Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stopping playback selects the clip under the timeline marker, making working with in/out markers painful

Since a couple of releases ago, stopping playback has started selecting whatever clip is under the timeline marker. This is incredibly frustrating when working with in/out markers, because if you begin playback, press [I] to set an in, press [O] to set an out, press [space] to stop playback & then [#] to perform a ripper delete of your in/out section... instead the entire clip is ripper deleted because the action of stopping playback now selects the entire clip. Performing ripper deletes on in/out sections is such basic/common functionality that this is incredibly annoying!

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report: can't clear in and out point from a sequence

There seems to be a bug somewhere. I can't clear in and out points from a particular sequence. If I clear the in and out point and leave the sequence then reopen it the previous in and out points are back. Premiere also behaves very strangely and often crashes!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Media browser: The ability to go up a level in the file hierarchy

I have been battling with the Media Browser recently, trying to find out how to simply go up a level in the file/folder hierarchy. Unbelievably, it seems that this most essential part of folder navigation is completely absent from Premiere. I honestly thought it must be user error, but, after much searching, this feature is evidently missing. Every other file browser since GUIs were invented has a way to go up a level - why is this fundamental feature missing from Premiere?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scrubbing bar refuses to move when importing audio track

The scrubbing bar crashes and refuses to move when I had imported an audio track. This happened when I imported tracks that were .mp3 files. I could still play the sequence, although the scrubbing bar wouldn't move along with the playhead in the viewing window.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Font issues after latest Premiere update

These fonts are not available in tools in Premiere after the lastest update: ITC Avant Garde Gothic 1, 2, Cond, and MM. They do appear in my other programs.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crash issues in grouped items, mac os

graphics editor full crash when clicking or going anywhere near an existing graphic which is grouped with other items or graphics. This is in Mac os 10.12.6, latest version of Premier pro

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Handling of Linked After Effects Compositions

I'm getting a serious crash when dragging linked comps in the Project window. These comps were generated by PP using "Replace with After Effects Composition" then edited externally, and were also renamed in that After Effects composition. They were also organised into new folders in the Project window inside the host AE file.

Dynamic Link is causing this crash, but how much freedom to we have to actually edit dynamically-linked assets?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug report for update 2018 from 12.0.1 (build 69) to 12.1. Loss of font (access), restore of 12.0.1, font back

I was advised to put this here by Adobe guy Dov Isaacs from a thread I discovered when I was searching for a solution to a crucial problem on the font handling on titles in Pr 2018. Looks like other people have/had this problem too on other programs like Typekit and Illustrator.

Updated to Premiere 2018, 12.1.0, with the 2017 Version still installed,

in PP 2018 Version (12.1.0): Font Helvetica LT CE not available, though Project simply renamed due to update, didn't check for other fonts.

PP 2017 version: Font available and working, as it was in the last version…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File linking error in Premiere v12.1.1 Build 10

Bug Report: Since updating to v12.1.1 Build 10, SOME of my media is forced to go offline and when relinking the media it deletes the clips with this message: " the selected file does not contain video media used by clip references in one or more sequences, these video clip references will be deleted and cannot be undone.

I am usually able to make this work if I change the extention from .mp4 to .mov on MacOS (if the original file was a .mov, then the reverse also usually works).

I have also seen success changing file extensions from .MP4…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prem Pro - Marker Colour Icons; add short description text beneath icon

Given there are seven colours available to be assigned to different markers on the timeline, is it possible to have a way of adding a short code to each colour so as it appears beneath the icon in the Markers Dialogue (this is the dialogue that opens when a marker is double clicked) and also in the Marker Panel which shows all the small marker dialogues with the thumbnails.

Is this too trivial a request when the world and Adobe are moving to 4K, VR and all the latest developments?

Am I the only one who thought of this request?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Constant Quality/Quantizer

Adobe software needs to implement both Constant Quality and Constant Quantizer options for H.264/5, with an adjustable Max bitrate setting that can also be applied when needed.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC 18 v.12 Bug

I'm experiencing a bug were a Premiere project opens on an item linked outside of Premiere (Illustrator, AE) it will crash before the missing font dialog comes up unless I quickly move the play head to an empty area of the timeline.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Avid DNXHD 220x Codec will not work in 12.1.1

Avid DNXHD 220x Codec will not work in 12.1.1. Premiere and After Effects interprets the file as having audio only and the picture comes in offline. There is no way to reconnect to picture when you link the media. A lot of our older projects contain files with this particular codec so we have had to downgrade.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the x to close panels / bins

In one of the recent updates the x on bin and panel tabs disappeared forcing me to right click and select close panel to close an opened bin within the project panel or window that is open that I want to close. They exist in After Effects, why take them away from Premiere?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. minimize bins

Please add the ability to minimize bin windows. I often work with multiple windows opened as tabs in a single window and need to quickly move them out of the way.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meu adobe premiere erro que nao consigo resolver

olá nao sei se estou postando no lugar certo, mais meu adobe premiere fica dando a opção de reparar sempre que renencio o pc e ele volta fica dando o erro do adobe já formatei minha maquina pensando que era problema nela mais ate o momento nao consegui resolver se alguem tiver como resolver isso para mim obg

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Failed Encoding When Using "Dip To White" Transition

I've encountered a consistent error while trying to export projects that use the "Dip To White" transition in Windows 10. However, when I switch the transitions to "Cross dissolve" I encounter no error and the encoding continues with no further errors. Has anyone else encountered this bug? I even updated Premiere and Media Encoder to the latest release and still encountered the problem. Here is the log of the error:

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \?\F:...screencast.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00;00;09;10 - 00;00;09;19

Rendering at offset:…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Enterprise accounts to manage their own activated devices

I can manage this in my personal account, but for some reason I don't understand Adobe, you have removed this from Enterprise accounts. You allow 2 installs, so why take this away from Enterprise? My IT department doesn't know why this is removed nor do they know how to manage this aside from just installing and waiting for you to tell us we must deactivate another device.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base