Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

163 results found

1. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track

After opening a project, the audio will not play in any open sequences. In order to get it to start working, you have to solo and then unsolo any audio track. This has been an issue since Premiere Pro Version 12.1 for sure. It may have been introduced in version 12.0.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue.

3. Loupedeck no longer supported? Why?

The Loupedeck is no longer an option under control surfaces in Premiere 2020. Why was this removed from Premiere?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to replace Media without After Effects in *.mogrt templates

Ability to replace Media (like videos or photos) from Essential Graphics panel in Premiere Pro in *.mogrt templates

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search box occasionally unusable

Several users in the forum report that the search bar is grayed out and unusable as of the 12.1.0 update. This happens on Windows and macOS. See forum thread for more context and perspectives: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10305852

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  6. 171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. ADD UNDERLINE OPTION TO ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS

Underlining text is one of the most basic tools and clients request this ALL THE TIME (I do video editing for research reports) – how is this still not an option????????

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Luminance/Saturation Curve in Lumetri Color

Please add luminance/saturation curve in Lumetri Color. The one like in DaVinci Resolve. Users could desaturate based on the luminance range much easier than using HSL Secondaries.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue.

10. Dropdown Lists in MOGRTS

Dropdown lists of predetermined data would be an excellent addition. I currently use the slider control in AE to cheat this. The ability to assign descriptive titles to the function would be amazing.

For example, I created a number of different transitions for a simple line of text. In the Essential Graphics panel within PP the user simply adjusts a slider to change transition types. Being able to assign descriptive words such as 'Slide In' or 'Fade Out' and select it from a dropdown menu would be great!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
  12. April Update: Problem importing PNGs, PNGS often have artifact parts from other PSD docs, whats up?

Please fix, my regular edits are taking way too long. This never happened before the pre- april 2018 update.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update to 12.1.1 which addresses PNG issues.

Fixed
    PNG files containing Alpha look are correctly displayed with the default interpretation of Straight Alpha.

In some PNG frame sequence exports, frames no longer get mixed together (superimposed).

13. Option to use proxies or source clips when exporting

I use Premiere generated proxies with a baked in Rec709 LUT for my projects. For previews it would be nice to have the option to use these proxies and not the source clips when exporting.

Yes, you can choose to add a LUT in the export dialoge, but since I'm working with different cameras and log formats this is no option for me.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
  14. auto scene cut detection

It would be great to have an auto scene cut detection feature like in DaVinci Resolve. It would save a lot of time for working with a compilation of clips in the same video file, as well as give an upper hand for colouring footage straight in Premiere Pro. Being able to do apply this to a clip in the timeline would be supremely helpful.

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove proxies

An option to remove proxies from clips. Otherwise the only choice is to delete the proxies, but then the program is constantly bugging you for them when you relaunch. I'm having an issue where I replaced proxy files with new transcodes, but the system still shows them at the wrong size in the timeline (match framing shows them as they should be). I'd love to be able to simply delete the originals and start over, but it isn't possible.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do use our own software, thanks!

If you’d like help with those major issues, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

18. Bug: Premiere Pro 2019 alpha channels not rendering transparent

clips with alpha channels in the timeline are not rendering transparent on export to Prorez 422

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
  19. Essential Graphics and Effect Controls Panels stack layers in opposite directions

When creating layers and groups in the Essential Graphics Panel, they work top-down. The same layers and groups as they appear in the Effect Controls Panel are reversed and work from bottom-up. It's confusing and counter intuitive. Please make the layers in both panels work in the more natural direction of top-down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Needs Color Management

I can't believe that my calibrated screen ICC profile doesn't work with Premiere. How am I supposed to color what program monitor doesn't show me an accurate image? This is SOOOO BASIC. WHY???

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base