Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• or

2976 results found

1. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. why do Proxy files duplicate audio track 1 on audio track 2?

why do Proxy files duplicate audio track 1 on audio track 2?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have been waiting for support for over 1 hour. horrible support.

I have been waiting for support for over 1 hour. horrible support.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve AutoReframe to utilize the entire footage's frame-size

We constantly find ourselves shooting 4:3 or 3:2 (opengate) for projects where we need to deliver in both 16:9/17:9 ratios and 1:1 square or 16:9 vertical ratios. It would be awesome if auto reframe can utilize the additional information, not just moving the 16:9 edit around.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1. Generating Peak File for "XYZ.zxy" Why it's not recorded to a file where Project is located? Opening big project for example from USB 3.

1. Generating Peak File for "XYZ.zxy"

Why it's not recorded to a file where Project is located?
    Opening big project for example from USB 3.0 SSD drive takes ages. And when is need to switch computer to another, Premiere Pro needs to Generate it again... and still AGES.
    Solution is VERY NEED

1. Graphic files or any other with "blank" audio.

The audio file is present, but it's blank. It's no problem cause sound is transparent. But if you forget, to remove it from timeline, and put some audio filters on it all the sound during the "blank" one will disapear after…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  234 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug Report: Premiere Pro 22.1.1 compatibility issues with Red Giant Universe 5.0.1 - Error Universe Runtime

Universe 5.0.1 seems to have an issue with the new Premiere Pro 22.1.1 Update. Premiere doesn't seem to be able to load the .aex-files. It massively slows down the startup of Premiere. You need to accept an error message ("Error connecting to Universe runtime. Please reinstall Universe.") for every Universe effect that is not loading, meaning 93 clicks are necessary to open up Premiere. The same problem occurs within a Premiere-Project, when trying to apply a Universe-effect; plus, in some cases, it causes Premiere or my PC to crash.
    Reinstalling either Premiere Pro or Universe does not fix the problem.…

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New version 22.5 - proxies are rapidly blinking on an off

When I updated to the new version of Premiere (22.5) suddenly my playback starts blinking between the raw version and the proxy version. I just downgraded to 22.4 and it's fine again. Please help!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In 3 lumetri Color > Color wheel & Match : Pleas Add control by Value & Copy And Paste

In 3 lumetri Color > Color wheel & Match : Pleas Add control by Value means let us add numbers the 3 sliders
    and color wheels

also add copy and paste feature
    Thanks
    Ali Naser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: Timeline search stuck in a loop

For example:

1. Search the timeline for a clip name, of which there are 7 instances. I'm using Cmd+F and consecutively Cmd+G.
    2. Premiere will find instances #1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4... etc.
    3. If I select a clip beyond #4 and press Cmd+G, it will "get unstuck" and find 5, 6, and 7.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BUG PPro v13: No audio on project open (2-3 restarts required)

On newly created projects, Premiere will not play audio unless you restart the app 2-3 times.

I've got this problem since PPro v12 (cc 2018) and still has not been fixed by Adobe.

Oh.. and before someone ask if I cleared my media cache files:

The only thing I haven't done is literally buy a new computer and try installing Premiere there!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear your frustrations about color management and we are working on multiple improvements. 

I recently posted a note on Alister Chapman's excellent xdcam-user.com forum, in response to a post he'd made about color management in Premiere Pro. 

While my response doesn't go into details on our long term plans, it describes what we're doing in the short term to make handling of log footage easier. 

Here's what I wrote:

Hi all,

I’m a product manager at Adobe, on the video team. I thought I’d chime in to provide some info on what we’re doing.

Color management is not going away – quite the opposite. As HDR-capable cameras and displays are becoming the default, and shooting in log or raw is becoming the norm, color management is critical. Gone are the days of only Rec709, the one color space to rule them all.

You might have seen reports about HDR…

13. "Track Mask forward 1 frame" Holding Left Click Idea

Hold left-Click on "Track Mask forward 1 frame" button will keep tracking till left-click hold released.

I know autotrack available, it will track the whole track and when an object cover the track point it will be a mess!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix CinemaDNG Red Channel Problem Sony FS7

I recently filmed a short using the Sony FS7 RAW output to the Odyssey 7Q+ and all the footage leans towards the red channel whether I apply the proper LUT or not Even when viewing the footage without color correction, the red channel is often amplified. I guess DJI RAW had a similar problem.

I've attached a screenshot of the uncorrected footage and the waveform. There isn't any red in this frame, except for maybe my actor's lips, but you can see the red channel stands well above the others.

Is there any way to correct for this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Slower release schedule with more stable software

I would like to see a toned down release schedule with much fewer bugs going to release and much longer support for legacy project files (at least 3 years backwards compatibility) . It's very difficult to keep up in post production with so many buggy releases and project files becoming outdated so quickly.

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

As I’ve mentioned in the comments section, release schedule and stability are not linked in any way, but your point about quality concerns is well taken, and the same is true for version compatibility – which is potentially actionable for us, and you can vote for it here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34195036-please-stop-making-it-so-difficult-to-work-with-di

Thanks
    Patrick

16. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Shortcuts not working with Step Forward or Backward 1 Frame Source Monitor

I have the following commands set in my keyboard shortcuts

Step Forward 1 Frame: Shift+R
    Step Forward Many Frames: R
    Step Backward 1 Frame: Shift+E
    Step Backward Many Frames: E

In the Timeline Panel these shortcuts work as expected, however in the source monitor, both R and Shift+R step forward many (5) frames, and both E and Shift+E step backward many (5) frames.

If I switch the commands to shift being many and E/R being one frame the shortcuts work as expected. If I switch to Ctrl=E/R the shortcuts work as expected.

This has occurred on two separate workstations, one…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Canon C200 Playback

The CRM files do not play back smoothly in the timeline, no matter what resolution you drop to there is always stuttering and a delayed response with both the video and audio. This is definitely not a hardware issue as the same files can be played back smoothly with absolutely no issues in Canon's Cinema Raw Development program and Davinci resolve.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Linking video clip to 2 audio clips

Right now you can link a video clip to 1 audio clip (like right click, slesct "Link", not linking media), but it would be helpful if you could link 1 video clip to 2 audio clips for times when you are using 2 mics. It's annoying having to highlight the 3 clips every time you want to move them together,

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why is my footage cut to 1 second when it is 37 minutes?

why when I import footage that is 37 minutes into premiere pro cc 2018, it cuts my footage into 1 second (a single frame) and it is still one second in the source manager but when I watch the video on my pc it is still 37 minutes?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base