Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Bug] Premiere 14.0.2 STILL DOES NOT play back Photoshop files with animated timelines.

PSD files which contain animation data do not playback in the new playback engine whatsoever. This is across the board in all 2020 versions of Adobe software, including the latest update from today 14.0.2.

This is a MAJOR bug, and we will not be able to use the 2020 versions of the software until it is fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. after exiting premiere MoGRT with responsive design-time won't store the retime

When you stretch the MoGRT with responsive design-time save and reopen the project it won't store the retimed data correctly instead the end animation would be cut off or lost somewhere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

3. Bug Report for Dynamic Linking with Mac OS Catalina

In Premiere Pro, I click on Edit Sequence in Audition, the av clips do not send to Audition. And in Audition when I export and want to open in Premiere, the clips do not send. This just started happening. It may have been right after I upgraded Mac OS to Catalina.

I also just tried to Replace with Adobe AE composition and it gave me a pop up that stated "Failed to connect to Adobe After Effects Dynamic Link".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Vertically align Open captions text against background box.

Please make the Open Caption text properly centered vertically against the background box and add the option to adjust it's position.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Captions crashes often. Multiple bugs in captions.

The captions system is VERY buggy:
    1. It's crashed Premieremultiple times.
    2.It has frozen the movement ( but not buttons) on my mouse.
    3. It can only display frames not time code.
    4 Pasting into the IN and Out boxes doesn't always work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ligature

Please add an option to turn on or off ligatures into the various text edit controls. Currently:
    The caption tool has ligatures turned on when importing a file and reportedly ligatures off if entering new text. No option to toggle.
    The new title tools has ligatures turned on and no option to toggle.
    The Legacy Title tool has ligatures turned off and no way option to toggle.
    The use of ligatures or not as desired in a consistent way requires workarounds particularly when it comes to captions, diminishing the usability of the caption feature.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10585290#10585290

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. captioning tool

Please fix the captioning tool. It is way behind the competition with other NLEs. It is insane that the captions are nested and if you do one change to a subtitle you have to render all of them again. Have a look at avid and davinci resolve for how they work. Also when importing an srt it does not automatically find the time code but instead you have to manually drag the layer to the starting point.
    We find ourselves having to finish on a different NLE just to output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Open Captions batch shift and line spacing

I NEED to be able to batch shift/move captions across the timeline. right now you can only move around one at a time. I can't believe this isn't an available feature. Please update.

Second is open caption line spacing. I can import an SRT as an Open Caption with special line spacing. But I can't adjust line spacing when creating new captions in the caption settings. This needs to be updated fast.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Importing individual PSD layers with transparency are corrupted within Premiere 13.1.5

I have multiple layers within a photoshop PSD file with different drawings on a transparent background. In my case, using different mouth drawings to animate within Premiere.

Upon importing the individual layers within Premiere, the files display completely corrupted. See attached screenshots.

Tried deleting the caches of Premiere and Photoshop, tried restarting, tried re-installing both programs.

Importing these individual layers within After Effects works fine, but not within Premiere. I have been using this workflow successfully for years, and only within the past few weeks has it been a problem.

I'm working on a Mac using Mojave.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug - Audio effect settings being reset when duplicating sequence

When duplicating a sequence, some of my audio effects settings, typically my compressor (usually this is a single-band compressor), has its settings reset.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially when other editors need to jump into a project, and suddenly the sound is messed up.

1. Set up a compressor on your Bus Track.

2. Adjust settings of compressor to suit audio

3. Duplicate sequence

4. Marvel as all of your settings are intermittently reset

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: ProRes wrong colors in MOGRTs

When importing MOGRTS that use ProRes encoded Assets, the Assets look washed out (brighter) than they are supposed to. Importing the ProRes file directly in Premiere does not lead to this problem.

This breaks some MOGRTS of mine, some of them actively selling on Adobe Stock so this is a big inconvenience for Adobe Stock customers and should be fixed soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. captions bug with styles while adding multiple captions

Hello. I think it's a bug in premiere, can't explain it otherwise.
    The problem is in captions window. I use File-New-Captions-Open Captions-Square Pixels. Then I start adding captins using Captions window and "+" Button. For the firt 3-4 pieces styling works fine, style of captions looks mire oe less the same (black bacground, positioning), I just need to adjust size. But when I push + Button for the 3-4 time suddenly black backgrpund is not there anymore and I can not turn it on. "Backgound color" button does not show anything.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Responsive Design time in After Effects Not work in premiere Pro

Responsive Design time in After Effects Not work in premiere Pro

Like it's supposed to work when export MOGRT to use in premiere

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

15. Issues with Responsive templates from After Effects in Premiere

I put together a new workflow for some videos that needed quick editing, creating time responsive templates in After Effects and then importing them into Premiere. That allowed me to create the animations needed, and then just make text and colour changes in Premiere. It was a good workflow especially since we had several people working on this project and I needed to insure animation consistency.

Once in Premiere, the templates were working as intended, where we could "stretch" them to fit the timings we needed. So if a template was originally 30 seconds long, but we needed it to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All!

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 that was released last night has new functionality to help resolve issues that happen when the retiming of a Responsive Time Mogrt gets out of whack.

We’ve added a new function called “Reset Duration” in the Graphics top bar menu, which will use the length of the track item in the timeline as the single source of truth for how long the Mogrt should be retimed to. So if anything ends too early all you have to do is select the Mogrt in the timeline, use the Reset Duration command in the top bar Graphics menu, and voila!

This will also work with multiple selections at a time.
    No more manual re-trimming or redundant work.

The primary source of the issue stems from relinking to the Mogrt’s aegraphic file in the Motion Graphics Template…

16. Captions bug when adjusting duration.

Using Open captions.
    I'm experiencing a bug when I go back to adjust the length of captions.
    I need to make several long captions shorter. When I go to drag the ends of the caption to shorten or lengthen it, it disappears, setting its duration to 0, the only way I can adjust them is by dragging the time code in the Captions window. Which is slow and tedious.

I think one of the best caption tools I have seen is Youtube's captioning tools. Which highlight the captions as you scrub through, and allow you to use the space bar…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edge rendering issue on close captions

In Premiere Pro CC 12.1.0 on Mac OSX 10.13.4 there are issues in rendering close caption edges on some characters. The problem appears with the majority of fonts.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rendering open captions

When i try to render my video with open captions (burned in the video) with Adobe Media Encoder the captions never show. I can only get my rendered video with the captions when i render through Adobe Premiere Pro which takes a lot of time and I can't work on any other videos while waiting for my rendered video

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio

Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio playback

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  31 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Add caption"

Please add an optional Keyboard Shortcut for "Add caption" when on the Captions area of the timeline.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base