Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Batch Destination/Naming Settings

Very frustrating that it isn't possible to change the export folder/filenames in bulk.

Compressor has done this well for years, with the ability to create presets for common destinations and file naming structures.

Something like that would be super useful.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Encoder not uploading, hangs (FTP)

Bug Report
    Media Encoder CC2019 13.1 build 173 on Mac OS X 10.13.6

1. Queue a sequence from PP CC2019 to Media Encoder.
    2. Use a preset that has Publish enabled (FTP in my case - account has been tested, and the same preset worked successfully on an earlier render.)
    3. The encoding completed successfully with a good file, but the FTP publish step is stuck indefinitely on "Waiting for encoding" (see picture). I have waited 20 minutes.

Log attached in reply message.

Update: After writing this I open the setting and tested the FTP connection.
    AME hanged (beachballed). Let…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preferences: determine default transcode/export preset from MediaEncoder for any source's incoming file

Predetermine the output of MediaEncoder (ME) via "Preferences": ME is not only useful in the Adobe's App ballpark but also very welcome on already delivered files that need to be transcoded. Well, there is a "default destination" one can determine in the settings but there is no "default transcode" to set before one brings in files from an external source (let's say EVS ProRes(HQ) off a multi-cam recording or even an H.264 off any drone) and pre-determine the output setting.
    This should be available in the settings of ME!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow more than the default 5 seconds when encoding a still image to an movie

Currently AME defaults to 5 seconds when encoding a jpg to an movie in a batch mode. Any way we could develop over the 5 seconds.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creative Cloud timer to short

I have a bunch of videos being converted to smaller files. I run them when I'm not in the office. Well, the thing is every little while the Adobe window pops up asking if it is still me and I have to click "continue" to stay signed in and every time the window pops up the Adobe programs stop what they are doing so only a couple videos get done. The sign in window is messing up our work flow. It is going to be a real pain if all semester you have to stay with the computer or come…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When sequencing two Gear 360 dual-fisheye videos AME injects VR Metadata even though "Video is VR" checkbox is not selected.

See This wasted a whole day of rendering because even though I visually verified that the "Video is VR" checkbox was unselected, it still rendered with VR metadata.
    Steps used to recreate:

1. Take two Gear 360 (2016) videos and drop into AME. See droptostitch.png
    2. Verify that Export Settings->Video->"Video is VR" is unselected without making any changes.
    3. Observe that the video is set to render as "Match source - high bitrate". At this point if left to render it will render with the "Video is VR" metadata injected. See result.png
    4. To fix this issue you currently have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it stop randomly pausing making proxies of HEVC 4k

Ingesting and making proxies of iPhone 4K/30 video is unusable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. slate

It would be great to have a slate feature, where I upload a bumper, or slate, or any other custom intro/outro file and have the ability to stitch it uniformly at the beginning and/or end over another clip, or for a Premiere export. Then to bake this into a preset.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Append custom file name on export

I would like to append a custom name to the end or beginning of a file name on export. Yes, I know you can select an option saying "Append preset name to filename on export", but I don't need this all the time. It would be much simpler if this was an option that is chosen within the preset itself. This would create much more flexibility when exporting.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Media Encoder 2019 freezes everytime I change by quality for a After effects render

For the new Adobe Media encoder 2019 13.02 It always freezes up and crashes if I change the quality of my after effects render. Could the adobe team plz patch that up so it could run smoother and not do that by any means.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show estimated Time for FTP Upload

It would be great if i could see how long the upload to FTP Servers will take, because sometimes the files will be directly downloaded and i need to tell how long it will take.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone

App for Media Encoder to send progress status/updates to your phone so you know when it's finished processing footage. This way, you can leave your computer to do the work and be notified when the job's done or is nearing completion.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fade in/out

Please add automatic fade in/out - i want to add this to a few thousand videos and it's no problem in other encoders.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. when media encoder finishes a file allow the user to say where the ORIGINAL should go (currently its a long-date-stamped folder)

Media Encoder puts all original media in ugly folders, it would be nice for example if the file could be put in a new folder as the same name of the file or even a user specified folder.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Distributed Rendering

The Creative Cloud suite needs the ability to use other resources connected to the same network for distributed rendering.

Installing a small program on other connected machines would allow the primary machine to use the available CPU/GPU and memory of connected machines to speed up render/export duties.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. image overlay blending mode

Blending mode selection under the image overlay settings when exporting in Media Encoder would be great! Opacity percentage alone just doesn't cut it :) Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Watch folders with subfolders

Watch folders should be able to also watch and encode from subfolders. Having all footage in one folder or having to create multiple watch folders is very inefficient and impractical when dealing with a lot of footage.

I would also like to be able to use Media Encoder to automatically render small HEVC backup files of all new footage to be sent to offsite backup. Setting my whole video project directory as a watch folder with subfolders would allow this; the output folder would be easy to back up.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. caption

Captions fail to be rendered when batch exporting from Premier

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →