Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

44 results found

1. More Anamorphic Pixel Aspect Ratios please (1.5x, 1.6x & 1.8x)

With all these new Anamorphic lenses coming on to the market. We need more 'Common pixel aspect ratios' to choose from. In the Interpret Footage menu we can only choose 1,33x or 2x anamorphic. We need 1,5x 1,6x and 1,8 as well!

Can you guys please include this option in the next Update? This should not be to much of an issue to fix, but it safes us a lot of time! Now I constantly need to change the width and height of every clip on the timeline.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

We are currently working on improving support for footage shot on anamorphic lenses. The first step was to ensure that metadata in formats like ARRIRAW is getting read correctly by Premiere Pro - and that's in beta now - but we have more work to do to add additional lens squeeze factors, potentially adding a custom field for this. 

Regards,

Fergus

2. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear your frustrations about color management and we are working on multiple improvements. 

I recently posted a note on Alister Chapman's excellent xdcam-user.com forum, in response to a post he'd made about color management in Premiere Pro. 

While my response doesn't go into details on our long term plans, it describes what we're doing in the short term to make handling of log footage easier. 

Here's what I wrote:

Hi all,

I’m a product manager at Adobe, on the video team. I thought I’d chime in to provide some info on what we’re doing.

Color management is not going away – quite the opposite. As HDR-capable cameras and displays are becoming the default, and shooting in log or raw is becoming the norm, color management is critical. Gone are the days of only Rec709, the one color space to rule them all.

You might have seen reports about HDR…

3. Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits)

Cursor Frame Behavior (Affecting In Out, Ripple Edits).

Ok team, I know you had some guy complain about how the Cursor works in the timeline, and now you changed how it works, which completely screwed over the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit.

What WORKED before yesterday was if you were on the front of a clip in the timeline, and you hit the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit, it would remove the first frame and obviously move the entire timeline up a frame to compensate.

THIS WAS INSANELY HANDY because if you're trimming a clip, you could just hit that…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  63 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make 96khz Audio Export possible again.

I work for a company that creates learning videos for Instruments.
    Our integrated player has a slowmotion function. For that purpose we used to Export videos (.h264 mp4) with AAC audio in 96khz.
    That made the audio quality much more clearer when played in half time. One day this function wasn't available anymore since today. Also the newest update. Pleeease make this option possible again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AAF imported sequences not playing on Apple Silicon machines

ISSUE

Video Sequences imported from a linked AAF do not play back on Apple Silicon Macs. However, the same imported sequence/project plays back fine on Intel based Macs.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Export an AAF from Avid Media Composer (or DaVinci Resolve...the issue occurs with AAFs exported from both apps), using linked media, not embedded

2. Import the AAF into Premiere Pro (22.4) on an Apple Silicon Mac (launching Premiere in Rosetta 2 mode)

3. Park the playhead anywhere in the imported sequence. The frame under the playhead does not appear in the Program Monitor until after an inordinate amount of time (usually…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. shift + drag solo audio tracks

Shfit + Click and drag on solo button selects and deselects solos for each track dragged over. This allows you to solo say A5-A8 in one action instead of having to click the solo button for each track.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ryan, 

Boy, do I have good news for you!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/click-and-drag-to-select-multiple-track-targets-in-premiere-pro-beta/m-p/13171928#M6300

We were originally going to release this feature for just track targeting but based on feedback like yours, decided to keep working on it to add more capability. It will ship later this year but it's available now in beta if you'd like to try it out. 

Regards,

Fergus

8. Timecode bug with Sony FX3 and possibly FX6 footage

Premiere pro cannot detect the timecode embedded in Sony FX3 footage. This timecode is not audio timecode, but embedded timecode using their new dongle and a Diety TC-1 timecode box.

Davinci can detect and sync the timecode in seconds while adobe premiere has the timecode option for syncing grayed out.

Please implement the following changes:
    -Sync entire folders of footage using timecode even if a few clips are missing timecode (put clips with missing timecode at the start or end of the sync). Currently, the sync fails if any clip is missing timecode. Our b-roll does not have timecode and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Phillip, 

We are aware of this issue and have developed a fix for it. If you'd like to test it, it is in the beta of Premiere Pro - v23.1 - that is available in the Beta apps section of the Creative Cloud app. 

Also, I believe this only occurs when you choose to embed a LUT in the XAVC file. Perhaps not embedding the LUT would be a workaround for you. 

Regards,

Fergus

9. Could the Premiere Pro Developers Create A Massive Gap Removal Function?

Scenario:
    I'm editing a video that is a documentary-style film about someone's life. I have four interviews that are ranging from 15-40 minutes.

The application of the idea:
    I'm going through each interview and there are significant pauses between answers which makes playing through the edit more time-consuming. I've already trimmed big pauses out but there are still smaller pauses (5-8 seconds) that I'm going through.

Could the team create a function that would trim the video based on the volume level of the clip? So, any clip that didn't meet a certain threshold of decibels would be eliminated. Obviously,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Proxies for certain non-integer framerate media (CFR & VFR) cause massive playback issues

Creating and attaching ProRes proxies for media with certain framerates causes terrible/non responsive playback in CC 2022 and up. CC 2021 and older do not have any of these issues, even when attaching the same proxy files created in a newer version.

This seems universal for most variable framer rate media, for example VFR media sourced from web livestreams. But also certain CFR media such as 119.88 (120000/1001) fps XAVC S captured on a Sony A7s III.

Oddly enough interpreting the footage at the desired framerate seems to fix the issue. I attached a video showcasing the issue and the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement your beta features

For a long time now there have been features in your beta version that I would LOVE to see implemented in an update.

1: The metadata effect. This enables me to burn-in info other than clip name, clip TC etc.This effect enables the user to burn in any info from any column in the project window into an export. This is super valuable as the sound department loves seeing slate info burned in. Sidenote: the new metadata effect doesn't seem to work too well yet, so maybe sort that out first. When I try to burn-in the "scene" or "shot"…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug: 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container stays as media pending after import and wrongly shows as 1280x540

We rendered a 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container out of DaVinci Resolve.

Upon trying to import it into Premiere Pro, the Project Panel metadata wrongly shows that clip as being 1280x540, even though VLC and DaVinci Resolve show it correctly as 960x540. After importing, the clip is stuck showing the "Media Pending" graphic and won't show that actual footage.

Rendering the same clip from DaVinci Resolve as 960x540 DNxHR LB in a QuickTime MOV container allows Premiere Pro to import the clip fine, show it correctly as 960x540, and show the footage just fine.

So this appears…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Getting asked 3 times to confirm overwriting a file is overkill

Premiere version 22.5.0

I used an existing filename to overwrite an existing file and had to confirm that I wanted to overwrite it 3 times in three different popup windows. 3 TIMES??? Such a waste of my time. One confirmation is a great way to not accidentally overwrite a file. It used to be 2 and that was a little annoying, but now 3. I really don't understand.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PP tells AME to overwrite files (again)!

Since the 22.3 update when I export a file that I need to overwrite and I send it to AME, AME doesn't overwrite the file like before, despite telling PP to 'Replace' the file. Even the 22.3.1 update didn't fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  55 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MXF OP1a Strobing on Sequence in V22.5 Bug

MXF OP1a clips strobe when played on a suitable sequence in V22.5. The strobing appears to be a grey overlay on 4K clips shot in Rec 709 color space and is very bad. Rolled back to V22.4 and the issue is not present. Please issue a fix to this asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Aspect Ratio glitching when editing any text or Mogort on the timeline. M1 Max

Aspect Ratio glitching when editing any text or Mogort on the timeline. M1 Max. Sometimes freezing on the incorrect aspect ratio. Causing me to wait for it to pop back to normal, or restart the program.

Here is a video example: This can be replicated 100% of the time, so it's not a random happening. This also happened on my old 2017 iMac. It's been this way for over a year I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82V57RkuEs

My Setup:
    -2021 16-Inch Macbook Pro
    -M1 Max
    -64 GB RAM

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete.

Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete, such as in after effects by checking the "Notify when queue completes" checkbox.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

I'm a product manager in the video team at Adobe and I've recently become the product manager specifically responsible for formats. 

My apologies that we have not responded already to this post. ProRes RAW is definitely important to us - and, more specifically, the additional controls that are being ask for here. 

Raw support is very important to us, particularly as it becomes more common thanks to devices like the Ninja V and cameras that support it directly like the Nikon Z9. 

Currently, there are two raw formats ahead of ProRes RAW in terms of urgency for us to support better. I understand that might be frustrating to people eager for better ProRes RAW support but I want ensure you all that it's not a matter of indifference or neglect. 

While I don't have a date for improved ProRes RAW support that I'm willing to share at this…

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base