Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Timecode sync audio/video in batches

Sync audio and video by timecode in batches:
    It would be great if you could select an entire bin or folder full of clips and autosync ALL of them in one go via timecode. As it is right now, you need to do them one by one which is very time consuming if you have hundreds of hours worth of material.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BATCH EXPORTING TRIMMED BROLL W/OUT INDIVIDUAL SEQUENCE NESTING

THE FACT THAT EDITORS CAN'T EASILY BATCH EXPORT MULTIPLE VIDEOS WITH THE IN/OUT POINTS. THE ONLY WORK AROUND TO THIS IS TO SEQUENCE NEST EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL VIDEO WTF??? THIS SEEMS LIKE A NO-BRAINER THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED YEARS AGO.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Workspaces (and keyboard shortcuts, metadata display) Saved to your Adobe Account

Since custom workspace files are only a few kilobytes, why not just have them automatically save to your adobe account? That way, every time you login to Adobe on a new workstation, wherever you are, you can have instant access to you custom workspaces, metadata organization, and keyboard shortcuts. Rebuilding these from scratch is tedious and this would prevent you ever having to do that again.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Force Premiere to use XMP sidecar files

Entering file metadata on multiple clips at once seems to cause Premiere to crash for some of us. (See this issue reported almost a year ago: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36933751-bug-entering-xmp-metadata-in-batches-causes-crash)

It seems that one way to resolve this issue might be to create a setting that forces Premiere Pro to write XMP metadata to sidecar files even if a given file format supports embedding it within the file.

Even if this issue were to be fixed, it seems like sidecar files would be less error prone and I personally would feel more at ease if Premiere wasn't altering…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Batch Export Still Frames

I've looked this up and seen a lot of talk about Batch Exporting Frames from the past years but it's still not a thing. Would really like a way to do one or both of the following:

1. Automatically export 1 frame from from every clip in the timeline

2. Set markers where you want Premiere to export frames and then have it automatically export those frames.

Doing it one by one for big projects can be a pain. This would be useful for a lot of reasons but I'm looking to work on color correcting stills from the project where things…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch ReLinking Media: Only getting audio files FIX THE GLITCH!!!

I now have to individually relink every clip because when I batch relink, every video clip after the first one only relinks the audio. It is so bizarre. This has never been an issue until the most recent upgrades to Premiere, and I don't get it. Fix the glitch!!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to be able to see my mark in and out points in a sequence in the bin metadata.

I would be much easier to set consistent in and out points when exporting multiple sequences, it also avoids opening each sequence to check mark in points. I theory it should be an option to add to the metadata display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open Captions batch shift and line spacing

I NEED to be able to batch shift/move captions across the timeline. right now you can only move around one at a time. I can't believe this isn't an available feature. Please update.

Second is open caption line spacing. I can import an SRT as an Open Caption with special line spacing. But I can't adjust line spacing when creating new captions in the caption settings. This needs to be updated fast.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Creation Date / Date Time Digitized metadata not accurate.

When footage is imported, the metadata reads incorrectly, shifting the Creation Date and Date Time Digitized timestamp by several hours. It shifts by different amounts for different cameras. There is a long thread on this in the forums that has never been solved (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2087685).

Adobe personnel remotely took control of my computer to diagnose and they too, were at a loss. Many people are having this problem. It makes editing in sequence with multiple cameras nearly impossible. There is also no workaround. All cameras were set to record date/time accurately and synced accordingly. Fix your bug, folks. It's…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. metadatas r3d : being able to see original shooting frame rate in Premiere for slow moiton shots

I work at the moment with a lot of various slow motion footage (r3d), in an 25fps project, and when I want to know the original shooting frame rate of a shot, the RED matadatas don't appear in Premiere. I have to reveal in Finder avec open it with RED player to have thoses metadatas.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save/Save As- changes to metadata display settings and source track presets

When making changes in the metadata display dialogue, if you want to save changes to a current setting there is no option to simply overwrite the settings you're working from. You have to type the name of your settings exactly or you end up with a new setting. Similarly to how workspaces function, there should be an option to "save changes to these settings" and then also an option to "save as new settings". The same is true for source patch presets. Basically all settings in the interface should have the option to "save" (current settings) or "save as" (new…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Batch Image sequence import

We're working on animation movies, and more specifically editing a feature film. We have 1600+ shots in this movie, that are all rendered to image sequences in various 3rd party software.

We need an efficiant way to import the shots into Premiere. Right now, there's no way to batch import the sequence. We should at least be able to drag & drop folders containing image sequences and have them imported all at once.

A dialogue box upon import should ask us if we want to import the folders content as image sequences, and maybe even let us define the framerate…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9: Batch Render In/Out BUG

There is a BUG with Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9. Selecting multiple sequences in project window, then "render in to out" successfully renders all sequences.

However, render files are lost, or deleted, or missing, or magically vanished if exiting Premiere Pro CC 2019 after completion and saving project.

The renders ONLY remain intact if a user modifies each and every single timeline that was rendered in some fashion, then plays portions of each and every timeline. Timelines turn "GREEN" after render completes. And unless they are modified in some fashion, will be "RED" when reopening project.

This was…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Read TC from audio track (after using Tentacle Sync for example) and batch sync option

It would be nice if Premiere Pro can read timecode from audio track, when using things like Tentacle Sync, which writes timecode to an audio track). Also batch synchronizitaion when you have many files (via audio or timecode) directly in bin, or on time line would be nice and will make preparation stuff much faster.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PPRO 2018: you can't install mogrt files to Essential Graphics in batch mode only one by one

Mr Developers maybe you have to work harder to solve these simple problems like this. In PPRo 2017 you could install in batch mode with only copy the folder(s). In PPRO 2018 also you can't create your own folders to oraginze your mogrt files. Congratulations!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Bug ]Very large XMP Metadata file embedded in MP4 and MOV

Premiere & Media Encoder in some cases embedds XMP files into .mov and mp4 containers.

I have just exported a sequence (SD) to a .mp4 with 3 Mbit/s.
    Estimated file size was 21 MB. Final file size was 106 MB.

Exported to Quickime .mov with Cineform codec. File size should be about 219 MB, final result was 305.

Encoded the MOV to MP4...final file still 106 MB.

Demuxed the .mp4, then muxed it again to .ts file, encoded with Media Encoder to .mp4, final file was 21 MB.

So I encoded the file without muxing from Premiere, and it created…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I've seen posts since 2007 talking about black images when importing batches. That is more than a decade ago? AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING!!

I've seen posts since 2007 talking about black images when importing batches. That is more than a decade ago? AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING! So it would be a good idea if the designers paid attention to old bugs and trace them historically to actually see if they have been fixed. Or, even better, just FIX THEM!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy/paste metadata columns

Yes, like in Avid...

In a perfect world, the bins of an NLE would be as powerful as a spreadsheet & database program.

So for a power user (e.g. an assistant editor managing a feature film with thousands of clips), any functionality to manipulate and organize the data is useful.

As far as UI design, can be easily implemented with highlight-a-column+copy/paste, or right-click on a column header.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save my metadata display layout

Although I can save which columns I want to display I can't save the order in which those columns are laid out. It would save so much wasted time if we didn't have to constantly reorder the columns in every bin, every time we reopen a project in order to have the info we need easily visible. This is a standard feature in Avid and FCP.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Filter Bin Content search box producing ZERO results

Project in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)

I have organised a large project's assets by filling in metadata in fields such as Scene, Shot, Description, Comment, Log Note. Some assets have this information stored in Clip metadata, some in both Clip and File (XMP) metadata.

Typing any known keywords, phrases, clip names, bin names etc in the Filter Bin Content search box yeilds ZERO results, and displays the collapsed root bins of the project with nothing selected/hghlighted.

Sometimes it expands a random bin not containing anything resembling the searched keyword.

It seems to be completely broken…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base