Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

296 results found

1. Add a function that enables to change style (font, colour, etc) of multiple titles in just one place

...instead of getting into each title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title...

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Lumetri - Make all panels individual effects

For example if I want to use a curve prior to adding an input LUT, this would be useful. It can currently be done with the obsolete effects but new effects should be added up to date with the Lumetri ones.

Another use is adding multiple secondaries.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Captions crashes often. Multiple bugs in captions.

The captions system is VERY buggy:
    1. It's crashed Premieremultiple times.
    2.It has frozen the movement ( but not buttons) on my mouse.
    3. It can only display frames not time code.
    4 Pasting into the IN and Out boxes doesn't always work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Productions - Disable project-locking for media imports?

I am very excited to implement Productions into my collaborative Premiere workflow. This Adobe article describes perfectly the Media Project > Timeline Projects hierarchy I wish to implement: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/how-clips-work-inside-production.html

^ This article does NOT address how editors working simultaneously can import media into the production, in the likely event that another editor currently has that Media Project open. In order to keep ALL MEDIA in one dedicated project, I feel project-locking would need to be disabled for that project. Otherwise, editors would be constantly opening and closing the MEDIA PROJECT to import assets along the way.

MY DREAM is to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function.

Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function. If Final Cut Pro 7 had it (and it did, and it was very useful) why on earth does Premiere Pro not have it???? This function lets you import generically named camera footage (0001.mov, etc) and then, once you are able to view and identify clips with a better non-generic and unique name (such as Scn7Tk4 or Johnb-roll_01, for example) you can rename the media files to match. This is especially important when one encounters a project in which there or multiple instances of a generically…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Slower release schedule with more stable software

I would like to see a toned down release schedule with much fewer bugs going to release and much longer support for legacy project files (at least 3 years backwards compatibility) . It's very difficult to keep up in post production with so many buggy releases and project files becoming outdated so quickly.

253 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

As I’ve mentioned in the comments section, release schedule and stability are not linked in any way, but your point about quality concerns is well taken, and the same is true for version compatibility – which is potentially actionable for us, and you can vote for it here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34195036-please-stop-making-it-so-difficult-to-work-with-di

Thanks
    Patrick

7. "Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track"

This is NOT "COMPLETED". The problem still persists with this latest build. Please, please get this thing sorted. This program is becoming worse than useless for professionals.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  8. Write Warp Stabilizer data to external file

Warp Stabilizer is known for its insane impact on project file size - right now I have a project with some stabilized footage, and the project file size is 850 MEGABYTES. It's crazy, and now imagine this thing autosaves every 10 minutes - it takes about a minute just to save it. This makes this plugin unusable. And the solution is pretty simple - keep stbilization data outsude of the project file, like other stabilization plugins do. The plugin should create an external file for stabilization data in the project folder, and update it only when reanalyzing footage. I guess…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Instant Auto Save

Premiere Pro needs the option to save every keystroke, every edit, every change we make in our project instantly and continuously to the hard drive so that crashes will never again cause lost work.

708 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  10. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  11. Keep my Timeline whenever I Save my project

So multiple times, when I saved my project, it has taken all my small clips that i have meticulously edited, and have several different effects for, Adobe has turned it all into one big clip, essentially erasing my work and doesn't give me the option, if I was not done with the project of re editing or changing anything. It is truthfully one of of the most terrible and stupidest things I have ever experienced using any kind of program and it makes me feel stupid for paying for Adobe.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix bugs on latest release

Bugs need immediate fixing for latest release. Can't export due to glitches with graphic images after 4.18 update. Crashing multiple times a day. Not hearing audio unless solo-ed. Not importing clips with video. Not linking back to clips and getting an "unsupported" error". Losing productivity at work- help!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: when setting a adjustment layer to 0% height premiere crashes.

BUG REPORT:
    When setting an adjustment layer to 100% width and 0% height (to start automation) premiere crashes.
    Tried 5 times. Always crash at that point.
    I use an Lumteri effect on the adjlayer and an gausion blur of 37.

Also rendering older projects with this setting gives an crash in the encoder. So I am not able to work with my old projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

We’ve tested; the crash doesn’t occur in current Premiere Pro builds, mac or windows, given the steps provided.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

14. For the Essential Graphics Text style, style preset windows like Legacy Title.

The style presets in the Legacy title were very easy to see and use.

The only way to display the Essential Graphics text styles is to show the icons in the project panel. We need a dedicated panel for styles that is easier to use.

The styles are managed on a project-by-project basis, so when you create a new project, the styles you've been using are no longer available.

Styles should be available at all times.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルのために、レガシータイトルのようなスタイルプリセットウインドウがほしい。

レガシータイトルのスタイルプリセットはすごく見やすくて、使いやすかった。

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルは、プロジェクトパネルにアイコン表示する方法しかない。もっと使いやすいスタイル専用のパネルが必要。

プロジェクトごとの管理なので、新規プロジェクトを作ると、今まで使っていたスタイルが使えなくなる。

スタイルはいつでもに使える状態にして欲しい。

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Pro disappearing project files

Premiere Pro has completely lost 4 of my project files. All footage is still there and the .prproj files and autosaves have completely disappeared. Evidence of the files existing are in the media cache but the projects are no where on any of my local drives or desktop or recyclying bin or from a recovery programme.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  17. new update is not working on my win10

been a while since i opened premiere pro. But After the lastest update, I am having this issue: I can open old projects, but I can not play the sequence, nor can i play clips in premier pro. (the clips are fine, I checked)

so I tried create new project, and still having this issue: squence not playable, nor can I play clips.

what can I do?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Admin →
  18. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2* have several problems.

(*Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if the…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Performance Problems

For a supposedly "professional" program, Premiere Pro takes entirely too long to load and crashes too much. AT BEST, it performs like a low level prosumer program from the mid 2000s. I understand large projects place a heavy demand on a program, but it should be built to withstand intensive video editing. It's features are fine, but it's performance is severely amateurish and needs a drastic overhaul. Just make a better product.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base