Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

296 results found

1. Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track

After opening a project, the audio will not play in any open sequences. In order to get it to start working, you have to solo and then unsolo any audio track. This has been an issue since Premiere Pro Version 12.1 for sure. It may have been introduced in version 12.0.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

55 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue.

2. fix morph cut bugs

Morph cut is buggy, erratic, unstable. When it works it is amazing but most of the time the "Analyzing in background" bar keeps appearing even after rending, but sometimes after multiple tries it disappears. The message bar also appears frequently in exported media. Some have posted that this doesn't happen if you export from Premiere directly, But I've had it happen both ways.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Color space override is grayed out when selecting multiple clips - BUG

When you select multiple .MXF files from a Sony FX6 that were shot in SLOG3 and right click - Interpret Footage -> color space override is grayed out. It only works if you override one clip at a time. This isn't always the case and the bug seems to come and go. The bug might only happen when there is a mismatch between clip settings.

For professional use, the fact that a LUT is automatically applied drives me nuts. It's not the LUT I will ever use. It takes multiple clicks to override this auto-applied LUT and as I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  4. Rendering issues

Hey for some odd reason since before Christmas I can't render in to out and even when I try to export.. it does nothing. When I click render in to out nothing pops up not even the ETA box or telling how many files left to render. Also having the absolute hardest time opening dynamic links between AE and PR. I thought it was an update was going to drop very soon again, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My entire Adobe clouds is updated and I'm running a MacBook Mojave 10.14.2. Please tell me if you've had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  5. mts format recognition

After updating to Premiere 12.1.0, it will no longer recognize .mts files from previous projects. Most (probably all) files it doesn't recognize were recorded with a Panasonic GH2.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  6. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bugs in April 2018 Update

The Reveal in Project feature for both clips and sequences is not reliable, sometimes work sometimes doesn't, only highlighting the next panel, not opening the bin in which the clip/sequence is located.

When two projects are opened at once, one of them is restricted on making changes like duplication etc., many tasks are greyed out and can be used again only when close the other projects.

There's no option to label a Shared Projects with right-clicking. Only using keyboard shortcuts works.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  10. Feature request: option to revert to legacy screens for new project and export.

The new interface for creating projects and exporting seems dumbed down and requires more clicks to achieve the same goal as on previous versions.

I feel this is targeted towards new editors at the expense of experienced editors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It would be helpful to know exactly what you don't like about the new workflow so we can improve and move forward.  We will not be going back to the old designs.  One tip I'd like to share is that you are not required to import media when you create a project.  You can just enter a name and location and hit create.  This will create an empty project like before and then you can import in all the ways you are used to (drag from finder, media browser, File>import).  This is exactly the same number of clicks as the old method.       

11. Expanded Lumetri - Node Based Effects and Color

This technique would incorporate, in the back end / behind the hood of premiere, The Flow Chart from Encore/After Effects, Adjustment Layers (in the Expanded Lumetri panel), Masks, Tracking, and dynamically linking the "Adjustment layers" to effects in the Effects Control Panel to make adjustments in the Effects Control panel as well.

This is basiclly a way for Premiere to introduce 'Nodes' while maintaining it's current Effects Panel. The one issue I find with this is parallel nodes. I'm not sure what the stack order would look like in the Effects Control Panel. Each 'Node/Adjustment Layer' should allow for tracking…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating as Completed. We have added multiple shadows and gradients for text layers. If there are more specific feature requests for Essential graphics improvements please create a new UserVoice post. For gradients for strokes and shadows please add your vote or comment to this UserVoice request https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43047765-gradients-for-strokes-and-shadows

13. 174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue.

14. Reveal Sequence in Project not working properly on Mac in 12.1

Hi, this is on Mac OS X 10.13.3 Premiere 12.1

It used to be (in the previous version of Premiere) that when I used "Reveal Sequence in Project" if the item was not within the bin currently open in the Project Panel, it would open a new panel at the root location of the sequence and display it.

Now in 12.1 it simply does nothing unless I manually open the enclosing bin in the Project panel. Otherwise it just does nothing, with no feedback or anything.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. cursor disappears

Our news dept just switched over to multiple seats of Premiere Pro. They are regularly experiencing a bug that I have found online evidence that dates back to at least 2016. The visible cursor intermittently disappears. It works elsewhere within Windows 10 however is not visible within Premiere. Only a restart of Premiere restores the cursor. We have not been able to identify a pattern to causes the cursor to react this way. This alone is rated the highest irritant of using Premiere when they were polled for their reaction to Premiere after 2 weeks of use.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

710 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: 23.1.0 (Build86) Thumbnails not showing in Project Panel

Several projects in this version do not show thumbnails for assets in the Project panel, whether still or video files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Solo to the rescue. (CC version 12.1.1)

When I load projects, often times some of the audio channels will not produce sound upon playback. Clicking all of the solo buttons twice (on and off) eliminates the problem. This seems... rather odd.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  19. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do use our own software, thanks!

If you’d like help with those major issues, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

20. High priority bug: EVERY sequence crashes at 34:46 on the timeline in latest update v22.3

The latest update to Premiere Pro has a HUGE and crippling bug on my system (and judging by the forum posts many others too). Every timeline I open on projects new or old crash at 34:46 on the timeline. Exports hang at that time and Premiere can't be recovered to a useable state without a Force Quit. Audio sticks on the sample at that time when scrubbed over.

This is a massive problem that renders this version of Premiere Pro unusable for sequences over 34:45 duration and needs fixing as the highest priority.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base