Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the playhead automatically select the clip below it

I would love to see functionality so that when you stop your playhead over a clip during playback or by moving the playhead that it automatically selects that clip, or the nearest clip to the top that's track is toggled on, so that it's settings are ready to play with in the effect controls window. This seems so basic common sense to me to me and I'm trying not to get angry about it here because I know you are good people in there, but it seems some mind numbingly obvious to me as an editor that you would want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Forward delete key doesn't work in save dialogs

On a Mac, when specifying the filename of an export: the expected behavior of the forward delete key is to remove a character to the right of the cursor. Instead, it does nothing at all, which is not as good.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem with audio if files have same name

If you have video or audio files with same name inside project (this happens often with several audio recorders or gopros for example). The files are in different directories and bins in project and also in different sequences. Premiere knows the files are not the same, cause video is ok. Audio is not. It is same in both clips. Happens also with plain audio files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Managing After Effects Dynamic links better

Currently, If you have say, 10 After Effects dynamically linked clips on the timeline that have not been rendered and replaced, and you project manage the project, it will spit out 10 separate after effects project files representing each AE clip on the timeline (each prject contains ALL the Dl clips that you created originally). This needs to be fixed so that it only spits out the 1 AE project and references each clip to a comp inside that one project file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lumetri Crashes

At curves correction session.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After Update to 12.1.0 (B186) version on MAC (OSX 10.11.6) some Video files aren't loaded!!!

Please release updates that work!!!
    We pay 70€/month!!!
    Scandal... :-(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Closing program panel shuts off transmit engine

Currently closing the program panel prevents mercury playback engine from sending a signal out. With a broadcast monitor the only things I need a program panel for are masking and effects, I'd like to be able to close it and still play the timeline.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix it so that all effects edits don't change once implemented

Premiere Pro has been unstable as I am trying to mash-up multiple clips. Often after working on positioning, cropping and other effects, then saving and closing; the next time I open it to continue many edits do not hold. Position & scale disorient among other problems. Once the whole video file disappeared and I had to use a backup. I researched this online and found the other users had the same problem.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Encoding bug with version 15.4.1

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
    Apple M1
    16 GB

Premiere version:15.4.1

When I encode the video, I get some flickers especially with gif animations.
    The problem is improved by version down to 15.2, but it takes too long to encode then.
    The encoding time in 15.4.1 is approximately 10min for the video whose duration is 30min but in 15.2, it takes more than 1.5 hours...
    The video duration is the same.

If it takes that long for every single video, I cannot finish my work and my client also get angry.
    Please fix the problem.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 We have four edit stations and all of us are having issues with "Shift G" or modify audio channels. We use Sony EX

We have four edit stations and all of us are having issues with "Shift G" or modify audio channels. We use Sony EX media. Usually, we can modify all clips in a bin so that rather than 4 mono channels, we have 3 stereo channels. We have presets that have worked for years. We have tried creating new presets, even new projects with the same frustrating results. Totally buggy. The same preset will work one time and not the other.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Align Text Background with Text Box

When adding a background to text in Premiere 2021, the background does not center align with the text box. For some reason, the background shifts to the right (almost like a drop shadow would).

Additionally, the background no longer fills the entire area of the text box like it did in previous versions of premiere. The background only applies to the area directly behind the text.

In Premiere 2020, neither of these issues occurred.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to disable automatic tool selection

I would love if there was an keybindable option to turn off the automatic tool selection in the timeline like in avid.

If I only want to move clips arond I don't want the software to change my tools around. I am constantly accidently triming clips I want to move. It costs time, doesn't look good with clients looking over your shoulder and is just simply annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. STATIC AND COLORED GRAIN AFTER 10 MINS

After a while of running premiere pro my footage in preview when I hit play becomes staticky, grainy and becomes extremely colorful. This started happening as of the new update. After about ten minutes it starts to happen. I simply close the program and re open it and its fixed for a while. But it gets annoying when editing a long video... help or fix this please.. clips attached... just started a stoopid edit, dont judge XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove the very thin white line around all shapes

Here is how to recreate the problem I find often in editing dark footage.

1: Film a total black room.
    2: Insert footage into timeline.
    3. Select rectangle tool and cover part of footage (as you have to do with filming errors).
    4. Fill shape black.
    5. Exclaim: "Why is that shape faintly outlined!!"

The black shape has a very fine shape surrounding it that you cannot remove, and worse still when you export to Youtube, the outline is slightly visible which shows up all your filming errors. This does not happen in Premier Elements v10.
    Why is this? I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clip order bug when creating a new sequence from folder

There appears to be a bug when creating a new sequence from a folder of footage. Often time when I drag folder to the New Item icon to create a new sequence, the order of the footage in the new sequence is not as expected. It should be in alphabetical order just as it is in the Project Panel. But instead the order often seems random.
    Please fix this.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Captions need some more work.

At the moment when I select the top alignment (one line subtitle aligns at the top of the caption) and the bottom center zone the subtitle jumps to the center of the screen. When trying to move it it locks at 0 and doesn't allow me to go into the minus values.
    Only way around that is to align at the bottom and hit enter at the end of every single line sub. However this practice is going to cause a problem for sure sooner or later.

The background should be able to be adjusted by length and hight individually.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "info" window displays the wrong FPS on clips in the timeline

I have started always having the info window in my workspace, so that I can instantly see the speed, FPS and resolution of the clips in the timeline. But the info display always shows the FPS of the sequence, which is never what I am looking for. When I right click on a clip, and then click "properties", I get the actual FPS of the clip. Shouldn't the info window show this information? Looks like a bug.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Is the format of the new GraphicsAndType base64 documented somewhare

The former JSON format doesn't seem to work anymore.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base