Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data linking in MOGRTs for Premiere Pro broken

data driven workflows no longer work in Premiere Pro since 13.1.x releases.

MOGRTs exported from After Effects containing tsv data no longer pass data values when being read by Premiere Pro.

Premiere can see the data layer and see the values in the data layer when browsing the data. but none of the values are used by the MOGRT in the timeline. All examples of data in MOGRTs from AE 16.1.x are no longer working in PP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy/paste, select multiple, move multiple captions as if working with clips in timeline

it would be great if you could work with captions as you do with clips of footage in the timeline. Copy/paste, select multiple, move multiple captions just working with clips. Instead, we can only work with the entire caption layer, have to cut it separately if we want to move it about independently from the other captions. Let the timecodes adjust on their own if the captions move in the timeline. Don't give the captions layer its own timecode.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you test updates before launching them? Community would really appreciate it.

Support for H.265 D-log for DJI drones is all the sudden not supported and I have to convert in Encoder to import my clips now.

Crashing all the time now, I have lost over 4 hours of work at this point due to random crashing since I updated to the 13.1.3

I pay over $50 a month to you guys to get this right, my work relies on this.

Are you guys ever going to get yourselves together or are you going to wait till Davinci Eclipses you and everyone leaves? They are on the edge of killing adobe for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do test, thanks.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

4. Caption

Can you add in the caption editor a letter-spacing, also referred to as tracking.
    Is it difficult?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. captions

When importing captions via an .srt file, the dimensions are incorrectly swapped by Premiere. (For example, I export a .srt file from another application at 3840x2160 pixels, but it imports into premiere as 2160x3840px and has to be manually interpreted in order to be corrected

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere 13 has incorrect timecode for Sony a7sII clips

Premiere 13 has been exporting broken XMLs that don't work in Premiere 12 or Resolve. I finally figured out why: look at the source window monitor on the left (Premiere 12) and on the right (Premiere 13). 10 seconds and some frames off. Resolve lines up with Premiere 12's timecode.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the Subtitle-Feature

The subtitle feature is exactly what I have been waiting for for ages...if it wasn't so fundamentally broken.

Please fix the following bugs & problems:
    - Text not updating in program-window when you changed it (even after cache-clearing)
    - Text not updating when you move a subtitle to a different time on subtitle clip (still shows text where it shouldnt be anymore)
    - Subtitles changing position on screen after a restart of the program despite position on Subtitles-Window being the same.
    - Problem with Fonts: Most non-standard fonts tend to be too low for the black box, almost hanging out…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Caption Settings do not take unless you quit and restart.

Caption settings have been buggy for a while, but in Premiere Pro 2018 (v13.x) they don't even take unless you save your project, quit Premiere, and then start it again.

Setup:
    - macOS 10.14.1
    - Open Premiere Pro CC
    - Import a video (I'm working with MP4's)
    - Import a caption file (I'm working with DFXP)
    - Move both to the Timeline and match them up (audio to captions) as needed.
    - In the Timeline, click on the captions
    - Open the Captions panel
    - Right click on the first caption and then Select All
    - Enter your settings... my…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop trying to use just CC as the version name

The first version after CS6 was CC, then you started adding the release year. Now in 2018 you've dropped the year and are just calling it CC again. This is really confusing. Just leave the numbers on the name. There was nothing wrong with that.

If you really don't want to use the year, at least include the program version number. There needs to be something there so we can keep track of what's installed.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BIG PROBLEMS with Premiere in Videoserver surroundings

Work on stability and performance! Big Problems with working in videoserver surroundings, like Editshare. We are thinking to change to DaVinci Resolve. Our customer is a german automobile company with a turnover of 97 billion dollars 2018.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Waveforms not showing up

Waveforms disappearing at different zoom levels or not showing up at all. This has been an issue for countless versions now. Please figure it out!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Several bugs with captions in Premiere Pro; AME won't render captions

Captions are very difficult to work with in PP. Why can I not change the format of all captions at once? I have to click each individual caption to change the format. I also wish captions had import settings, they default to 10000fps/SD size when importing into an HD project. Media Encoder just doesn't want to render open captions even when "burn captions" is selected. Bugs wise, all kinds of problems, for example, captions are not updated to reflect new styles applied or changes to the text. Captions on different tracks not appearing when track is made visible, etc. So…

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. mouse courser disappearing when editing open captions

when editing the close captions the mouse courser is disappearing and editing cannot continued. the software needs to be closed and re open

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove/Merge duplicate clips

Often through importing sequences from other projects you find yourself with two identical clips in your project. Some way to merge these two identical clips into one clip would be outstanding and help keep projects from getting messy.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit text in Essential Graphics panel

Would be great If I could just double click on the text in the "Essential Graphics" panel and change the text there instead of trying to select it in the Program Monitor.

If the text is really small or have like 10% opacity it takes a lot of extra time, trying to zoom in the Program Monitor, change to the type tool and then select the text.

(Also, sometimes I accidentally move it in the Program Monitor when trying to select it.)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of PrPro CC 2020 (14.0), you can double click on a Text Layer in the EGP and the whole string will become text-editable in the Program Mon (PM). So you can just type new characters in that way without having to locate your text in the PM.

Also, there is a keyboard shortcut. Press Opt + Cmd + ’ (mac) or Ctrl + Alt + ’ (win) and your selected text layer will become highlighted for edit.

Finally, for shapes and clip layers, you can now click on the layer name in the EGP Layers pane and edit the name inline there.

This may not be exactly the feature you had in mind, but as you can see, there are some good new options for changing source text and layer names from right inside the EGP.

16. Improve Closed Captions Functionality.

Below are some featues/ bugs and suggested improvements I've come up with.

• If you add a new caption, you shouldn't have to go into the closed captions display settings and enable them just to see them. It should automatically show them when they are created and a pop up should appear when a conflicting caption is made.

• There should be a warning pop up when a frame rate requirement of the caption format doesn't match the sequence settings.

• Would be great if there were an auto caption feature.

• Default captions should be set as "open captions"…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug report: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

I just tried to import a file PM4 file from my Xiaomi Yi 4K+ and I am getting this nasty error: File Import Failure. The importer reported a generic error. ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) and ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    I am using PC Windows 10 Pro. However, I have another laptop running the previous version of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and there works fine. Please fix that nasty bug!!! I cannot use my files on the main PC!!!

I am including test video file and 2 screenshots. Try this footage as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gud6tbatwad0vl8/YI024701.mp4?dl=0

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We need a way to mass edit captions/subtitles!

We need a way to be able to edit ALL lines from an imported .srt file at the same time...

like formatting the background, font, size, placement... all at the same time.
    (As opposed to currently where we need to do one line at a time)

Depending on the change needed and the talking speed of the speaker... It takes at least 30s-90s per minute of video to edit them one line at time...

which is a huge waste of time!

Please implement this functionality... it's should be too hard to fix from a software engineering point of view.

and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Please see Nate’s comments. As he says, if this isn’t working as intended, please submit either a specific enhancement request or separate bug.

20. Caption window

When adding a new caption, focus jumps back to first line.
    Focus should stay on new blank caption to avoid unnecessary scrolling.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base