Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12681 results found

1. Listen to people

When developer can develop alternative Operating System from scratch, application software is comparatively small thing.

May god bless Adobe

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Project Metadata Display and Proxies problem...please fix with future update.

Hi,

I'm working between 2 systems. 1, my main computer and 2, my laptop to watch and review proxies while on the road. The Proxies are great, small, easy to play files that I can load onto my laptop, but to watch the original size production footage I need to hook up an external drive. Being able to use Proxies without the original production footage is a huge help!

My problem lies with the Metadata Display(see photos). When loading only the Proxy files on my laptop, the Descriptions column data is there, but the Rating and Category column info has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 13.0.2 still buggy - can't link with AE

Thanks for this update but it's still failing to link with my After Effects projects, which have also been updated to 16.0.1. I will report this on the After Effects section too as I'm not sure which it is most relevant to. See attached error in AE which keeps recurring. I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16gb RAM.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bin labels not imported when copying across projects

When copying-and-pasting from a sequence to another sequence in another project, the source bin structure is maintained as are the labels for the clips but labels are not maintained for the imported bins. The imported/created bins should retain the labels of the source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. exporting crash

Premiere pro as well as Media Encoder is having problems with exporting larger videos and it is shutting down the computer. I work for a company where we have many computers and work on many projects. Until recently exports were working fine. We export videos from 45 min to 2 hrs long. Our longer videos are not exporting now. During the export process, it stops and then the entire computer reboots. This is happening on multiple computers and multiple projects (some projects that we have exported from in the past.) We have been lucky so far as to work around…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tiny changes to source window

@creativecloud can you please add the following to @AdobePremiere
    -Rename sequence
    -Rotate source window
    -Press next in source window

Please #thankyou

Sincerely,

A content creator

listofdemands #creativity #userfriendly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Color in Program Monitor does not match exports...at all. Worse, changing monitor profile effects everything BUT that preview window.

Color in Program Monitor does not match exports...at all. Worse, changing monitor profile effects everything BUT that preview window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Project locking on by default

The project locking feature is currently off by default. That means we really can't count on it since that preference is set per user. Any one person with it off (likely because they don't even know it exists) can open and overwrite anyone else's open project regardless of everyone else's settings.

For project locking to be useful, it must be on by default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: Different exposure and saturation levels in my final sequence in the project window export, in comparison to the exported video file.

In the picture below, the left frame is the video export being played back in Quick Time and the frame on the right is the project in premiere. There's an exposure and saturation difference in my export. My export settings are kept as H264. Match Source - High Bitrate (adj* 2VBR Bit 10 Max bit 12.)

Any idea how I can get my exports to look the same as my final edited footage from Premiere Pro CC? Any suggestions help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug - putting stuff in timeline

When putting a clip into the timeline containing both audio and video the option to press "shift" and lock the v or a to a specific track doesn't work! If I press "shift" the clip ends up in the beginning of the sequence and I have ruined many edits because of this. Sometimes shift is accidentally pressed and stuff end upp overwriting things in the beginning of the sequence whitout me noticing until later on on export. This needs to be fixed!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Media Browser not showing files in Premiere Pro CC 2019

I installed 2019 this morning and finished a video edit. Went on to a new project and found that Media Browser would not display the needed MP4 files on my local drive. The folder containing the files shows but the files themselves (which Finder confirms are there) do not show. When I open previous projects, though, Media Browser shows all those files. It seems that 2019 cannot view only files not previously viewed or imported.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: Transition effect control A/B preview no longer works in 12.1.2. Build 69

Windows 7, for directional video transitions, under effect controls, the upper left used to show a preview of what the transition will look like when you click on different variations using A and B to represent the footage. Now, it just shows A no matter what I click or which transition I'm using. I can obviously figure out what the transition will look like but that was a nice shortcut to quickly verify I was clicking on the right direction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Captions in CC 2019

Hi,

It seems that captions functionality has been reduced in CC 2019. When I click to select new text style or background or colour nothing happens. It is extremely frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix bug where PP crashes when changing name of exported media file

When I try to change the name of the exported media file, Premier Pro crashes about half of the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix the anomaly where multiple tabs of the same project are open in the project pane

Why does my project panel have the same project opened multiple times? I've closed the project (and the multiple references to that project all close), but when I open the project later, there they are again, multiple references to the same project.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GPU Bug - This effect requires GPU Acceleration - but it doesn't earlier in the sequence?!

In follow up to the long standing topic forum at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2397134 I'm having this as a different error. For some reason I can only use so much GPU time it would seem.
    Can this be investigated please?

Here's a new angle to this issue. I'm on latest everything BTW. I can use a VR Mobius Zoom at the beginning 30 seconds and VR Plane to Sphere elsewhere in my sequence beautifully. However, for some unknown reason, I can't use any VR effect in the last 10 seconds of the sequence. What?

I'm getting the Red Band of Death on both…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Suggest to add a pair of commands

Hello.I recommend adding a pair of commands,and assign keyboard shortcuts for them.When I run the commands,clips which are selected stick on the left or the right side of the playhead.The clips are on the same track during the process,so that I don't need to care about which track is activated(So-called Toggle the track targeting for this track).This will bring great convenience to editing.If I use cut-paste to do this,it will be much troublesome.
    My English isn't good.Hope you can understand me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Collection of Project auto-inclusive of nest + Elements Contained within nests

It would be so useful and could reduce missing media if when you go to collect a sequence that contains nests, that in the PROJECT MANAGER, the nests contained in that sequence have their boxes CHECKED, just like the sequence you've selected to collect is.

As of right now, it's a manual process of stepping through the entire sequence, listing the nests contained within, and ensuring their selection boxes are checked prior to COLLECTING.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. captions aren't exporting from PP to AME

i never had this problem until within the last year - i NEED open captions and now they don't export through AME and OMG that's annoying and painful. WTH is going on and why isn't there a fix. Adobe MAX just passed and right now i don't care about anything new if this other stuff can't event get fixed. what's the workaround? what's the fix?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base