Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Text layers are automatically scaling down in the transform properties for each layer when i change aspect ratio the or duplicate the p

Bug: Text layers are automatically scaling down in the transform properties for each layer when i change aspect ratio the or duplicate the project

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG Rendering a timeline on a Mac in 12.1.1 is freezing with ProRes as the video preview codec

Updating from 2015.2 to 2018.1.1 on macOS. Rendering a timeline is freezing with ProRes422 selected as the video preview codec (as I always done in the past). Tried it with multiple machines with various GPUs, it freezes faster if a Lumetri Color effect is applied. Premiere hangs (with the color beachball). Actually, the renders keep on rendering in the Video Previews folder until the end of the timeline, but Premiere itself is frozen, which cause to force quit and lose all the renders. It works fine with the DNxHD and AVC-Intra 100 codecs, but not ProRes422.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Proprietary import media browser improvements

The proprietary import media browser needs to sort numbers correctly. Currently 10 and 1 is sorted in sequence, for example. In addition, one should be able to edit the path string to jump to locations instead of being forced to have to navigate to it manually. Suggest looking at how the standard Windows file browser is implemented and copy how it behaves.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Read-Only files

Option to create unchanging source file so that when working with other editors, I don't have to worry that they will save over existing project without renaming.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Edit Marker" window bug

On my PC, when I go to the "edit marker" window and change the color of selected marker, the program won't allow me to press the "enter" key to select "OK". I have to manually move my mouse over to the button and click it. Being able to just select the color and smash "enter" would expedite things greatly. And I'm pretty sure this is a thing on Mac, so not sure if it's a bug or what. I'd appreciate if you looked into it. Thank you all so much.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow disabling of timeline playhead dragging within the track area of the timeline.

Playhead should only be draggable via the top pentagonal section, not the vertical line within the timeline track area. Sometimes a mouse click selects and drags the playhead rather than a clip.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable copy/pasting of several masks in one go

When copying several masks from one effect to another in the Effect Controls panel, there should be a way to select all the masks and copy all of them in one batch.

When you have ten or more masks, the current behavior (copy one mask at a time) is not very efficient.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. P2 File names kept on import

This has been a bug since 2016 I think. The P2 camera I use has custom names for each clip. Nothing outlandish, just the camera operator's name and successive numbers. When importing via the "import" checkbox in Media Browser (the operation that launches AME and copies the contents of my card to the drive I want to use) the filenames get changed back to the Panasonic random clip name.MXF. Would be fantastic if you could address this bug. My workaround if I want to keep the names is to copy the Camera contents via Windows to the folder I want,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Good integration between PR and ME for captions

I've encountered a strange bug. I have captions and an After Effects lower third on two different tracks on a timeline. Using Mac OSX 10.13.4, AME 12.1, Premiere 12.1.

If I render out of Premiere, no problems.

If I send to AME and try to render, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

If I delete all content such that only the caption and the AE clips exist, the caption track renders as "Media Offline".

However, if I delete the AE content (turning off visibility doesn't do it) then the captions will render normally in AME.

It doesn't matter where…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently selected track highlighted in "info" panel based on clip selection

Problem:
    When working with many video tracks, it's very useful to have them scaled vertically as small as possible. This makes seeing the track names impossible because either they are not displayed or, if they are, the names are too small to be read. This makes getting lost in a vertically large edit very easy.

Suggestion:
    Selected clip's track name and information is highlighted in the "Info" panel.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Updated to 12.1.1 and having huge problems.

Updated to 12.1.1 and having huge problems. Sequence plays back audio but no video after about 30 sec into the sequence. All my clips are offline and wont import (or will only import audio). Nightmare.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix Error interactions between wave warp and vr effects.

Fix Error interactions between wave warp and vr effects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Speech bubble timeline notes.

Speech bubble style notes that can be stuck onto a timeline, as a guide if the editor needs to hand over a job or if a client is viewing without the editor present. Big obvious guides, Eg. 'This bit still needs GVs.'

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow placing a sequence from another project as a link

We can now place links to other Premiere projects as well as links to After Effects compositions. What is really missing is the ability to do the same for Premiere sequences. This is not the same as importing a sequence since that merges the other project with the current project and the sequence won't update if the external project is changed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bug report

Dear Adobe,

I've been using PP and AE for over 5 years now and the last months, actually from the beginning of the year with the new updates, I've had had major issues. As my clients are very demanding and I'm using these programs a lot on location with very tight deadlines, I can not stress more that you need to be sure that the updates are good with as minimal bugs as possible. I know I ask a lot from not only from Adobe but also from the program as I use it over 12h a day on location.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Audio is cutting out almost as if it has been temporarily muted.

When editing audio the feed although showing audio in certain spots will show audio when playing back it will not play the audio. If I back up in the sample and replay the problem piece it will play just fine. This is happening every 10-30 seconds at random and will happen sometimes in certain portions of the sample and other times in other places.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 12.1.1 Audio Bugs

I mix audio by applying compression/eq to either an entire track or a submix. Lately, two things are happening. One is that the audio will randomly not play at all until I solo and unsolo a track. Not a big deal. What is a big deal is that almost every time these last few days, when I open a project, my compression (multiband compressor with Broadcast preset) is not taking effect either in playback or export. I have to go into the effect, change it to another preset, and then back to my original one in order for it to…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. MME no sound in my adobe2018 .....how to fix mme device internal error?

MME no sound in my adobe2018 .....how to fix mme device internal error?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base