Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Captions

Some tweaks to new captions workflow:

Auto move end point of captions to just before next caption (fill the gaps).

Being able to add transitions.. or being able convert captions into text assets so transitions can be added

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Transition Dissolve on Captions

I would like to request the ability to add a dissolve transition in/out of my captions layer like we were able to in versions prior to 15.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Several bugs with captions in Premiere Pro; AME won't render captions

Captions are very difficult to work with in PP. Why can I not change the format of all captions at once? I have to click each individual caption to change the format. I also wish captions had import settings, they default to 10000fps/SD size when importing into an HD project. Media Encoder just doesn't want to render open captions even when "burn captions" is selected. Bugs wise, all kinds of problems, for example, captions are not updated to reflect new styles applied or changes to the text. Captions on different tracks not appearing when track is made visible, etc.…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make us be able to animate captions

so there's the new captions workspace which makes making captions a lot easier but you can't add transitions and effects and stuff to those captions and you can't animate them either so I think being able to add transitions and effects and being able to animate the text in effect controls would make the new caption thing a lot better.
    also please add a speech to text thing it would make life a lot easier. I know speech to text is still in beta testing but it seems to work pretty great from what I've seen from youtube videos (I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Centering Captions

Open Captions. Cannot center certain captions. The X function will not change. Y option is fine. Even attempting to chang the Left Right Center button does nothing.

This needs to be fixed.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Captions

Captions run beyond the out point into the clear timeline. Very annoying.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Always keep captions visible in the Captions window

When working on captions, deselecting the captions clip in the Timeline (or selecting any other clip) makes all of the captions disappear from the Captions window. An empty Captions window is of zero benefit to editors and is an annoyance since it gives editors the added step of having to re-select the captions clip in the Timeline before they can continue to work on captioning.

My suggested solution is simple. Please always keep captions visible in the Captions window, whether the captions clip is currently selected in the Timeline or not. If the Timeline has 2 or more captions

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Applying transitions to the caption track.

Sometimes it's tidier for the captions to dissolve on rather than just cut on for when subtitles are needing to be burnt in on a video.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. remove multiple transitions

There should be an option to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improved Captions Editing

Please improve captions editing by allowing us to copy/paste, selecting and moving multiple captions at once, easily create caption clips that can be inserted in the middle of a scene, etc. The caption features in Premiere are extremely limited and it's very time consuming to get captions the way I want them, especially if I need to make an edit in the middle of my timeline and now have to move potentially move hundreds of captions one-by-one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improved Closed Captions Settings

COPY/DUPLICATE A CAPTION - It would be a lot convenient to be able to copy or duplicate a sentence or a line in a closed caption item inside of itself. This will save a lot of time when we're making a lyrics caption where chorus and some verse have the same words.

CAPTION LENGTH OPTION - Most of the captions or sentences I add in my closed captions takes a long time to be read. I wish there is a way to just change the default length of a caption when you click the add a caption button. This will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update your Transitions Adobe!

I've been using Premiere since 2000 and THE TRANSITIONS HAVE NOT CHANGED.

FCPX is whipping Premiere's butt in this category and I see no reason why Adobe hasn't even touched them except to add VR transitions.

My only theory is that Adobe is moonlighting/partnering with filmimpact.net which is the only company offering transition plugins that actually work in Premiere as transitions rather than presets. Of course it is also a paid for subscription. Seriously Adobe? We have to pay to get a transition with easing options?

Who in 2020 is using "paint splatter" and "pinwheel"?

Please update this, I…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. captions bug with styles while adding multiple captions

Hello. I think it's a bug in premiere, can't explain it otherwise.
    The problem is in captions window. I use File-New-Captions-Open Captions-Square Pixels. Then I start adding captins using Captions window and "+" Button. For the firt 3-4 pieces styling works fine, style of captions looks mire oe less the same (black bacground, positioning), I just need to adjust size. But when I push + Button for the 3-4 time suddenly black backgrpund is not there anymore and I can not turn it on. "Backgound color" button does not show anything.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. trim captions

Make it possible to add captions to the trim-selection. Now when in a timeline with captions, the captions will block the use of trim-mode because they can't be part of the trim-selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Captions Not Updating

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This one is about captions not updating.

This isn't something that happens every time, but it happens almost every time. Basically, captions don't update.

This might be when changing font details, like type, size, colour, etc, but also when changing the content of the caption, or its timing, or its placement. So, the problems are kind of across the board.

It should be noted that I'm referring to Open Captions, with a sequence appropriate frame rate, and resolution. This applies to imported .SRT files, and captions created directly…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Transitions In to Out like Avid

After you Mark In & Out you use the command "Add Transitions In to Out". You get the options: duration (its not necessary to go to preferences), start, end, centre or custom position of your transitions. Extra Checkbox "don't change exitsting transitions". With a folder of transition templates (in Avid "Quick Transitions") you could see all your templates & select the right one for "Add Transitions In to Out"

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base