Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version 14 not recognizing Panasonic P2 in Media Browser

After installing ver 14 (2020), I noticed that Premiere doesn't recognize Panasonic P2 media. It only sees the separate .mxf files/folders but not the card/folder as spanned clips. The Directory viewer only shows/allows the "File Directory" option. The Panasonic P2 is greyed out.

However when I switch over to ver 13.1.5 (2019) media browser works flawlessly and gives me the option to view File Directory and Panasonic P2.

Any way to correct/fix this? Is this a build issue?

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to export media

Since I updated to Version 14.01 (build 71) I am unable to export media. It will hang saying 0%. At first I hoped it was a glitch and if I waited it would eventually complete. I waited 30 minutes with nothing.

I thought since I was only exporting audio that may be the problem. Will not export video either. I edit for a living and not being able to export makes this a major issue.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashing!!!

You guys need to work on the system interface... Even in a workstation which has 32gb ram, xeon processor, nvidia quadro p2000 gfx card and ssd memory, premiere pro crashes.

It is because it doesn't utilize the graphic card and is heavily relied on cpu, whereas da vinci resolve and fcp x uses graphics performance so it crashes less and rendering speed is lightning fast.

Its been a decade since i'm using this software and only thing that is the best feature in this software is auto save other wise millions of users would have left using adobe premier pro…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Audio Waveform Exceptionally Slow to Redraw When Zooming In - Premiere Pro 2020

When zooming way in on media in the sequence view, the zoomed-in version of the waveform commonly fails to draw and there are no peaks or valleys to be seen in the sequence.

It will eventually draw, but it can take 3+ seconds, which if you're zooming in often is a big issue.

We've got multiple audio clips and some of them are lengthy. The peak files have been completely generated and Premiere Pro is doing nothing else.

It's a new issue in Premiere Pro 2020 (V14.0.0 Build 572) that all 3 of my editors are experiencing. Windows 10. Peaks…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

461 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  170 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Major Bug With Speed Ramping

There is a major issue with Speed Ramping in the latest version of Premiere Pro 2020. I am unable to play back a simple clip that has a speed ramp applied to it in real time without pre-rendering it. When trying to playback a clip that is speed ramped, it turns into a glitchy mess, and the remaining clips that follow never start playing as they should unless I pause and restart the playback. This was never an issue in Premiere Pro 2019. I have re-downloaded PP2019 where the issue is no longer present.

I have found that it seems…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere Pro / After Effects: Consistent Time Stretching

Standardize the percentage property between AE and PPro. Currently:

AE: Effect > Time > Time Stretch: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at double speed and takes half the time.

PPro: Clip > Speed/Duration: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at half speed and takes twice as long.

Attached images are of a 1 second clip, both at "50%"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The Preimere 2020 timeline sluggish when "Browse" tab of essential graphics is open.

I don't know if there is a memory leak or ram overload but for whatever reason the browse tab open makes premiere awfully slow. Please work on a patch or fix. Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio Clip Keyframe Frustration!

It would be great if, when dragging an audio clip keyframe horizontally, it stayed snapped to the current volume.
    It's rare that when I need to move an audio fade forwards or backwards I also need to change the volume.
    It's very frustrating! A modifier key could be pressed if I did ever need to. do it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

154 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: Miserable Playback in Pr 2020 versus 2019 (Layer visibility no longer affects playback performace)

In the newest version of Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.0.0), realtime playback performance takes a hit for every layer whether or not they are visible (whether or not the eyeball is on or off).

This was not the behaviour in 2019. If playback performance was poor because we had too many layers of information streaming in, we could turn off (click the eyeball) for layers and playback performance would improve dramatically. Only the visible layers would load and and I could watch at 3x speed. Now I can't even listen to just the audio tracks at 3x speed because it's…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

79 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please fix audio rendering

Even if I just want to render a few minutes from a long timeline Premiere needs to render every audio in the timesline - before exporting just this small clip. For example, I have a concert of 2 hours in the timeline and want to export just one song, Premiere needs hours just to render the audio before export this small clip. Why isn't Premiere just rendering the audio needed in the parts which are going to be exported?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere Pro 2020 Catalina bug

When selecting "Edit clip in Adobe Audition," Audition opens, but the clip does not.
    Additionally, if I send sequences to the Media Encoder queue, Media Encoder opens - but the sequence does not show up in the queue. I have been able to 'click-and-drag' a sequence from Premiere into the Media Encoder window in order to get it to be placed in the queue.

Thankfully the link from Premiere to After Effects actually works.

This is happening on a new MBP 16" with Catalina and current version of all apps.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LUT paths

Please add back the feature that LUTs can be found with a relative path. I got in big trouble since the newest version of premiere (win10) does not load the LUTs in Lumetri, but still shows their name. Normally I store my LUTs outside of premiere e.g. in the project folder. These are not beeing found anymore, but the names are still displayed. That makes it more than tough working with my current or older projects.

Thanks a lot
    Wolfgang

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PP 2020 poor high speed playback and export frame issue

My updated Premiere Pro 2020 has poor juddery playback at high speed (over 100%)
    Also my main issue is the export frame function delivers a totally different grade and lightness to the original

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls.

Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls. It makes working in After Effects faster and needs to be in Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro

Audio speed time remapping in premiere pro
    in premiere pro as all we know speed time remapping of video layer is this: (right click > show clip keyframes > time remapping > speed.)
    why something like this is not in audio layer?
    my problem is that i have to gradually speed up and slow down clip multiple times. after 4-5 times of video speed edit with smooth speed ramping it completely loses audio sync and needs hours of work to match it with its vide.
    what could be the solution?

I think it would be ideal if adobe adds function…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base