Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

The link between Premiere and media encoder doesn't work. fixe that would be a good start.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media encoder does not open in new window when exporting from premiere pro 12.1.2

Media encoder does not open in new window when exporting files from premiere pro CC version: 12.1.2 Previous version did this.

Current OS:High Sierra

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Email when Encoding Item Completes

Add the option to send an email once a specific task has finished. For example, if a task is set to publish to youtube, and email containing the URL to the youtube page would be awesome.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase the file size upload limit for Facebook

According to Facebook's Help Center, their file size limitation has increased to 4gb (with max length of 4hrs), from the former limit of 1.75gb. It seems AME and Premiere assume the limit is still 1.75gb and doesn't even attempt to upload if the size is greater. Would it be possible to raise the cap for that parameter to 4gb?

FB Help Center article: https://www.facebook.com/help/215726848451641?helpref=faq_content

Thank you for all your hard work!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Publish to AWS S3 bucket

It would be helpful for our workflow to be able to publish an encoded output to an AWS S3 bucket. (From there, it is ingested into our CMS.)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AME 2019 Not Handling Alpha Channels properly during export

Encountered an issue today on multiple machines running MacOS Mohave and the latest version of Adobe CC 2019. Timeline in premiere has a ProRes4444 file with an alpha channel on top of another footage file. It looks normal in premiere, and even looks correct in the preview window in Media Encoder. However, when rendering, I can see in the render preview window that the alpha channel footage is being rendered as having a black backdrop. This occurs in the rendered file as well.

The settings I was using are a modified form of the standard Vimeo 1080p H.264 preset. Settings…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rendering via "File AEM" in After Effects, then make a retake… gosh!

BUG : Rendering a composition via "File AEM" in After Effects, then make a retake, save, and render again doesn't apply the retake - Enven after quitting Media Encoder, deleting the AEM folder and use "File AEM" in After Effects again! Sometime deleting cache files in After Effect does it but not always. Only copy-past the layers in a new comp and rendering the new comp does it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AE Templates in Premiere Projects render with wrong fonts in Media Encoder

In Premiere, my team uses a handful of animated text templates I created for them in After Effects, but they are now having a number of problems with either Premiere, Media Encoder, or both, when rendering, in which the template font is ignored and substituted with the system default font. On my system, Premiere uses the correct fonts within Premiere, but as soon as it goes to media Encoder, it substitutes for Times New Roman.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe Media Encoder bug - Media Offline for captions w/ After Effects

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exporting Captions: "embed in output file" only exports 608 captions.

In EXPORT SETTINGS in Premiere:
    - when I have both 608 and 708 caption file on my project, I hit "Queue", it will only export the 608 text. However, in Premiere if I don't hit "Queue" and hit "export" it will export both.

So, exporting in Media Encoder does not for some reason export the 708 caption stream. Only the 608 one.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export 'Entire Sequence' should be the default, not 'Sequence In/Out'

About 90% of the time, I want to export the entire sequence.

This is especially irritating with large batches of exports as there is no way (that I've found) to change all exports to 'Entire Sequence' in one go. I have to chance them all one at a time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix whatever causes effects to render differently than they do in After Effects

In Media Encoder 2018 I've noticed some effects, like Particular are rendering different than they do in an After Effects render, like there are way more particles.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make image sequences available at import

Just make image sequences available at import.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Image Sequences are already supported via the Media Browser in AME.

Formats currently supported are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/file-formats-supported-import.html

If there’s a format that you’d like to see supported that currently is not on this list, please let us know.

If there’s a specific workflow you’re trying to achieve that isn’t possible via the image sequence format support in the product today, please add more detail as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

Thanks
    Patrick

16. BUG report [mac only]: Audio Channels containing effects are muted during rendering.

[on mac] (iMac macOS High Sierra 10.13.5)
    When we export our premiere project via Media Encoder, 1 audio channel is NOT included. If we export the same project directly via Premiere, the relevant audio channel is included.

The corresponding audio channel that is not exported via Media Encoder has the following effects:
    convolution reverb
    multiband compressor.

When we switch off the effects, the corresponding audio channel is included with the Media Encoder.

We have tried different export settings. (H.264 and match sequence settings).
    We have reset Media Encoder (hold shift while starting)
    We have tried to render through Open GL…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real-Time Playback

Support for Real-Time playback in the preview window.

This feature is mainly useful if using AME as a stand alone encoder, which is genuinely something it excels at. This feature is present in Apple Compressor and was in MPEG Streamclip.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. reverse telecine

please add reverse telecine! This is a needed function and it forces me to go outside of Creative Cloud to address it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Media Encoder Sequence Renders Super-imposed Elements as Upper Field Only

If I have a super-imposed element (with transparency) in a sequence that is sent to Media Encoder...e.g. a lower third, the result is that the lower third graphic only shows up on the upper field. If I choose to render directly from within Premiere, the output is correct (on both fields). It only occurs when sending the job over to Media Encoder.

Specifically I found this to be present in lower thirds generated from After Effects and imported as Graphics Essentials. I also found it when a black mask was drawn over top of a jpg.

Sony XDCAM 422 1080-60i…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. amending footage after export / merging two videos

I find I export a video, then need to reexport the full clip again after a small client amend. I think being able to overwrite a section and rewarp the footage would be a great feature.

I find using tiffs sequences works for this as i can amend smaller sections till everything is correct then re import them all as one clip. I dont want to export a full video every time as some projects take a long time to export.

Surely this feature can be done with raw quicktime files.
    h264 would be a dream but i imagine that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base