Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version 14 not recognizing Panasonic P2 in Media Browser

After installing ver 14 (2020), I noticed that Premiere doesn't recognize Panasonic P2 media. It only sees the separate .mxf files/folders but not the card/folder as spanned clips. The Directory viewer only shows/allows the "File Directory" option. The Panasonic P2 is greyed out.

However when I switch over to ver 13.1.5 (2019) media browser works flawlessly and gives me the option to view File Directory and Panasonic P2.

Any way to correct/fix this? Is this a build issue?

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make an option to choose which effect to manipulate on timeline clips by default. no

make an option to choose which effect to manipulate on timeline clips by default. now it's only Opacity. it's a hustle to switch to Time Remapping when you make a lot of speedramps.
    also, make clips thumbnails visible under that line when switched to Time Remapping, like it's visible otherwise

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashing!!!

You guys need to work on the system interface... Even in a workstation which has 32gb ram, xeon processor, nvidia quadro p2000 gfx card and ssd memory, premiere pro crashes.

It is because it doesn't utilize the graphic card and is heavily relied on cpu, whereas da vinci resolve and fcp x uses graphics performance so it crashes less and rendering speed is lightning fast.

Its been a decade since i'm using this software and only thing that is the best feature in this software is auto save other wise millions of users would have left using adobe premier pro…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please Improve Metal Support in macOS

Metal support in Premiere Pro 2020 is currently very bad. On a Radeon VII under macOS Catalina, I'm seeing encode times from a ProRes 4444 timeline to ProRes HQ output taking 45-50 minutes for a 4-minute piece. That same piece encoded in under 10-minutes using OpenCL. Additionally, native Adobe plugins that work fine in OpenCL give a red banner CPU warning under Metal. There is no RED SDK support either. Clearly Metal render support needs work, especially if OpenCL is being deprecated. Please improve Metal support under macOS in Premiere Pro and across all professional media creation applications. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Audio Waveform Exceptionally Slow to Redraw When Zooming In - Premiere Pro 2020

When zooming way in on media in the sequence view, the zoomed-in version of the waveform commonly fails to draw and there are no peaks or valleys to be seen in the sequence.

It will eventually draw, but it can take 3+ seconds, which if you're zooming in often is a big issue.

We've got multiple audio clips and some of them are lengthy. The peak files have been completely generated and Premiere Pro is doing nothing else.

It's a new issue in Premiere Pro 2020 (V14.0.0 Build 572) that all 3 of my editors are experiencing. Windows 10. Peaks…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premier Pro CC 2020 render glitch

Since upgrading to the latest build of Premier Pro CC 2020, I get random glitchy one-frame lines in my renders from PP (see attached). They appear in different places with each new render, and aren't in the timeline if I go back and check the project... they only appear in the renders. I've tried H264 and ProRes 422 HQ... happens in both codecs. I'm trying to deliver a job today, but I have to re-render multiple times... and then comb through each 8 minute render to see if there's any glitches, which is unnecessarily time-consuming and frustrating. Please fix this!…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please Enable Character Spacing In Open Captions

Character spacing is currently not available in open captions. This feature would be useful to a lot of users who need to stylize their subtitles

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please fix PP 2020 playback mess ASAP!

Premiere 2020 will not play simple 1080p timelines - no transitions, no effects, color, audio, etc. Just a 5-second still image sequence in TIFF or JPEG format... Or the same sequence as a video file (AVID/Cineform/Prores).

I will be "upgrading" back to Premiere 2019 as it had zero issues with timeline performance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support for Sidecar macOS Catalina

As Apple introduce the new sidecar feature with macOS Catalina, they already add support for their editing software Final Cut Pro X.

The way they handle it is just as good as they sell it, just another screen with touch capability with Apple Pencil with the help of an iPad.

I think this feature can be great to be integrated like they did on FCPX, the ability to use sidecar as a playback viewer or even more. In the case of Premiere Pro, I think being able to get one panel into sidecar could be huge. Let's take an example…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Preimere 2020 timeline sluggish when "Browse" tab of essential graphics is open.

I don't know if there is a memory leak or ram overload but for whatever reason the browse tab open makes premiere awfully slow. Please work on a patch or fix. Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

155 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: Max Bit Depth Levels changing in 14.0.1

This is something I have not seen before.
    Putting a ProRes HQ clip on the timeline and it looks as it did when it came out of resolve. Change sequence settings to Maximum Bit Depth and now the clips are about 20 IRE darker! See image below. Right Image is Max BD. Left is unchecked.
    Strange. Also shows this result on Mercury Transmit outputs.
    Just confirmed this is only happening in 2020 Premiere Pro 14.01 . And not happening in Premiere Pro 13.1.5

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: V14.0 Audio Sync Issues on Import (Premiere Pro 2020)

Hi, after updating to Premiere Pro version 14.0 video clips imported playback out of sync in the program and source monitors. The clips play fine in any video player outside of Premiere. I'm primarily importing MP4 files. I tried renaming the files from MP4 to MOV but it's still out of sync inside Premiere. I shoot with a Canon C100 and switched the camera to record .MTS files - same thing. My only workaround was to switch to Premiere Pro 2019 where clips are playing fine.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restore Lumetri's LUT selection ease

Until recently (I'm on v13.1 at the moment), a user was able to roll the mouse wheel over the closed LUT drop down menu and cycle through different LUTs. These LUTs would be applied on the Lumetri layer, allowing for adjustment of intensity and interaction with other layers.

This option has recently disappeared. Once a user clicks a LUT in the drop down menu, that selection is moved to the top of the menu, causing "Browse..." to be the next LUT option when mouse scrolling.

Please see an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6DxcWCu2w

Yes, the preview window in the Lumetri>Creative panel allows…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Miserable Playback in Pr 2020 versus 2019 (Layer visibility no longer affects playback performace)

In the newest version of Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.0.0), realtime playback performance takes a hit for every layer whether or not they are visible (whether or not the eyeball is on or off).

This was not the behaviour in 2019. If playback performance was poor because we had too many layers of information streaming in, we could turn off (click the eyeball) for layers and playback performance would improve dramatically. Only the visible layers would load and and I could watch at 3x speed. Now I can't even listen to just the audio tracks at 3x speed because it's…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Lumetri Color luts randomly make footage washed out (Non-Log Footage)

This has happened for several releases. When you apply Lumetri Color and add Luts (Even if the lut was created by Premiere Pro), it will sometimes randomly wash the footage out. For example; if you add a vignette using the last option in Lumetri Color, it will wash the footage out so that it looks like it was shot in Log.

The footage also washes out when doing other things like adding an adjustment layer above the footage and applying certain 3rd party plugins like Denoiser. The bottom footage layer will have Lumetri applied, and the above adjustment layer will…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. in Audio Track Mixer - when opening audio FX, make effect window open showing all effect settings

In the Audio Track Mixer: when double-clicking an audio effect in one of the fx slots, the window size of the effect settings that pops up is too small most of the time, and many of the effect settings are obscured. You actually have to grab and drag the corner of the window with your mouse to make all settings visible.
    Just very annoying and it seems like this would be an easy bug to fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premiere Pro 2020 Catalina bug

When selecting "Edit clip in Adobe Audition," Audition opens, but the clip does not.
    Additionally, if I send sequences to the Media Encoder queue, Media Encoder opens - but the sequence does not show up in the queue. I have been able to 'click-and-drag' a sequence from Premiere into the Media Encoder window in order to get it to be placed in the queue.

Thankfully the link from Premiere to After Effects actually works.

This is happening on a new MBP 16" with Catalina and current version of all apps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base