Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WHY DID YOU REMOVE SUPPORT FOR MKV FILES??!!!

Why would you remove support for mkv files in the latest version??

OBS on windows records to mkv files and many people use it for screen captures, mkv is the recommended file type in OBS because it will save the file to the drive even if OBS crashes; MP4 will not do that.. So now I can't import ANY screencaptures I've done into Premiere Pro, or Media Encoder............................. This is extremely frustrating.

At the very lease Media Encoder should be able to convert it to a format that Premiere will be able to use.

We live in a time where…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add HAP codec family to export options

With the removal of Legacy Quicktime codecs, I can't export HAP from the latest Media Encoders.

This is an open source codec. Please add it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PP & AME 12.1.2 broke support for YI 4K+ 60fps

AME 12.1.2 is ignoring 4K 60fps files from the YI 4K+ Still works in 12.1.1

And Premiere Pro 12.1.2 says "The importer reported a generic error" on one system, and another records a series of events:

A low-level exception occurred in ImporterMPEG (Importer:39)
    A low-level exception occurred in ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    A low-level exception occurred in ImporterQuickTime (Importer:39)

(Oh and thanks in advance for adding that copy button to that Events windows for the next version..............Adobe......)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Output JPEG 2000 Sequence in XYZ Colorspace

Nothing to describe, it is basically that: Output JPEG 2000 Sequence in XYZ Colorspace

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Adobe Media Encoder is shifting color when rendering to h264 codec MP4

After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder 2020 are rendering h264 codec MP4s too bright. The colors are washed out slightly and what I'm assuming is a gamma shift. I'm using Windows 10, After Effects v17.1.4, Adobe Media Encoder v14.4, and Nvidia driver 451.77.

This issue does not exist on After Effects 2019 and Adobe Media Encoder 2019. The MP4s look as you would expect, using identical settings for export.

One additional finding was that using After Codecs plugin, I'm able to export an MP4 using the x264 codec and the colors are correct. That is also using AE and AME…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WebP (still & animated) support

When exporting from for example After Effects, I'd like to take advantage of the newest formats to cater the needs of my co-workers and ensure the best quality. This includes being able to make life easier for the developers with more flexible formats like WebP and WebM. WebP is very versatile; it allows for a 24-bit transparency coloring, which is something other animation formats simply do not support (and formats that do support it, are not supported by web browsers).

Supporting WebP would solve this (for stills, but also for animation). Animated GIFs don't support the same level of transparency,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add in FLV export support. It's an Adobe product so seems bizarre it's been removed.

Animate assumes FLV encoding is available then ME reports it can't be done when choosing a file to convert. Re-instate this functionality please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Embed captions in more formats

You can currently only embed closed captions into Quicktime MOVs. This needs to be expanded so you can also embed captions in MPEG-2 (PS & TS) and MP4 formats. You can currently do that in Apple Compressor, but not Media Encoder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Plugins for extra formats / legacy formats

Currently a lot of us are confronted with the stopped support for old Quicktime formats (especially Animation/Lossless with deltaframes). In our case, we have quite an archive with assets that we would like to be able to reuse some day.
    How great would it be when Adobe or a third party could add support to Media Encoder to make sure that old formats can be transoded to whatever future format. (a bit VLC-ish, but very welcome).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Image Sequence Output

I need the ability to add extra tags or formatting to filenames for image sequences. Eg. Current EXR sequence gets output as "shot0100001.exr" but many vfx firms use 1001 as start number for comps. Can we have a frame start number added to media encoder?

Also, the option to output the file into it's own subfolder would make it easier. Eg..
    shot010v01/shot010v01.####.exr

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PAL Specification is wrong

Why does the same mistake with the PAL format specification repeat for several generations of your product? Why PAL you have a different pixel aspect ratio than it actually is? This constantly creates problems in the work! We make videos in Full HD format, and then create a master for the air, including in the PAL format. Full HD 16x9 Square Pixels = 1920x1080. PAL Widescreen 16x9 square pixels = 1024x768. PAL Widescreen non-square = 720x576. 1024/720 = 1.4222, not 1.4587, as indicated in your programs, and therefore you always have to artificially edit these values with your hands and…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HEVC Video doesn't work in CC 2019 Trail Version despite it being in the Release Notes

HEVC Video doesn't work in CC 2019 Trail Version despite it being in the Release Notes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Animated GIF Quality Slider does not affect resulting file size or quality

I'm rendering short h264 (.mp4) files and the resulting Animated GIF files are much larger in size. When I re-render with various quality settings, there's no change in the resulting file size or quality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HEVC Codec error

I currently manage over 400 Macs with Adobe Media Encoder installed and I am seeing the following error when trying to import files that use the HEVC codec on around 60% of these machines.

All machines are configured exactly the same and have the following setup
    MacOS 10.12.6
    AME 12.1.1 (Build 12)

The exact error message I get is attached

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ProRes RAW support so that we can at least transcode to 422.

We shot a film in ProRes RAW at the University I teach at and ended up having to do this janky workflow with FCPX to edit the files in Premiere. It would have been nice to, at the very least, throw the footage into Encoder to transcode RAW to ProRes 422. (like I have to do with the new Panasonic 422 10bit files). Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. animated gif

enable Animated GIF encoding on MacOS version of AME

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DXV 2.0 support

We have been able to use DXV codec from Adobe as recently as March of this year, but now it has stopped being an available option. I would like some way of finding out when it became unavailable so I can roll back. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AV1 codec et Apple Prores MXF

When will we be entitled to the AV1 codec and have HLG, bt.2020 for Apple Prores MXF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe Media Encoder 2020 | ARRIRAW Transcoding

Hi,

I wish to migrate to Windows 10 PC and want to use ‘Adobe Media Encoder 2020’ as my primary transcoding app.

I am aware Adobe CC works fine with Red & DSLR workflows. But I am having difficulty with open gate ARRI RAW & Camera Audio to create proxy.

Feature Request:
    Secondly, can we have Tape ID/Reel Name data burn in (overlay) option like Da Vinci Resolve Studio/Lite or Pomfort Silverstack Lab.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: "Match Source" resizes video

When trying to encode a 4920x180 source into an MP4 using "Match Source" preset, it resizes the video down to 4096x180 (adding black bars on top and bottom). "Match Source" should respect the original size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base