Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop it from crashing on startup every time! Totally unusable.

Upgraded Premiere to the latest and now it crashes everytime no matter what.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If you cut a clip with video, you can't paste it without the video

If I have an A+V clip in the clipboard, I can't paste just the audio - track targeting, enabling and locking be damned.

Even if I lock all the video tracks, Premiere is so ****-bent on inserting the asset that it creates a NEW track. Why??

Make the paste behavior consistent with cutting in a clip from the source monitor. Between track targeting, enabling and locking, at least one of them should override a paste action.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Thumbnail View in Media Browser refreshes continuously when "Write XMP ID to files on import" is on.

When the Write XMP ID preference is on, if I browser via the media browser with thumbnails, the thumbnails constantly refresh and reset to the top. It happens on both Mac and PC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Black Bars appearing after export on top and bottom of video

Hello,

I'm experiencing a pretty nasty bug with my timeline/exporting with Premiere Pro.

Here are all my settings before we get started.
    Camera - Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro
    Codec - ProRes HQ
    Resolution - 2K 16:9 DCI
    Frame Rate - Mix of 24fps & 60 FPS
    Timeline settings – 2048x1080 – Vertical 256:135

while editing in premiere the video is shown in the timeline and in the preview window as having no issues.

The problem appears after moving on from Premiere and onwards with Resolve, or any other platform for that matter. Because I'm editing the video, I export my…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Layer Shift Bug

If I use UltraKey on a layer and then apply a Drop Shadow effect and then Lumetri Color the layer shifts position down and to the right. The displacement comes out in the rendering as well. If I correct the position and then overlay anything over that track it shifts again as the track cross dissolves in. The shifting can be mitigated by putting the Lumetri Color layer before the Drop Shadow layer, but then it shifts when the overlay comes in.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer.

Ability to change font size in all windows, especially timeline. Reference Avid Media Composer. I noticed through the console you can change the overall font size which helps a little but if you go over 15 pt the timeline font gets cropped off at the bottom. In Avid you can change the font size of everything individually and not just the font size but he actual font it self. When you're staring at the screen all day it greatly helps to be able to crank up the font size and even to make it bold.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Defringer/Denoiser for Blackmagic design URSA

"Defringe" option from Adobe camera raw in color correction to remove cyan/magenta edge artifacts in Blackmagic Design URSA footage.
    Additionally maybe a denoiser for different cameras with a fixed pattern noise option.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop charging money for software that doesn't work.

Stop charging money for software that doesn't work.

The frequency of crashes and bugs has increased incredibly in the last couple years, especially in 2018. I experience multiple crashes daily and am constantly encumbered by ridiculous bugs that should have been fixed years ago or should never exist to begin with. Glitches on new features? Fine. Glitches on basic functionality? Unacceptable.

I have a capable machine with multiple SSDs and have edited on every version of the software as they come out. It used to be MUCH more stable.

The software is nearly unusable. For those of us making a…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug report: audio & video sync

I'm using ".mov" files in my project and it seems that audio and video are not sync properly. It starts fine, but after a few seconds, the video starts to repeat itself (some random parts) or slow down other parts, while the audio remains ok.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug Report --12.1.1 Build 10-- When duplicating a sequence ALL markers are lost on the original and copied sequence.

When I duplicate a sequence with markers, they all disappear. The original and new sequence are completely empty. The history shows every marker edit I made but the Edit>Undo command doesn't bring them back. This happened occasionally with a different project. But now I can reproduce the bug every time.

This completely derails my workflow. I'm extremely frustrated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give More Control Over Start Screen and Being Able To Make Changes In Prefrences

Give More Control Over Start Screen And Being Able to Limit The Quantity We Want Shown Just Like In Photoshop CC Or Completely Removing The Recents All Together

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You should be able to arrange clips in THUMBNAIL VIEW in a customizable way.

Currently you can move Thumbnails into a order but loosely around the bin with a customizable amount of space and rows. All that is available is a simple grid view. It would be nice to have a "light-table" of sorts to around clips in scene bins.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PP shuts down by moving the cursor in the timeline

PP stürzt immer ab bei Cursorbewegung in der Timeline mit nachfolgenden orangefarbenen Warnhinweisen:
    1. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'Cursor DataID-17' (Typ xml)
    2. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'SClose5x7N@2x' (Typ svg)
    3. Fehler beim Zugriff auf die Ressource 'S
    ErrorXlN_D@2x' (Typ svg)

Was kann ich tun?
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Johannes Bartsch

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I suggest you do a free program, as did DaVinci Resolve

I have been using paid subscription for over 3 years. If you add up the entire amount, you will see that I paid for the program several times. For example, in Russia only those who trade with Europe can earn money. Creative workers earn little money. There are many problems with paying for programs. I suggest you do a free program, as did DaVinci Resolve. Or some kind of social package for those who do not sell, but engaged in art. In such countries, there are many hacking programs. People want to create a quality video or photo, but they…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy/Paste Bug

There is a strange bug that causes Premiere to crash when trying to undo (command + z) a copy/paste of a clip from one timeline to another. Pinwheel of death pops up right after.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UI becomes unresponsive after 14 minutes of proxy processing

On two different OS X systems, I get Premiere hanging just under 15 minutes in after I begin processing Proxies. This occurs for 4k content where the original source is either MXF or MP4.

Adobe Media Encoder's UI becomes unresponsive with a beachball, yet the encode does continue in the background.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Feature Request: Fuzzy search through effects

I'd like to search for effects with my left hand only. For example I often search "cross" for audio fades, "war" for warp stabilizer, etc. However, all dissolves are not findable easily when having your left hand on the keyboard only. I'd like to introduce fuzzy searching here, such that I can write: "dssve" (which are the characters of dissolve under my left hand).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding a Pause button for voice-over recording

All voice recording equipment or voice recording methods have the ability to Play, Record and Pause. There should be a "Pause Button" for the "Voice-Over Recording" in Premiere Pro. I could not believe there is no "Pause Button".

What happens while people are recording and they need to get up for some reason. It would be nice to be able to Pause the recording then pic up where they left off.

What happens when people are recording and they loose their train of thought of a second. It would be nice to able to quickly pause the recording.

It seems…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base