Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AAF Export ??

support AAF export in PPro silicon version (nothing in 22.2.0 beta)
    Impossible for us to send to studio mixing

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

A quick update from me, the product manager responsible for AAF. We are still working on making AAF work with Apple silicon Mac when Premiere Pro is running in native mode. I don't have a date to share yet but I will update this post as soon as I do. As a reminder, AAF export works when Premiere Pro is running using Rosetta. I do know how annoying that is, so it's definitely important for us to complete the work to make AAF native on Apple silicon. We're close. 

Regards,

Fergus

2. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  60 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug Issue: Premiere Pro 22.1.2 working with .mxf XAVC-I files

I've worked with these files fine in Premiere v15.4.1 and did not have this issue but since updating earlier this month to v22.1.2 I've had several issues with Premiere errors while editing and random crashes without warning or pinwheel of death.

Most common error is "Unable to access resource "SErrorXlND@2x'(type svg)" Attached screen shot below. Once this error occurs I almost always have to completely restart Premiere.

It also has made it nearly impossible to export a finished project from both Premiere and Media Encoder. When doing so it will hang up at some point in…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gradients for Strokes and Shadows

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!
    Thank…

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container stays as media pending after import and wrongly shows as 1280x540

We rendered a 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container out of DaVinci Resolve.

Upon trying to import it into Premiere Pro, the Project Panel metadata wrongly shows that clip as being 1280x540, even though VLC and DaVinci Resolve show it correctly as 960x540. After importing, the clip is stuck showing the "Media Pending" graphic and won't show that actual footage.

Rendering the same clip from DaVinci Resolve as 960x540 DNxHR LB in a QuickTime MOV container allows Premiere Pro to import the clip fine, show it correctly as 960x540, and show the footage just fine.

So this appears…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PP tells AME to overwrite files (again)!

Since the 22.3 update when I export a file that I need to overwrite and I send it to AME, AME doesn't overwrite the file like before, despite telling PP to 'Replace' the file. Even the 22.3.1 update didn't fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete.

Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete, such as in after effects by checking the "Notify when queue completes" checkbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

I'm a product manager in the video team at Adobe and I've recently become the product manager specifically responsible for formats. 

My apologies that we have not responded already to this post. ProRes RAW is definitely important to us - and, more specifically, the additional controls that are being ask for here. 

Raw support is very important to us, particularly as it becomes more common thanks to devices like the Ninja V and cameras that support it directly like the Nikon Z9. 

Currently, there are two raw formats ahead of ProRes RAW in terms of urgency for us to support better. I understand that might be frustrating to people eager for better ProRes RAW support but I want ensure you all that it's not a matter of indifference or neglect. 

While I don't have a date for improved ProRes RAW support that I'm willing to share at this…

12. Premiere stuck on 15% when draggin (some) .mogrt files on timeline

For me (and apparently some other users) PP gets stuck on 15% when draggin an Essential Graphics clip on my timeline. Tried uninstalling everything (including using the CC Cleaner Tool) and quite a few other things but I can't figure out what the problem is.
    NOTE: It's not on every .mogrt file. Only some "more complicated" that we did ourselves, the "simpler" ones we did work fine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, it looks like there is a fundamental breakage in AE 22.0/22.0.1 on Windows for Dynamic Linked Compositions and Mogrts that use the Cinema 4D renderer.
    One workaround at this point is to go back to the 2021 versions of AE, PPro and AME. You can also check out the latest beta versions of 22.1.1.
    The After Effects team is working on getting this fixed as quick as possible.

13. I think it would be 2 useful and simple functions. 1) remove inactive clips from timeline 2) bring all active clips in sequence to a singl

I think it would be 2 useful and simple functions.

1) remove inactive clips from timeline

2) bring all active clips in sequence to a single video track.

Just saying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

810 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

255 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is fixed in Premiere Pro (Beta) 14.6.0 Build x42 or later that is available in the Beta apps section of the Creative Cloud Desktop Application. This will be fixed in the next release of Premiere Pro as well.

16. Premiere Pro/After Effects crash on starup (all versions) reason found!!! easy fix!

Yesterday I started Premiere after a long time and faced a strange crash on Startup. At first I thought it's because of the Blackmagic RAW plug-in. At least it was the last thing Premiere Launcher showed on the Screen. After deleting the BM_RAW Plug-in, it kept hanging on other Plug-ins and dll's.
    Meanwhile, I had upgraded to a new Monitor and had another Graphics driver. So I started deleting, reinstalling and updating everything possible. I also used "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool", but unfortunately it didn't help to remove everything. I changed Monitor refresh rate, because I thought maybe Premiere can't handle 240Hz (BTW…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow import of settings/keyboard shortcuts/workspaces from v14 (2020 release) to v15 (2021 release)

I was just informed by Rohan on Adobe's support team that Premiere v15 (2021 release) cannot import settings such as customized keyboard shortcuts and workspaces from the previous v14.9 (2020 release). This seems like a huge oversight in Adobe’s development, if you cannot import from previous versions. Having to recreate settings wastes a lot of time for professionals using their software, and leaves me not using Adobe’s current releases.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the timecode effects

it's a simple effect, and yet for years it has been plagued with bugs, mainly the export doesn't match what we see in the timeline

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Metadata Burn-In

PPCC Beta: Metadata BurnIN: Would be really helpful to have a text field before each bite option to name/explain the timecode/data

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug - Opening Older Projects in 14.6.0

I'm having issues opening non-production projects in 14.6.0.

I have mainly been working with projects inside a production.

If I quit PPro and attempt to open an older (14.5?) project which is not a production, PPro just hangs.

If I open a production, close that production, and then (with PPro still running) open the projects in question ... they work.

Please resolve this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1