Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Suggest effects stacking order for faster renders

Some fx will impact render times 5 x when they're placed at the top of the fx stack (EG: neat video will be 5 times faster if applied first [top fx] in the effect control panel).

I suggest there will be an "analyze effects" or "Analyze Sequence for render performance". Once clicked the software will test a couple of frame renders of each clip and thus able to suggest effect stacking order for best performance.

Obviously with the help of community and ML the software can recommend some best practices on the fly based on it's knowledge.

User will be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The 12.1/12.1.1 cycle is horrendous

12.1, and 12.1.1 have been an absolute nightmare to work with.

We've had more crashes, more slow-downs, and more truly frustrating issues with these two releases than I can remember. Unfortunately, we've been dragged up and locked into these versions, so it's not like we can just revert back to 12.0.1 and happily work away until this nightmare cycle is over.

From regular hard crashes when changing to custom workspaces (not to mention workspaces just no longer working), to other random hard crashes because...well...just because. To the excessive slowdowns after a period of time when generating proxies in the background…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Thumnail

GUYS!!! Gotta have the ability to set a thumnail or cover of a clip on export … unless it's there and hidden already.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When copying a clip from project to another, ask where put media

I work for an in-house agency so many projects include reusing footage from previous projects. Having multiple projects open to hunt for footage is really helpful, however, when I find a great clip from a sequence is project B,C, or D and copy it into a sequence from project A, upon import it duplicates the whole folder structure that clip was in. I organize all my projects mostly the same way so I get a new "Video Media" folder for every clip I import from another project. It would be REALLY helpful from a project organization standpoint if I had…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Proxy workflow - Destination and Naming Convention Options

Currently the options are a proxy folder next to the original source or a custom folder.
    There is no control over the naming convention.

We have a workflow that would work better if we could store the Proxy in the same folder as the original (no sub-folder) and a naming convention that tags a "-Proxy" (as opposed to a "_Proxy") to the original name.

Overall what we're looking for is a more sophisticated Destinations system for PPro and AME.
    Way back in the FCP-7 days they divided export presets into two types: Render and Destinations.

Perhaps Adobe's "Ingest" presets are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No more overwriting clips by shifting / make your own default settings in Effects

I have been working (since many years ago) with Adobe Premiere 4 version until now with CC. When the CC version started I ran into the fact that when sliding with clips the shifted clip could be placed over another clip. Only when using the Ctrl button it is possible to place a clip between the other clips without overwriting them. Overwriting was impossible in the past. For years now I have run into the problem that working with the Ctrl button does not always go well, so the adjacent clip is overwritten. Then I have to do it again…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow insert/overwrite even when focus is in timeline

Right now if you have a clip on source monitor with in/out markers but you have the focus on the timeline, you cannot use the keyboard shortcuts for insert/overwrite actions. You have to use the mouse to click the physical buttons on the source monitor or click on the source monitor to make the shortcuts work.

Making this change will boost productivity by using the mouse less.

The shortcut keys for insert/overwrite should only be disabled if there is no clip on the source monitor or no clip selected on the project bin.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please support DJI files

I mean, its one of the most popular drones out there. Its got a camera. It records 4k video. Please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There is a problem with Essential Sound causing edit shifts in playback

Once you add certain effects on to a clip through essential sound, the clip timing changes by several frames in playback.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Modifier key to make new track with insert

I would love to be able to hold a modifier key while dragging from the source monitor to the timeline which would automatically insert a new track wherever I'm dragging the clip. Sometimes, I want to put a clip inbetween two other tracks and have it be a completely empty track, pushing everything below and above out and away. This would be a huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Turn down audio in a time range

Please shamelessly steal that FCPX feature where you can turn down audio in a certain time range and it will automatically make/modify the keyframes.

I often want to turn down music under dialog so that's four keyframes to make. It would be nice to be able to select the time range I want to affect and then turn down the volume there just by dragging down the volume or using the volume modifier keys.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save & render feature the you can add to shortcut key

Add to the sequence tab a save & render timeline feature, as the most common crash I get is during renders. Or Add short cuts with multiple features that you could customise.. like save then render.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Legacy Title tool always create BLURRY text.

The Legacy Title tool always create BLURRY text.

Please fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio out of sync when exporting H.264 video file

Issue is fixed when I do SEQUENCE > DELETE RENDER FILES before export.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Relink Paths Issue

I've had this issue a few times with team projects but now I had it with a local project. Same exact folder structure. Moved from the studio to my home office. I then worked from home saved and closed the project and the next morning was greeted with the following re-link window. I have to manually go through and re-link each clip. Anyone else have this issue before?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Problem report

When i want to mask something and i click in the fre draw bezier in the effect control and i go to video view (program) bezier dont show !!! What is the problem??? I cant montage any vide becuse i need to mask something! please help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The audio in the timeline in P.P. CC cuts out randomly. My video file is small, with only 1 audio track. This just started recently.

The audio in the timeline in P.P. CC cuts out randomly. My video file is small, with only 1 audio track. This just started recently. I have been editing with previous versions of P.P. and never had a problem. Is this issue being resolved?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Media browser icons refresh on save

For some reason Media Browser tab jumps back to the top of the list and forces a thumbnail re-load/ refresh when I save my project which can be frustrating when you are halfway down a long list of clips. I'm using the most recent version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix Multiband Compressor Issues

Well, basically that. The problem has been going on for several versions now and they don't seem to care to improve it. Whenever you apply Multiband Compressor to raise the audio gain, the program starts acting up, with constant beachball crashes and force quits.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base