Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

3. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Mac OS 10.13.6

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple MacPros with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options (Metal/CUDA/Open CL) does not fix the issue.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. multiple projects

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Open a Project

2. Open another project

3. Look at your screen

Results:

Multiple projects are open and it is very difficult to understand which project is which. It is much too easy to close the wrong project or affect an asset in the wrong project. Many users complain that the workspaces also change when if this is a workflow you want people to use then the workspace should stay the same throughout. A few suggestions:

1. Let the user disable this feature. It does not make sense for all of your users.

2. Make…

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Caption Issues - Not updating, and aliasing around edges

Hi all,

So, here's a bug report for captions not updating, and horrible aliasing around character edges.

1) Captions don't update

This isn't something that happens every time, but it happens almost every time. Basically, captions don't update.

This might be when changing font details, like type, size, colour, etc, but also when changing the content of the caption, or its timing, or its placement. So, the problems are kind of across the board.

It should be noted that I'm referring to Open Captions, with a sequence appropriate frame rate, and resolution. This applies to imported .SRT files, and captions…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Warp stabilizer presets do not automatically analyze

If you select multiple clips and apply the default warp stabilizer to them, they will automatically start analyzing which is great.
    However, to save time I created a Warp Stabilizer Preset to stabilize at 5% (Instead of the default 50%) so I wouldn't have to go through and adjust all the stabilized clips to 5% manually.

But now I find out that the Warp Stabilizer Preset does not analyze automatically when applied to multiple clips, so I have to go through and click analyze on each one which takes ages!

Can we please make it so that the Warp Stabilizer…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Poxies from my timeline clips

I have a 25 minute timeline of RED footage and my proxy drive got wiped. I don't want to have to re-created proxies for everything, just what's on my timeline. I'd like to see an option where I could select all the media on my timeline and create proxies from only the clips on the timeline and it would be a bonus if there was an option to only create proxies from the in/out points of my timeline clips.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Playback issues with latest updates of everything

When updates are proposed, I usually perform them. I recently updated to the latest versions of CC as well as the latest version of Mac OS (10.14.6).
    I am now finding that playback on any type of material has become stuttering. I tried cleaning cache and things like that, but the problem stays.
    Does anyone experience similar effects?
    I have a Mac Book Pro from early 2015 with Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM and a graphical card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
    Thanks for any feedback!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
    While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

12. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multithreaded conforming

Please make conforming multithreaded!

I know this must be achievable because conforming is just reading through the file and making peak files / metadata files. Right now the process is sequential, one file at a time. The process could be parallel, conforming multiple files at a time.

For multicore machines, this would be a HUGE increase in startup performance when importing footage. Especially for big projects with hours of clips.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View timeline in Bars

I would like to be able to set my timeline to display bars (and subdivisions) depending on the selected BPM. Maybe also with some sort of a snapping function to negate the need for so many markers.

Check out the interface of Ableton or similar DAWs for reference.

This would make cutting to the beat in music videos so much easier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT

It would be extremely useful to be able to keyframe the controls in Premiere Pro for a MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) created in After FX. I create a template in AFX, add it to CC libraries, I can import this into Premiere and adjust the controls, but I can't keyframe them. This would take the power of MOGRT's to a whole new level.

I have extensively documented the process I'm trying to do here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/255599

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Link Multiple Audio Clips at Once

You are able to unlink multiple audio clips by pressing Command "L" but some of my clips are linked and some are not, I have too many to link one by one, it would be a huge time saver to be able to select all clips and link to their matched audio right under said clips. Not only that but to be able to move, cut, trim ( basically match exactly what you are doing to the video clip the audio would follow). For example if I could move the clip it would be nice to have the audio follow…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Single Frame Video File Crashes Premiere on Import

tobiq1947031 has a file that is 1 frame in length that crashes Premiere Pro upon import. It was shot on a GoPro Hero 7 Black camera. I have replicated his issue on my system with Premiere Pro 13.1.4

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2650314

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple sequence rendering

Please add the render that can be done in multiple sequences. Since I wants to render the 4k videos during the night in different projects, because each render takes hour, and I wants to done that when I'm sleeping, but if so, there will be more than enough time to render another project's video too, so I really wants you guys to add that feature in, please, rendering for multiple projects/sequences.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 13.1 - Dual Monitor Support issue 13.1

Dual Monitor issue appears broken. I have three monitors, the 3rd is actually my projector and it wants to display on that. I can't choose #1 and #2. This broke with the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base