Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Bug saving or loading custom "Metadata Display" settings

Saving your own settings in the "Metadata Display" menu does not apply to the size and position of the columns in the project window. When loading your own settings, the number of columns corresponds to the stored ones, but their size and position relative to each other remain at the previous values.
    In addition, it would be nice to be able to force the "Metadata Display" settings to user values ​​when opening projects, ignoring the settings of the loaded project.
    This is dramatically important for those who open up many archival projects.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live Logger metadata import to Premiere Timeline

I would love to see the "Unassociated Metadata" panel from Adobe Prelude in Premiere Pro.

In addition it would be great if there was the ability to import .XMP files from the iOS Live Logger app onto a timeline rather than just per clip.

This would really improve our post-production workflow by importing notes that we took on the set, using time of day timecode.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Lucas Neuman

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch Export Still Frames

I've looked this up and seen a lot of talk about Batch Exporting Frames from the past years but it's still not a thing. Would really like a way to do one or both of the following:

1. Automatically export 1 frame from from every clip in the timeline

2. Set markers where you want Premiere to export frames and then have it automatically export those frames.

Doing it one by one for big projects can be a pain. This would be useful for a lot of reasons but I'm looking to work on color correcting stills from the project where things…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Workspaces (and keyboard shortcuts, metadata display) Saved to your Adobe Account

Since custom workspace files are only a few kilobytes, why not just have them automatically save to your adobe account? That way, every time you login to Adobe on a new workstation, wherever you are, you can have instant access to you custom workspaces, metadata organization, and keyboard shortcuts. Rebuilding these from scratch is tedious and this would prevent you ever having to do that again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Read TC from audio track (after using Tentacle Sync for example) and batch sync option

It would be nice if Premiere Pro can read timecode from audio track, when using things like Tentacle Sync, which writes timecode to an audio track). Also batch synchronizitaion when you have many files (via audio or timecode) directly in bin, or on time line would be nice and will make preparation stuff much faster.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Metadata Display and Proxies problem...please fix with future update.

Hi,

I'm working between 2 systems. 1, my main computer and 2, my laptop to watch and review proxies while on the road. The Proxies are great, small, easy to play files that I can load onto my laptop, but to watch the original size production footage I need to hook up an external drive. Being able to use Proxies without the original production footage is a huge help!

My problem lies with the Metadata Display(see photos). When loading only the Proxy files on my laptop, the Descriptions column data is there, but the Rating and Category column info has…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy/paste metadata columns

Yes, like in Avid...

In a perfect world, the bins of an NLE would be as powerful as a spreadsheet & database program.

So for a power user (e.g. an assistant editor managing a feature film with thousands of clips), any functionality to manipulate and organize the data is useful.

As far as UI design, can be easily implemented with highlight-a-column+copy/paste, or right-click on a column header.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Batch Audio Syncing.

Merging Clips to audio one at a time is much too slow, this comes especially true if I sound files are delivered in .wav folders as opposed to polywavs and I need to subclip those together.

It would be nice to be able to make multiple different sub clips at the same time based on time code. Avid does this feature incredibly well and premiere needs to step up to the plate.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BATCH EXPORTING TRIMMED BROLL W/OUT INDIVIDUAL SEQUENCE NESTING

THE FACT THAT EDITORS CAN'T EASILY BATCH EXPORT MULTIPLE VIDEOS WITH THE IN/OUT POINTS. THE ONLY WORK AROUND TO THIS IS TO SEQUENCE NEST EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL VIDEO WTF??? THIS SEEMS LIKE A NO-BRAINER THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED YEARS AGO.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Batch synchronize needs to be updated.

Batch synchronization needs to be updated drastically, the fact that Multicam is still the only way to synchronize clips in 2020 is crazy.

Surely if other NLEs and plugins can do it PP can? You already have the sync for single clips per video layer, can it not be improved to cover multiple clips in a highlighted range?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Easily adjustable rules for applying luts to footage.

You cannot batch control luts right now on master clips. It would be great if we had a way to apply luts based off of metadata such as this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PPRO 2018: you can't install mogrt files to Essential Graphics in batch mode only one by one

Mr Developers maybe you have to work harder to solve these simple problems like this. In PPRo 2017 you could install in batch mode with only copy the folder(s). In PPRO 2018 also you can't create your own folders to oraginze your mogrt files. Congratulations!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Avid works like this. Clips work like this in Premiere. Thumbnails for sequences show up in Icon View in Premiere. Why not for list view?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Batch ReLinking Media: Only getting audio files FIX THE GLITCH!!!

I now have to individually relink every clip because when I batch relink, every video clip after the first one only relinks the audio. It is so bizarre. This has never been an issue until the most recent upgrades to Premiere, and I don't get it. Fix the glitch!!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Correct your AS-11 DPP metadata

Files are flagged incorrectly as Full when they are legal I cannot deliver to UK broadcasters from Premiere Pro 13.0.2!!! That's Mental!!!!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display Audio Track Metadata

We use a Sound Devices scorpio recorder to record audio. And we name the track according to the mic or person. Now when we import the audio file into Premiere pro, it doesnt show this track name from the metadate, Instead it shows Ch 1, Ch2 etc or A1 A2 A3.

Due to the absence of this feature, we are not able to do our edit in PP, and our edit work is stuck.

it will be really helpful if this feature is included in the next update

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save/Save As- changes to metadata display settings and source track presets

When making changes in the metadata display dialogue, if you want to save changes to a current setting there is no option to simply overwrite the settings you're working from. You have to type the name of your settings exactly or you end up with a new setting. Similarly to how workspaces function, there should be an option to "save changes to these settings" and then also an option to "save as new settings". The same is true for source patch presets. Basically all settings in the interface should have the option to "save" (current settings) or "save as" (new…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save my metadata display layout

Although I can save which columns I want to display I can't save the order in which those columns are laid out. It would save so much wasted time if we didn't have to constantly reorder the columns in every bin, every time we reopen a project in order to have the info we need easily visible. This is a standard feature in Avid and FCP.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Bug ]Very large XMP Metadata file embedded in MP4 and MOV

Premiere & Media Encoder in some cases embedds XMP files into .mov and mp4 containers.

I have just exported a sequence (SD) to a .mp4 with 3 Mbit/s.
    Estimated file size was 21 MB. Final file size was 106 MB.

Exported to Quickime .mov with Cineform codec. File size should be about 219 MB, final result was 305.

Encoded the MOV to MP4...final file still 106 MB.

Demuxed the .mp4, then muxed it again to .ts file, encoded with Media Encoder to .mp4, final file was 21 MB.

So I encoded the file without muxing from Premiere, and it created…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Batch Audio Syncing like pluraleyes

I often record audio separate from my in camera audio and sync them in post. Sometimes after a day of interviews I have lost track of which audio clips go with which video. I want to lasso all my video and audio clips and hit a sync button to match them all up with one another. If this could be done in Prelude that would be great as well.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base