Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project panel: Make Un-hiding assets as obvious as Hiding assets

Currently it's very easy in the Project panel to see the option to "hide" something. However, once you've hidden something, the only way to UN-hide is to right click in an open spot in the bin, and then you can see the un-hide command.

Unless you know that you need to right click over nothing, you will never see nor find the option to un-hide your assets!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Importing a lumetri look preset is occasionally freezing

When choosing a custom Look preset in Lumetri Color panel, the "popup" window just "disappear" sometimes, which leads to inactive premiere pro. It's happening roughly 1 of 5 times of browsing lumetri preset on single or dual monitor setup.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Poor Playback and Dropped Frames After 12.1.0 (Build 186) Update

Very poor playback of existing project created in 12.0 build after updating to 12.1.0 (Build 186). Dropped frames even when playing back at 1/8 resolution. Used to have smooth playback and no dropped frames at full resolution playback on non-fully rendered 4K sequence. Now same sequence on same computer, will not playback smoothly and is dropping frames even with fully rendered sequences. No other system changes. Nearly impossible to edit now. What is causing this?

Dell Inspiron 15 7577
    Sources: Panasonic GH5, 4K

UPDATED: Rolled back to prior release v12.0 and these issues went away. Performance back to normal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lumetri color to have opacity slider and blending mode on each section

so that you could mix all of them together. I would probably isolated all the sliders together. At least when you're in single mode.
    Also would be much easier if all lumetri sections could be replacable, which is under or over which.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More Keyboard Shortcuts for Comparison View

We can assign a keyboard shortcut for the Comparison view, although only to activate it, not to change one to the other options.
    I would like to have keyboard shortcuts for each comparison mode.

I’ve assigned a shortcut for toggling Comparison View on and off. Unfortunately, this shortcut only works when the Program Monitor is the active panel. Why is that a good thing?

Please change this, so that toggling Comparison view on/off - and switching between its modes - works no matter what panel is active (ECP, EGP, Lumetri Color, Timeline are the most important).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Media Labels with both Master / Local control

In the same manor you can apply an effect to the master instance of a clip or apply it to an individual clip on the timeline, I would like to have the option to change the label color on a piece of media and have the option of pushing that change to all instances of that media present in all sequences within the project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Slip Roll Transitions

Would love to be able to slip roll transitions like you could in Final Cut 7

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Parametric EQ for 5.1 Clips

Allow the use of the Parametric EQ effect on 5.1 clips.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proxy Editing

Proxies created from cameras have the audio shifted. The proxies that Premiere Pro makes does not really reduce the size as well as the camera made proxy can.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recent transition

Right-click on the edge of a clip show at least 3 recent transitions used. show in the last order used so you don't need to search again on the Effects tab for common-use transitions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right Click Issues with Dual Monitors

When using the interface in the sequence I am having issues with the right click. Right click on left window and menu appears on right window. When I switch my windows the right click will work then later down the road I will have to switch screens again to have the right click work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Essential Graphics template, Quote Box, not accepting text

Hello,

I hope that this reaches the right people at Adobe.

The template 'Quote Box' in Essential Graphics appears to have a bug and is not accepting text for the main text box.

The 'author' text input works perfectly but the main window does not accept typed text or text that has been copied and pasted.

Clicking 'Align Right Text' brings up the user text but it is right justified. Trying to rectify this by clicking 'Align Text Center' or 'Align Text Left' brings new problems displaying the template.

Please fix.

Thanks in advance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hiding / showing layers and tracks

Please let us turn on and off visibility of tracks (and layers in the graphics panel) like in Photoshop, by running the mouse pointer over several tracks at once, instead of having to click each one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 12.1.1 Interpret Footage bug

When importing 29.97p stock footage made in Quicktime Photo JPEG format, changing frame rate to 23.976p through the interpret footage command results in skipped and repeated frames. I haven't seen the problem yet in other formats or frame rates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Handling of Linked After Effects Compositions

I'm getting a serious crash when dragging linked comps in the Project window. These comps were generated by PP using "Replace with After Effects Composition" then edited externally, and were also renamed in that After Effects composition. They were also organised into new folders in the Project window inside the host AE file.

Dynamic Link is causing this crash, but how much freedom to we have to actually edit dynamically-linked assets?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default audio channels - based on filetype

Import audio channels based on the filetype. For example, mxf's can be set to import as mono, but mp4's to stereo. Or wav's as mono and mp3 as stereo, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After Effects-style features

Small improvements inspired by After Effects:

1 Ability to stretch keyframes proportionately like when alt-dragging in AE.

2 Temporarily enable the Hand tool by holding down a key when you are working in the Program Monitor.

3 Nudge position of graphics with arrow keys within a Premiere-made Essential Graphics clip.

4 Add Keyframe button within the Essential Graphics panel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 12.1.1 issues - link media fail and dark, posterized lumetri.

After updating to 12.1.1 random clips in every project we opened are failing to link to their media. The file is there but it shows up offline. When you try to link to the original file you get a message to say that the file isn't actually in use(!) and if you agree, the app then deletes the (offline) file from your sequence which you can't undo.

The second major issue for me is that I have to turn off (my simple) lumetri edits in the effects panel just to see the shots on the canvas. Lumetri is failing to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: two images below a title, bottom image invisible

During playback, when placing a title over two images on the timeline tracks, the lower image or color matte is invisible both in playback and in encore export. It will show sometimes in playback, but export always removes the lowest png image.

Using latest updated version, Windows 7 64, Dell T5600 w/ Quadro 5000.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Embed external LUT files when exporting a Lumetri .look or .cube

I often times purchase LUT files as a starting point for color correction. However, I have discovered that if I try to share my lumetri settings with a different editor or move my project to a new workstation, I need to bring the external LUT I originally applied with me, apply it first, then apply an exported .look or .cube. It would make collaboration and matching much easier if when using a combination of third party LUTS and lumetri settings, upon exporting those settings the LUT travels with the exported file, making it a true drag and drop solution moving…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base