Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add QuickTime Reference file support again!

This was an absolutely superfast workflow for exporting from Avid.
    Really easy and time saving. Avid even still offers QuickTime reference export in version 2019.9.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed captions in more formats

You can currently only embed closed captions into Quicktime MOVs. This needs to be expanded so you can also embed captions in MPEG-2 (PS & TS) and MP4 formats. You can currently do that in Apple Compressor, but not Media Encoder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XDCam MXF format and stereo sound

I tried to do custom export preset for XDCam MXF format with stereo sound and failed. I made this preset for our Final Cut X users easily with Compressor but when I tried to do the same with Media Encoder Preset Manager I failed. It would be nice if I'll have an option to make MXF presets with custom audio settings.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix bug when exporing MP4 - Audio falls around 10ms out of sync

This seems to be the same problem others have had described here:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2285436

When exporting to H.264 in MP4 the audio falls around 10ms out of sync. Very confusing. All other formats seem to be fine. I have even exported to ProRes 422 HQ, then taken that file directly into AME and the audio was off. See the picture attached, where the first track is video, second track is correct audio exported from sound studio and third track is the mp4 exported, with sound out of sync. We have tried many different settings, but the fact that it works with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AME 2020 fails on encoding 4K HEVC(H265), in AME 2019 it works fine

Today I repeatedly tried to encode a 4K HEVC(H265) file, and I got very quick fails with error code 7 (Out of Memory). Checked save locations, memory usage, disk cache, etc. Closed AME2020, reopened, etc.
    Then I reinstalled AME2019, and it worked like a charm.

So it's a new bug, I guess...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. WHY DID YOU REMOVE SUPPORT FOR MKV FILES??!!!

Why would you remove support for mkv files in the latest version??

OBS on windows records to mkv files and many people use it for screen captures, mkv is the recommended file type in OBS because it will save the file to the drive even if OBS crashes; MP4 will not do that.. So now I can't import ANY screencaptures I've done into Premiere Pro, or Media Encoder............................. This is extremely frustrating.

At the very lease Media Encoder should be able to convert it to a format that Premiere will be able to use.

We live in a time where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Encode Chapter Markers into H.264

Please add the option to encode chapter markers directly into an H.264 video file.
    I tried to use the H.264 Blu Ray option but the Chapter Markers get encoded into a separate file.

I would like to see a checkbox like "include Chapter Markers in movie file". With the functionality, that if one was to click it, the chapter markers would get baked into the mp4 file.

I definitely know this is possible for FCPX has a similar option, however, I don't like exporting my projects first from Premiere, importing them into FCPX, adding the chapter markers there and then…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. transparent GIF in media encoder

Please add an option to render transparent GIF in media encoder. currently media encoder doesn't export transparent GIF.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Webm support

Has webm is becoming an important video format for the web.
    It would be nice Media Encoder support it (from and to).

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Plugins for extra formats / legacy formats

Currently a lot of us are confronted with the stopped support for old Quicktime formats (especially Animation/Lossless with deltaframes). In our case, we have quite an archive with assets that we would like to be able to reuse some day.
    How great would it be when Adobe or a third party could add support to Media Encoder to make sure that old formats can be transoded to whatever future format. (a bit VLC-ish, but very welcome).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PAL Specification is wrong

Why does the same mistake with the PAL format specification repeat for several generations of your product? Why PAL you have a different pixel aspect ratio than it actually is? This constantly creates problems in the work! We make videos in Full HD format, and then create a master for the air, including in the PAL format. Full HD 16x9 Square Pixels = 1920x1080. PAL Widescreen 16x9 square pixels = 1024x768. PAL Widescreen non-square = 720x576. 1024/720 = 1.4222, not 1.4587, as indicated in your programs, and therefore you always have to artificially edit these values with your hands and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please Add .MKV Conversion too Will be a lot helpfull

Have to use some other Converters for MKV conversion and that software are not Trust Worthy ..Please Add this Support in Adobe Encoder ...

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WebM support, please!

It's super important for my project right now... If you could implement that, it would be amazing

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A unified and straightforward method for outputting files to different color spaces.

Media Encoder is missing a critical module when it's not able to set different output modules with different color spaces. This is an old request and with time it's only gotten more important. If the output for the same file needs to conform to 3-4 different color spaces, the most efficient method obviously is going to be in the final step, not having to set up multiple sub-cmps in AE with different Output Module effects applied.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MORE FORMATS

For example .ogg, .webm or .mkv

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. DPP AS11 files level shift

Exporting DPP AS11 files has awful levels shift. Shadows raised and highlights dropped. I've tested creating AS11 in Media Encoder from a dozen different mezzanine files and encounter the same. So Media Encoder doesn't appear to be an option for AS11 creation as far as I can tell. It's strange as I've used it the past so will test some older Media Encoder versions and see if there is a version where it works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add the adobe acrobat reader version 8 or 9 app to the chrome web store

good

I would like you to add the adobe acrobat reader version 8 or 9 app to the chrome web store to view documents in PDF format as it has the utility of saving progress.

thank you

Diego Almonte

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MP2

I'm a public radio producer, and one of the formats I need to export to is .MP2 audio. Most radio stations require this for distribution (weird, but something we have to work with), and this would greatly streamline my production workflow. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Animated GIF Quality Slider does not affect resulting file size or quality

I'm rendering short h264 (.mp4) files and the resulting Animated GIF files are much larger in size. When I re-render with various quality settings, there's no change in the resulting file size or quality.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base