Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Project Sync keyboard shortcut

There is a sync mechanism to send the latest changes to the cloud but it cannot be triggered via a keyboard shortcut, e.g. Ctrl-S, but it should be.

A user can double click on the little changed icon in the lower left corner of the program window. That does the sync and displays a checkmark when it succeeds. Whatever that action is doing should be possible via a keyboard shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG Premiere CC 13.0.2 No longer loads Red Giant plugins.

BUG Premiere CC 13.0.2 No longer loads Red Giant plugins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We haven’t had any reports, from users or Red Giant, of plug-in loading problems in current versions.

If you can still reproduce the problem in current versions of Premiere Pro, please contact Support; we’d be happy to help.

3. Team Project Save As to Local Project

Add the ability to Save As from a Team project directly to a Local project on the disk. This new local project could be used as a checkpoint archive or it may become a test edit, or could be used to edit the Team project in an "offline" mode with the understanding that re-integrating it back into the Team project would be a manual process.

Right now Save As from a Team project only allows you to create another Team project. Add the ability to choose Team/Local to that dialog and to choose the file/location when Local is chosen.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Pr project file via Upload

It would be great to be able to upload a corrupt Pr project and have a tech fix it. Black Magic does that with Resolve files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the captions effects. I don’t pay over 100 dollars a month for a big pain in the butt!

I import open captions that are a .srt file. Before a recent update I could edit them and they would update on the fly, now I have to render them just to see my changes and most of the time it refuses to actually make the changes! Most of my time issue today fiddling with the captions to make them work and not actually editing my project. It worked perfectly fine before the last update, why do you continue to go backwards adobe?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the Ability to Select All Captions and Make Changes to Every Single One

If a .SRT file is imported and the client wants a different font the only way to change it is manually one by one. We should be able to select all and make adjustments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After several font changes captions stop previewing

Noticing that if you make changes to the fonts and then keep tweaking, eventually Premiere just stops updating the preview of the captions and you need to close Premiere and manually clear the caches to solve.

Also finding that the drag to zoom will often get stuck in that target cursor mode not allowing you to do anything except restart Premiere to get your cursor back.

Overall the whole caption system in Premiere is pretty buggy.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Re-enable free x-positioning of open captions (this worked in PPro2017)

This refers mainly to open captions for non-TV usage.

The position of captions does not allow for negative values anymore. So we are stuck with the left margin (x=0) being roughly at the standard "title safe" position. However, if your project is not limited by TV-standards and you want to use the entire screen width for subtitling, you can't. Any title will just go offscreen on the right with no way to re-center it. This was working in CC 2017 when PPro yould accept x values below zero. Please change this back again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing Leading option (gap between lines) on open captions

open captions have styling options such as font etc, but the default gap between the lines is too big and you still don't have the option to change this gap (leading).
    Lacking that option will still make this tool irrelevant.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. keep the characteristics of the formatted text

After I set the font, size, edge, color, alignment, etc. on open captions, I export it as a new .srt file and I import this new file into the same project, or a new project on another computer and all the formatting is gone. It is very painfully to do it all over again every time - color, the size, the font etc. I even tried to open the same project in which I did the formatting on another computer, and the formatting goes back to default. Please fix this. Also, I get this bug both on windows 10 and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better support for files with closed captions

Closed captions in mxf files generated from other systems do not import into Premiere. No caption stream is present on import although captions show up in other applications. Thread addressing the issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2541515. Files with sample mxf and media info: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ildad31v6y5g0xh/AAC2186Hku-jQ4wsJk2FX7Tta?dl=0

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Captions Idea

The captions tool is annoying, and although it is faster than manually writing an SRT file, it's still not optimal in terms of speed. It's definitely slowing us indie houses down.

What would be ideal, is if the whole captions panel was one big box, in which you could paste the whole text body, and then through editing create the breaks, where the next line should come in.

This could easily be achieved with a simple STOP button and GO button and it'd work similar to multicam.

Think of it like an auto-cue, that can be paused when there is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have completely redesigned the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro version 15.0. While we didn’t implement your specific idea, I believe we have solved the underlying problem. And we have made many other dramatic workflow improvements too. Please update to the latest version.

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

13. Please update your help pages so that it makes sense to a newcomer like me. Windows> Workspaces> Titles does not exist.

Please update your online help pages so that it makes sense to a newcomer like me. Windows> Workspaces> Titles does not exist.
    I would like to create a title and have watched all youtube videos, none of them make sense to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you go to Preferences > Labels, click in the name text field and you can change to any name for each label. If you click on the color rectangle (to the right of the name text field), it will bring up the Color Picker dialog where you can set a custom color.

15. There is font sync error in the News Intro. I cannot edit the text layer in this preset for size.

Please address the font sync errors. I cannot resize the font or change it within the News presets from Essential Graphics.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug report

Upon convert a team project to a regular project, I have random files that became unlinked. When trying to relink them, the file name has change to something like id:locator ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Good integration between PR and ME for captions

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. h264 obsolete or oversight????

You don't support exporting the h.264 codec any more??? Are you kidding me? I updated my software in the middle of a project (like an idiot) and now I have to use a second program to export my final assets to the desired masters. dv25 and dv50 are going to be the future I see???? What's going on down there?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base