Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Render & Export exteremely slow after 13.1 update

After updating to 13.1 the render for both preview and exporting media has become extermely slow. What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes +15 hours to render. I've tried reseting settings, clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling, creating new project files etc. nothing worked.

I finally downgraded back to 13.0.3 and that is still working normally.

I'm using Aero 15x:
    i7-8750H
    GTX1070 Max-Q
    32GB RAM

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Essential Graphics and Effect Controls Panels stack layers in opposite directions

When creating layers and groups in the Essential Graphics Panel, they work top-down. The same layers and groups as they appear in the Effect Controls Panel are reversed and work from bottom-up. It's confusing and counter intuitive. Please make the layers in both panels work in the more natural direction of top-down.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2019 no longer supports HEVC h265

All my previous content shot in HEVC or created in AE come up as audio only. This worked in 2018. I can still save the files but Premiere Pro can no longer load or display them.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the captions - its a joke

Closed caption settings are very glitchy and the two times I have needed to use them have resulted in bugged issues. 1. text appearing at the top for every new caption created. 2. Not being able to change the background colour of the text. 3. Captions resting position every time a project is opened.

It would also be great if you could change the font/ text size and spacing. It is very restrictive.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import problem after update to CC 2019

Hello, have problems with import files "The compression type is not supported". With CC 2018 it worked smoothly. Nasty are from the Mavic 2 pro:
    Vollständiger Name : Q:\Import\2018\2018-10-Mavic2-Test\2018-10-05_Flugfeld_Mavic\DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0057.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format-Profil : Base Media
    Codec-ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
    Dateigröße : 2,73 GiB
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Gesamte Bitrate : 100 Mb/s
    Kodierungs-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Tagging-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Kodierendes Programm : Lavf56.15.102
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format-Profil : Main 10@L5@Main
    Codec-ID : hvc1
    Codec-ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Bitrate…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere's Search Bar not working in v.13.0.2

Hi All,

Premiere's Search bar isn't working properly again and wondering how to fix this issue. Using version 13.0.2. Tried to "Save All Projects", "Close All Projects", then "Open Project", waited for all media to be loaded and still wouldn't get the search bar working. Anyone have a solution to fix this issue/bug?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Caption Panel / System is a Hot Mess, Please Fix

The caption panel / system continues to have numerous issues and strange behaviors- too many to really enumerate. I dread any project where I have to use it. It's 2019 and time to give this feature the serious attention it's never had. It's improved greatly from a few years ago but still needs a huge amount of development.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results

Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)

I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.

Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.

Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.

It seems to be completely broken and useless,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Batch Image sequence import

We're working on animation movies, and more specifically editing a feature film. We have 1600+ shots in this movie, that are all rendered to image sequences in various 3rd party software.

We need an efficiant way to import the shots into Premiere. Right now, there's no way to batch import the sequence. We should at least be able to drag & drop folders containing image sequences and have them imported all at once.

A dialogue box upon import should ask us if we want to import the folders content as image sequences, and maybe even let us define the framerate…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "LFE Only" passthrough option in 5.1 Track Assignment

An extremely common scenario is to receive a finished film with an existing 5.1 mix as 6-track mono. In order to use a surround effect (such as Loudness radar) you need to map those mono tracks to a 5.1 master track. It's trivial to assign L / R / C / Ls / Rs tracks with the audio panner - but there's no way to pass through the LFE track "as is".

You can set the LFE level to "0.00db" but you're still going to get audio routed to either the front or surround L/R channels (or both) depending on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Captions, lock the layer so we don't move it unintentionally

If you drag the in or out point of a caption on the captions layer sometimes you can accidentally move the entire layer along the time line. If we could lock the layer but still be able to edit and add captions this would prevent this issue from happening. Currently if you lock the layer you can not edit it, just as you want the lock to work for any other layer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Playback freeze

I'm having issues with the playback, at some point it randomly freeze the playback, apearing a white or grey scren on program and soruce monitor. I've already tried:
    - switching the render to Software only
    - ereasing cache media
    - delete all plug-ins and preferences
    - upgrade premiere
    - completele uninstall and re-install Premier pro
    - format my computer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Re-linking LUTs used in Lumetri

Just moved to a new computer, and while the new computer has all the same LUTs on it, the project is not applying them and is not even notifies about missing LUTs. Currently, the only way to make it apply the relevant LUTs is to go shot by shot and re-apply the LUTs for each shot separately. On a long narrative project, this "solution" is completely impractical. Either make Premiere notice that it's missing LUTs and add a re-link function similar to re-link footage.

*(and/or better yet, embed in the project file the LUTs that have been used in the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base