Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implementing the "old" text-tool/expanding the text-tool

Please consider implementing the older, extensive text-tool into the new regular text tool, so that it can be operated/activated with shortcuts.
    The old Tool was quite usable, with ist ability to save presets and work on the text with Colors, textures etc. It has a lot of room to Play around in. Sometimes it even eliminated the Need to Change to AE. Still, both worked nicely together.
    Though it still can be accessed, it is now hidden somewhere in the menus. If it could be actrivated with a shortcut, it would make the workflow much faster and untuitive.
    Thanks for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapse | Reveal Sync Audio Tracks

Premiere Pro desperately needs a way to collapse and reveal location audio tracks similar to FCPx. This will serve two very important functions:

1) Keeps the timeline tidy and clean when you have 5-12 location audio tracks. If you can collapse or nest these tracks and reveal as needed...aka FCPx there is less to keep track of on a busy timeline and you can navigate and edit much easier.

2) It will be a much easier method to select which mics / tracks you need to enable on a clip by clip basis.

Right now it is some cumbersome and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

my timeline wont save when i hit "save as", please help i don't want to have to start from scratch every time i close my computer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In addition to Label colors, can we get a Label "gradient" for broadcast versioning?

Previously, Adobe have made changes that were hostile to broadcast environments where versioning is required (changing the function of "enter" to become "all stop"?!)

To make lives (or at least mine) easier, I humbly request the following:

When versioning out multiples of a master, each audio cut is unique. If I could select all the audio cuts and choose "label-->gradient series", this would allowing me to choose two colours and then Premiere would label each item selected--in order--with the colors between those two colours selected.
    This would make versioning more efficient and less prone to error.

Glancing at a timeline…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm having a problem where sound on a sequence is randomly going off.

Audio is randomly turning off in a sequence. I'm working in a sequence and all audio tracks go silent. Audio comes back on if I pick one track, put it in solo mode by clicking the S for the track, then turn off solo mode. Then audio works from all tracks again.

No track is in solo mode when this starts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rendering speed change w optical flow freezes computer

When rendering a Clío with an “optical flow” speed change, my entire computer freezes. Not just the application; I have to do a hard reboot.

This happens when my render engine is set to Metal, but not OpenCL. This happens consistently, with various clips. This happens with Premiere 12.1.1 (build 10).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Switch audio in multicam

I just started learning Adobe Premiere and found out from Adobe you can't switch audio in multicam. For example, I have two cameras, two channels of audio on each camera. I want to be able to switch audio independent of the video. Like you can in ever other software.

What in the world?! This is absolutely shocking you can't switch audio in the multicam flow! That's the craziest most ridiculous silliest thing I've ever heard.

How can Premier call itself "Pro" if it doesn't have the simple ability to choose your audio in multicam independent of the video?!

It's back…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In a multi-camera sequence, one "camera" can turn all black

So basically one of the layers inside the multi-camera sequence just becomes black for some reason and stays that way unless you move the layer around. I've made a video showing this error here:
    https://youtu.be/vnK-PtWIYqY

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Some clip types importing as audio only

Specifically for me its iPhone clips. Updated a project and all the video associations were gone, and now I find that these clips (even in a fresh project started in new version of premiere) will not import video period.

This is another example of you guys putting out an update and breaking an integral feature. Please STOP putting out new features until you can figure out how to do so without breaking crucial parts of the application!

Here is a YEAR OLD THREAD ABOUT THIS ISSUE.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2313357

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reversing interlaced footage doesn't play smoothly

When reversing speed in CC 2018.1 on interlaced footage (more than 100%, for example -500%), the result is not playing smoothly (it was OK with CC 2015.2). Feels like the frames are deinterlaced in the process, or something like that. Although, when nesting the original 500% clip, then applying the reverse of -100% on that does the trick, but it's annoying having to do that.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scrolling through the timeline with cursor without affecting the edit

Would it be possible to get an option where - like in Avid - we could scroll through the timeline with the cursor, clicking anywhere without affecting any of the clips? It feels a bit limiting to have to click at the top of the timeline to scroll through.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Uncheck All in Audio Assignment Windows

Just hoping we could get an 'Uncheck All' button and functionality in the various Audio Assignment windows.

It's very tedious to have to go through and uncheck every single box, when I'm using sources with 12+ channels of audio each.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Title Seperation for Effect Catagories

When I am looking through the multiple different setting to adjust for color correction I have a hard time navigating easily. The title for "Lift" "Gain" or "Gamma" are not easy to find once I have their dropdowns opened.

Please see picture example attached.

If there was a slight color difference in the title of the effect you eye would be able to travel between them easier. currently it's just a mess.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When linking or relinking media select drives to omit for proxy or source linking

Have a check box to REMOVE a drive from the relinking process so for example Premiere will ignore your proxy files drive when you want to relink to source rushes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a "Synchronize" reference point

In the "Synchronize" feature for editing audio and video together, make an option where you can choose one of the tracks as a reference point.

Often when syncing multiple clips to one audio track, it will move the main audio to sync to the clip, thereby un-syncing the track from all of the other clips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the constant crashing with GTX 1050 TI graphics card. Software render sucks

This is old news and has been happening for much too long. Will not continue to subscribe to products if Adobe/NVIDIA doesn't fix this soon

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug - Pushing and pulling settings in Lumetri panel doesn't live update image until you release

Pushing and pulling settings in the Lumetri panel live updates the scopes, but not the image itself. To see the changes, you have to release your mouse button.

1. Push and pull a setting in Lumetri (don't release the mouse button)
    2. Watch the scopes live update
    3. Sniffle as your image doesn't update
    4. Release mouse button
    5. Image updates
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base