Media Encoder

Welcome to the Adobe Media Encoder feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Media Encoder team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Media Encoder community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add QuickTime Reference file support again!

This was an absolutely superfast workflow for exporting from Avid.
    Really easy and time saving. Avid even still offers QuickTime reference export in version 2019.9.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drastic Difference in Color Rendering from Premiere

There is a drastic color difference when exporting via AME, compared with exporting directly from Premiere. See attached photos. I literally changed nothing on the timeline, but it's handled completely differently. This has happened to me twice in the last month, both from h.264 clips and ProRes 422 clips with Lumetri effects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. dolby digital plus & dolby true HD 5.1 sound .

Video and audio encoder with dolby digital plus & dolby true HD 5.1 sound for adobe Premier pro & media encoder.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Encoder hanging during transcode

There is a bug that I have yet to see explained exactly the same as I am experiencing it. I'm trying to transcode some MP4 h.264 files into a higher compressed h.264 file to better fit in it's playback medium. I thought the issue was the computer going to sleep pausing the render, even though that should not have been the case.
    -Fresh install of Windows 10 1809
    -drop multiple mp4 files into AME, hit start and it will go for a while.
    -after a few minutes it stops rendering. No error, no immediate crash. Just no movement, no change…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Media Encoder will not generate drop frame timecode.

1. If creating a preset from scratch, it is possible to "Set Start Timecode" to a DF (e.g. 01;00;0;00)...HOWEVER the output file will be NON drop frame starting at 00;59;56;11

2. A preset with DF "Set Start Timecode" of 01:00;00;00 will immediately be changed to NDF timecode starting at 00:59:56:12 when applied to source clip in queue, and can not be changed to DF 01;00;00;00 once applied.

3. In Preferences>Media, "Indeterminate Media Timebase" is always set to 29.97 Drop-Frame

I have tried several versions of Media Encoder:
    12.1.2 in Mac OSX 10.11.6
    13.0.1 in Mac OSX 10.13.6

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch Destination/Naming Settings

Very frustrating that it isn't possible to change the export folder/filenames in bulk.

Compressor has done this well for years, with the ability to create presets for common destinations and file naming structures.

Something like that would be super useful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Batch Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG!!! Prores limited to 60fps in Media Encoder 2020

Prores is limited to 60fps in Media encoder 2020. Must be corrected ASAP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mogrts processed as media offline in Premiere sequence when using Watch folder

I am trying to export a Premiere Pro sequence with mogrts using the Watch folder in Media Encoder. I've tried several solutions to get this to work, and the only way I have found it to work is if I place the mogrts in the root watch folder. This is a problem because the Media Encoder will recognize the mogrt files and process them in the queue, thus having them moved to the source folder once they have been exported.

Moving a project folder (e.g. PROJECT1) containing a Premiere project, raw material inside a subfolder (RAW) and the Motion Graphics…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Media encoder takes twice as long to encode a premier pro sequence than exporting it from premier pro directly

Adobe media encoder does not utilize my systems performance when encoding a premier pro sequence, thus taking a lot longer than it should.

When i export a sequence straight out of the premier pro software, the software utilizes all my recourses and takes about 45 mins to endode whereas AME takes 9 hours to encode that same sequence using about 20% CPU with spikes!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: stereo audio mixdown stripping channels

If I provide AME with file that contains 4 channels of audio, when it exports it to H.264 with a stereo audio channel, it strips out channels 3 and 4 instead of mixing them down into channels 1 and 2 as expected. The help file for Media Encoder says "If you choose fewer channels than are in the master track of a sequence or project, Adobe Media Encoder downmixes the audio"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Media Encoder faster!!!

Just make it faster. 22 h for a 6 min video is so so so so frustrating.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remember last outputfolder

When using AME as a render for AE, it's unpleasant to set the output folder for each queued item. A preference to make AME behave like AE (output to the previous set folder) would be nice and time saving.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AME 2020 fails on encoding 4K HEVC(H265), in AME 2019 it works fine

Today I repeatedly tried to encode a 4K HEVC(H265) file, and I got very quick fails with error code 7 (Out of Memory). Checked save locations, memory usage, disk cache, etc. Closed AME2020, reopened, etc.
    Then I reinstalled AME2019, and it worked like a charm.

So it's a new bug, I guess...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ExtendScript: Get a callback or something similar from Adobe Media Encoder when rendering in done

app.project.renderQueue.queueInAME(true); transfers the project from After Effects to Media Encoder to encode.
    The render time may vary depending upon the complexity of the render. The function queueInAME( ) returns nothing back.
    There is no way of Extend Script to know when the render task is done.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018

This is an observation of problems with AME 2018 exports after many hours of paintstaking work late at night to try to produce a H264 Based Blu Ray disc through Encore 6, but I suspect other authoring SW would have same issue.

I know Encore 6 is a legacy product and out of support - but AME version 2017 encoded H264 blu ray files which always worked fine.

There is also a thread on Encore Community Forums about this issue where other people have found same problem as well.

Today I see no way to produce a Blu Ray H264…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dynamic link and XMP

Make it more stable as it barely ever works for me constantly getting stuck on reading XMP or connecting to dynamic link BS, fix your stuff!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Render Queue  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Media Encoder Performance vs Premiere Pro

Please improve Media Encoder performance. Rendering via Premiere Pro takes on a specific project 1 Hour. Exporting via Media Encoder takes 3 - 5 Hours. Please fix this. I have searched the internet and there are many people experiencing bad performance in AME compared to Premiere Pro.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Interpret footage while exporting in Media Encoder

Some people prefere to change framerates without interpolation, so that no frames get duplicated or deleted. It would be nice if Media Encoder could offer this feature like premiere does on import

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let us batch change render settings, please!

Adobe media encoder sorely need the ability to batch change render setting presets on all videos selected.
    Example: Let's say I want to render 100 video from After Effects and send them to AME, then it chooses the last used render setting by default when loaded into AME. If I want to change I have to manually (!) add new render settings/preset to Every single of the 100 videos and then manually (!) delete the previous setting so I don't render each video two times. Also it automatically makes new names for the new video setting I added so I…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Presets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base