Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STOP Rushing your updates!!!!

It seems like you guys can't get an update out without having a bug that wastes users' time. I just took the time to add markers to a long list of clips only to find that they disappeared on some of them, and on others they've moved. This is ridiculous, and it's disrespectful of the money we pay, and our patronage. Markers are basic function for editors with a wide range of EVERY PROJECT uses — if you can't get a basic function right, then DON'T RELEASE IT!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere freezes my PC (Windows 8) everytime I try to open it

Premiere freezes my PC (Windows 8) every time I try to open it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Premiere Pro work with the graphic card NVidia Quadro M1000M

The graphic card is not listed under system requirements (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html). It works with older versions of CC programs (2017 versions). But the programs doesn't start after the 2018 update. I've found this problem in these programs: Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Audition CC and Media Encoder CC.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are dependent upon the hardware manufacturers to update their drivers for use with current OSes. Each release, we make difficult decisions about which hardware we can and cannot continue to support.

We continue to invest significant development effort in GPU acceleration.

4. Resign

If you cant achieve the same kind of quality with your program for PC as it is on Mac you might as well not even sell it for PC. The problems with this program are too many to count on PC. Frankly I don't much like Mac and would rather use a PC. That is why I am looking into alternatives to premiere pro because everytime I attempt to edit a project of sizeable length I encounter a problem with your program. I am forced to use it in college but I am graduating soon and I will find and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In App Web Browser

I'd like to have a plug in available for a Web browser, It would be good to be able to look at my scripts/ storyboards in app while editing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add middle mouse button functionality

Allow the middle mouse button to be used from scrolling, or to be added to key shortcuts in the key command editor

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep support for Windows 7

Windows 10 is by March 2019 still a complete disasater. A backwards version of Windows.
    Me and I guess a lot of people are everyday downgrading to Windows 7 to have a decent computer back.
    We need Premiere Pro to still work on Windows 7

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Beat Detection

For those of us that are not great at keeping a beat, it would be a nice feature to have a beat detection in Adobe Premiere Pro. This would speed up edit time and less room for human error when detecting beats with the marker tool.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere DVD/Blueray Menu Features

Dear Adobe,

I love your products and it's easy for me to make professional art at high quality with your products. You have this old piece of software, Encore, to make dvd/blueray menus. I loved encore because I could make high quality menu affordable for me. Could y'all please make it so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall Premiere to use Encore or bring something like it to Adobe CC. I want to make dvd/bluerays with subtitle options with bonus features for behind the scenes. Cause I want to make a professionally high quality product that people who like…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Re-enable Previous Versions of Premiere Pro for Download

Please get us back previous versions of premiere pro for download, this is essential, at least until all bugs in 2018 are fixed

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Newtek SpeedHQ Codecs

The SpeedHQ codecs are the native formats for the Newtek Tricaster products and are frequently used. They were effectively killed in Premiere and Encoder when 32-bit support ended recently.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OS level support for these older codecs has been removed.

Rather than creating new support for old retired codecs, Adobe will continue to invest in supporting popular modern formats.

Premiere Pro’s SDK allows any interested party to create support for any codec they wish.

12. Make older video files compatible with Premiere and Encoder

Older video files no longer work with current Adobe Premiere and Encoder. In fact, when I try to import them, my whole system locks up. Forums tell me I have to install older versions of the software to make it work. Why put customers through such hassle? Why not just make Adobe backwards compatible for older video files? I'm not talking about ancient video files, it's video files from a few years ago. We can't all afford to buy the latest cameras every year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Premier Pro - Not Have A Computer Tied To One Task.

I would like to be able to continue using my computer for other tasks while it is capturing video. Presently when capturing video footage you are confined to the capture window. The moment that the capture window is no longer the selected/active window capturing stops!

This means that a highly capable computer is tied to this one task and cannot either work else where in Premier Pro in another screen or run another app. This surely must be possible as I am able to do this when running other similar programs.

Tying up a computer like this is costly, especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Capture requires accurate timing, and (potentially) most/all system resources. In order to ensure maximum quality and minimum issues, PPro will continue to block other work while capturing.

14. Single Application

Bring all into one place as single application, so this will much help to use and make life easier for every video editors to use.

Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Media Encoder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ASCII project files

Please provide an option to save project files as ASCII files instead of binary. This is particularity needed for source control (such as when checking in Premiere Pro projects into a Git repository) and for traceability (i.e., who/when changed what) but also allows project issues to be easily rectified with a simple text editor (such as performing search-and-replace of media paths or replacing one plug-in with another and do it across projects in a fraction of the time that it would take to do it manually).

Note that all professional content creation software support ASCII files including Maya.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not the case that all professional content creation software supports ASCII files.

Premiere Pro project files contain both XML representations of project and timeline items, as well as chunks of binary data (from third parties as well as Adobe). No user editing or modification of .prproj files is recommended, or supported. Our media asset management partners use PPro’s APIs to export representative projects, as needed.

After Effects already provides an option the export a text-only version of the AE project; .aepx files.

16. Watch Folders

As I place assets into designated folders within the OS (videos, music, pics, GFX, SFX, etc.) they should automatically be imported into their corresponding bins inside of Premiere. It's a hassle having to organize hundreds of assets TWICE. Additionally, it's difficult to keep track of which new assets have already been imported into Premiere. Clients don't always have all assets available at the start of a project and send files through the course of the project.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve considered this, but that would allow random external users to add things to your project. For users who do want such functionality, it’s already available via third parties (like the Knights, mentioned by John Pooley).

17. Put DVD support back into it.

I figure that at $40 an hour you owe me about $640 for time wasted trying to figure out how to burn to DVD. Premiere Pro is priced like a professional product. It needs to act like one.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allowing kineraw to be native like red raw files . Camera company kinefinity | raw codec | kineraw

Please allow us to edit kineraw natively inside adobe premiere . Right now it works inside fcpx and davinci
    . only thing stopping me from buying the kinefinity mavo Lf is it’s raw capability’s that work inside adobe premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Formats team is working on other formats and priorities, and will be for some time.

The API we use for footage import is public; we’d be happy to help a third party write a Kineraw importer.

19. Put Browse in Bridge back into Premiere Pro

Now that I have the Creative Suite, I thought I would start using Bridge. Imagine my surprise to discover there is no "Browse in Bridge" function in Premiere Pro anymore. That just makes no sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lumetri - Make all panels individual effects

For example if I want to use a curve prior to adding an input LUT, this would be useful. It can currently be done with the obsolete effects but new effects should be added up to date with the Lumetri ones.

Another use is adding multiple secondaries.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base