Skip to content

Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

13326 results found

1. "Replicate" Effect doesn't show with presets in the newer versions of Premiere Pro

The "Replicate" effect doesn't show with presets in the newer versions of Premiere Pro. Because of this most of my presets don't work anymore, please fix this in new updates. In older versions the "Replicate" effect does show but then you can't paste the transform attributes to a clip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alt-drag to replace clip/title on Timeline with another clip/title that's already ON THE TIMELINE

I would LOVE to be able to Alt-drag a clip or title from the TIMELINE onto another clip or title on the timeline to replace it! Being able to do this from the Project window or Source Monitor is great, but why not allow us to Alt-drag-replace a clip/title on the Timeline with another clip/title already on the Timeline? Seems like a very odd thing for Premiere Pro to be missing.

In order to decide which effects and Motion settings get preserved whenever both clips contain effects and/or motion settings, perhaps a second keyboard modifier could be introduced:

Alt-drag =…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Premiere playback laggy with M1 Ultra Mac Studio

Upgraded to the M1 Ultra Mac Studio(20core CPU, 48core GPU, 32 Neural Engine, 64GB ram running OS 12.5) and am experiencing slow playback performance. The footage is 4k 420 10bit H.265

I've been working on my 2018 PC (i9, GTX 1080, 32GB ram). I've had the PC for 4 years and am used to the performance it has with this footage. Opened the same project on my new M1 Ultra Mac studio, that's 4 years newer, more than twice the price, and significantly faster/more spec'd out, yet my PC is handling the footage better.

I've spoken with Adobe Care on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the performance you should be. I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers and a particular area of focus for me is formats and performance.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the HEVC files you're using (e.g., what camera they are from, what wrapper - .mov, .mxf - they are in)? Even better would be to share a project and its media that you're seeing the issue with. 

I'd be happy to get on a call with you to discuss the issue you're seeing but let's start with some basics and go from there.

Regards,

Fergus

4. Disable/Enable Toggle for Appending of Filename When Publishing

In version 22.3, the text " _Vimeo ", " _YouTube ", " _Facebook ", etc. are appended to the output filenames when using the Publish features.
    While this naming convention can surely refine the user experience and simplify the process, it should be optional. In terms of batch exporting/publishing, removing this text from the title is time-consuming and tedious.
    An option to disable/enable this feature for those who may or may not need it only seems logical.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MD5 checksum and modification date change constantly for Sony MP4 files

There appears to be a very serious issue with Sony MP4 files in both Premiere Pro 22.6.2 and 23.1.0 beta build 20. I have done tests with macOS Monterey. I don't know whether the same issues are present on Windows, but I expect Adobe QA engineers to figure this out, as they do a root cause analysis.

Simply switching from Premiere Pro to Finder in macOS and back, makes the MD5 checksum and modification date change. This breaks all concepts of data integrity, and is causing major issues for any media asset management system that use MD5 checksums to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Project Window

The updated UI for a New Project" is so much more cumbersome. Please give us the option to switch back to the original window. This new look is actually more time consuming, because it's spreed out across the screen.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. UPGRADE LUMETRI COLOR | offset wheel?

The colorist's work lacks a global color offset ring to balance the frame. Currently, there is no possibility to quickly adjust the white balance without any effort in the presence of an offset wheel in the color panel (screenshot attached). When to appear and how long to wait? This is an incredibly necessary addition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new update is horrible

This new Import/Edit/Export set up that came with the newest update is awful. It clumsy, cumbersome, convoluted, and unnecessarily complicated. I understand how it works top to bottom and I can confidently say this is the worst update Premiere has ever received. Before this update, everything was accessible and streamlined (especially when creating a project or exporting a video), now I have to click a bunch of tabs and buttons to get it do something that was previously accomplished with a few key strokes. I keep seeing in past similar comments that Adobe did this because their research said it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring back change color and change to color

I just upgraded to an m1 computer to find that change to color and color change has been removed.

I create hundreds of edits for an ecomm company and I don't have time to sit there and color through lumetri color. Those 2 effects were so simple and easy and made doing a quick color change effortless

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a "Reveal in Sequences" option in the Project media bin

Just like you have a "Reveal in Project" option for a clip on a sequence, have a "Reveal in Sequences" option in the project media bin.

And this Feedback system is rather clunky

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Batch Syncing Audio & Video with or without timecode

There should be a way to batch sync videos from multiple cameras and audio sources (even if they don't have timecode and even if they are in a regular sequence and not a multi cam sequence (like when shooting interviews). Doing them clip by clip on the timeline is tedious. Would love to be able to drop clips on a timeline, select all, and sync without putting every single clip on its own track.

Maybe Premiere could move clips to a new track automatically when necessary (and perhaps be smart about it so that if it does move clips to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There is a bug with captions

In the past month, I've edited 60 videos with captioning. The captioning feature works pretty well. However, I happened to notice that the captioning was bleeding over to the next frame - only with frames for which I removed the sound.

Just an fyi. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly? But now, I have to go back and correct the caption bleed for 60 videos... Ick...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Heavy artifacts when exporting from to h264 on MacBook Pro M1 Pro

Issues when exporting in h264 using a MacBook Pro M1.
    Timeline is mainly footage in h264/h265.

The same problem doesn't occur on other machines (PC or intel-based MacBook Pro)

This seems to be an ongoing issue for many people.

Maximum render quality doesn't fix it
    Premiere 22.4.0 (beta) doesn't fix it either.

Please solve this as soon as possible.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Easier transcripting in Premiere Pro, equal to PreLude.

We are, in NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting company), working on several big documentary-projects, where transcripting interviews is key to keep an overview of all the interviews and quotes. PreLude, which is a discontinued application, had a good workflow in using the playback-features on an interview while writing the transcript. In Premiere Pro, this is more complicated because we have to stop the video, open the "Comment Marker"-window, write, close the window and play the video again, as in PreLude you could do all this at the same time. If this function was available in Premiere Pro as well, we too could…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import function not intuitive with more steps to accomplish the same task.

The new import function defaults to all files in a folder being selected. I do not find any way to deselect other than one at a time. Also, there is no file tree available on the left menu. I find the idea nice, but the execution is horrible. As always, Adobe has seen fit to make a simple task more complicated. Going back to 22.2

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2022 Nest Label Color changes to default if edits are made inside the Nest

I tested this in an older version of Premiere (15.4.1) and the behavior didn't occur there, so it seems to have come along more recently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH M1 MACS. PLAYBACK & EXPORT GLITCH

Major glitching issues in playback and exporting on Apple Silicon computers. I have an M1 24" iMac, and I've seen people with this same issue on other Silicon models. It seems to have to do with the SoC architecture of the M1 chips. Premiere is not able to fully recognize the GPU in the computer, and so it doesn't know how to properly handle the footage. This is a serious issue that creates unusable videos, and will cause many to move to FCP or Davinci if not solved. Thank you!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ability to delete transcript and replace

Once I have created my transcript automatically, I need to make corrections to some words that the AI misses. I am impressed with it most of the time, well done Adobe. It would be extremely useful if you could export the transcript, once corrected, then import it later, as the timing can change if edits are adjusted. This would then use the corrected transcript text, but sync it to the adjusted timing of the edit.
    Thank you for listening.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multichannel Mapping - Ability to change sequences

The ability to change multichannel mapping without having to re-create new sequences and redo all of your sequences!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New version(s) getting clunkier and QA is really going downhill

Really unimpressed as a long-time Premiere user and post-production online/offline editor with 20+ years of experience.

The workspaces seldom save correctly anymore and reloading layouts are hit and miss, as in very often my workspace layout load incorrectly or just completely wrong.

Timeline freezes and stutters when certain windows are next to each other but works fine when they are separated (who codes this stuff?).

Export window is trash, it's slow, unwieldy, counterintuitive and requires many more click to get the same job done as older version.

Graphics breakout window freezes and requires program restart (this is on a corei9…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base