Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: Mouse cursor disappears randomly

I've had to force quit Adobe Premiere Pro three times today after the cursor goes missing or freezes while editing. Changing to a space other than Premiere, the mouse is responsive, visible, and works. Switching back to Premiere, the cursor is unresponsive and missing.
    Using Creative Cloud for Mac. Macbook Pro 16". Premiere version 14.0.2 - just updated 02/20/20

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it so the media offline notification doesn't appear until AFTER Premire has finished loading up

Because of the yet to be solved bleeding media management issues with Premiere some projects can get large, over 100MBs, and be slow to open. Very slow. Naturally one might step away for a moment to let Premiere slowly do its thing, but it doesn't if something is offline. Rather than open the project as requested, it has to let you know something is offline first. Then you can wait again while your project slowly opens. Can this notice come after the project loads? It'd be more efficient and less invasive.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generating Peak Files should be Multi-threaded

Generating peak files is one of the slowest aspects of Premiere. Can we please make this process faster?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report - PP 2020 with BMD playing Arri Alexa Pro Red

Found the issue but cant fix it. The issue is with how Premiere handles Arri Alexa Pro Res files. I dont have the issue with other media or once it has been rendered to ProRes HQ.
    I have just confirmed that Adobe Premiere 2020 14.0.1 Does NOT work with Black Magic Designs products when working from Arri Alexa Pro Res Files. I tried other BMD devices and am getting the same results. Transmit to BMD devices creates flashes of green and playback that jumps forward and backwards rapidly. Repeatable.
    Premiere 2019 does work without issue. Something was broken in the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Premiere easier to use with a pen and tablet

Many of us use a pen and tablet instead of a mouse to help with hand/finger strain or carpal tunnel. But Premiere is not very easy to use with a pan - dragging very small scroll bars is awkward, and the interface is very prone to an accidental drag. Perhaps you could provide options?

1) Add a feature to lock a Workspace once set - just a toggle.
    2) Add a toggle to enable larger scroll 'elevators'/arrows/scrollbars
    3) Add a 'Scroll with drag' on/off toggle button. Once activated, you can drag-scroll a bin's contents anywhere on the screen without selecting…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FRAME.IO PLUGIN fix

Please fix frame.io plugin from syncing timelines! the newest release of premiere broke the frame.io extension from syncing comments to the sequence. I've reached out to them but they're trying to figure it out, and asked that I reach to you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjustment Layers for Audio Tracks

I would like to place an adjustment layer into an audio track so everything below it changes in volume or does whatever effect i want it to do. It is a better visual cue from bird eye view then using markers when it comes to keyframed audio effects, especially if i have to ripple visuals downstream but don't remember if my audio has effects on it or not (due to lack of visual cues).

Please develop this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time.

The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time. Of course, working on film, there's a physical cut to tell you where you were, and in Avid, and Final Cut 7, reloading a clip in the source monitor brings the playhead back to the last position. It's VERY time consuming to have to relocate your position each time you go back to a clip. When working your way through a scene, it's to have to find the spot where you were. It's like parking your car, and then it's not there when you go back.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro CC 2020 Bug Report: Cannot Export H.265 from Premiere

There's a very strange bug in Premiere Pro CC 2020 where I cannot export any video using the H.265 (HEVC) video codec in the Export Settings since it always generates an error message saying "Error Compiling Movie, Out of Memory, Exporter Selector 9, Error code: 7." Now when I export my video using the Media Encoder app in encodes and exports it perfectly, but in Premiere Pro CC 2020 apparently there's a bug in the code for H.265 where it won't export it. Definitely needs to be fixed in the next update ASAP because some people have been experiencing this…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve timeline waveforms to better show detail of audio content

Avid has two features that make it easier to edit audio ‘visually’
    a. The waveforms can be scaled vertically within the height of the timeline clip. Thus very quiet sections can be expanded. (PP uses linear or logarithmic scaling between ♾ and 0dBFS. Broadcast audio generally -25 to -10 so restricted to about 15% of track height)

b. The timeline waveforms in Avid are better defined, to my eye. They default to black on light grey too. For the exact same zoom I can better see where the beats are, where individual words, clicks & breaths are.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: lost frames when exporting RED RAW footage.

When exporting a video edited with RED RAW footage, sometimes I notice a 'lost frame' in the exported video (black frame). It could be anywhere in the video... sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Really frustrating.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audio waveforms not displaying correctly

When track effects are applied, then an audio nest is created (creating new sequences from clip for multi-cam workflow or any type of audio nest), the waveforms no longer display correctly after a cut or thru-edit is made. I've attached images for reference. Both images are from the same section of the timeline (before and after the thru-edits).

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please allow to nudge or move clips up and down on timeline symmetrically

so when you move a video clip up, the corresponding audio goes down. It would be very helpful

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export Frame is a different brightness in Premiere 2020

In Premiere 2020, when you export a frame from the timeline it is a different brightness/grade to the original (lighter). You see the jump when you put it back into the timeline.
    I use this feature all the time and it has never been a problem in any of the previous versions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please Improve Metal Support in macOS

Metal support in Premiere Pro 2020 is currently very bad. On a Radeon VII under macOS Catalina, I'm seeing encode times from a ProRes 4444 timeline to ProRes HQ output taking 45-50 minutes for a 4-minute piece. That same piece encoded in under 10-minutes using OpenCL. Additionally, native Adobe plugins that work fine in OpenCL give a red banner CPU warning under Metal. There is no RED SDK support either. Clearly Metal render support needs work, especially if OpenCL is being deprecated. Please improve Metal support under macOS in Premiere Pro and across all professional media creation applications. Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Afterburner Car support into Adobe Premiere

Add Afterburner Car support into Adobe Premiere

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2020 Multicam stuttering

Bug Report - When playing back a multicam in the timeline at double speed there is awful stuttering present after about 5 or 10 seconds of playback. I am using proxies and the same exact workflow as the 2019 version and this was not present in that version. This makes double speed editing a hassle when it it used to be seamless and efficient. Please fix.
    Windows 10, 32gb RAM, GTX1060, latest Nvidia Studio Drivers.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers.
    Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw
    We can see that this inside the .prproj XML :

<ClipLoggingInfo ObjectID="40" ClassID="77ab7fdd-dcdf-465d-9906-7a330ca1e738" Version="8">

<ClipName>A005_01231137_C004.braw</ClipName>
    <MediaInPoint>1577778048000000</MediaInPoint>
    <MediaOutPoint>1621427734080000</MediaOutPoint>
    <MediaFrameRate>10594584000</MediaFrameRate>
    <TimecodeFormat>110</TimecodeFormat>
    </ClipLoggingInfo>

is changed to this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →