Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Centering Captions

Open Captions. Cannot center certain captions. The X function will not change. Y option is fine. Even attempting to chang the Left Right Center button does nothing.

This needs to be fixed.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Captions

The captions has been quite buggy for some time, trying to export it as a SRT is a real pain. The edge also isn't correct with some letters as shown in picture below. Where it almost becomes unusable...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have the very latest update for my Premiere pro program. It no longer supports PNG!!! That's insane. Why would you remove any file formats

It can't possibly use up any band with to retain old file formats, yet you have eliminated many. Ones like AVI and PNG are still used for many stock photos and clips. Also, you can no longer edit an audio file in Audition, it always says file not found, no matter which file you choose. Hoping this is just a glitch because it's really slowing down my work flow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: when setting a adjustment layer to 0% height premiere crashes.

BUG REPORT:
    When setting an adjustment layer to 100% width and 0% height (to start automation) premiere crashes.
    Tried 5 times. Always crash at that point.
    I use an Lumteri effect on the adjlayer and an gausion blur of 37.

Also rendering older projects with this setting gives an crash in the encoder. So I am not able to work with my old projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve tested; the crash doesn’t occur in current Premiere Pro builds, mac or windows, given the steps provided.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

5. Captions with spikes? Please no more

Please remove the spikes from letters like capital M and A when we create captions with an edge for better readability.

Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Captions snap to frames, ASAP.

Please make captions snap to frames and other layer's in & out points in a release as soon as possible. It's crazy that everything snaps to frames in Premiere apart from the captions. We're having tons of trouble due to the fact that they don't; captions overwrite each other, don't change from one to the next when they should, and when creating subtitles for a dual language film it's a real pain to make quickly make them change subs at the same point.

You could really do with making them easier to select too, its a bit fiddly.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. line spacing in 'Open Captions

We need the possibility to adjust the line spacing in 'open captions' or even better the possibility to apply a preset when importing an STL file

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. random non-extension files appearing

since 13.1, we are seeing random files being generated, usually during a manual save of the project located next to the project file and preview files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When adding a new caption, inserting it at the playhead location, not directly after the previous caption.

Almost always, my playhead is at the location I want to insert the new caption. This would cut out an entire step. Our team spends so much time captioning that this would be a major time-saver.

(Happy to provide clarification, or answer any questions on this minor improvement.)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Closed Caption bug: Captions sometimes appear longer or shorter than they should on screen

Closed captions appear longer and shorter than the length you have set for the individual caption

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Captions

Captions run beyond the out point into the clear timeline. Very annoying.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to edit/adjust .SRT captions in premiere

I've imported a standard .srt caption into Premiere 2018 and I am unable to move text, change the font, font size, etc. no matter what I changes I make to the caption settings. The caption is even off from what the caption settings are saying it should be.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prores bug on OSX using ExFat exernal drives

I found a bug on at least High Sierra and Mojave in all versions of Premiere Pro 13.x (2019), which happens when trying to edit prores files off an external hard drive. If the hard drive is formatted as ExFat, your timeline playback grinds virtually to a halt, and editing is impossible. As soon as the same project is copied to a drive formatted to MacOS Journalled, it plays normally.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Subtitle Tool/Track

I believe that DaVinci Resolve now has a Subtitle Track

It'd be brilliant if Premiere did this, so that if you adjusted the size, font or position of the subtitle track parameters it implemented the change across all text on the subtitle track.

You could also add styles to the subtitles too, such as drop shadows or boxes with Opacity settings across the board

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Closed captioning in/out points change after save

The in and out points change after the project file is saved. For example, if I trim a caption to end at a video cut, the next time I load the project, the outpoint have moved and the caption ends a couple of frames before the cut...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Better caption workflow using .srt Files

Create a workflow in which importing .srt Files created with a 3rd party program will work without glitches or import errors

For example:

When I import .srt files made with YouTube and downloaded, often most of the file does not import. I imported a 5 minute srt file and only the first 2 minutes showed up.

There is an entire industry built around translators and transcribers using .srt files to give to their clients, so this is an important and much needed workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Exporting Captions

I am exporting a video in 3 different sizes with burnt in captions. When I export the 1080p version, the captions export fine to the final output. When I export the 1080 x 1920 version and the 1080 x 1350 version, the closed captions do not export with the video. I can see them in the export menu and have tried in both Media Encoder Queue and directly from Premiere. Baffling!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team Projects should be available for different computers using the same ID

CC for Teams allows to open Premiere in two different computers. However, it does not allow to create a team project for those two computers, because team projects only work correctly between different adobe IDs (i.e., different licenses). They should also be available for different computers using the same ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Closed Captioning

Tried importing SRT file created on Youtube to Premiere Pro. It works but required a few adjustments to match the resolution size.

Since this is my first time working with CC, I discovered the issue which is scrolling down to find the highlighted sentence within the CC effect panel. It would be effective if I were to double click the sentence in the timeline and it would automatically scroll itself to selected sentence in the CC panel.

Right now, I have to scroll down in the CC panel every time I accidentally clicked my mouse at the wrong part in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Will not work with iPhone videos. Most people use there phones these days for home videos as well as vlogg. Please help.

Will not work with iPhone videos. Most people use there phones these days for home videos as well as vlogg. Please help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base