Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warp stabilizer ease on and off

Often stabilisation is only needed for part of the footage duration to stabilise the camera. When the subject makes a move the whole shot wobbles. If the 'smooth motion' were animatable you could ease it off to zero when the camera person gets his/her/its sht together, lol. This would be far easier than masking the subject.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Disable/Enable Toggle for Appending of Filename When Publishing

In version 22.3, the text " _Vimeo ", " _YouTube ", " _Facebook ", etc. are appended to the output filenames when using the Publish features.
    While this naming convention can surely refine the user experience and simplify the process, it should be optional. In terms of batch exporting/publishing, removing this text from the title is time-consuming and tedious.
    An option to disable/enable this feature for those who may or may not need it only seems logical.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Easier transcripting in Premiere Pro, equal to PreLude.

We are, in NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting company), working on several big documentary-projects, where transcripting interviews is key to keep an overview of all the interviews and quotes. PreLude, which is a discontinued application, had a good workflow in using the playback-features on an interview while writing the transcript. In Premiere Pro, this is more complicated because we have to stop the video, open the "Comment Marker"-window, write, close the window and play the video again, as in PreLude you could do all this at the same time. If this function was available in Premiere Pro as well, we too could…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow a bypass of this useless new 'IMPORT' page... so users can go right to the eding software that works fine with out the 'IMPORT' page.

I’m not quite sure what the though process was with some of these new UI element. Specifically the “IMPORT’, “EDIT”, & “EXPORT” windows. These are infuriating. They server no purpose.
    Starting a new file use to just start. From there the user could attack the project in whatever way they wanted. This IMPORT page doesn’t allow the use to move forward without predefining a project name, and using a dropdown setting that is WEAK in comparison to the operating systems basking file saving explorer window. SOOO MANY CLICKS! Why?
    So many GIGANITC folder icons. Why?
    All of this is useless.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Project Window

The updated UI for a New Project" is so much more cumbersome. Please give us the option to switch back to the original window. This new look is actually more time consuming, because it's spreed out across the screen.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Has Adobe lost its way with Premiere Pro ?

I have posted this within the Community Forum to see what views other users have.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-lounge-discussions/has-adobe-lost-its-way-in-positioning-premiere-pro-to-the-right-market-segment/td-p/12967567

This is a mix of Product Management / Engineering issues - but fundamentally comes down to question 'what is the prioritisation of Engineering Resources allocation for Premiere Pro now and in the future?.'
    If resources are scarce, then why waste them on recent GUI changes that in a lot of people's eyes were not exactly high priority.
    Recent changes have sparked a major outcry, but we still see stability and performance issues.

This post is meant to be constructive and not a swipe at…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to do maths in the number boxes, like in most other Adobe apps

I do maths in the input number boxes in After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator all the time (eg. something's scale is 317%, I want it half that, so I type "/2"). It seems weird that PPro cannot do this, and I have to use a calculator to work stuff out. Could we please have this ability?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better Controls to Export an Animated GIF

On behalf of editors, I request better controls for exporting an animated GIF file from Premiere Pro. Currently, the file size of these files is often too large to post on websites and social media sites. The results are better using Photoshop > Save for Web (Legacy). Editors would rather not use Photoshop and simply need more control over the size and quality of the exported file. Is this possible?

This forum post currently has over 56,000 visits. Kindly upvote this feature request so that others may have this ability to create GIFs easily and with a lower file size.…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2022.3 Time Tuner Devastating Change!

My job is to slow down .wav files 4.27% to sync with video clips for International Distribution. I have been using the Time Tuner tab in the Export Tool to accomplish this perfectly. Pitch is maintained, Length is as close to exact as I need down to the Sample and Millisecond.

In version 2022.3, I load my previous preset which displays 4.269999999999996. I select the box and want to change it to 4.27 and all I get is the 4 making my audio 5 seconds short and obviously not in sync.

Until this is fixed, I cannot use 2022.3 as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. export selection as premiere project does not clean up project

export selection as premiere project does not clean up project anymore

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There is a bug with captions

In the past month, I've edited 60 videos with captioning. The captioning feature works pretty well. However, I happened to notice that the captioning was bleeding over to the next frame - only with frames for which I removed the sound.

Just an fyi. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly? But now, I have to go back and correct the caption bleed for 60 videos... Ick...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. External Monitor with M1 MBP Degrades Performance

Mac OS Montery 12.3.1
    MacBook Pro 14inch 2021
    Apple m1 Pro with 16GB

When connecting to external ASUS PA278CV monitor, performance in all versions of premiere pro suffers greatly. I have tested with another 27inch Dell monitor and seen the same degradation in performance. Lag and stutters on the most basic timeline with single 4k clips.

If you disconnect the usb-c connection, and run premiere pro then everything works fine.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. import modify export

how to remove the new "Home/import/modify/export" bar ? It takes a lot of place (almost 2 tracks) and is completely useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Batch Syncing Audio & Video with or without timecode

There should be a way to batch sync videos from multiple cameras and audio sources (even if they don't have timecode and even if they are in a regular sequence and not a multi cam sequence (like when shooting interviews). Doing them clip by clip on the timeline is tedious. Would love to be able to drop clips on a timeline, select all, and sync without putting every single clip on its own track.

Maybe Premiere could move clips to a new track automatically when necessary (and perhaps be smart about it so that if it does move clips to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import function not intuitive with more steps to accomplish the same task.

The new import function defaults to all files in a folder being selected. I do not find any way to deselect other than one at a time. Also, there is no file tree available on the left menu. I find the idea nice, but the execution is horrible. As always, Adobe has seen fit to make a simple task more complicated. Going back to 22.2

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hard Limiter Glitch?

I always use a hard limiter on final exports and have up until now never had an issue. I apply this feature to all channels to boost overall volume and prevent clipping at the default -0.1db.

However, on my latest project the audio for the whole timeline gets stuck at what looks like exactly -4.5db even when the input boost is raised to a ludicrous 50db (see attached image).

Of course that's not a bad level but for some social platforms it's advantageous to boost your levels a little higher due to their compression. Any idea on why this might…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Random crash when exporting a project to Final Cut Pro XML with VST3 plug-ins

Windows 10
    Premiere Pro 22.3.1 (Build 2)

Premiere Pro randomly crashes when a project containing one (or more) VST3 plug-ins is exported to Final Cut Pro XML.

How to reproduce it:

• Add a VST3 plug-in to an audio clip;
    • Select file -> export -> Final Cut Pro XML;
    • (get a Translation Report warning about the effect not being translated, should be harmless);
    • get a random crash after a while.

The crash is non-deterministic: sometimes it happens right away, sometimes after Premiere is sent to background below another app, sometimes after I delete the XML file manually.

The crash occurs also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH M1 MACS. PLAYBACK & EXPORT GLITCH

Major glitching issues in playback and exporting on Apple Silicon computers. I have an M1 24" iMac, and I've seen people with this same issue on other Silicon models. It seems to have to do with the SoC architecture of the M1 chips. Premiere is not able to fully recognize the GPU in the computer, and so it doesn't know how to properly handle the footage. This is a serious issue that creates unusable videos, and will cause many to move to FCP or Davinci if not solved. Thank you!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new update is horrible

This new Import/Edit/Export set up that came with the newest update is awful. It clumsy, cumbersome, convoluted, and unnecessarily complicated. I understand how it works top to bottom and I can confidently say this is the worst update Premiere has ever received. Before this update, everything was accessible and streamlined (especially when creating a project or exporting a video), now I have to click a bunch of tabs and buttons to get it do something that was previously accomplished with a few key strokes. I keep seeing in past similar comments that Adobe did this because their research said it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base