Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Master Graphic properties cannot be edited in ECP

If you create a graphic using the graphics dropdown menu, and then upgrade it to a master graphic, it can no longer be edited using the Effect controls window and only in the Essential graphics window if you drag it onto the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mov files from iPhone keep resetting when rendering.

I've never had this problem before where the clip will stutter and just reset no matter how I trim it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Reset, to what? I take it these are variable frame rate clips?

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

3. Text Sequence Editor

Text that pops up at every marker similar to the sequence editor , but the text is coming from a pre written script and the way it pops up can be customised. Kind of like a glorified subtitle machine with more features - maybe even with audio to text support?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove auto-add audio tracks

Currently, Premiere Pro adds audio tracks to a sequence whenever a file with more audio tracks than the sequence contains is opened in the Source Monitor. So, say I have a sequence with four audio tracks. If I open a clip in the Source Monitor that has 8, four more tracks are automatically added to the Sequence. This is behavior is fine for the auto-generation of NEW sequences, but frustrating in that it modifies an existing sequence with no user input whatsoever. The functionality for adding tracks, as well as source patching and track targeting, works fine, and this behavior…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make essential graphics title icon invisible

Can you please make the essential graphics icon invisible if one hasn't actually entered text into it? I guarantee you, no one wants that little grey A symbol thing as part of their video. Sometimes I click in the program monitor to select it, and unwittingly I add this little icon to my image. It's not necessary, you can just have the blue box appear when we click into the screen and if nothing is entered, that doesn't show up inadvertently on screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MOGRTS don't always show up in the Essential Graphics Panel. Can this be fixed?

Fix the Mogrts import feature. It's not working all the time. I've run into this a couple of times. It imports and does not show up. If I try to import again, it says "Overwrite?"
    Windows 10 CC2018
    I've got a ton in my panel, but sometimes I'll run into some that won't import

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  16 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. XML position data missing on export from Premiere 2019

Position data is missing in xml when exported from premiere 2019. Big problem for anyone wanting to export a sequence...to grading for example.

PLEASE FIX.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to copy effects on essential graphic clips

Right now if I copy an effect and paste it on another EG the type and words and everything else pastes. not only the effect.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug report: Team Project Markers disappear if loaded into source monitor

I was working in a team project and had marked a sequence.

When I drag that sequence into the source monitor all of the markers disappear in the source monitor AND on the sequence.

Here's where it gets even weirder - when everyone attached to the project has shared and accepted the latest changes, the markers still exist on the sequence for everybody EXCEPT me.

My team has duplicated this multiple times now - and each time the user who drags the sequence into the source monitor permanently deletes the markers at the source and sequence level, but not for…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow us to delete encoder presets

There are a lot of settings I will never use. Some are outdated (DV), others I just don't have a need for.

I appreciate all the presets provided, but all the clutter makes it harder to find the settings I actually use. Let me delete or at least hide the settings I will never use.

This might belong in the Media Encoder section, but it also applies to Premiere and I find it more bothersome in Premiere.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is it better to allow removing those presets or simply have an interface that is simpler with the most common delivery formats? Should there be a progressive disclosure for those that want access to more settings but not necessarily expose that?

We recognize that there are a million settings in Premiere Pro and AME – most of which are irrelevant to many users. It’s an interesting discussion on how Export should be designed so we are genuinely interested in hearing more from people about what they’d like to see.

13. View Source In Timeline

I would love the ability to open a source clip in the timeline to easily configure audio tracks, scrub the clip, and create markers and in/out points. Much the same way you can open a source sequence in the timeline panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Snap in Program Monitor

While moving a clip in Program Monitor, snap in the border of the Program Monitor. Also snap in the border of other clips that are in the same place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable.

Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Essential Sound Ducking: Keyframe Generation taking unreasonable amount of time

Audio keyframe generation takes around 15 minutes for a 25 minute long program.
    Trying to change audio gain while this is happening brings up the "Calculating Audio Peaks" window with an immobile progress bar, which doesn't move until the keyframes are generated, which leads me to believe this is an issue on the level of Audio Peak generation.

Have tried reducing project size, removing unused clips and files, clearing media cache and changing its location to an nvme ssd. Nothing helps.

Latest premiere pro update (12,1,1 build 10), on mac OS Sierra, Mac Pro late 2013 with no shortage of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released an update (12.1.2) that has a number of fixes incl. an update to the generation of keyframes for audio ducking. Further info is available here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

It would be great to check if this updates also covers the issue you were facing. If not, it would be great if one of our engineers could get in touch with you to take a closer look at your project, settings etc.

Thanks
    Patrick

18. auto import

Please add auto-import option to Premiere

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Selecting Title graphics crash PP

The only way to use title graphics in PP now is for me to create the title effect then immediately nest and render it. Otherwise, the program crashes the moment the title graphic clip is selected.

Please fix this bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. better GPU support ?

When I stabilize anything really, the analyze goes well, but at the first milisecond of attempt of stabilizing, my GPU instantly crash and my PC with it.
    Before accusing my hardware like even I would do on a forum, I must point out that it's my proffessional computer, equiped with high end Nvidia 1080, and that this perticular crash occurs ONLY with premiere pro 2018. 2017 stabilisation works fine.
    I also completely deleted creative cloud (meaning i spent one day of WORK to delete and reinstall several gigs of data for Nothing).
    Now i contacted the support already. never got…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you share what version of the OS you are using?

Did you update your GPU drivers at any point? What version is installed now?

Since this is a GPU issue, is it safe to say that this problem does not occur in Software Only mode?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base