Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Batch export EDLs, XMLs, or OMFs.

As a spot editor, I'm often preparing several sequences at once for color grading, mixing, and online editing. It would be a huge timesaver to be able to select multiple prepared sequences and choose an "export as..." option for all of them. The way it is now is very time-consuming, having to choose a destination path (often the same one) for each export.

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version

Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version. Please fix it! Lots of complaints on Forums in Adobe Community as well, i.e. the problem is clearly documented:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Metadata-writing-in-progress-n-files-pending-error/td-p/4433360

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Batch Autosync and merge clips

In Avid Media Composer there is a auto sync option to just let you select all the video and audio clips in a bin with matching timecode and and hit "auto sync". This one click can batch generate merge clips(subclips) from those files PLUS automatically trim the head/tails of the audio clips to match the length of the video, resulting in a bunch of clean and ready to be edited clips.

Can we incorporate this in Premiere Pro please? I always work with large quantities of clips. Even though it's quite convenient to just hit merge clip on one pair…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow batch merge audio via timecode

When dual system audio has been recorded with jam sync timecode to the camera, merging the clips together should be doable in one action. There should be no need to select each pair of clips as the software will be able to easily identify which clips go together. Enable it so that I can select a whole bin full of audio and video clips, select merge via timecode and it figures it out and creates the merged clips. Media Composer and Resolve both do this.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Metadata Display and search functions in Productions

Just like in regular Projects, the Productions main window MUST support better search functions. We need to be able to add descriptions, comments or tags on the many folders (or even the unique Projects inside Productions main window).

Working on massive documentaries or long-format projects, the search function is crucial - and being able to navigate, search and find things FROM THE PRODUCTIONS WINDOW - which will then point you to the project where the information you're searching is located - is absolutely necessary.

Think of a documentary. You've done a lot of logging, notes, comments and tags on clips.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9: Batch Render In/Out BUG

There is a BUG with Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9. Selecting multiple sequences in project window, then "render in to out" successfully renders all sequences.

However, render files are lost, or deleted, or missing, or magically vanished if exiting Premiere Pro CC 2019 after completion and saving project.

The renders ONLY remain intact if a user modifies each and every single timeline that was rendered in some fashion, then plays portions of each and every timeline. Timelines turn "GREEN" after render completes. And unless they are modified in some fashion, will be "RED" when reopening project.

This was…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to be able to see my mark in and out points in a sequence in the bin metadata.

I would be much easier to set consistent in and out points when exporting multiple sequences, it also avoids opening each sequence to check mark in points. I theory it should be an option to add to the metadata display.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Batch Change Sequence Starting Timecode

Would be super if you could highlight multiple sequences and make them all start at the same timecode.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make more metadata columns the same type as "Description," "Log Comment/Note".

I'm working on a feature and have been encountering an issue where if I have to replace the media that I'm working with, I lose all the metadata from the "Script" tab (i.e. "Scene Setting," "Time of Day", "Camera Angle"). These are necessary bits of information that I need in order to cut the film, and if there's a problem down the road where I need to replace the original media files (i.e. if a LUT was accidentally applied via Resolve and I need to re-export and replace that media), I lose all of that data. I've played with every…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hey! I would really appreciate to be able to see the video source original bitrate in the metadata display in the project panel.

Hey! I would really appreciate to be able to see the video source original bitrate in the metadata display in the project panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show creation date information for sequences created.

Include a creation date for sequences. Could this be a column in the metadata display?

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Batch renaming ingest settings

In the ingest Preset settings there is an option to do File Rename which would be great if when I'm creating QuickTime ProRes proxies it could also add a custom or just date and time. I thought that's what the setting did, but support have just told me it's been discontinued.

So often I have lots of the same file numbers and end up with loads of the same file names with Proxy after it, e.g. C006_proxy.mov

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results

Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)

I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.

Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.

Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.

It seems to be completely broken…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save thumbnails cache for project panel thumbnail view

The processing of thumbs at each opening of the project is really distressing. I would like to have the option to save these metadata at disk for faster start.

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG REPORT | Rating Metadata Column Missing Data

After having gone through my entire project's media, entering the descriptions and ratings, and saving multiple times along the way, I reopened the Premiere file to find that nearly all of the data that I had entered into the Rating column has completely disappeared. Not only are the ratings gone, but the ability to enter new ratings is also impossible because the stars themselves have also disappeared.

This project was opened on a Late 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132) with a 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64 GB DDR3, and an AMD FirePro D700 6 GB graphics…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Batch “Create Multicam Source Sequence”

Currently I can only create a single multicam source sequence at a time. I frequently work on projects with multiple lengthy clips with 4+ Camera angles. Manually multicamming them all takes a long time. It would be nice to be able to queue up a bunch and walk away while they sync.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable bin columns (and properties and track names and timeline) to show ixml data from audio files (track content)

Currently have to delve into metadata, find ixml, open folder for Track List, open folder for each track to get the track info.

Should turn up when right-clicking clip and 'reveal properties', AND as track names in source monitor AND as an optional text item on timeline clip once edited into timeline. This is golddust metadata.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Creating batch sequences at the same time

Most of the times with so many clips we need to create several sequences at the same time but Premiere only permit to create once at a time. Would be great to be able to create several sequences from clips in just a second.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base