Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team projects crashes when literally doing nothing

I use team projects on a fully speced out PC (Ryzan 1800, Geforce1070, 32GB Ram, SSD, 10 RAID) and Laptop (Intel i7 4702MQ, Geforce 765m,16GB Ram, SSD, 7200rpm Harddisk) and on both Devices the program crashes very often when it is left untouched for a while (e.g. when going for lunch for about an hour).

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time input for Essential Graphics

I'd like a time input in essential graphics (created in after effects). The user inputs a time value (00:00:05:10 for example) and then I reference that number from after effects expressions to trigger events.

Currently I can do that with multiple sliders (usually one for seconds and one for frames.), or do everything based on frames which becomes harder for a user to think about for numbers over 3 seconds. Having everything in one field that looks like a time input would be easier for people to work with and would significantly reduce clutter.

This isn't a replacement for allowing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug/Poor Decision: Export doesn't show my settings until I scroll up.

If I output a file, say an MP4, it will show all the stock presets, but my presets are hidden at the top unless I scroll up to them. This makes no sense since my presets are the ones I'm most likely to use. Not looking at the top of a list is also unusual so I didn't realize for a while that scrolling up was an option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Media Encoder Essential Graphics Bug

Essential graphics in Premiere render in wrong positions when using media encoder. When rendered from Premiere, the attached graphics are stacked on top of each other. Media Encoder overlaps them.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug with Cropping/X/Y movement of initial clip, once you use "Replace with After Effects Composition".

Place a clip in Premiere. Move it (x/y). Scale it.
    Add a "Crop Effect". Crop it.
    Then, right click, "Replace with After Effects Composition".
    Fix something. (Remove Grain Effect). Save
    Go back to Premiere.
    Export.
    Problem is: it forgets that it was cropped. However (key point) it DOESNT SHOW YOU that it's no longer cropped. In Premiere it still looks cropped. But Export it, the cropped area is replaced with pure black.
    (There were multiple layers, and this was near the bottom).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Having a text box editor to replace text

Is it possible to have an alternative text box editor within the essential titles tab area to edit text seperatly without using the timeline window?

Mainly to streamline the speed of copy paste of text without the need to highlight the intended text graphic first then apply your changes.
    If you could do this within a dedicated withdow for text changes much like how FCP7s text tool generator.

Please please please work closely with Annotation Edit creator to interchange subtitles information via xmls smoothly!!!!

He has built something great so far, but needs your attention to perhaps allow a vertical…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix disappearing mark comments on merged clips!

Whenever you open merged clips in your source monitor, all your marker notes disappear when you double-click the clip. Very annoying and time-consuming, and seemingly unfixable. It seems this has been a problem for awhile, please help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Avid style grouped/multi-cam clips with more than one audio channel

If you're working with multiple cameras and multiple audio sources, eventually you might need all of your audio channels on the timeline or you need to change which microphone is live. This is a feature that makes Avid the obvious choice if you're cutting a game/variety show, now that Adobe finally has shared projects with locked sequences.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Missing Text

While exporting some Text i faced the Problem that the Text is not rendered into the final File. Its simply missing. After spending some hours why that happens i finally seem to know. The Font is kind of corrupt, Premiere and the Media Encoder display it just fine. Even when i look at the Preview Window in AME i can see that Text. But always missed in final Video, only Adobe Guys will know. What about some feedback to us Users that something went wrong ? I

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the ingesting/proxy creation process

Please fix the ingesting/proxy creation process. After working okay for about 5-10 minutes when I try to ingest 4k files (and create Proxies), Premiere freezes and I have to re-start. I have seen many recent posts online about this problem, but no solutions that work.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Changing Framerates Workflow

For example, when changing the Framerate of an Sequence you have to go manually thru the Timeline as certian Effects like the "Warp Stableizer" needs to recalculate its data, It would me handy to have the option to do that for all at once as i most not touching the general settings after an change from 23,97 to 54,94 FPS

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Black video/ empty timeline warning

Many users have a placed a clip far away in the end of the timeline, then, at the end of the day, rush to render their video so that it is ready the next morning, without checking if the duration matches their edit, only to realize, the next morning, that they exported many minutes of empty timeline area.

If no noise is recorded, and no pixel is rendered for a few seconds at the end of a video before another clip, a warning would be useful. of course, for those creating hidden track like in the old time of the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Real-Time Audio Mixing On Timeline

When raising a clip volume key-frame on the timeline you have to stop playback and begin playback again to hear the volume change.

It would be great when mixing FX and Music for the audio changes to be heard in realtime as you drag a keyframe or clip volume level.

Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio track mixer FX values disappear, are reset, or go crazy. This is a new bug with new Premiere, please resolve.

Values reset to 0 on all audio effects applied via Audio Track Mixer. This is a new problem with new premiere - has never happened to me in 7 years working on Adobe. This is happening across multiple work stations.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. NEW FUNCTIONL: Switch bitween audio and video with an shortcut under playhead

like selecting clips with arrows.
    When i unlink media the selected area goes automatically to video, when i want to delete the audio i need to click the audio first. i don't want to use my mouse when editing so an shortcut of switching selection from video to audio would be great!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dissolves don't fully complete when clips are on different layers

Dissolves work fine when both clips are on the same layer. They don't work properly when one clip is above the other(s) and essentially fading to transparent.

If both layers are meeting on the same layer, there is a smooth transition from one to the other. If the transitioning clip is on a higher layer, there is a noticeable jump between the final frame of the transition and the first frame after the clip has ended (I'm talking about a dissolve out here, the same is true for in).

It's not always possible to have the clips on the same…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Switch user settings without closing project

I use a shared system and often realize someone else has been working there and set it to sync their cloud settings. Fixing this currently forces me to close everything. Why? Update the settings without closing the project. They're just keyboard and interface settings, there's no reason to close everything for that.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adjust Audio Clip Keyframes Within the Source Window

Adjust Audio Clip Keyframes Within the Source Window
    A lot easier to adjust audio keyframes within the huge source window than to do so within the timeline. I know you can enlarge any timeline clip but that's one less step I'd have to do. I don't like to say do it because that's how FCP used to do it, but gosh darn it, FCP had that part right!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Title Bug

Just installed the new version of PP CC 2018.
    When I select [FILE] and then [NEW] and then [LEGACY TITLE], PP freezes when ever I attempt to select something, I get a Beep. I have to use Task Manager to exit the program and I lose all my edits.
    This bug is a disgrace - no error report or code...no nothing.
    What is work around?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please fix the Submix Bug

In the latest Premiere Version 12.1.1 when we duplicate a sequence, the submixes are being duplicated as well- but they are not working/applied. But they are marked as active. Workaround is to delete the FX in the Audio Mixer and then apply it back in.

Same problem if i send sequences to Media Encoder (12.1.1.12). The FX from the Submix is not applied. I already turned off and on native sequence import, which fixed the problem once. But i've had the same problem again later. Workaround is to directly export from Premiere pro.

This is so frustrating as we had…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base