Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyframe pinning options in Effect Controls Panel: pin to IN and/or OUT point(s)

PROBLEM:
    Every time an editor trims the in point of a clip that has keyframes at/near the in point, those keyframes lose their positioning relationship to the clip's in point: trim inwards and keyframes are trimmed out of view in the ECP, trim outwards and the keyframes no longer apply to the beginning of the clip as intended. The same problem applies when trimming a clip's out point with keyframes at/near the out point.

SOLUTION:
    Keyframe pinning checkboxes in the ECP would allow keyframes to move together in unison with a clip's in and/or out points when trimming a clip…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug PP 2020 Interpret Frame Rate results in scrubbing errors

On files where I change frame rate via "modify/interpret footage" resulting clips have errors while scrubbing on the timeline (skipping back and forth in file). If I simply change the speed via the speed setting on the timeline, the file scrubs fine. Any ideas? I made a video where I tried to show this happening:

https://youtu.be/MjEDyjPbZUg

Windows 10

CC2020 14.1.0

RTX2070 super 442.92 studio driver

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: OBS Files are not working anymore (APP v14.3.2)

From Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on, MP4 x264 CBR Files created by OBS Software don't work anymore, which destroys my current workflow completely. The last working version is 14.3.1 (build 45).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix issues with current Export window before spending resources on new 'Quick Export' feature!

While new features are usually exciting, the new 'Quick Export' Pr 14.5.0 beta is disheartening because rather than fixing issues in the current ‘Export Settings’ window, it adds workflow inconsistencies that ironically, make the ‘Quick’ tool slower to use!

ISSUES WITH 'QUICK EXPORT':
    1. No keyboard assignable shortcut. Power users want keyboard shortcuts! The ‘Export Settings’ window can be opened with keyboard shortcuts, so why can’t ‘Quick Export’? Shortcuts are always faster than mousing over to a little button!
    2. The position of the ‘Quick Export’ button is terrible for two reasons:

1.Not all users use the Workspaces panel, so
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have files saved in the same folder as you store the project

Why does premiere pro save files to prior working directories? When you save the project everything should go into that folder or subdirectories for that folder. Not to some project that you worked on 3 weeks ago. When you export a video, the default should be that folder.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you suggesting that the media exported from a project, should by default be saved next to that project?

PPro maintains different lists of recently-used folders, for different tasks. Projects get defaulted to the last project save location, exported media gets defaulted to the most recent export location.

8. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to automatically switch to whatever sound output is enabled

I often edit with bluetooth headphones or via speakers connected to the audio jack etc - Premiere is the only app I use which forces me to manually switch away from an audio output which isn't even available.
    Why would it default (and then stubbornly insist on connecting to) my bluetooth earphones when they're not available? Just use whatever Windows output is using (should be an option)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bins

I'm trying to prep a project and I can't drag media, sequences, anything into other bins. The media is already imported. Going to re-install previous version.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In premiere 14.5.0, I'm not able to move items in a floating bin.

There's a bug that needs fixing. I'm not able to move items in a floating bin in version 14.5.0

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Drag clip / spacebar issue

I use an external monitor in my Dell G7 and my Premiere started to have issues after the last update. When I start Windows 10, open PP I can't drag a clip in the timeline or even from the other window. I also can't use spacebar to play a video preview, it just doesn't work. I have to resize Premiere to the laptop screen only, to solve it. Then I can now use both screens again.
    There is another bad solution that is to close PP and open again holding the ALT key until the preferences reset window opens. Resetting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Premiere pro crashes when adding or deleting audio or video track

Premiere pro crashes when adding or deleting audio or video track.

I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, clearing preferences, etc. and nothing will resolve this issue. The issue occurs on existing and new projects.

V14.6.0 (Build 51)
    Windows 10 Pro
    i9 9900K
    64GB RAM
    RTX 2080 Super

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. LUT playback problem

When i use a 64 grid ponits LUT in versions 14.3.2 and 14.4, the playback is laggy. For a smooth playback in these versions, i must convert all my LUTs from 64 to 32 grid points.

Please fix this bug.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. User LUTs should appear in the Export dialog Effects/LUTs dropdown list!

Currently the ONLY LUTs that appear in the Export dialog's Effects/LUTs dropdown are the ones in the PROGRAM file Creative tab list.

It is NOT safe for users to add to that list. So we have to manually navigate to a LUT on disc every time we wish to add a LUT on export.

We SHOULD be able to add an export LUT from either the Technical or Creative LUT folders we as users create, directly from that dropdown.

R. Neil Haugen

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. tool short cuts not functioning in second monitor

I have the timeline detached from the main window in a second monitor. In the latest update I installed 10-25-2020, when using keyboard short cuts (C) for cut, (V) for select tool, or even (Delete) for clear, the shortcut only works if I first click on the main window. I cannot use shortcuts while working in the detached timeline window. In the previous version the shortcut keys worked no matter what window I was working in.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base