Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Show creation date information for sequences created.

Include a creation date for sequences. Could this be a column in the metadata display?

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Batch Audio Syncing.

Merging Clips to audio one at a time is much too slow, this comes especially true if I sound files are delivered in .wav folders as opposed to polywavs and I need to subclip those together.

It would be nice to be able to make multiple different sub clips at the same time based on time code. Avid does this feature incredibly well and premiere needs to step up to the plate.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When exporting sections of a sequence as TGA sequence the frame numbers are kept the file name.

When exporting a TGA sequence in batches from the same sequence, the filenames currently reset at Filename_0000.TGA. It makes sense to keep the name of the frames being exported instead of starting at 0000 again. Current workaround is to export batches into seperate folders and then batch rename each set.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Opening Metada panel causes freeze crash spinning beach ball

Merely opening the Metadata panel keeps causing premiere to freeze with a spinning beach ball (mac).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi-group naming

Multi-group naming currently has 3 options:
    Video Clip Name +
    Audio Clip Name +
    Custom

I'd like to be able to pick any metadata category for automatic naming of my multi-groups. Scene, tape name, description - any metadata you'd like to use. This would be very helpful and save a lot of time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Correct your AS-11 DPP metadata

Files are flagged incorrectly as Full when they are legal I cannot deliver to UK broadcasters from Premiere Pro 13.0.2!!! That's Mental!!!!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable bin columns (and properties and track names and timeline) to show ixml data from audio files (track content)

Currently have to delve into metadata, find ixml, open folder for Track List, open folder for each track to get the track info.

Should turn up when right-clicking clip and 'reveal properties', AND as track names in source monitor AND as an optional text item on timeline clip once edited into timeline. This is golddust metadata.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Batch renaming ingest settings

In the ingest Preset settings there is an option to do File Rename which would be great if when I'm creating QuickTime ProRes proxies it could also add a custom or just date and time. I thought that's what the setting did, but support have just told me it's been discontinued.

So often I have lots of the same file numbers and end up with loads of the same file names with Proxy after it, e.g. C006_proxy.mov

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG REPORT | Rating Metadata Column Missing Data

After having gone through my entire project's media, entering the descriptions and ratings, and saving multiple times along the way, I reopened the Premiere file to find that nearly all of the data that I had entered into the Rating column has completely disappeared. Not only are the ratings gone, but the ability to enter new ratings is also impossible because the stars themselves have also disappeared.

This project was opened on a Late 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132) with a 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB DDR3, and an AMD FirePro D700 6 GB graphics…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Batch Audio Syncing like pluraleyes

I often record audio separate from my in camera audio and sync them in post. Sometimes after a day of interviews I have lost track of which audio clips go with which video. I want to lasso all my video and audio clips and hit a sync button to match them all up with one another. If this could be done in Prelude that would be great as well.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Batch Change Sequence Starting Timecode

Would be super if you could highlight multiple sequences and make them all start at the same timecode.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bins don't bring up custom views on restart

I have a custom bin view that includes headings I created using Add Properties in the Metadata Display window. I saved this bin configuration as a Custom setting, but each day, upon launching Premiere, that bin does not contain those custom (Add Properties) columns. Choosing the custom bin name from the pulldown menu in the Metadata Display window always restores those columns and their contents, but shouldn't they appear automatically?

Martin

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort sequences by modification date (not creation date)

It would be extremely helpful to have modification date/time metadata listed for sequences. Currently, this metadata only exists for media in the project. This has been an issue for a very long time now, and most other editing applications have this feature. It's especially crucial when a different editor takes over someone else's project or is referencing an older project. Please make this feature available, we would be so incredibly grateful! Thank you!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More audio metadata in bin columns (like Avid)

Reposting so I can add a file to show the info available in Avid, in the bin.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save thumbnails cache for project panel thumbnail view

The processing of thumbs at each opening of the project is really distressing. I would like to have the option to save these metadata at disk for faster start.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. merge clips

Hi I really like how merge clips work, but hope to see some improvement along the way.
    1. Audio metadata. Can we have a better workflow for sound post-production as to syncing using merge clips without losing any audio metadata?
    2. In the preview area, if a merged clip is used in sequences, there's no "video/audio used in xx times" indicator (like a normal clip).
    3. I guess just generally treat merged clips as a regular clip?
    Thank you!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sorting Clips in Timeline...

It would be amazing if there was an ability to select all the clips in a sequence timeline and be able to sort by the same metadata that is in the project bin.

Currently, I have to select all the clips drag it back into the project window in a new bin, sort it the way I want and then re drag it back into the timeline.

Having the ability to sort footage within the timeline by different metadata would be amazing

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Workspace settings do not retain certain settings

When creating a new project, or switching from another workspace, some workspace settings are not recovered.
    These include:
    PROJECT PANEL: Bin Metadata, Order, Column widths
    TIMECODE PANEL: Size, Selected preset

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Batch export EDLs, XMLs, or OMFs.

As a spot editor, I'm often preparing several sequences at once for color grading, mixing, and online editing. It would be a huge timesaver to be able to select multiple prepared sequences and choose an "export as..." option for all of them. The way it is now is very time-consuming, having to choose a destination path (often the same one) for each export.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base