Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 36 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

We hear you on the overall sentiment, though – please come back and either look at the other requests already filed and vote for them, or enter a specific request or bug report if it’s not on user voice yet.

Thanks
    Patrick

2. Designate a folder to import to

When importing anything through the media browser, media/assets always go to the last folder that you had active. I want to be able to designate a folder that everything gets imported to (it was called "Set Logging Bin" in FCP 7).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP PUBLISHING UPGRADES WITH BUGS

EVERY **** TIME YOU UPGRADE, SOMETHING BREAKS.

this time:
    1) PS Type 1 fonts don't work
    2) Can't relink files to clip references

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The multicam editing situation is a **** disaster

Shame on you for creating the latest multi-cam disaster! Audio channels get turned off and we have to move them from ch 1 to ch 2 then ch 3.

I'm a very experienced Producer/Editor and have NEVER SEEN A NIGHTMARE LIKE THIS.

The developers are second rate at best and if I wasn't forced to use Premiere Pro I would throw the entire into the garbage where it belongs.

I dare you to meet up wit qualified editors and actually listen to us.

If I was VP of tech, I'd get rid of the whole lot

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Eric,

while I’m always happy to take a beating if something goes wrong, I’ll ask you to think twice about what you just wrote here: do you truly believe that the issue you’re facing would justify calling an entire group of highly qualified and passionate engineers second rate?

They’re all on customer visits all the time, and it’s for good reason.

If you wanna help creating a better experience for everyone using the product, please come back and file your bug reports, and we’ll see what we can make actionable. But please shy away from broad and, frankly, wild accusations.

Patrick

5. Make Premiere Stable FIRST, Bring Joy Back to Editing.

I started using Premiere way back in version 5.0/5.1. I left Premiere for Avid in 2000 as it was a total pain to edit with and was not reliable at all. When I returned to using Premiere in 2012 I expected it would have improved stability, but that isn’t the case. Premiere today is plagued by constant bugs and inconstant performance between Macs and Pcs. I only use Premiere now because the place I work for mandates it. I do not use Premiere by choice, and should my manager ask I would strongly recommend moving away from Premiere. As an…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

We hear you on the overall sentiment, though – please come back and either look at the other requests already filed and vote for them, or enter a specific request or bug report if it’s not on user voice yet.

Thanks
    Patrick

6. Work on stabilty!

Work on stability!!!
    I must rastart this app 10 times for hour!
    Great job!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I hear you on the desire to focus on quality, this kind of feedback is non-actionable for the team. Please come back with specific reports on issues you’re facing (or vote for the stability reports already on user voice if they apply to you).

Thanks
    Patrick

7. Downloadable Offline Update

Give us an option to download update for offline install so whenever you decided to give us your stupid buggy update we would have the option to install or uninstall that particular stupid update. We wont get scewed anymore with an offline update.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 12.1.1 Build 10 - BUG TO FIX

Auto backup to creative cloud stops working after a number of saves. It says to check permissions but the only fix I can find is to move the backed up file from the creative cloud files, or save the project under a different name, and then it starts saving again. Is there a reason why the permissions change after a number of saves?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. high priority

Please let me set the option to what priority to run Adobe programs on Windows. High Priority doesn't work well on my system.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We value ALL feedback, but there is nothing actionable for us here so I need to close this.

In case you missed my ‘how-to’ comment within: The Type Tool is in the toolbar, right under the hand tool. It looks like a “T”. Click in the Program Monitor (PM) with the Type Tool to add text. Use the Selection (arrow) Tool to reposition, rotate, scale or move its anchor point in the PM. Use the Essential Graphics panel for all other things.

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Several Features.

• Show in Source Monitor duplicate frames of a clip in timeline

• Warp Stabilizer and Speed to work in the same clip

• Save and auto-save in background without stoping with the editing.

• Solo video tracks

• Analize Warp Stabilizer when Rendering if needed or show a warning of the need to analize.

• Add a couple of recent used transition by right clicking in the edge of a clip. Also a search box for transitions in the same contextual menu.

• FX/Transition Timeline Search Box by pressing a key (Like Ctrl+Spacebar) of by default the shortcut Shift…

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this is a long list full of good ideas, I’ll have to close this request for the reasons already mentioned by Reg: a list isn’t actionable for us, it doesn’t help us to create priorities based on what most people want the most.

As the creator of this list seems to be no longer on the platform, it’s likely that individual requests won’t be entered unless YOU, the other 74 people who voted for the list, create individual items that you care about the most.

if you feel like all of them are equally important you’re kind of setting yourself up for becoming a beta tester moving forward. I’d be happy to discuss this opportunity with you – send me a private message if that’s the case.

Thank you
    Patrick

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it stable

I'm tired of being a beta tester. Your software is not stable or reliable. I don't care about all of the new features you add. If it crashes constantly and major fundamental aspects of the software don't work, you new features don't matter.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. QT on PC

So you've killed support for a bunch of QT formats on PC, and provided no way to transcode those files? You should be in the airline business with customer care like that. My company has multiple TB of files in various QT formats and you're basically asking us to use competitor's software. Challenge accepted!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. make it work... plz

make your program work...

plz thx

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is CS6 I can't find a way to save a Dissolve or Film Dissolve custom preset. Much needeed.

In CS6 I can't find a way to save a Dissolve or Film Dissolve custom preset. Much needed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Open Premiere Without Creating Project

I like how you can start working in After Effects without creating and saving a project first. Sometimes I just want to quickly open a Premiere timeline to test a clip or an effect without creating a project file. Without this ability, I find myself having to create a bunch of 'test' prproj files that clutter my hard drive.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DaVinci

Premiere needs a more powerful color workflow, such as Davinci Resolve.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base