Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to encode videos WITHOUT administrator permission

I have been facing this issue ever since I was hired by my company. For some odd reason I cannot batch encode my videos without the lamb noise coming up and saying "Encoding Failed." This is pretty aggravating considering I have to encode multiple videos at a time and without Media Encoder I would have to manually encode each video through Premiere. The error log states that I don't have permission to create or delete the output file which is total BS. I will have the log attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish directly on Facebook Business

At the moment, publish video to Facebook, goes straight to live, although business' prepare their posts in advance and using Facebook Business for both organic and paid posts. Publish here is best for this sense. Thank you, Sérgio.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use assimilate capabilities in watch folders

When you set up a watch folder you should be able to batch rename and add metadata to output files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have the Creative Cloud desktop app have a look at Media Encoders' watch folded

It might be an idea to have the Creative Cloud desktop app have a look at Media Encoders' watch folded and start running Media Encoder as soon as a file is added to the Watch Folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Estimated time remaining for proxy generation

Adding an estimated time remaining to the batch processing of proxies so an editor knows a rough idea of when they can come back to the workstation to begin editing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG!!! Media Encoder preset with timecode defaults to show frame count rather than TC

This seems to have been introduces with the latest update. I have a preset to render an H264 file with file name and timecode visually burned in. Before updating it worked fine. Now it shows a number(I assume framecount) rather than TC. If I switch to generate rather than source, then it shows TC. But if I save the preset on "generate," it saves the starting time as well, so the TC is not accurate. If I create a new preset, the first application works as expected, but once I apply from the saved preset it fails in the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Encoding profile spontaneously changes during batch process

Encoding profile spontaneously changes from a custom preset to DV Pal during batch process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Media Encoder not uploading, hangs (FTP)

Bug Report
    Media Encoder CC2019 13.1 build 173 on Mac OS X 10.13.6

1. Queue a sequence from PP CC2019 to Media Encoder.

2. Use a preset that has Publish enabled (FTP in my case - account has been tested, and the same preset worked successfully on an earlier render.)

3. The encoding completed successfully with a good file, but the FTP publish step is stuck indefinitely on "Waiting for encoding" (see picture). I have waited 20 minutes.

Log attached in reply message.

Update: After writing this I open the setting and tested the FTP connection.
    AME hanged (beachballed). Let it sit for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media Encoder 2019 freezes everytime I change by quality for a After effects render

For the new Adobe Media encoder 2019 13.02 It always freezes up and crashes if I change the quality of my after effects render. Could the adobe team plz patch that up so it could run smoother and not do that by any means.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show estimated Time for FTP Upload

It would be great if i could see how long the upload to FTP Servers will take, because sometimes the files will be directly downloaded and i need to tell how long it will take.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. image overlay blending mode

Blending mode selection under the image overlay settings when exporting in Media Encoder would be great! Opacity percentage alone just doesn't cut it :) Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fade in/out

Please add automatic fade in/out - i want to add this to a few thousand videos and it's no problem in other encoders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Apply Preset names to file

Once I finish an edit in Premiere I need to encode 27 files from the sequence. I've created 27 presets in MEdia Encoder. My question is, can I add a "name" to each preset that would be show in the files name as well?

Example

original file name: RaceCarV3.mov
    new file name based on WebM preset: RaceCarV3-WebM.webm

Anyway to do this? pleeeeeessseee!!!!!! make this happen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?