Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mic Level Slider in Voice-Over Record Settings

In the Voice-Over Record Settings we can check the microphone levels, but there's no way to adjust them.

It would be great if Premiere could tap into the input level sliders in the OS directly, so we could adjust the input levels with a slider in the Voice-Over Record Setting instead of having to open up the input settings in MacOS/Windows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate codec with Sony and Nikon better, no issues with Canon in 4K

I had playback issues in Premiere Pro 2017 with Sony footage. I had to convert to Mp4. Canon seems to be the only format I don't have issues with in 4K.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual multicam

Feature request:

A ‘virtual multicam’ mode. Mainly for reality type shows but also useful for sports & entertainment shows, indeed anything with multiple sources shot contemporaneously.

How it would work:

Toggle view from current single timeline clip to show any/all clips that match that that clips shoot date & ‘multicam reference timecode’. (Audio tracks also to be available.)

Should compensate for CFPS (shoot frame rate)

Notes:

On well organised productions shoot date & timecode & cfps metadata would be accurate.

In other cases shoot date could be generated from file creation date and/or manually adjusted. Timecode similarly could be calculated…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Bin with Single Reference to Each Clip

The Search Bin is the beginning of a good idea. But if I'm working on a long-form project with lots of media, some clips may appear in multiple bins and in multiple iterations of my sequence. If I want to create a search bin then, I will likely see multiple copies of a given clip. This is not helpful. I'd like the option of seeing only one copy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach multiple clips to their proxies simultaneously

Since I have pre-existing proxied media and don't need to ingest, it's imperative that I have the ability to connect the ALL the clips to their proxies. Right now you have to reconnect one-by-one. And I have a thousand clips.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: "Replace With Clip From Source Monitor, Match Frame" is one frame off

Whenever I try to use playhead to playhead replace edit a clip from my Source Monitor to the timeline it's one frame off. This has been there for many versions now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug Report - Support for dual screen for Premiere Pro CC 2018 does not work properly

I have two screens. If all of the windows for PPro CC 2018 are on the primary screen if I press Ctrl - tilde the screen plays full screen and if I press the keys again it is no longer in full screen mode. OK so far.

However if I move the Project and Media Browser windows to the second screen the Ctrl-Tilde no longer works on the primary screen.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 (Build 16299 with an NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card (just updated) with a iCore 7-6850k Intel CPU and 64Gb RAM

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Plural Eyes doesn't work properly with CC2018

I use this software to sync my projects. I have to downgrade to 2017 so it works properly. Please work with Red Giant on this! Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Crashes opening closed Project Panel with Multiple Projects Open

• Open 2 Projects in Premiere
    • Close the project panel of Project A
    • Close Project B (so that there are no project panels left)
    • Try to re-open the Project Panel with "Shift + 1"
    • Premiere Crashes
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ratios

Be able to export 9:16 aspect ratio and publish directly to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and perhaps even Whatsapp stories.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Timeline keyframe returns to the default value by double-clicking.

It will be useful to work with keyframe in the timeline especially with audio.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug report -

Audio playback bug Report - I have the recent PRP update.

Whenever I open a project, and then sequence - I can't hear the audio. Even though, I can see the waveforms in the timeline - still no sound comes out.
    My workaround - I duplicate the sequence - and it plays just fine

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG - Normalize Max Peaks

"Normalize Max Peaks to:" has encountered a bug, where "peak amplitude" shows up as negative infinity and when normalizing max peaks, the waveform of the audio turns into a block and sometimes plays an extremely high pitched sound and most other times is just muted. Normalize max peaks is a big process during my workflow, so please fix this ASAP! (This has been complained about for over year on an Adobe forum and still hasn't been fixed: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10394493#10394493)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it work without fear

I want to not worry it will crash every 5 seconds. 1. Make it save like FCPX: in the background, it should save every time I change ANYTHING. I want this so I don't have to worry about hitting save every time I do anything for fear I will lose my work. 2. Make it work better with MTS files. 3. Thumbnail view in bins is slow to show and won't show the thumbnails while playing in the timeline. 4. Importing takes too long. 5. Exporting takes too long: even when I don't have a ton of effects it still…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bugg: When normalising gain you have to wait for the word "calculating" to change to the db-value before hitting ok.

Grey out the button when until the text changes from "calculating" to "ok". Now if the user hits ok to early it will make the sound way to loud or almost silent.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Audio Frequencies bleeding through from Muted tracks into Solo track

When a stripe (from audition or pro tools) is solo and other tracks muted can hear a high frequency bleeding through in playback. When I delete the other tracks and have just the one track with the stripe the frequency is gone during playback.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Problems with Jog Wheel interoperability within Premiere Pro 12.0 - 12.1.1

I have been using a Contour ShuttlePRO v2 for the last 2 years without issue. Now, in order to get the the shuttle to work I have to launch the shuttle software as Administrator. My account is a local account and a local administrator. There should be no need for this. Why does premiere require elevated rights to interface with it? Version 11.1.2 does not have this problem.

Even after launching both files associated with the ShuttlePro as Administrator. Premiere Pro responds sluggishly. I can jog the wheel and when I stop Premiere moves another 5 or 20 frames depending…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Changing the length of a clip crashes Premiere.

When changing the length of any clip on the timeline (not stretching, just keeping the clip shown for longer) and the red bracket and arrow are pointing toward the clip, Premiere instantly crashes.

This has only started happening after the 12.1.1 update on macOS Sierra 12.6.

When the arrow is pointed away from the clip, everything is fine. It has never been like this, because before, I could have the bracket and arrow pointing wherever and it would still modify the length of a clip.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow to insert a clip in a blank space between 2 clips via shortcut

sometimes I get a blank space between 2 clips that I want to insert a clip into. I can use the 3 or 4 point edit method of marking the selection (/ key) and then overwrite (. key). but it would be nice to just drag with the alt key over the blank space and have the clip fit in there, as it works if there was a clip in there already.

here's an example
    https://imgur.com/a/UYJfjge

here I am using my most often workaround which is to drag the clip above, slice it, then drag it in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base