Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLEASE allow custom destination paths for each preset respectively

We constantly have to encode one commercial sport to multiple markets (20+) across the US. Each market has it's own video specs. It would REALLY be a time saver to have each preset go to a predetermined destination, instead of all going into one folder then having to sort them out. Please?

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Handling of Watch Folders, Image Sequences, and "Source" Folder

Many times animations are rendered out in image sequences, and while the watch folder implementation is helpful to transcode to other video formats, the system has one critical flaw:

Currently, if you import an image sequence into a watch folder, and there are multiple output presets associated with that watch folder, only the first process completes successfully. Any other processes after that fail to transcode - since the source images have been moved to the source folder and are no longer available in the watch folder.

It would be awesome to improve/implement the following:

1. Allow the user more control and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Distrubuted Processing, Export with multiple computers

Similar to Compressor on macOS — add the ability for users to queue and export a Premiere Pro timeline on another workstation(s). Editors can be liberated to work on the next project as the last finishes in a queue on another computer.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Overall queue estimated remaining time

It would be great to have an estimated time remaining for a whole batch of videos. Currently the remaining time is only displayed per output node in the Encoding Panel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Name of "Source" Folder when using Watch Folders

When using a Watch Folder, ME moves the original file to a folder called Source and places it under a sub-folder named with the date and time.

This means that locating the original file requires knowledge of when it was processed. Not a big deal when managing only a few files, but a huge pain for a large number of files, particularly when multiple editors need to locate those files.

At a bare minimum, I would like the be able to set the sub-folder name to the same as the original file. Appending a "_#" tot he folder name in…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. possible to instal prevoius version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?

possible to instal previous version (12) to be able to work again with ME ?
    Download from where ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Watch folder/image sequence/waiting user controlled image count

Watch a folder where image sequences are rendered but wait a user define image count before processing.
    ex : watch a folder or sub folders >if watch folder or subfolder have x files then start batch processing this folder

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. new ME update 12.1.2 works on Mac

Finally the new ME update 12.1.2 is not crashing anymore on Mac - thanks Adobe !

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Batch Processing works only for the VISA card, what happened ?

ME Batch Processing works only for the VISA card, what happened ?
    Everything was tested including even the Direct Adobe Team Connect.
    Many days lost, very special situation for video editors, totaly Hopeless ..

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Media Encoder using up all RAM and crashing my computer on batch exports

Media encoder always worked fine for me up until the first 2018 CC update. Since then AME has been pretty close to useless. AME will use up all of my machine's RAM, (64gb) no matter how much I limit or increase the RAM usage within preferences. I've set all of my cache and memory folders to an external drive and I've exhausted every option to try and address this issue both on my own and with the assistance of adobe customer support and nothing works. The latest update of AME did not fix the issue either. It is killing the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatic selecting of outputs

Selecting similar outputs based on their position in the Q:
    FOR EXAMPLE: In the Q there are 3 files, every file has 3 outputs:
    1. User select 2 Files.
    2. User click on a button or keyboard shortcut to enable: Select Similar Outputs by Index"
    3.User Click on First output
    4. AME select all first outputs of selected files.

the same, if user clicks on the "Similar" button but selects second output of selected files.

Image attached

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatic reading of files

When reading sequences of files AME Should do it automatically from folders. Choosing one folder and AME will load all sequences it recognize in that folder tree. Like AE but little bit better.

Maybe even give us a list of formats it recognizes for us to choose from:

"AME Found files in this folder and its folder tree. please select which files you want to load to the Q and how:"

name.jpg (read as a seq) choose to: load as seq load as files
    name.mov
    nameB.jpg (read as a seq) choose to: load as seq load as files
    name.png (read…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full ExtendScript support (with documentation) including Vimeo/YouTube metadata

After Effects can't export an H264 larger than 2000x2000. When I'm exporting 100 files to AME for 4K YouTube/Vimeo upload, it would be extremely helpful to be able to set the metadata (and other settings) via script. Doing this manually is a beast!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change Source Range of Selected Queued Items

I have clips that have in and out set in Premiere Pro CC. I queue in them in AME. I want to encode the Range In/Out not Entire Clip. Currently there is no way to change all of the clips in the queue and I have to open the dialog for each of the clips one by one. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Source Range of Selected Queued Items

I have 300 clips that have in and out set in Premiere Pro CC. I queue in them in AME. I want to encode the Range In/Out not Entire Clip. Currently there is no way to change all of the clips in the queue and I have to open the dialog for each of the 300 clips one by one. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [BUG] Importing multiple After Effects compositions requires unnecessary additional steps

When I open an After Effects project in the Media Browser and drag multiple Comps into the Queue, I get prompted to navigate to the Comp for each Comp that I have added to the Queue. It seems to be a bug.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Footage from my iPhone is being flipped 90 degrees while compressing. Why?!

I go to look at the footage placed in my timeline and it looks a normal 16:9 look. Yet, while compressing my footage Media Encoder flips my videos upsidedown? Why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rendering a sequence from a Premiere Pro project file

I'd like to be able to set up watch folder for Media Encoder, and to accept sequences from Premiere Pro files (so i send my sequence from my computer, then render on a 2nd machine / server), without having to transfer source files to the 2nd computer.

Currently only already made videos can be moved to watch folders.
    And sequences within premiere project files have to manually be added to Media Encoder

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base