Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

• Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
    • In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
    • iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines. Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)
    555 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

As Wes noted, we are looking at many areas for optimization and have made strides in the last few releases already.

We recognize there are still many areas to improve performance and we are investing in appropriate areas.

Threads that are catch-alls are often non-actionable. Please keep giving us specific feedback on what workflows are slow for you.

Technical solutions may not always be as obvious as some people may be suggesting as the application architecture is often very different than people’s conception.

Short answer. Yes, we want to and will make it faster.

2. P2 File structure no longer work in media browser 2020!

This has some how been broken in update. Please fix this fast – it's essential to me!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Type Tool in Essential Graphics. Change text in text layer.

What I don´t understand: If I use the Type Tool I can write text right into the program monitor. Okay, fine. But if I want to change the text I would wish to be able to change it in the text layer. That would be a lot easier then finding with the mouse the right spot. And it is possible mostly with MOGRTs in the Graphics Panel. I think it would be an improvement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better project management

We often need to collect the project for transfering or archiving purposes. When collecting - all assets will be collected in one folder which is a bit messy....it would be great if files can be collected in 2 ways:
    - following the Premiere project bin structure
    Or
    - following the folder structure on hard drive
    That would help us a lot in keeping the collected projects organized.

346 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Animation Tracking/Kerning text in Premiere Pro CC 2019

Hi Guys. I am trying to animate the tracking/kerning of my text in premiere pro cc 2019, but every time i click on the stopclock(toggle animation) to animate the text, it simple jumps to one state of keyframe to another. You know how can i smooth this transition?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

8. multiple projects

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Open a Project

2. Open another project

3. Look at your screen

Results:

Multiple projects are open and it is very difficult to understand which project is which. It is much too easy to close the wrong project or affect an asset in the wrong project. Many users complain that the workspaces also change when if this is a workflow you want people to use then the workspace should stay the same throughout. A few suggestions:

1. Let the user disable this feature. It does not make sense for all of your users.

2. Make the highlighted/active project very obvious.…

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

While we are not considering removing this long-requested feature, we hear you on the room for improvement.

Thank you for your feedback

9. Color Coded Sequence Tabs

Being able to color code tabs when you have multiple sequences open.

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Grace period for being offline is not working... making me sign in each day. This is unacceptable as I plan on editing offgrid.

Grace period for being offline is not working... making me sign in each day. This is unacceptable as I plan on editing offgrid.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
    While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

12. Bug with multiple audio clips from Premiere: Edit clip in Adobe Aduition

Hi. Running on latest versions of Premiere Pro (13.1.4) and Adobe Audition (12.1.3.10) Before when you had multiple audio clips on a timeline in Premiere Pro you could just choose them, right click, and click "Edit in Adobe Audition" and it would open ALL the clips in Audition. Now it makes extractions of all the clips, but it only opens one of them in Audition.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keyboard shortcut for in/out point for captions

When listening to the audio to type the caption, it would be nice if we could map a shortcut key to set the in/out point to the CTI

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Essential Graphics Panel/Titler - how to bridge the gap and improve titling (proposal)

I like the concept of the essential graphics panel but at the moment it is very basic compared to the legacy titler (that I love because it allows a great deal of customization). The reason I always preferred Premiere Pro to others is the depth of customization possible because I like to create my own graphics, animations etc.
    Now, I was thinking at a solution to bridge the gap between the new essential graphics panel and the beloved titler:

1. Adding the features lost in the essential graphics panel in particoular: a) add all the "fill types" for text and strokes…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Team Project Revert Changes

Sometimes during an editing session changes were made that are not wanted, either indavertently or you just changed your mind. Normally a user would be able to close the project and not save the changes, but with Team projects this is not an option.

Add a feature to Revert Current Changes which would abandon all current changes and re-sync back to the previously shared version.

It could be invoked via a Edit / Team Project / Revert Current Changes menu item, with an appropriate warning dialog.

This would allow a user to stay on the currently shared version, even if…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please bring back folders for essential graphics panel and an easier way to instal multiple mgrt files.

I'm dealing with a lot of motion graphics templates in my essential graphics penal and things are starting to cluster up. The mgrt files are from different sources and there is no way I can easily organize them. The search function is near useless since most of the templates have the samey generic name like "Lower Third_01", which doesn't help at all when searching for a specific style that I need.

I tried using the Libraries workaround but it's just too inconvenient.

Please Adobe please bring back the ability in Premiere Pro Essential Graphics panel to let us create user…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sort alphabetically within User Order on import

Currently, if you have a folder sorted by User Order and you batch import (shift-click to select), say, media1.xyz, media2.xyz, media3.xyx and media4.xyx, they won't appear in alphabetical order. They'll be in some wacky, seemingly random order like media2, media4, media3, media1 at the bottom of the folder. It's not even reverse order. It's scattershot.

If i import media1-4, then those items should appear at the bottom of a User Order-sorted list alphabetically within that set.

(i realize i can sort the folder alphabetically by Name - that's not what i'm requesting here. i'm asking that when i import sequentially…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Curved Corners and Background Scaling to Open Captions

Add ability to curve the corners on the rectangle behind the Open Caption text. Also add ability to scale up the bg rectangle separate from the text scale itself.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reveal in Media Browser

Similar to "Reveal in Project" or "Reveal in Finder/Explorer" it would be nice to have an additional "Reveal in Media Browser" option that opens the chosen file in Media Browser, including showing the folder path in the left hand column.

One of the common uses of "Reveal in Finder" is to quickly find other takes from the same card/folder that have not yet been imported. Because some file types can not be natively previewed in Finder or Explorer (eg RedRaw, or ProRes on a Windows machine), it would be much easier to reveal the files directly in the Media Browser…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Team projects for all full CC licenses.

I currently have a Creative Cloud One year Membership in which I can't utilize team projects. I work in collaboration with other editors but we live in different areas and finance our own equipment and software. We all have full CC memberships but can't collaborate efficiently.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base