Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. BUG: Batch update metadata get stuck on the first batch

I was so happy that batch updating metadata was fixed with v13 and now its so much faster (awesome) but now surprise surprise another major bug has been introduced!

Select multiple clips
    Update the metadata using the Metadata panel
    Deselect those clips
    The Metadata panel still says "Multiple selected"
    Select a clip in the Project panel, Metadata panel still says "multiple selected"
    Change a value in the metadata panel - the original batch of clips have their value changed, even though they are not selected anymore.

The only way I seem to be able to clear the select in the …

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Entering XMP Metadata in batches causes crash

Entering XMP Metadata into multiple clips at once with Premiere Pro (Clip and File Metadata linking turned on) causes it to crash with a "Serious Error has Occured" message. This crash happens often specifically when I add metadata at a file level with linking on rather than at the clip level with linking on.

I also note that when adding metadata to multiple clips (at Clip Level with XMP linking turned on), each successive metadata write in the batch seems to take twice as long as the previous write - leading to exponential increases in total write time as more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch change Tape name Metadata

In professional workflows it is essential to have coherent metadata. Tape name is one such important metadata field. Very often we need to copy the filenames or parts of filenames into the tape name category. Right now there is no option to batch copy filenames into the tape name field. It would great to be able to select all clips in a bin, copy the names, select the tape name column and paste the contents into it. Thx

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Batch edit Metadata fails

I want to batch edit multiple shots at the same time. Say 10 shots are all in the same scene, I select them in the Projects panel, move to the Metadata panel, enter a scene name, but only the first two selected shots show the change.

That was not the case before. Please fix.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add batch changes of specific RED metadata.

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space of my footage without affecting individual ISO settings or white balance. This is vital for using LUTs!

There is also no way to batch reload RMD settings for the footage in my project. Using another program to tweak metadata becomes unviable.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. metadata

Metadata templates similar to Bridge or Lightroom or Photoshop need to be integrated in Premiere and Prelude. Right now, this must be done on a clip by clip basis in Premiere and is limited in Prelude as far as how much data can be included in a template. In premiere you cannot batch metadata for group of clips. Please allow batch changes for metadata to clips.

When a clip is nested in the timeline all the metadata that was in the source clip disappears. Please make it so metadata is read from source clip at minimum then can be changed…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to batch change specific RED metadata

I'm sharing this idea from another user, Niko Pueringer (thank you, Nick!), as there's no need to rewrite this. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find that several users are in dire need of this feature...

From Nick's Post:

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Batch save metadata changes for RED footage.

Throughout a project I make a lot of tweaks to the raw settings of our R3D footage. An ISO tweak there, a white balance fix here...

When I'm all done I have to click "Save To RMD" individually shot-by-shot if I want other programs to see these changes (including After Effects!). I would love to have a way to just batch save the metadata changes of all my clips in one action.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve interaction with RED metadata.

Please let us:

1. Batch reload RMDs for each clip.
    2. Batch save each clip's RMD.

This would greatly improve translating your settings between programs. Doing this clip-by-clip is a huge time sink.

3. Allow us to batch change a metadata setting while PRESERVING all the others.

Imagine I want to change the gamma space of my footage without messing up my individual temperature settings.

These features are essential to good coloring workflow inside Premiere.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. METADATA

BUG. ADDING NEW metadata to multiple clips seems to erase old one. the previous version at least gave a warning that there were multiple values. the new version doesn't say anything thus metadata info can be lost

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ingest camera metadata

Has anyone ever seen camera metadata in Premiere from non-raw footage?

Almost any camera today records metadata like model, serial no., ISO, white balance, etc. Premiere has had an extensive metadata system for over 5 years... and you'd think that developing codec support for any cameras that come out would include interpreting those metadata fields.
    It's one of those "how come this hasn't been implemented 5 years ago?"...

I worked mostly with Sony and Canon cameras, so they're the ones I've seen without metadata.

This feature request would cover
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34710376-read-acquisition-metadata-for-clips-from-sony-came
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34200172-fs-7-metadata

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CSV metadata import

I spend a few weeks every time I edit a feature generating new logging metadata, please let me import metadata from a spreadsheet, have a button built into the bins with a simple click I can import export clip metadata pleeeeaaaseeeee this is at the very core to editing and as it stands we have XMP that is of no use as it cannot import spreadsheet data. Thank You

Ideally I would want a universal protocol where all NLE can share same metadata for clips and software used by Script Sup and Cam dept.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. FS-7 metadata

Please import all the FS-7 metadata

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto size metadata columns

It would be nice to right click the metadata header and select "autosize" to remove unused text field space in metadata columns in the current bin.

It should shrink the column width to the longest text field

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. metadata crash

Entering metadata keeps causing Premiere to crash. Namely, in the Keyword slot. It seems to happen more when I alter existing metadata, as opposed to entering it for the first time.

This would count as a major problem for me, as I rely on keywords to navigate huge amounts of footage efficiently – the bin system simply isn't sufficient.

I'm using v 12.1.2 on a 2017 macbook pro with macOS 13.6

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hard to see Location-metadata.

Hard to see Location-metadata.
    I want more contrast

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show sound metadata info in clip

Hi there // I've got .wav files with multiple channels and no sound documentation. In Premiere Pro, there is no metadata visible in the timeline clips. In Davinci Resolve, there is sound metadata information visible. It would be great if I didn't have to open another piece of software for this information to be visible.

Oddly, the inherent metadata information doesn't show up in the Metadata panel either... Again, I'm compelled to open Davinci Resolve to obtain this information. Please add to future versions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to enter/change metadata in Freeform view

When you've selected certain metadata to be displayed in FreeForm view, it would be great to be able to edit the metadata directly in that window without having to go back to the metadata window or having to load the clip into the source monitor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. find and replace metadata

I would like to be able to search for and replace name of clips and other metadata in the assembly pannel.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Read Acquisition Metadata for clips from Sony cameras

Sony cameras store things like color gamma in a section of metadata called "Acquisition Metadata." This info does not show up anywhere in Premiere's metadata display. Please read in this info and make it available. It is very time consuming to have to look it up for each clip in Sony's Catalyst Browse software.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base