Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open clip in photoshop when chosen edit in photoshop in premiere pro

In the latest versions of premiere pro 22.1.1 and photoshop 23.1.0 "Edit clip in Photoshop still does not open the clip in Photoshop!
    Have contacted Adobe support in earlier this year and they say it is a a bug that should be repaired. Very annoying.
    When?????
    Mac 24 with M1 chip but also the case with intel chip earlier this year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Glitch

Exporting RED Epic footage from a sequence with the following settings yields a white artifact along the bottom of the frame. 23.976fps project file with frame size of 8192x3456 square pixels in Re.709 color space. This happens anytime two clips are stacked over each other in different video layers. Often, the layer on top won't be visible at all. This is occurring in Premiere Pro 22.0.0 (build 169) version on an M1 iMac with 16GB of memory. See screenshots. Project was 1hr 40 min. Export settings were 1920x1080 scaled to fit H.264 with D1 16:9 aspect ratio, software encoding VBR,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import Transcript

Hi...I see in Premiere Pro Beta there is a grayed-out "Import Transcript" option in the Transcript area. Is this coming soon? Would love to get that added to the Beta. The ability to use the power of Transcribe with the ability to add our own approved transcript will be a game-changer for our workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Transcribe - "Export To Text.." BUG - not working

Transcribe - "Export To Text.." BUG - not working

Within Transcript Panel - Clicking on "Export to Text File.." does nothing

I can manage to successfully transcribe my video/audio file, I can also successfully create captions, what my issue is though is that when I go to my "Transcript" panel and choose "Export To Text File.." nothing happens. I even wait thinking its probably hanging or frozen up, and yet still nothing gives me the option to save a text file version of the transcribed audio to a folder on my hard drive.

The option looks like it should work,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. REMOVE CENSORSHIP on Premiere Pro NEW TRANSCRIPT feature

Your new text transcript feature censors certain words.
    It is not the job of Adobe to censor anything.
    That is an editor's decision not yours.
    Please remove these restrictions as soon as possible.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. LUT browsing crashes Premiere

Hi, No matter which project, which LUTS, which folders, which computer, browsing LUTs makes Premiere Crash, just after 3-4 LUTS browsed. It happens to me and to all other editors i know in the planet. So it's a BIG bug that makes the color grading process a ****.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your new title system needs a lot of work

The text gets hopelessly out of alignment with the editing and writing, making it impossible to know where the text you want to edit actually is on screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mercury playback gives nasty lines in video. Been like this since Pr21. Pr20 works fine..

Footage breaks in mercury playback at my 3rd monitor. Its just like a millisecond, and i only when i play the timeline. Never in paused. I first stressed that my Eizo monitor was broken, but migrated back to Pr 2020 and everything was fine. I've been holding on to Premiere 2020 for this main reason, and updated now to the long term supported 21 version, but issue still remains. Super annoying. Cant really have clients watch this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use Previews not working Premiere 2021

My whole timeline's previews are rendered using ProRes 422 HQ and no matter what I export or how, it's rendering everything again making my exports really slow. It's getting hard to explain this to clients.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back the quality slider for animated GIFs!

There used to be a compression quality slider for exporting animated GIFs. You could get them down to a very small size. Where did that go?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere Pro (22.1.2) fails import of After Effects (22.1.1) files on Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19043 Build 19043)

I'm discovering with the latest updates of Premiere Pro and After Effects that a direct import into Premiere isn't working. Hangs on the progress bar. Escape is the only solution which returns Premiere to normal - alas with no ability to bring a comp in from AE. (Premiere Pro (22.1.2) fails import of After Effects (22.1.1) files on Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19043 Build 19043))

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere Pro "ImporterQuickTime.prm" issue.

Premiere Pro does not launch and it stop at "ImporterQuickTime.prm". after update to Premiere Pro Version 22.0.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timeline speed crash

Hi, I've just downloaded Premiere 22.1.2 for Mac, and when I change the speed in the timeline with L command the image freezes and audio goes running. It was a problem solved in the last version 22.1.1.
    Is it possible to go back to that version. Adobe Creative Cloud only allows to download version 22.0.
    Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subclips With Color Grades

Using subclips is a great way to export batches of clips, but I wish they could also retain applied color grading effects upon export

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug fix for numeric keypad

Numeric keypad no longer works to input numbers and most characters into text graphics items.

Only '=' and '/' symbols can be added to text when using the keypad. This is the same in either graphics view or if trying to add directly into program window.

No matter what you have selected, the keypad now defaults to changing the timecode widow and moving the playhead to timecode of numbers entered.

This is not seen before in any previous versions.

This is noted on Premiere CC 22.1.1 on a Monterey 12.1 MacBook Pro. Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BETA Add speaker names and 2 lines option to captions from transcription

I really like what you all have done outside of the box and testing on day one. My two suggestions come from the options I have and use with otter.ai which is our current way to auto generate captions that I then clean up. 1. I didn’t see an option how to add speakers to the closed captioning from the transcript. I can do it on the transcript side but then making that into cc names were not included. 2. Give the option of the closed captioning to be 2 lines instead of one easily. I know I can go…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dynamic linking between Premiere Pro and After Effects no longer works with the 22 release

Dynamic linking between Premiere Pro and After Effects no longer works with the 22 release

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fast Playback in Premiere Pro v22

I've noticed a bug with Premiere Pro 2022 when it comes to fast forwarding in timeline playback (L twice on the keyboard)

I try to fast forward play and after a moment, Premiere stops displaying video, Continues with its audio and bricks the program completely. Usually I'm unable to stop playback and am forced to cycle through different apps until it decides to stop playing.

I'm on a 2021 Intel Mac.
    1/4 Playback Resolution.

It had worked perfectly in Premiere 2021

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export to H264 fails

I upgraded to Premiere 2022 and needed to return to 2021 version, because, for some reason, when exporting to H264, there were nos solution possible. Everything, from Youtube to Adobe forums could not solve. Once I came back to 2021 version, everything returned to work perfectly again. Anyway I would like to have a solution so I could use the new version of Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base