Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crash on changing sequence settings (resolution)

When I change my sequence settings from DCI 4k 4096x2160 to 2k 2048x1080, the program locks up and crashes. Using most up to date (v14.6).

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Labels colors no longer displaying in Project window after 14.6.0 update

Just updated to Premiere 14.6.0 and loaded up a project I'm currently working on. When I did I was surprised to see that the label colors were no longer being displayed in the window. The clips in my project still maintained the colors I assigned them, they are just not being visually represented anymore, which is quite debilitating. I downgraded to 14.5.0 and things are back to normal. Just wanted to report the issue in case other people are experiencing the same thing. Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us the option for Premiere to obey the computer's audio output.

Why on earth is there no option for Premiere to follow the computer's audio output. Every other application does this, but for some reason, I have to go into Premiere's settings and change the audio out, EVERY TIME I plug or unplug headphones to the PC.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable/Enable Others

On the timeline I often am trying to isolate a mic track from several other tracks. For something like editing a zoom round table discussion (lotta that work going around right now) if I have 5 tracks of audio and wanna quickly isolate one of them It would be great to select 1 track from the clip and Disable Others with a keyboard shortcut.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere Pro v14.8 - Startup Issues on iMac

Running into a strange issue with Premiere Pro v14.8 on iMac 27" (Retina 5K 2019 with Vega 48).

If I start the machine then almost immediately after boot is complete start Adobe Premiere Pro, the application launches almost immediately and flawlessly.

If I start the machine, let it sit or work on anything else before attempting to open Adobe Premiere Pro, the application launch takes many minutes and often results in a system hang that requires a full shutdown and restart.

Running into a similar issue with Media Encoder.

Is this a known issue? Is there any fix or workaround?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: 708 Captions display incorrectly

x-post from message boards:

Current workflow for network delivery is export 1080/23.98 ProResHQ master from competitor's NLE, Rewrap and embed 608/708 CC using CineXtools. Files have been checked on various waveform monitors, Telestream Switch and Quicktime player. All show embedded CC correctly.

Network then imports captioned master file into Premiere Pro v14.7 for formatting. From this point, 708 captions are incorrect. They are at the top of screen rather than where originally placed, the text color is grey instead of white, many characters (particularly apostrophes) are incorrect, and entire blocks of captions are missing.

In Premiere Pro v13, both 608…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Autosync & Groupclips

Avid media composer has a fantastic feature for subclips. It's called auto sync and group clips.

It's extremely helpful for large scale projects to manage bins and clips based on scripts.

Here is the process which is followed for films or shows on Avid

1. Import all footage and audio from the day and sync them on a timeline.

2. Create subclips with synced audio and footage of individual shots/ clips

3. Rename each clip, based on shooting clap and script.

4. Create autosync clips. This enables the individual subclip to become a self-contained clip with all the new audio layers intact and the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. project panel cann't drag items.

After update to 14.0, at project panel, I cann't drag item to folder and cann't drag file from disk to the project panel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the serious crashing bugs on 14.7 and remove the current version from download access

Fix the serious crashing bugs on 14.7 and remove the current version from download access

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Middle mouse button to zoom/move Program Monitor image (just like in AE!)

After Effects users can zoom and move their Composition around by scrolling or click dragging their mouse's middle button.

This is extremely helpful, so why not have the same features in Premiere in the Program and Source Monitors?

Wherever possible, Adobe should strive to provide the greatest amount of compatible features between programs!

ps. Adobe rep Bruce Bullis need not respond with another silly comment as he did to decline another FR requesting the same thing: "Most users don’t have middle mouse buttons, which makes it hard for us to rely on its presence." If there's enough AE users with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keyboard stops responding in Source Monitor

Since updating to 14.5.0 the keyboard has been unresponsive while in the source monitor. Resetting/deleting preferences didn't help.

The issue seems to resolve if I open Premiere through the project file in Windows explorer. If I open Premiere first and try to load the project (or use the quick start menu), the keyboard does not respond in the source monitor.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video exported box

How can I turn off the video exported successfully box that has turned up since the last software update?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: getInsertionBin() returns root bin of wrong project

In Extendscript, we are told to use project.getInsertionBin() to get the root bin to use project.importFiles()for that project.
    When there are more than 1 projects opened, the project refers to the correct project name, but getInsertionBin returns the root bin of an other opened project, which is not the one from app.project.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Slip in the Source Window.

This is an old FCP 7 feature that was so helpful. When reviewing footage in the source window, if there is an in and out point, it would be SO HELPFUL if you could slip the in and out points to a different position in the clip without having to manually slide it over with the mouse. Many times, if it is a long clip, you have you zoom out to see the existing in and out points, then zoom in close enough to find the little handle in the middle of the in and out points, then you have…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color labels is broken in Premiere 14.6

Color labels are broken in Premiere 14.6.
    Please fix it.
    After upgrading to 14.6 the color labels column in the browser stoped showing the colors. The column is there, but it does not show anything.
    Please, please, please, please fix this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Version 14 and above gives me washed out image. In V.13.1.15 everything is good.

I've been working on a project for a long time, which involved going from version 13 to 14 during editing. And I've found that ever since the 14 version, the imagery gets washed out. Less contrast, black and white levels are off. Didn't really think much of it since I was solely cutting and working with a LUT on top, but getting the cut back from color grading now and about to do final export to master, this is pretty **** critical.

I've tried converting the files to other containers/color spaces/codecs and I can't find a consistancy in what is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base