Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Single Application

Bring all into one place as single application, so this will much help to use and make life easier for every video editors to use.

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ASCII project files

Please provide an option to save project files as ASCII files instead of binary. This is particularity needed for source control (such as when checking in Premiere Pro projects into a Git repository) and for traceability (i.e., who/when changed what) but also allows project issues to be easily rectified with a simple text editor (such as performing search-and-replace of media paths or replacing one plug-in with another and do it across projects in a fraction of the time that it would take to do it manually).

Note that all professional content creation software support ASCII files including Maya.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not the case that all professional content creation software supports ASCII files.

Premiere Pro project files contain both XML representations of project and timeline items, as well as chunks of binary data (from third parties as well as Adobe). No user editing or modification of .prproj files is recommended, or supported. Our media asset management partners use PPro’s APIs to export representative projects, as needed.

After Effects already provides an option the export a text-only version of the AE project; .aepx files.

3. Put DVD support back into it.

I figure that at $40 an hour you owe me about $640 for time wasted trying to figure out how to burn to DVD. Premiere Pro is priced like a professional product. It needs to act like one.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allowing kineraw to be native like red raw files . Camera company kinefinity | raw codec | kineraw

Please allow us to edit kineraw natively inside adobe premiere . Right now it works inside fcpx and davinci
    . only thing stopping me from buying the kinefinity mavo Lf is it’s raw capability’s that work inside adobe premiere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Formats team is working on other formats and priorities, and will be for some time.

The API we use for footage import is public; we’d be happy to help a third party write a Kineraw importer.

5. Put Browse in Bridge back into Premiere Pro

Now that I have the Creative Suite, I thought I would start using Bridge. Imagine my surprise to discover there is no "Browse in Bridge" function in Premiere Pro anymore. That just makes no sense.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Watch Folders

As I place assets into designated folders within the OS (videos, music, pics, GFX, SFX, etc.) they should automatically be imported into their corresponding bins inside of Premiere. It's a hassle having to organize hundreds of assets TWICE. Additionally, it's difficult to keep track of which new assets have already been imported into Premiere. Clients don't always have all assets available at the start of a project and send files through the course of the project.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve considered this, but that would allow random external users to add things to your project. For users who do want such functionality, it’s already available via third parties (like the Knights, mentioned by John Pooley).

7. Lumetri - Make all panels individual effects

For example if I want to use a curve prior to adding an input LUT, this would be useful. It can currently be done with the obsolete effects but new effects should be added up to date with the Lumetri ones.

Another use is adding multiple secondaries.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug report Premiere Pro CC 2018 Version 12.1.1 won’t import AVI files with MacBook Pro any more

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Version 12.1.0 won’t import AVI files with MacBook Pro any more.
    Perian is installed on my os (10.12.6).
    When tested on Premiere Pro CC 2017 Version 11.1.2 same AVI files imported without problem.
    Same bug with FLV files, btw. Can import FLV into Premiere Pro cc 2017, and can't import theme into cc 2018.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fix lumetri color crashing and random other crashing. my premiere is crashing constantly al lday and your customer service sucks!!!

fix lumetri color crashing and random other crashing. my premiere is crashing constantly al lday and your customer service sucks!!! premiere crashes at least 5 times a day from lumetri color, and crashes randomly with no crash report or anything in event viewer. ive never had this much trouble with premiere before please fix this!!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that you’re having a bad experience with the Lumetri Workflow and other areas of the application. Unfortunately, your feedback isn’t actionable for us without getting more specific detail on what’s causing trouble for you. Please come back and either look at other reports already on User Voice or enter a new bug report with steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
    Patrick

10. quicktime 7 support

I understand that you've removed Quicktime 7 support.

As someone who works in a post production house in Asia, there are several codecs (i.e. XDCAM HD422 & H.264) that would still be required in the technical specifications for deliveries to particular networks to be delivered in MOV.

This is disruptive to our processes, as we would rather keep our entire processes within Premiere but now we have to use other external software to output these.

Would it be possible to bring back the Quicktime support until you're completely sure it's obsolete in all regions of the world?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. return of the good old SAA-menu-system.

Combine the new menu structure with the good old standard saa-menu's that'll save tons of time - instead of every program having it's own menu-structure. I hate it!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dolby Digital support

Please reinstall Dolby digital support. Without these applications you can not create surround sound on a Dvd/blu ray disc? There are some videoeditors among us who can not affort more then $200 dollars for a Dolby digital plug in?!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Network Cluster Rendering

Allow networked cluster rendering, such as what is provided with various encoding software for cinema (See DCP-O-Matic network render server). This would allow much faster encoding. It may be difficult to get this to work with interframe compression, though. Basicly, export the frame, transfer it, transcode it, and send it back. Or, alternatively, automatically split the sequence into small clips (from keyframe to keyframe) (similar to Youtube's DASH), and render them over the network, assembling them as they stream back in.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for 3rd party codecs such as HAP

Quicktime 7 is still great you know.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix the update process

It is not ok, that a post dot update (12DOT1) messes up the file interchangeability. If on one machine the messed up update makes it impossible to export the work you did into a usable codec (hap, dds or any other QT-codec that is being used by pro-standard media servers like pandoras box or others) you have to be able to transfer the file (and working time) to another machine running 12.1 to export your work.
    Bring back qt7 and backward compatibility, please!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OS level support for old codecs was removed.

Rather than create new support for old formats, PPro will instead invest in support for popular modern formats.

PPro supports a unified plug-in directory for all installed PPro versions.

17. ring out

There should be an audio transition for creating a "Ring Out," where the end of a song reverbs out over time. Currently to do this requires chopping off the last note of a song, nesting that into a sequence, applying reverb to the nest, and crossfading it with the original song clip. A faster, more elegant way to do this would be very much appreciate and super-useful; it would save me a ton of time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe Paid version with limitations like Davinci resolve's & Avid's free version

Option for a paid version.... eg: $300 or other price limited to 4096x2160 60p (supporting newer cameras) like the c200, eva1, blackmagic etc. avid & resolve have both & remove certain features like limiting the editing software to UHD 3840x2160 60p Free version on both resove & avid... A one time paid version with 4096x2160 60p with raw file support eg: c200, blackmagic.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create a beta testing community so the rest of us don't have to drown in bugs

I'm bored of this software being absolutely riddled with bugs now.
    Why don't you start testing features before releasing them?
    You do? Test them more.
    Or create a community of beta testers who are expecting bug-ridden software, and don't charge them the monthly subscription you're charging me.

1. Greyed out search filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHqF-BvelpUtgLESRFh5UXdJVCubs6M6/view

2. Unclickable clips in Audio panner view
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tw7WRJqijAHQ5XwEXNhFxFPBhA8g6OwG/view

3. Persistent filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_cx6tqeyqg64cLERhQjw7VddNkxMFdd/view

4. Vignette keyframe bug
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/12N3r91UgirEfE83JnUcxcCtXL3vIxqP8/view

5. Broken waveforms in source pane / timeline
      https://youtu.be/FG3DhxfocNQ

6. Crash moving 'brush position' in 'Write-on' effect
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1unpdY3ETWfSO9T4OJeUzY9bVgHuQhbxx/view

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this thread as this is in many ways non-actionable feedback.

For one thing, there’s a beta testing community, and it is large and active. Which addresses the subject line.

As for the bugs listed in the comments: it’s ideal to pick one topic and add detail to it (or vote on something that’s already described like is the case for all the bugs listed here).

On a general note: I appreciate the sentiment, and there’s already a plan in motion to shift towards more investment in stability and performance.

Bugs addressed with 12.1. and 12.1.1 are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

A 12.1.2 release is in the works and will address a large number of concerns raised here on user voice and on the forums.

As always, thanks for the candid feedback. Keep it coming.

Patrick

20. Stop adding new features and work on stability

I'm sure we all admire your enthusiasm for adding new features and abilities to PP. But it is all for nought if you don't start thinking about stability. Perhaps it's fine for you in sterile lab environments but out in the wild it's a problem and you're losing users left and right to other NLEs.

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

We hear you on the overall sentiment, though – please come back and either look at the other requests already filed and vote for them, or enter a specific request or bug report if it’s not on user voice yet.

Thanks
    Patrick

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base