Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Export Markers as .csv yields a TSV with a .csv extension

To reproduce:

1. Create a sequence with some markers.
    2. File > Export ... > Markers
    3. In the Export Markers dialog, choose File Type: Comma Separated Values (*.csv)
    4. Press OK.

Expected behavior: Premiere produces a CSV with a .csv extension.
    Actual behavior: Premiere produces a TSV with a .csv extension.

Tested in 12.1.2 and 13.0.3 on Mac OS X.

Impact is low because most people who need a CSV can just rename the file and use the TSV instead (once they figure out what's happening) but come on. This is embarrassing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Export Markers to CSV

Exporting markers to CSV only includes the first line of the description, it does not include the entire description of the marker. TXT and HTML work fine.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sequence Reports to excel or csv

I would love to be able to put out an excel or csv report with all the clips used in a sequence and the metadata i'd like to include from them. This would make usage reporting very simple and not require third party apps. Perhaps you could just license and intergrate Sequence clip reporter and make it OS agnostic?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CSV metadata import

I spend a few weeks every time I edit a feature generating new logging metadata, please let me import metadata from a spreadsheet, have a button built into the bins with a simple click I can import export clip metadata pleeeeaaaseeeee this is at the very core to editing and as it stands we have XMP that is of no use as it cannot import spreadsheet data. Thank You

Ideally I would want a universal protocol where all NLE can share same metadata for clips and software used by Script Sup and Cam dept.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import a csv with script supervisor notes

Would love to import a csv to set the script supervisor logs and good takes as you can do in Final cut
    I am also founder of Raccoder app for script supervisor and will love to makw any xml or file you need to ingest that metadata into project.
    You can write me in support@raccorderapp.com

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export custom metadata set as excel or csv file

Would like the ability to export either the current metadata view, or a custom set of metadata via an export window, into a spreadsheet. This feature is already ALMOST implemented with the Export > Avid Log Exchange function, but that option doesn't let you select which data elements are exported. The basic functionality seems to exist, just not a universally useful implementation.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If you use two-times the same MOGRT-Template in PrePro and change the CSV in one, it won`t change the values

I made a template for a diagram in AfterEffects and two CSV - one with 2-values (22,23) and one with 10-values (100,99,98,97,96...) - which i display via 10 text-layers. If a value is not given in the CSV the text-layer gets invisible.
    Now when i import the MOGRT to Premiere it works fine, with the first CSV with all 10 values displayed (PP displays 10 values with 100,99,98,97...)
    BUT when i import the same MOGRT-template a secound time into the same Premiere timeline and exchange the CSV of the MOGRTs with the CSV with only two values (22,23)... it displays…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apostrophe in a CSV does't appear in Essential Graphics Template

When using a CSV with an Essential Graphics Template, if there is an apostrophe (') in a row, not only will it not display in the rendered text, but it removed everything after the apostrophe in the row. For example :

Spreadsheet Row = "Under 15's tapdance"
    What is rendered in Premiere/After Effects = "Under 15"

I tried it with multiple fonts with the same issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a feature to export mulitiple clip-markers in one sequence in a batch to a text- or csv-file.

Add a feature to export mulitiple clip-markers in one sequence in a batch to a text- or csv-file. This now can only be done one marker by one marker. This feature will save a lot of time and trouble for many professional users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically generate markers based on BPM

Seriously this is such a critical feature that premier lacks.
    - User provides bpm, start/end points then markers are generated automatically, synced to the beat.

As of now users have to manually tap to add markers to the beat, which is not precise unless you zoom in and tweak everyone of those markers - a tedious task which could be easily automated.

p.s.
    Either that or please enable the function to import markers as a .csv file. Reason being, Audition has the ability to generate markers based on bpm automatically, it can also export those markers as .csv

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to export multiple clip markers

There needs to be a way to export multiple clip markers at the same time to one csv similar to how timeline/sequence markers can be exported.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. データ駆動型アニメーションにて

AEにてCSV/TSVでデータを作成し、Mogrtで書き出し、Premiere上で更新したCSV/TSVを参照させても、Mogrtファイルは更新されません。

CSV/TSVどちらでも作成してみましたが、結果は同じです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export markers for multiple clips to one file

Currently you can only export markers for one clip at a time. Create the ability to export markers for multiple clips at the same time. If I have a 100 clips in a project all containing markers I would like to be able to select all 100 clips, click export markers and have it create one large CSV or text file. You can create an extra column that contains the clip name.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Exporting the marker lists from the Markers Window as PDF File or Text File.

It will be great to have the option in the Marker window menu to export
    Seq Markers or Clip Markers as lists out of Premiere

Under File/ Export / Marker the user only has the ability to export his Sequence Markers not his Clip Markers as html, csv.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. cue sheets

Have you ever thought of a feature that would scan a timeline and generate an excel or csv of the tracks used and their total duration on the timeline? maybe it's already a feature, or has been suggested?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. VFX / GFX Tracking

Optimizing VFX / GFX shot handoffs with individual shot/plate exports (with the ability to add handles) while maintaining metadata and an ability to log the VFX /GFX shots directly in the UI (with the ability to export CSV or XML data).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere does not release memory used my expressions during export in Premiere Pro

As far as I can tell from my testing Premiere and Media Encoder do not release memory (RAM) used by expressions while exporting sequences with motion graphic templates in them.

I have a data (csv) controlling a mogrt. The csv contains is a list of captions, which should display at given time intervals.

The ram quickly grows from 3.5GB RAM for Premiere, while idling, to 30+GB RAM when exporting the video. My Mac computer luckily has 32GB of RAM so I can sustain this kind of an export if it's a short video. But this seems like a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Data driven video content for localised content via Excel or google docs

This concept goes on a idea developed by DataClay plugin for AE.
    This feature allows you to automate the processing of a timeline / comp by swapping dynamic graphics or video / still files ALL via a google docs sheet or a CSV excel file.

May I propose a system whereby you have creative timeline edit with graphics supplied as a video file or image file.
    you would create a template timeline containing placeholder material which can be swapped out and replaced all via a cell sheet.

This feature would help those who do repurposing / localisation of the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. My Ideal Speech-to-Text Transcription Workflow

This is about transcription speech to text workflow. Ideally, I would be able to transcribe a clip, not a sequence, and the transcription would live on the clip, not on a sequence, because I'm using transcription to have a script with which I can cut down a video, not using transcription to create captions for export.

So after I create a transcription for a clip, and apply it as subtitles to the clip, either I would like to be able to export the subtitles to a csv file like I can do with markers, which would include both the subtitle…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base