Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

130 results found

1. Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

Premiere Pro crashes when autosave is performed while using text tools.

If autosave is performed while using the text tool...

・The text being converted will be reset and you will have to retype it.

・It crashes. (Crashes, freezes.)

Premiere Pro 22.2

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると、Premiere Proがクラッシュする。

テキストツールを使用中に自動保存が行われると・・・

・変換中のテキストがリセットされ、入力し直さなければならなくなる。

・クラッシュする。(フリーズする。)

Premiere Pro 22.2

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We believe this problem may have already been fixed in recent Beta builds. If possible, please use the latest Beta build of Pr 22.3 105 or higher and let us know if this crash is fixed for you or not. Thank you.

この不具合に関連した修正が最新のベータビルドに搭載されています。22.3 105以降のビルドでこの現象が改善される事があります。改善が見られない場合はお知らせ下さい。

2. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

4. Optimise Premiere for Sony FX6 cameras

Versions 22 (and now 23) struggles badly with footage from Sony FX6 camera. There are constant errors retrieving frames and frame substitution recursion. [see frame grab] This is on Mac Studio M1 Max, 32gb RAM, 2tb internal drive running Monterey 12.6. Premiere will hang for up to 15 seconds before playing or renewing the frame (eg after a small Lumetri adjustment or adjustment in the Motion tab and lots more). This is not something that happens in Davinci Resolve when I edit in that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere Degrades Quality of H.265 HEVC Footage With Non-GPU Accelerated Effects

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bug in how Premiere renders H.265/HEVC footage after applying certain effects. From what I can tell, if an effect is not natively GPU accelerated, the image will be degraded by color noise/artifacting and perhaps a color shift. It essentially looks the same as if using MPE Software Only.

Effects such as Warp Stabilizer don’t cause this, as I don’t think they are in the same processing pipeline, but I have found that the following do:
    Camera Blur
    Neat Video
    Color Balance
    Flicker Free (older non-GPU acceleration version)
    Luma Key
    Posterize Time

Out of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Premiere playback laggy with M1 Ultra Mac Studio

Upgraded to the M1 Ultra Mac Studio(20core CPU, 48core GPU, 32 Neural Engine, 64GB ram running OS 12.5) and am experiencing slow playback performance. The footage is 4k 420 10bit H.265

I've been working on my 2018 PC (i9, GTX 1080, 32GB ram). I've had the PC for 4 years and am used to the performance it has with this footage. Opened the same project on my new M1 Ultra Mac studio, that's 4 years newer, more than twice the price, and significantly faster/more spec'd out, yet my PC is handling the footage better.

I've spoken with Adobe Care on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the performance you should be. I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers and a particular area of focus for me is formats and performance.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the HEVC files you're using (e.g., what camera they are from, what wrapper - .mov, .mxf - they are in)? Even better would be to share a project and its media that you're seeing the issue with. 

I'd be happy to get on a call with you to discuss the issue you're seeing but let's start with some basics and go from there.

Regards,

Fergus

7. Issue/Bug - nVidia GPU largly ignored when rendering, previewing & creating proxies

In Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, 22.6.2 Build 2, my GPU is largly ignored and the main load put on the CPU. This is true for previewing, rendering and creating proxies with Media Encoder. This was not a problem a month ago. I've even tried different settings in Premiere, different export settings (see screenshots) and different drivers (game ready vs. studio drivers) and there is no difference.I've also searched Google up and down and tried every solution I found but to no avail. The GPU is largly ignored. This needs to be fixed as Premiere is practically unusable at the moment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MD5 checksum and modification date change constantly for Sony MP4 files

There appears to be a very serious issue with Sony MP4 files in both Premiere Pro 22.6.2 and 23.1.0 beta build 20. I have done tests with macOS Monterey. I don't know whether the same issues are present on Windows, but I expect Adobe QA engineers to figure this out, as they do a root cause analysis.

Simply switching from Premiere Pro to Finder in macOS and back, makes the MD5 checksum and modification date change. This breaks all concepts of data integrity, and is causing major issues for any media asset management system that use MD5 checksums to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the now depricated Title feature, I could simply select the line option and draw it. Very simple option which allows loads of freedom and

On the now depricated Title feature, I could simply select the line option and draw it. Very simple option which allows loads of freedom and drawing intricated and precise schematics.

Now, on essential graphics, you need to use the PEN tool which is horrific to use as the line drawer. You go weird breaks in the middle of longer lines, (z shaped), it is simply impossible to quickly add smaller lines to a main one. It is just and horrific idea.

Kindly add a Line option to Essential Graphics, which sould have been a basic and essential feature.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrolling text in Essential Graphics VERY SLOWLY EXPORT since many years, why ADOBE cannt fix it (both in CUDA and software render)?

Scrolling text in Essential Graphics exporting VERY VERY slowly on hi end pc RTX 3090 ryzen 5900x SSD 32 RAM both in Hardware and Software mode.
    This is happening many years, why adobe cannt fix it?
    By the way old scrolling text exporting momentally!!! If you removing old text form (which say every load of premiere pro), why you cannt fix SLOW EXPORT TEXT IN NEW ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS ???!!!
    Actually in render it 1 frame per second, utilizing 24 GB VRAM which is obvious BUG! Adobe, please, fix it
    Same theme in Adobe community from 2020 year: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/massive-slow-down-when-inputting-lots-of-text-into-essential-graphics-rolling-title/m-p/11095270

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New version 22.5 cannot import .mxf files. I had to downgrade to 22.4 again.

New version 22.5 cannot import .mxf files. I had to downgrade to 22.4 again. This needs a fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. h264/hevc exports still broken on Apple silicon (22.5)

When exporting to h264 and hevc, clips that are from a Sony cam and encoded H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Long GOP High Profile 4:2:0 Unconstrained Coding, rec 709, every 12th frame of the 23.97 source clip has flattened color, as if the color profile was deactivated just for that frame.
    But oddly, this does not affect clips from the same camera that were shot in the S-Log3 Cine color profile.
    Workaround: this problem does not occur if I export to ProRes instead.

macOS 12.4, M1 Ultra, Premiere Pro 22.5

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Constant errors on XMF files.

Please fix this, it's impossible to edit like this. As a professional i feel absolutely shocked.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it support mpv file types.

I couldn't make my video because the app won't let me use mpv clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Switching to da vinci

This is ridiculous. I cannot stand how poor this program runs now and it's been so inconvenient for my projects im switching to da vinci. I asked for help one time from adobe support and they suggested i download a previous version of premiere. Imagine that advice... our new update sucks so go use an old one. Sick and tired of this. Do better adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Every time you guys update the program, I lose all my saved presets and folders from before. Maybe not do that?

Every time you guys update the program, I lose all my saved presets and folders from before. Maybe not do that? It's extremely frustrating and I have to go find everything again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Aaf import from protools defaults to 29.97

When exporting a simple timeline from Avid Protools to Premiere everything works fine when working at 29.97 frame rate. The sequence opens and all linked wave files appear properly. However when working at 23.98 fps. The imported sequence shows 29.97fps. And as a result wave files do not link properly as the durations are incorrect. Also the timeline defaults to starting at time code zero and not what was in the original export.
    I have been able to work around by first importing these exact same aaf files into Davinci resolve - loads them just fine - and then re-exporting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can adobe read this codec : Linear PCM, Timecode, XAVC Intra codec. It's a codec from a sony fs7 that went through final cut.

When import within premiere you only have 4 layers of sounds, no video.

The only way I found to bypass this issue without losing too much quality was to transcode in apple pro res HQ within compressor. The only down with this method is that you lose the S or V log, which will be harder to colour grading down the line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?