Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bug: source monitor "play" does "play-in-out"

When a clip is loaded in the source monitor, the Play function does not work when the in-out points are set (i.e. if you select "F" (Match Frame)). It doesn't matter if you use the space-bar or the monitor button. There have been occations it does work the first time only, but all other times the Play option, functions as a play-in-to-out in a loop.

I checked the keyboard settings, but there is nothing there that can cause this, and as mentioned the on-screen button does the same thing.

Version 12.1.1. (Build 10)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG REPORT: No sound on export

After export it becomes apparent, that the SOUND has not been exported. All levels are where they should be in the mix, no track is solo-ed or muted. No sound is played during playback. Upon pushing SOLO ON and then OFF again audios plays back as exppected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add scriptsync feature like one in avid pls

can we get scriptync feature which functions like the one in avid media composer

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put back Dropping EG objects into the Project Panel

Please refer to the most recent comments in https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2310391?start=40&tstart=0, regarding the need to put back the ability to drag-and-drop Essential Graphics objects from the timeline into the Project Panel or one of its bins. First, it makes it much easier for a solo, non-team-based video producer like me to track all of my assets in a video. (Since this ability was recently taken out, I have to manually search my entire timeline to manage the different EG assets I have placed in it. Plus, I can no longer organize them easily using bins.) Second, it allows me to create…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. typing text keyboard shortcuts

Running Premiere Pro version 12.1.1 for macOS I get a bug when trying to type text in the program window. Occasionally, when the text box is highlighted and enabled so I can write inside it, typing anything doesn't actually add text - it activates keyboard shortcuts.

For instance, I was trying to add a comma into a simple text and instead of adding the comma it inserted a clip from the source window into the timeline.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Essencial Graphics is excellent, but there's a little issue...

When I use the function of replacing the clip for an After Effects composition, any After Effects based Essential Graphics doesn't work and Premiere displays: "This Motion graphics template was created in After effects. To use this template in Premiere Pro, please Install After Effects (trial or licence) and retry." (the image of this error box is attached below).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow a mask to be moveable with keyboard arrows.

If the mask selection is too small, the hand icon no longer shows up. I have to enlarge the mask in order for the hand icon to show up. Difficult workflow when you have a lot of masks to adjust.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the essential graphics work flow.

Text not the same size in Premier once I have imported it from After effects. I make a lower third in after effects and my text is all good. As soon as I import the mogrt to premier the text is a different size.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Pro won't stay open since last update.

I can open Premiere Pro 1 time and do some basic editing. But as soon as I try to switch from 1 function to another (e.g., from editing to effects or vice versa), the program crashes and I can't open it again. The same thing happens if I try to put something in the timeline, move it to source, or try to save a file. Premiere Pro has been a good program for me to date, but as it is now, it's essentially useless without a fix. FYI, I defragmented my disks and ran spybot, both of which have fixed…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Blinking time indicator (Windows)

The timeline cursor indicator is blinking in a pretty ugly way since the beginning of Premiere. It does not do that on Mac. Very distracting. This is a visual bug, not a feature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bypass cache, drive and media settings for temporary project opening

I use my laptop as my main editing system, but I sometimes need to open a project to just look at sequence names, data, etc, when not connected to my media and cache drives. It would be great if there was an 'Open without Media or Drives this time' option, so that the user wouldn't have to go through the menus announcing missing cache drive, setting scratch disks, and the Locate Media panel

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug - Adding a layer with transparency requires sequence render

Adding a clip with transparency (eg: An exported graphic from AE) onto track 2 (or 3, 4, etc), above a footage item, requires the timeline to be rendered before the transparency is visible. Without a sequence render, the graphic appears on a black background, as though an alpha channel is not present.

Alternatively, you can use the Screen transfer mode as a temporary workaround.

This is with the standard Lossless with Alpha export from AE (ie: Animation with alpha).

1) Render a graphic from AE (with alpha channel)
    2) Add rendered graphic above a footage layer in Premiere
    3) Admire…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shortcut for shifting selected clip start to current time indicator position

Quite often I will have a clip, or set of clips selected, and I want to offset their start to my current time indicator position.

I know that I can click and drag the clips over, or, if I know the exact offset in frames I can type that in, however having a shortcut key would speed this process up.

Basically, it would be excellent to have a shortcut to simply shift the start of the selected clip(s) to the current CTI position.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Program will launch unresponsively when switching from multiple monitor setup to laptop only monitor

When I have a multiple monitor setup and then unplug my computer and open the same project file on my laptop with no external monitors, the program will be unresponsive. I'm forced to use task manager to force quit the program.

The only solution I've found is to clear the cache and user preferences by holding down shift + alt when launching Premier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Importing assets with the Effects tab is selected

When an asset is dragged into the Premiere project, Premiere should make the Project tab active automatically, even if the Effects tab or other panel is selected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG REPORT: Open in Project No Longer Works Since Update

There was a time when right clicking on an item in the timeline and selecting "Open in Project" worked. Since the last update, it no longer does.

Now, users must click through bin after bin searching for an item.

This is an example of a bug that negates any of the time savings that newly introduced features are supposed to bring.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dynamics audio effect doesn't reliably stay on clips

The dynamics audio plug in sometimes disappears. When applied to a clip and for example "compressor" switched on, and tweaked, sometimes when coming back to Premiere the effect is there but compressor is switched off and the settings are back at default. Very very aggravating and a waste of time.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes