Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Program Monitor Snapping to Sequence Boundaries and Guides (Snap to Guides)

• Ability to snap footage to Sequence boundaries

• Ability to snap footage to Guides

• Ability to snap mask edges/points to Guides

• Ability to snap pen tool to guides

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please port BEAT DETECTION to Premiere Pro.

Adobe Premiere Elements has beat detection. Why not Premiere Pro?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retain markers when importing responsive time .mogrts

Would be VERY helpful if premiere retained protected region markers or gave some other visual indication of protected regions when importing responsive time .mogrt files.

This would help editors know where to trim a clip if they wanted to remove one of the transitions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing caption timecodes missing from v.15

I noticed that the ability to edit a captions timecode in the Text pane is now missing. I used that quite a bit before the update to v.15 and I really miss this feature. Please add it back in as it's really useful for having precise captions. Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to delete multiple captions back in!

I like the new updates to the captioning tool in the v.15 update, but not being able to select and delete multiple caption blocks is really bad! When I have a big video I'm cutting down this is essential. I know I can edit the SRT file outside of Premiere Pro but this takes a lot longer. Please add this back in!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Caption style should repeat previous caption style

In the Premiere Pro Beta, when I create a new caption, it should have the same style as the previous caption by default

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Warn me of variable video framerate issues & audio sync issues, and let me know what I can do about it

I just spent most of a day trying different video formats, codecs, etc., and trying to get them to import.

if Premiere had give me one message that said "this variable framerate video file may not be imported correctly; try using handbrake to make it constant" would have saved me hours of wild goose chase.

better yet, fix that in premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back DV importing on Mac

Bring back DV importing on Mac

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Click and Drag to Delete and Ripple Tool

Quite often I need to edit out Pauses or "Errrr", "Soooo", "Uhhhm". And the way I do it is using the C tool to cut that segment, and then shift deleting that part, to ripple move it. I do that a lot...
    I'm requesting a new tool which allows me to click and drag over the segment in the timeline, which then deletes and ripples it out in one go.

That would be super helpful.
    I'm happy to demonstrate if it's not clear

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Colour Code Sequence Tabs

Having the ability to colour code sequence tabs would be incredibly helpful, and could be used as an easy visual identifier for different categories of sequences (Broll, different cuts, etc).

I know this was suggested a few years back in a user voice, but it only received a few votes and wasn't commented on at all - so I'm suggesting it again!

I believe you can do this in final cut, so it'd be great to see it here!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. レガシータイトルの良いところを反映してほしい

自動文字起こし機能の精度、素晴らしいです。
    改善の希望は下記の通り

・スクリプトで細かくTCを設定したのに、キャプションの作成をすると反映されていない。(尺の短いテロップが勝手に前後と統合される)

・1枚のテロップで、文字によって色やフォントの大きさを変える場合、トラックスタイルで保存した内容を反映させようとすると、全ての文字が適用されてしまう。
    選択した文字だけが適用されるようにしてほしい。(レガシータイトルスタイルのような使い勝手が良い)

・「整列と変形」のゾーンの位置がかなり内側。手動で外に設定しようとすると見えない壁が出てきてできない

お願いします。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Media Encoder Mobile Alert Service

I would like to have an alert service via a mobile for Media Encoder:
    - Notify when encodes are finished
    - Notify if an encode has failed

This way, you can just do something else while Media Encoder does its work, like walk your dog or socialize with friends or family.

Can Adobe create a Mobile App for both iOS/Android that will provide such notifications?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display clip resolution in the 2nd collum of Project panel.

At the moment by default we have clip name, frame rate, then media start, end duration of clip etc all before resolution which I would assume is the second easily accessible info after frame rate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make a BURN-IN caption window and a CLOSED CAPTION window.

I don't burn in captions but i do make closed captions that a tv viewer can turn on or off. The Premiere 2021 captions is not useable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Captioning configuration

The Speech-to-Text function in 15.0 is very impressive. It's already helping us out greatly.

However, I would like be able to configure the Transcript to Caption process. I mean, I'd like to be able to enter a min/max character count, and a line count when the captions are created from the transcript. Can this be done already, if so how?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Captions Customizability V15.0

I'd love the ability to add an effect to the captions layer (C1) to add a drop shadow. Currently, I can add a drop shadow to the text, which then creates separation from the colored background, but I can't choose the ordering to put the drop shadow in the back.

I am also repeating some other posts here requesting separate lines for captions, rather than a bigger BG that encompasses the entire text.

Forum Post with Example;
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-customizability-v15-0/m-p/11902110#M335168

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dynamic Spell Check!

It should be a standard part of any software application. A typo in a video or article or on a poster is the kiss of death. Once you've made that impression with the public, it is hard to erase. Since Adobe is using AI to streamline the experience for users, it seems like a minor task to employ dynamic spell check in all its applications. PLEASE make this part of an update.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base