Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11,404 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2761 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

after looking into both technical viability and current market needs, it’s unfortunately become obvious that we’re not going to be able to act on this request in the near future.

I wanted thank everyone for the considerate and passionate discussion on this thread. This has been a great example of a meaningful conversation over a controversial subject that I don’t take for granted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Slower release schedule with more stable software

I would like to see a toned down release schedule with much fewer bugs going to release and much longer support for legacy project files (at least 3 years backwards compatibility) . It's very difficult to keep up in post production with so many buggy releases and project files becoming outdated so quickly.

254 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

As I’ve mentioned in the comments section, release schedule and stability are not linked in any way, but your point about quality concerns is well taken, and the same is true for version compatibility – which is potentially actionable for us, and you can vote for it here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34195036-please-stop-making-it-so-difficult-to-work-with-di

Thanks
    Patrick

3. Full program multi-threaded support

Premiere would benefit greatly from being able to actually utilize all CPU cores when exporting on a consistent basic.

87 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we hear you on the need for speed, I’ll close this particular request as it isn’t actionable as such. Here’s why:

As mentioned by some users here already, multi-threading is too broad an ask as sometimes your CPUs might not be all that busy as we’re pushing a lot of tasks to the GPU (which might outperform the best CPU in the world on anything you can do in parallel processing).

Sometimes the CPUs might not be super busy as a third party effect or plugin might be single threaded, and that’s slowing the entire process down.

Sometimes the CPU might be yawning because the file format is going through an SDK that isn’t multi-threaded.

It’s really for a lot of reasons why you might see your CPUs a little less busy than you’d like.

Doesn’t mean we’re not eager to improve performance. You can help us by making…

4. fix lumetri color crashing and random other crashing. my premiere is crashing constantly al lday and your customer service sucks!!!

fix lumetri color crashing and random other crashing. my premiere is crashing constantly al lday and your customer service sucks!!! premiere crashes at least 5 times a day from lumetri color, and crashes randomly with no crash report or anything in event viewer. ive never had this much trouble with premiere before please fix this!!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that you’re having a bad experience with the Lumetri Workflow and other areas of the application. Unfortunately, your feedback isn’t actionable for us without getting more specific detail on what’s causing trouble for you. Please come back and either look at other reports already on User Voice or enter a new bug report with steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
    Patrick

5. Create a beta testing community so the rest of us don't have to drown in bugs

I'm bored of this software being absolutely riddled with bugs now.
    Why don't you start testing features before releasing them?
    You do? Test them more.
    Or create a community of beta testers who are expecting bug-ridden software, and don't charge them the monthly subscription you're charging me.

1. Greyed out search filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHqF-BvelpUtgLESRFh5UXdJVCubs6M6/view

2. Unclickable clips in Audio panner view
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tw7WRJqijAHQ5XwEXNhFxFPBhA8g6OwG/view

3. Persistent filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_cx6tqeyqg64cLERhQjw7VddNkxMFdd/view

4. Vignette keyframe bug
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/12N3r91UgirEfE83JnUcxcCtXL3vIxqP8/view

5. Broken waveforms in source pane / timeline
      https://youtu.be/FG3DhxfocNQ

6. Crash moving 'brush position' in 'Write-on' effect
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1unpdY3ETWfSO9T4OJeUzY9bVgHuQhbxx/view

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this thread as this is in many ways non-actionable feedback.

For one thing, there’s a beta testing community, and it is large and active. Which addresses the subject line.

As for the bugs listed in the comments: it’s ideal to pick one topic and add detail to it (or vote on something that’s already described like is the case for all the bugs listed here).

On a general note: I appreciate the sentiment, and there’s already a plan in motion to shift towards more investment in stability and performance.

Bugs addressed with 12.1. and 12.1.1 are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

A 12.1.2 release is in the works and will address a large number of concerns raised here on user voice and on the forums.

As always, thanks for the candid feedback. Keep it coming.

Patrick

6. Stop adding new features and work on stability

I'm sure we all admire your enthusiasm for adding new features and abilities to PP. But it is all for nought if you don't start thinking about stability. Perhaps it's fine for you in sterile lab environments but out in the wild it's a problem and you're losing users left and right to other NLEs.

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

We hear you on the overall sentiment, though – please come back and either look at the other requests already filed and vote for them, or enter a specific request or bug report if it’s not on user voice yet.

Thanks
    Patrick

7. 36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hear you on the overall sentiment, though – please come back and either look at the other requests already filed and vote for them, or enter a specific request or bug report if it’s not on user voice yet.

Thanks
    Patrick

8. STOP PUBLISHING UPGRADES WITH BUGS

EVERY **** TIME YOU UPGRADE, SOMETHING BREAKS.

this time:
    1) PS Type 1 fonts don't work
    2) Can't relink files to clip references

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The multicam editing situation is a **** disaster

Shame on you for creating the latest multi-cam disaster! Audio channels get turned off and we have to move them from ch 1 to ch 2 then ch 3.

I'm a very experienced Producer/Editor and have NEVER SEEN A NIGHTMARE LIKE THIS.

The developers are second rate at best and if I wasn't forced to use Premiere Pro I would throw the entire into the garbage where it belongs.

I dare you to meet up wit qualified editors and actually listen to us.

If I was VP of tech, I'd get rid of the whole lot

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

while I’m always happy to take a beating if something goes wrong, I’ll ask you to think twice about what you just wrote here: do you truly believe that the issue you’re facing would justify calling an entire group of highly qualified and passionate engineers second rate?

They’re all on customer visits all the time, and it’s for good reason.

If you wanna help creating a better experience for everyone using the product, please come back and file your bug reports, and we’ll see what we can make actionable. But please shy away from broad and, frankly, wild accusations.

Patrick

10. Make Premiere Stable FIRST, Bring Joy Back to Editing.

I started using Premiere way back in version 5.0/5.1. I left Premiere for Avid in 2000 as it was a total pain to edit with and was not reliable at all. When I returned to using Premiere in 2012 I expected it would have improved stability, but that isn’t the case. Premiere today is plagued by constant bugs and inconstant performance between Macs and Pcs. I only use Premiere now because the place I work for mandates it. I do not use Premiere by choice, and should my manager ask I would strongly recommend moving away from Premiere. As an…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks
    Patrick

11. Work on stabilty!

Work on stability!!!
    I must rastart this app 10 times for hour!
    Great job!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I hear you on the desire to focus on quality, this kind of feedback is non-actionable for the team. Please come back with specific reports on issues you’re facing (or vote for the stability reports already on user voice if they apply to you).

Thanks
    Patrick

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We value ALL feedback, but there is nothing actionable for us here so I need to close this.

In case you missed my ‘how-to’ comment within: The Type Tool is in the toolbar, right under the hand tool. It looks like a “T”. Click in the Program Monitor (PM) with the Type Tool to add text. Use the Selection (arrow) Tool to reposition, rotate, scale or move its anchor point in the PM. Use the Essential Graphics panel for all other things.

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Several Features.

• Show in Source Monitor duplicate frames of a clip in timeline

• Warp Stabilizer and Speed to work in the same clip

• Save and auto-save in background without stoping with the editing.

• Solo video tracks

• Analize Warp Stabilizer when Rendering if needed or show a warning of the need to analize.

• Add a couple of recent used transition by right clicking in the edge of a clip. Also a search box for transitions in the same contextual menu.

• FX/Transition Timeline Search Box by pressing a key (Like Ctrl+Spacebar) of by default the shortcut Shift…

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this is a long list full of good ideas, I’ll have to close this request for the reasons already mentioned by Reg: a list isn’t actionable for us, it doesn’t help us to create priorities based on what most people want the most.

As the creator of this list seems to be no longer on the platform, it’s likely that individual requests won’t be entered unless YOU, the other 74 people who voted for the list, create individual items that you care about the most.

if you feel like all of them are equally important you’re kind of setting yourself up for becoming a beta tester moving forward. I’d be happy to discuss this opportunity with you – send me a private message if that’s the case.

Thank you
    Patrick

16. Make it stable

I'm tired of being a beta tester. Your software is not stable or reliable. I don't care about all of the new features you add. If it crashes constantly and major fundamental aspects of the software don't work, you new features don't matter.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make it work... plz

make your program work...

plz thx

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is CS6 I can't find a way to save a Dissolve or Film Dissolve custom preset. Much needeed.

In CS6 I can't find a way to save a Dissolve or Film Dissolve custom preset. Much needed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rent to Own?

I have been using Premiere since Version 2.0 and I have to say it has become a bit stagnant compared to some of its competition...For instance ..DaVinci resolve (which is free)...has been colour matching shots for a while....Offers exceptional node grading ...Face tracking with zit removal...skin cleaning etc.... Look at DaVinci and you will see why many are jumping ship

I would like to see a return to an owned version along side rental.. While rental works for many of your customers, it does not work for all and has made many move away.

Why dont you offer a rent…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base