Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - cannot move files into bins

In Premiere Pro 14.5 it's impossible to move things into bins. It's also impossible to drag files from the media browser into bins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Universal shortcuts

It makes sense for some keyboard shortcuts to have effect only when a particular pane has focus.

Others should have universal (or near universal) effect.

Timeline zoom in/out should be active all the time - regardless of which pane might have focus - FCP7 has a special pair of keys - Avids timeline zoom is universal

The comparison shortcut only has effect when program monitor has focus. Very annoying, should be universal - especially from lumetri and timeline panels.

Mark clip is universal - which is annoying as it should depend on source/program selection (like mark in/out clear in/out)

Add…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API to determine if a timeline clip has "Scale to Frame Size" enabled

Currently, there is no way for a CEP panel to know if "Scale to Frame Size" is enabled, which means that it's missing crucial information about clip transformations that is highly relevant if the panel needs to adjust position or scale or, indeed, know anything about the dimensions of the clip.

Per a discussion on the forums, it is unlikely this will be added before UXP. This is a request to be sure to add this capability to UXP, but also, that it should be considered a critical enough omission in the Extendscript/CEP architecture that it be added there as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyframe animation on clips that have time/speed manipulation

Once you changed the speed of a clip you are no longer able to animate any other effects onto that clip, only static effects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The possibility to work on multiple audio keyframes on different tracks at the same time

Building „ramps“ with keyframes for audio you often want to do this on multiple audio tracks, Premiere doesn’t support this so you have to adjust the keyframes on every track seperately.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sub sequences lose track keyframes

When creating a sub sequence from a master sequence the newly created sequence loses the track keyframes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Version 14.7 Label Colors not showing up in project panel

This has been an issue since 14.6 and was heavily discussed in the forums. Extremely frustrating that this wasn't fixed in 14.7. The only way to show the label colors is in Freeform view. List/thumbnail views do not work. This is a very important process in my editing workflow, and I know a lot of other editors feel the same way. Until this is fixed I will be staying with 14.5

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Label colours still not working

Label colours still doesn't work in the project window. It was broken in 14.6, but sadly not fixed in 14.7. I'm looking forward to 14.8.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [BUG] Audio transitions sound like static (ver 14.5)

I use a 2-frame audio transition (usually Constant Power) to smooth out my audio between cuts. Lately no matter which transition I use, audio static (buzzing) is introduced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. enable ProRes RAW files have individual exposure adjustment

Due to ProRes RAW being limited within the MAster Settings tab for adjustment, when duplicating files to create a layer or otherwise, the exposure adjustment remains and can not be changed without affecting the original file as well. would be great if when creating a duplicate there can be a toggle to link or unlink files to have individual adjustment to the exposure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When Alt-clicking a clip, ALWAYS select just the video or audio

I LOVE the Alt keyboard modifier that allows us to select just the video or audio portion of a clip in the Timeline. However, if a clip with linked audio is already selected in the Timeline, Alt-clicking it doesn't do anything. Both parts remain selected.

Even after years of using Pr, I still find myself unsuccessfully trying to select just the audio or video portion of a clip that's already selected in the Timeline by mistake.

To avoid mistakes like these, and to eliminate the extra step of having to deselect a clip first, it would be so nice if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Premiere Pro Speech-to-Text

Hi !
    1/ Dommage, on ne peut récupérer la totalité du texte d’un seul coup (copier/coller l’ensemble), une fois qu'il est transcrit...
    2/ Lors de la fusion des blocs de texte transcrit, le sous-titre n’affiche plus le texte en entier (il est perdu)
    3/ Il y a des fautes d’accords en français (pluriels)
    4/ Il y a des fautes d’accords en français (participe-passé)

5/ Style de sous-titres :
    On ne peut passer le texte sur 2 lignes (aie !)
    On ne peut agir sur la taille du texte (aie !)

Impression générale : efficace en transcription mais pas souple pour…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transcribe Beta

first of just started to play with the beta transcribe. Brilliant. I have a ten min. interview broken in to 4 segments with voiceover intro and overview, two differrent speakers. cant move the captions around, Assuming that locked at moment. But, the interviewee when transcribe puts below my speaker. Probaly just dumb luck but if it was planned great. When i transcribe the entire video it places mid left. when i transcibe audio only it puts down in closed caption area. Again I understand options are few. I tried to transcibe with the music underscore on it tried for two…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Transcript translation

For the transcript panel, it would be great if it can also do a translation into different languages as well (meaning if the audio is in English, it can translate it into Spanish)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: DNxHD MOV export broken... again

This same bug was present several years ago, and subsequently fixed. Now it's back.

DNxHD MOV files are exported with the "PC" video level metadata flag. This equates to RGB/FULL color levels.

As recently as 14.3.2, it was correctly exporting with the "TV" level flag. This equates to Rec709/LEGAL video levels.

The two ffmpeg outputs shown below come from files exported with the same settings in two different versions of PPro. (BOLD/ITALICS ADDED TO CALL ATTENTION TO THE DISCREPANCY)

Premiere Pro 14.3.2:
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: dnxhd (DNXHD) (AVdn / 0x6E645641), yuv422p(tv, bt709/unknown/unknown, top coded first (swapped)), 1920x1080, 145344…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add color charts PLEASE!!

The last post regarding this has over 600 upvotes!!! When are we going to see this in Premiere? Resolve and FCP X have both had this for years.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. JPG and PNG Sequences Unable to Play in Premiere 2020

Just upgraded to Premiere 2020 in our studio. Having an issue on our PCs. Premiere cannot playback 1080p @ 30fps JPG or PNG sequences at all. Audio will play but no update to the viewers. Exporting the sequences is successful but takes an extreme amount of time compared to other formats.
    Turning off GPU acceleration will improve playback to 1-2 FPS. All of the above is with no effects applied, and with one video track only (the image sequence)

By experimenting with other formats I found that TIFF (no alpha) and EXR (with alpha) sequences playback & export just perfectly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keyboard operation not possible

Hello,
    Nobody needs the new features in Premiere Pro 14.5, but everyone needs keyboard controls!
    Since the update to 14.5, the keyboard controls and moving the clips with the mouse (left button pressed) no longer work!
    Everything is fine with the older versions of Premiere Pro!
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMacPro
    Greetings
    R. Stephan

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base