Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when media encoder finishes a file allow the user to say where the ORIGINAL should go (currently its a long-date-stamped folder)

Media Encoder puts all original media in ugly folders, it would be nice for example if the file could be put in a new folder as the same name of the file or even a user specified folder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export multiple videos at the same time

Export multiple videos at the same time i.e. two or more

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export multiple videos at the same time

Export multiple videos at the same time i.e. two or more

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Multi Instance Encoding

AME does not use all cores, because of unknown reason (OpenSource encoder can do this). I have an 32 Core CPU (Threadripper) and only 5 Cores used.

Either AME should scale encoding processes (without GPU) to more cores, or AME should allow to start multiple instances (without GPU) to use the other cores in parallel.

In my case encoding into DNX 4K takes only 5 cores with only 200Mb/s and waste the other cores with doing nothing. Encoding takes two times than the length (approx. 30fps). I could render 6 streams in parallel without any problems, but i can't and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to change multiple files in queue to specific out put location

Why, oh why doesn't media encoder allow me to select multiple file sin a queue and set a specific output location? I would think this would be a given especially after how long this program has been around.

Simply put again: I would/need to have the option to select multiple files in queue and set a specific output location/folder for each file - so allowing multiple output locations for whatever the file requires. I am constantly doing large jobs and multiple revisions on multiple versions of videos. To have to adjust each file separately is tedious and time consuming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS

Please add CUDA support back into Media Encoder 2020 for macOS. I use a Mac Pro Mid 2012 tower with an NVIDIA GTX 970 and 64GB of RAM. Only being allowed to use Metal as a renderer increases my export time to more than than 4x for the same sequences from ME 2019. I've tried using Premiere with Windows and Boot Camp, but can't properly edit multicam sequences in Windows on this thing because of constant audio drop outs and delays, so right now my best option is to edit in macOS, then boot into Windows for exporting with CUDA…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preferences: determine default transcode/export preset from MediaEncoder for any source's incoming file

Predetermine the output of MediaEncoder (ME) via "Preferences": ME is not only useful in the Adobe's App ballpark but also very welcome on already delivered files that need to be transcoded. Well, there is a "default destination" one can determine in the settings but there is no "default transcode" to set before one brings in files from an external source (let's say EVS ProRes(HQ) off a multi-cam recording or even an H.264 off any drone) and pre-determine the output setting.
    This should be available in the settings of ME!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fade in/out

Please add automatic fade in/out - i want to add this to a few thousand videos and it's no problem in other encoders.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get Media Encoder to respect all fonts from Premiere Pro.

Media Encoder CC 2019 doesn't respect my client's proprietary font which works fine in Premiere Pro, but instead replaces it with a generic font. Highly annoying and time consuming to discover this in the middle of a long batch export. Had to do them all from Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Handling of Watch Folders, Image Sequences, and "Source" Folder

Many times animations are rendered out in image sequences, and while the watch folder implementation is helpful to transcode to other video formats, the system has one critical flaw:

Currently, if you import an image sequence into a watch folder, and there are multiple output presets associated with that watch folder, only the first process completes successfully. Any other processes after that fail to transcode - since the source images have been moved to the source folder and are no longer available in the watch folder.

It would be awesome to improve/implement the following:

1. Allow the user more control and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. possible to instal prevoius version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?

possible to instal previous version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?
    Download from where ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. [BUG] Importing multiple After Effects compositions requires unnecessary additional steps

When I open an After Effects project in the Media Browser and drag multiple Comps into the Queue, I get prompted to navigate to the Comp for each Comp that I have added to the Queue. It seems to be a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allocate media exports across different computers over network

While Media encoder is super helpful , it is a bit limited with network options. I have 3 machines available to me and they all run Adobe Media encoder and premier pro. Our media library is on the local storage so you can open project files from any machine.

At the moment , if I want to utilise all of my machines(for decreasing export times) , I have to open the same Premiere Pro file and then prepare different sequences for export on each machine individually or access the sequence through each computer's Media encoder.

It would be great if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. scripting

I run AME from the command line and specify path to the script that contains the code for render of the PremierPro project. AME opens, the specified project loads into the render queue, and the rendering doing.

But there is no way to assign framerange/timerange in scripting.

I studied the manual AME Scripting Guide (Release 1.0, Jul 30, 2020). And I found it impossible to programmatically set the frameRange or timeRange for render queue object (Batch Item Object).

Including such a function in scripting will allow one video to be calculated on several computers of the render farm. Very Important!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit multiple files with the same start time

Often I will have over 50 clips that need to start at the same timecode. The ability to be able to highlight all clips and set one start time instead of having to go through and set 50 individual in points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sort queue options

Please give me the option to sort the render queue by name, date added, or even video length. Right now, to reorder the queue, I can only do it by dragging processes up and down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A 'smart fail' option of sorts?

Can AME offer some kind of 'output monitoring'? For example, often I will have a batch of proxies or sequences queued up to export. Sometimes AME won't fail exporting (give the yellow ! error), it will just hang and stop encoding. This is extremely annoying in its own right, but when it stops early on in an overnight batch encode only to see 4 or 5 out of 20 actually encoded in the morning, it is beyond frustrating that I let my computer run 8 hours doing nothing.

Can AME offer some kind of monitoring that if it is not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. half input

Instead of choosing between "same as source" or a custom resolution.

Id would be great with a simple "half of input resolution" option when choosing resolution

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. slate

It would be great to have a slate feature, where I upload a bumper, or slate, or any other custom intro/outro file and have the ability to stitch it uniformly at the beginning and/or end over another clip, or for a Premiere export. Then to bake this into a preset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base