Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Exporting Using Markers

I often work on sequences that have multiple sections of video that need to be exported individually. It would be incredibly useful to export or even batch export using my marker points that already exist rather than having to go through and mark in and out points one at a time.

The file I have attached shows a project I'm currently working on. This project has multiple courses. Each sequence contains a different course and each marker needs to be exported as separate videos.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Master Clip Effects: please add ENABLE, DELETE, select Effect affected, apply to BINs

Workflow saver for batch Master Effects application on multiple clips in bins: if I can add a master effect, I would like to be able to remove it. If I can disable a master effect, I'd also like to enable it. I'd like to be able to choose which Effects to affect and also apply Effects to Bins, i.e. all clips within a bin. Ideally with shortcuts.

Thank you for all your ingenious work! Really love the Creative Suite and thanks for listening to users! Happy coding ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Premiere to rename a source file

Final Cut Pro used to have this as an option to either match the name of the clip in the project to match the filename or to force Finder to rename the file based on what you called it in the clip.

I realize this is a BAD BAD BAD idea for many users, however, for seasoned pro's this is useful when dealing with poorly managed DIT work specifically with sound rolls, and renaming for organizational purposes does not break metadata the way it can with cam rolls. Perhaps this is an advanced option that users can toggle, and by…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding Markers at high speed playback breaks Adobe Player

I get the "A low-level exception has occured in: Adobe PLayer (Player:11)" error consistently when playing back my footage at a higher speed while placing markers with the M shortcut. I then get the error and have to restart Premiere, and get a "Metadata writing in progress.. if you quit data will be lost" prompt, before I can complete the restart.

It'll place the markers the first few times then start to chug, then just crash the player.

Media: h264, 1080p, 11 gigs in size
    Premiere Version 14.0.0 (Build 572)
    I have about 64 gigs of ram on a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create Proxy Jobs in background?

Much like we need background rendering, it would also be nice to have the "Creating proxies" process happen in the background. Right now, if I'm creating a large batch of proxies, I have to wait for up to 20 minutes at a time while the "Creating Proxy Jobs" dialog box stops me from working. Kind of a waste of time, since I don't think it should be using ALL the processing power of the program just to create proxy jobs for Media Encoder. It would be great if I could actually do some work while this is happening.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drag clips from sequence into media encoder

Currently there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence while keeping any changes/effects that were made in the Effects Control panel window.

It would be great to simply drag and select all of the clips in a premiere pro sequence, then drag them into Media Encoder, or open them in Media encoder so that they all show up as individual clips to export.

This would be a great way to batch export clips WITH effects and changes for social media re-purposing, after using the new ReFrame feature in Premiere Pro. (from going from 16:9 Horizontal…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Overhaul MARKER panel/functions

In Doc work, I have my Markers panel open at the right hand side of my project at all times. But functionality is limited.

• METADATA logging is key to large projects, so I'd love to see the ability to mark blocks of a clip not just the In point.

• I'd also like to have customisable options such as a slider drag like in any other bin - to increase or decrease the marker thumbnail. This makes it easier to scrub through my markers visually not just reading the text.

• Text: please allow the text boxes to increase vertically so we…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Overhaul MARKER panel/functions

In Doc work, I have my Markers panel open at the right hand side of my project at all times. But functionality is limited.

• METADATA logging is key to large projects, so I'd love to see the ability to mark blocks of a clip not just the In point.

• I'd also like to have customisable options such as a slider drag like in any other bin - to increase or decrease the marker thumbnail. This makes it easier to scrub through my markers visually not just reading the text.

• Text: please allow the text boxes to increase vertically so we…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scale to frame size

The Default Media Scaling option should apply when you use a clip in a sequence, not when you import. That is when it matters, and often your preference changes based on what you're editing, not what you're importing. Premiere used to have an option to select a batch of imported clips and change that preference using Clip > Video Options, but under 12.1.0, that option has become grayed out, and I am stuck individually changing footage to Scale to Frame Size every time I cut a clip into my sequence. (Deleting and re-importing with the correct setting is not an…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add capability to DEHAZE in PP. Also, add the capability to create a video file from a series of tiff files.

Currently, PP allows exporting a video file to a series of tiff files, one per frame. As suggested on another website, one can take these tiff files into LightRoom and batch DEHAZE them using SYNCH. I tried this and it works fine. However, there is NO MECHANISM to put the tiff files back into a normal workable video file. This is very frustrating: When it is so easy to break up a video file via PP, why is it not as easy to put it back in a similar way?
    Summarizing my requested suggestions:
    1) ALLOW A DEHAZE OPTION IN…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for a type of Marker created in After Effects to come over into Premiere

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to set markers within my After Effects Comp and have them move into Premiere.

Why is this feature important to you?
    This would be very handy because the Animator could add markers indicating various notes, comments, or key points within an animation.  The Editor would then be able to find these points very easily.  I would imagine that this should be fairly easy for you guys to incorporate into Dynamic Linking, but it would be really great if the information could get embedded into the metadata

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Relink Great Again

I jest. Relink has never been great. Sometimes folder structures are not respected. Sometimes premiere is convinced a file is not what file I tell it is. I don't even know how to relink a proxy vs a full rez clip.

Can we not just start giving a clip a unique 15-character alphanumeric ID upon import, write it to metadata, and stop worrying about filenames, extensions, foler structures, etc, and just MAKE RELINK WORK? I want to be able to point a project to a folder and say "it's all there, please figure it out" and have it work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user to either change default Source Range in Media Encoder, or change Source Range on multiple files.

I had to break apart a number of clips into smaller 2 second clips for a project. The total number of 2 second clips is over 900. I wanted a quick way of exporting them, so I dragged the clips back into the Project Browser in Premiere, and then batch exported them. So far, so good. Unfortunately, now because it automatically sets to render the whole clip all of these smaller clips just render out as the whole clip. I can't change all of the files at once and I can't set a preset. I have to go through clip…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto Reframe (feedback)

Great new feature but want to suggest some things to improve it in the future.

Auto Reframe Sequence needs a batch option so with one click it makes a sequence for each aspect ratio.

Also would be beneficial to have the option to set or sync your original 16:9 sequence as a master so that when you have to re-edit or "tweak" the linked sequences (1:1, 9:16) automatically re run the Auto Reframe.

Also the default naming should be customizable as windows hates/won't allow you to make files with ":" in the name so you have to rename your sequences…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please fix the Submix Bug

In the latest Premiere Version 12.1.1 when we duplicate a sequence, the submixes are being duplicated as well- but they are not working/applied. But they are marked as active. Workaround is to delete the FX in the Audio Mixer and then apply it back in.

Same problem if i send sequences to Media Encoder (12.1.1.12). The FX from the Submix is not applied. I already turned off and on native sequence import, which fixed the problem once. But i've had the same problem again later. Workaround is to directly export from Premiere pro.

This is so frustrating as we had…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort alphabetically within User Order on import

Currently, if you have a folder sorted by User Order and you batch import (shift-click to select), say, media1.xyz, media2.xyz, media3.xyx and media4.xyx, they won't appear in alphabetical order. They'll be in some wacky, seemingly random order like media2, media4, media3, media1 at the bottom of the folder. It's not even reverse order. It's scattershot.

If i import media1-4, then those items should appear at the bottom of a User Order-sorted list alphabetically within that set.

(i realize i can sort the folder alphabetically by Name - that's not what i'm requesting here. i'm asking that when i import sequentially…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it so we don't have to constantly restart the program just to get features to start working again.

I am constantly discovering that to get something that I know should work because I've used it before or I looked it up and have been told that it works to work I have to restart PP. Features should not just stop working in the middle of an edit so you have to restart and wait for all the thousands of files to reload.

Here's one thing that DIDN'T start working again: clicking the arrow in the "video usage" metadata column to have a list of where that clip was used show up. I discovered that that was a thing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please allow search bins to function the way normal media does

Hi guys,

I'm noticing that the search bins are lacking a bit of continuity in regards to the way a normal clip performs inside of the project window. Certain commands are unable to be used with items inside the search bin which complicates things when trying to adjust clip needs from within. For example, when you right click on an item from with in the search bin, all of the commands you would usually be able to use are grayed out. You have to reveal in project and go find the clip or batch of clips to make changes to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to set default Export settings

I've been editing a TV Series, and previously I've been able to Mark "In" and "Out" in a sequence and it automatically rendered where I marked it. Now I have to remember every single time to click the drop down menu to only render where I marked In and Out, or it will render the entire Work Area. What is the purpose of marking In and Out points if it's not a quick way to export video within those points? We have to render out 4 parts per half-hour show individually, and I've already had several clips kicked back because…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dynamic link folders and naming schemes

In certain circumstances projects require massive amounts of dynamically linked compositions. For example I am currently working on a serious of talking heads in front of a green screen for a social media campaign with 100+ short clips.

When sending the clips over for keying and animation I have to manually rename all of them to identify which of the named sequences they are from and manually sort them into bins inside of After Effects. This workflow could be much improved:

1) Add a comp naming dialog when selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition." At the very least options for…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base