Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

How can we improve Media Encoder?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018

This is an observation of problems with AME 2018 exports after many hours of paintstaking work late at night to try to produce a H264 Based Blu Ray disc through Encore 6, but I suspect other authoring SW would have same issue.

I know Encore 6 is a legacy product and out of support - but AME version 2017 encoded H264 blu ray files which always worked fine.

There is also a thread on Encore Community Forums about this issue where other people have found same problem as well.

Today I see no way to produce a Blu Ray H264…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

34 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Broken Dynamic Link Connection (v16)

Ever since updating to the 2019 version of Creative Cloud, the Dynamic Link Server in Media Encoder is unable to connect when attempting to export AE compositions. In After Effects, the compositions don't transfer through the render queue or "Add to Media Encoder Queue" options. The only way to export is to select the comp through Media Encoder's media browser. Even through that, the compositions are not updated to recent changes even though the AE file has been saved.

Working on a 64GB iMac with macOS High Sierra with newly updated CC software.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Lumetri LUTs not available for creating Presets

When creating an Encoding preset, not all the installed LUTs, that show in PP, appear in the Lumetri Look / LUT dropdown. Further, I have been unable to import 3rd party Panasonic LUTS using the "Select" option in the dropdown. Apparently, the only compatible LUTs are in a legacy .ITX format? As a result, I am unable to apply a simple V-Log-to-Rec709 LUT to dailies footage that I want to transcode for client use, nor am I able to add such LUTs when creating proxy files. None of the supplied LUTs appear to have been designed as technical LUTs to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Long transcodes from DV to ProRes results in large chunks of skipped video

I'm seeing a tremendous number of problems on long transcodes with camera cuts in the dailies. I'm working on a doc feature including a lot of Hi8 and MiniDV tapes. The source tapes are captured in long chunks, often over an hour. Within this are camera cuts, crash recorded blank tape spots, etc - the usual amateur issues. The source clips are all perfect on import. However, most of the transcodes (to ProRes 1080 @23.98) have serious problems as follows:

- clips can be truncated, i.e. can be 30 mins or more shorter than source clip.
    - clips have internal…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

Save queue function for Encoder. So we can save on one machine and open up on more powerful rendering machine :-)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Media Encoder v13.0.1 Exporting gifs change all colours slightly. #FFFFFF changes to #FBFBFB

When I export my After Efects composition as a gif with Media Encoder, it alters all of the colours in my file. White (#FFFFFF) changes to an off white (#FBFBFB) this is not a colour calibration issue as when opened in other programs the colours can be eyedropped and are completely different. Exporting as a video keeps all of the original colours, only gifs cahnge.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simple idea to make Media Encoder feel faster

When I start Media Encoder from within After Effects it usually takes ages till Media Encoder even just shows the AE project. Why does it need every single detail from AE before even listing the name of the composition? Would it not be great to have AE just pass on the name and composition resolution at first. While the other stuff loads, the user can already enter a file name and tinker with the encoding settings. This seems very simple and would tremendously speed up my workflow. Thanks for your consideration. Til

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We want better optimization for Multicore processores and cuda on Mac OS.

Rendering times on multicore xeon machines is slow.
    Media Encoder is using only 20% of machine processing capacity.

Also, cuda is not using the graphics card at all while rendering.
    And it's slower than using software only renderer.

Can you please optimize your rendering engine to utilize our new fast mac machines more.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Media Encoder crazy slow since CC2019

This is a general observation rather than a specific request, but ever since the CC2019, ME is really sluggish. Things that are now taking ages and/or just plain crashing:

- Opening the app
    - Dragging a mov in to the queue
    - Selecting the preset
    - Selecting the size
    - Unchecking the linked ratio box
    - Changing 1 pass to 2 pass
    - Selecting output location.

So yeah basically everything takes three times longer than it used to. What happened!?

(Windows 10, 32gig ram, Geforce 680M, no problems before update)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Webm support

Has webm is becoming an important video format for the web.
    It would be nice Media Encoder support it (from and to).

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PAL Specification is wrong

Why does the same mistake with the PAL format specification repeat for several generations of your product? Why PAL you have a different pixel aspect ratio than it actually is? This constantly creates problems in the work! We make videos in Full HD format, and then create a master for the air, including in the PAL format. Full HD 16x9 Square Pixels = 1920x1080. PAL Widescreen 16x9 square pixels = 1024x768. PAL Widescreen non-square = 720x576. 1024/720 = 1.4222, not 1.4587, as indicated in your programs, and therefore you always have to artificially edit these values with your hands and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Append custom file name on export

I would like to append a custom name to the end or beginning of a file name on export. Yes, I know you can select an option saying "Append preset name to filename on export", but I don't need this all the time. It would be much simpler if this was an option that is chosen within the preset itself. This would create much more flexibility when exporting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Failure

I believe we can all benefit from having a nice sound effect that indicates when a Render has Failed or Completed successfully.

It is incredibly frustrating to come back to my computer to see that devilish Red 'X', shamelessly telling me that AME decided to spontaneously abort mission without warning. Now this is, obviously, very frustrating and can ruin your entire mood and workflow. But, what if it didn't?

What if there was a little more satisfaction in successfully rendering a composition? Now here me out, I'm sure most of us have played a game or two at some point.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019 - Taking 180 Hours to Render (was 6 Hours before the upgrade)

AME CC 2019 is taking 180 hours to render, while the normal would be 6 hours. HOWEVER there is a CATCH: This slowness came while the computer was NOT being used - overnight, in screen saver/standby mode. When I came in the morning and started using it, the 'Remaining' info in AME started to drop dramatically. Now it is about 78 hours to finish, and dropping. Doing some calculations here, it might finish in the 6-7 hour estimate, as long as I don't let the computer alone, I'm assuming. IMPORTANT to note: I did the same thing yesterday, same video,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A simple rotate function would be great! Often we convert phone footage, ant it needs to be rotated 90 degrees.

Pretty simple. Adding some rotate function to the crop function would be really helpful....and easy I imagine

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let us set a maximum file size for best render compression

It'd be great to just set the desired output file size, and have AME do the best compression it can for that specific size. Thanks.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding

Add support for Nvidia's NVENC H.264/HEVC encoding to assist machines not equipped with Intel QuickSync

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open Captions do not render in Adobe Media Encoder when queued in Premiere - the Open Captions render when exported using Premiere directly.

Bug report - Open Captions do not render in Adobe Media Encoder when queued in Premiere - the Open Captions render when exported using Premiere directly.

Is there a work around please? Or a fix?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base