Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it reliable for rendering AE compositions

AME is not reliable when it comes to rendering for AE.
    Time Remapping fails, some fx do not work, straight alpha is not available.

It would be great (and usefull) when AME renders exactly the same as AE.

Otherwise it is useless as a standalone renderer (as promised).

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. QuickTime Pro Res Renders Failing

I am having the an issue when I try to render a Quicktime ProRes 422 master. I can encode it without problems within Premiere, but when I send it to AME I get the Export Error message, with error code 2147287036 listed. I am on a brand new 27 iMac Retina 5K, 4.2 Ghz processor, 64GM RAM, and a Radeon Pro 580 with 6 GB VRAM. This is a fresh install of Creative Cloud. There are no previous versions running on this system, as I installed Creative Cloud apps for the first time on Thursday. I am running 12.1.2 on…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Encoding bitr rate is below the setting

BUG: Bitrates of exported files are significantly lower than the bitrate settings. Setting a Constant Bit Rate of 20Mbps yields a bitrate of 4.3Mbps on the finished file. The quality of the image is irrelevant as many media outlets have minimum bitrate requirements for deliverables.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. .DNG actually working with proxies

.dng files, when turned into proxies, are automatically renamed so it's impossible, even with the 'rename files if there's an identical file' thing unchecked, to make proxies with the same name as their original Raw DNG files without doing it manually, one by one, in file explorer. Which would be insanity.

Fortunately, offline raw files reconnect to proxies easily when searching for media start time instead of file name. BUT THEY DON'T GO BACK. God in heaven, I *** wish they did. You can't out the proxies offline and reconnect them to their raws again. You can go forward, but

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Orange83 effect renders incorrectly when sequence is queued out to Media Encoder

A particular Orange83 transition renders incorrectly in Media Encoder. It's one of these: https://sellfy.com/p/DXuM/

It plays back fine inside of Premiere Pro, and renders fine if the sequence isn't queued out to Media Encoder, but if it's queued out to Media Encoder, the blurring and motion effects aren't rendered--it just renders a kind of "cut zoom in."

Premiere Pro 12.1.1 (Build 10)
    Media Encoder 12.1.1 (Build 12)
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    10.0.16299 Build 16299

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Since the springupdate 12.1 - april mediaencoder on OSX 10.13.4 became totally useless / unpredictable

Since the springupdate 12.1 - april, mediaencoder on OSX 10.13.4 became totally useless / unpredictable.
    First is that encoding to HEVC is now missing the "max bitrate" setting. Only "target bitrate" is available.
    Whatever I select, ME creates extreme huge temp. M4V files .
    For example: HEVC traget 13Mbit/s estimatetd 3000MByte VBR = creates files of 25 GB..then tries to multiplex to a MP4 file, and therefor consumes every available discspace (up to 55GB in my case)...the OSX raises a warning ...running out of diskspace....the now created MP4 has now 11GB and is only playing halfway.

If set to CBR…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include project link for Comps sent from After Effects

It would be great if AME has an option to include a project link in the same way the After Effects Render Queue does in the Output Module Settings dialog box.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include project link for Comps sent from After Effects

It would be great if AME has an option to include a project link in the same way the After Effects Render Queue does in the Output Module Settings dialog box.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base