Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Show in folder" button when finish export.

One thing I would like to see in Premiere Pro is when you finish exporting a video, to see the original file in File Explorer when finished. I think this is very helpful to me because I have to search the file by myself to upload it to a video website.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A low-level exeption occurred in: Adobe Player <Player:5) after todays update in Win 10.

A low-level exeption occurred in: Adobe Player <Player:5) win10 - now no preview!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "create new draft" button

It would be great to have the program quickly and cleanly create subsequent drafts of a project and/or sequences, like a "create new draft" button or something. That way, you can keep one project file instead of constantly duplicating it for each draft.

Now, if you wanted to keep the same project file, you have to duplicate all the sequences and sub-sequences, but mistakes still happen and you end up editing an old sequence by mistake. It gets clumsy and cluttered to re-save entirely new projects for each and every draft.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add 90degree batch rotation for importing vertical shot videos

Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore ALL file formats

I have seen countless posts of people requesting formats back. I would make a general inquiry to reinstate ALL previous file formats.

I get how the market works, I get how some formats might not be ideal or whatever. But as an editor, that should be OUR choice, why should Adobe decide what formats or codecs I am allowed to use? If you don't want to answer the questions in regards to older or less effective codecs and formats, just don't allow technical support for those specific items? Who thought it was a good idea to just remove them all…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. H.264 exporting out of sync

Consistently premier has been exporting out of sync only in H.264. Every other format exports in sync.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Properly import long RED files without duplicate clips.

Current Behavior: Whenever you import a long R3D file Premiere automatically groups the smaller "spanned" clips into a larger clip. If you import the clip via the media browser it works fine because the media browser will hide all but the first clip in a sequence. But if you try to import multiple folders(multiple cards, or days of footage.) Premiere will still group the clips, but it creates a full length master clip for each of the parts the the file was split into causing tons of duplicate clips.

The only work around is to manually recreate your folder structure…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ability to set poster frames on subclips.

there is an absolute need to be able to set poster frames on subclips. the fact that it doesn't work on subclips is counterproductive, and hinders the workflow. it simply is incomprehensible this is still not possible in Premier Pro 14.01

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Brand new Premiere Pro stuck at playback stop while playing on timeline and then it need wait for a long time.

Brand new Premiere Pro stuck at playback stop while playing on timeline and then it need wait for a long time. How come? I cannot edit with Premiere Pro right now. Please help me quickly. I need edit every day. I'm almost crazy to say something bad words.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template

After Effects version : 17.0.6
    Premiere Pro version : 14.1

I updated Premiere Pro and AE recently and started getting the error "Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template" when I tried to add an Essential Graphics template I made in After Effects to my sequence.

Template was made in a previous version, so I exported it again with the latest AE. Still getting that error, and it does it for every template I create.

I proceeded with a complete uninstall of Premiere Pro and AE, but it kept giving me an error after I installed them back.

I…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Green and black lines messing up video display while editing

Bug report: Green and black horizontal lines are totally messing up the video display when editing.

Some users have been able to fix the problem by rolling back graphics driver update. I don't have that option for Intel® HD Graphics 620.

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/gzk1r8/howcanisolvethisproblemblackandgreen/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Major Bug With Speed Ramping

There is a major issue with Speed Ramping in the latest version of Premiere Pro 2020. I am unable to play back a simple clip that has a speed ramp applied to it in real time without pre-rendering it. When trying to playback a clip that is speed ramped, it turns into a glitchy mess, and the remaining clips that follow never start playing as they should unless I pause and restart the playback. This was never an issue in Premiere Pro 2019. I have re-downloaded PP2019 where the issue is no longer present.

I have found that it seems…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. enable custom frame rate on export in premiere pro 2020

Please enable 'custom' frame rate option on export settings,
    so that users who are editing for example source footage
    coming from 8mm or 16mm based on frame rates like 16fps or 18fps,
    can export them to such frame rates or other.
    you can check the thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/export-18fps-sequence/td-p/10486209?page=1

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Skip new features for next release and focus only on bug fixes and speed issues

Focus only on bug fixes and performance will make a big announce to professional community !

Not only it will help adobe to gain back the trust with all users, it will send a strong message to the industry.

A lot of people are switching to other software, the time that took dev teams to fixes all the bugs is too long. On Premiere working on a advanced project that is longer than 8/10 minutes seems impossible now...

Many influencer and creative people are switching to Resolve as it gets better and better... as Phillip Bloom and others...

I think…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update your Transitions Adobe!

I've been using Premiere since 2000 and THE TRANSITIONS HAVE NOT CHANGED.

FCPX is whipping Premiere's butt in this category and I see no reason why Adobe hasn't even touched them except to add VR transitions.

My only theory is that Adobe is moonlighting/partnering with filmimpact.net which is the only company offering transition plugins that actually work in Premiere as transitions rather than presets. Of course it is also a paid for subscription. Seriously Adobe? We have to pay to get a transition with easing options?

Who in 2020 is using "paint splatter" and "pinwheel"?

Please update this, I teach…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. text edit similar to other Adobe tools

Great start having multiple elements in a single graphic element but can the text edit tool be more like Indesign? It is APPALLINGLY slow to editing anything longer than a few lines.
    Suggestions:
    *a hint that text is flowed out of the text box.
    * paragraph styles and character styles. Currently you apply a style and the whole box is styled like that. Useless when you have a huge list of text to format.
    * an environment that is fast to edit. even if you have to click a "render" button.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base