Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. P. Pro not using correct graphics card

Myself and others have found that P. Pro is not using the correct graphics card when exporting. I understand that not all export material is exported using the graphics card, and that exporting is a highly CPU entistive process, but we have found that the program will use the integrated graphics. Even the P. Pro GPUSniffer lists the dedicated graphics card first in the command prompt, but the integrated graphics is still used. More information and troubleshooting steps that have been talked can be found in the following forum/link.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10369694#10369694

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

62 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lock clip in time when moving between tracks

Please please please add the ability to hold a modifier key when moving clips between tracks that will lock that clip in time. The snapping feature is not reliable enough and it really slows down editing. Final Cut pro has the feature where you hold shift and you can move a clip to a new track but it will stay exactly where it is in time, which helps things from getting out of sync. It's reliable and allows you to work quickly. In Premier I constantly have to move to the head of the clip and zoom in very closely…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Black Video Bug returnsss

I have a huge issue with Premiere Pro, the black video bug. i am trying to make a showreel, but like half of the previously rendered videos dont show, i can still hear the audio, but the videos just display as black... unless i turn off the CUDA GPU render option... but to render everything purely relying on the software aint an option.

HELP PLEASE

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Source timecode effect or more advanced timecode effect

Need a better TC filter to be able to display burn-ins on exported sequences for source clip TC, with selection of various source tracks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [BUG?] Premiere Pro does not playback audio since update to CC19

Since update to CC19 (currently on Version 13.1.4, Build 2), Premiere will not playback any audio anymore. Audiolevels show visually on screen while playing and/or scrubbing, but I hear nothing. I have triple checked the Audio Hardware settings (See Screenshot), I have tried with/without headphones plugged in, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling premiere, nothing helped. Every other adobe program works perfectly fine.

I'm running on a 2014 15" Macbook Pro and OSX Mojave (See specs screenshot)

Any help / ideas?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG : Responsive Design does not work on video layers in graphics panel premiere pro 2019

System: Mac Pro (mid 2012) Mac OS ver 10.13.6 (17G8030)
    Premiere Pro 2019 ver 13.1.2 (Build 9)
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro K5000

Bug: In premiere pro when creating a graphic in the graphics panel and I add responsive design intro and outro durations and then add video layer to the edit panels layers. The text and shape layers have responsive design but the video layer does not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a problem we could fix relatively easily if we can get it to happen internally. But looking at your screenshot and your description, there is some missing info. Specifically:

(1) I can see the into / outro values in the EGP for your selected Graphic. But that does not tell me what about your motion design is not happening for the clip layer, but is happening for your shape and text layer.

(2) You mentioned “add video layer to the edit panels layers”. I assume you mean drag and drop a video clip from Project Panel to the Essential Graphics Panel’s layer stack, correct? Also, is it necessary to drop the video clip into the Layers pane AFTER you’ve added Into /Outro values to the whole Graphic?

(3) Any other steps you did that might help me repro the problem too?

7. Save for a previous version of Premiere

Ability so save a project for a previous version of Premiere. The same way After Effects does.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SOLVE SECOND MONITOR OUTPUT (from release 13.1)

Second monitor Output issues after updating to 13.1(build 193) or 13.1.1 ...

We cannot have output anymore to the second monitor !

I have the main monitor Dell 34" UltraSharp U3417W (3440x1440) connected in Display Port, and the second a 22" Phillips (1920x1080) connected in DVI (on a Nvidia GTX 1080 TI)

Updating Nvidia doesn't solve, inverting screen 1 to 2 doesn't solve.

Switching Display port before starting premiere permit to solve temporary, but after restart we need again to switch DP port !
    It's impossible to work like that.

Release after release, there are more and more bugs.
    Customer…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hotfolder Premiere Pro

Hotfodlers would be a very nice and even heavy requested feature in Premiere Pro. It would be so time saving when you have an editing preset with all your folder and footage already in the project and when you have new footage just put it in the file destination in a selected folder and it will auto appear in Premiere Pro.
    So you don't have to organize the clips in the folders as well in Premiere Pro.
    Pls ad these hotfolders!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Exporting Using Markers

I often work on sequences that have multiple sections of video that need to be exported individually. It would be incredibly useful to export or even batch export using my marker points that already exist rather than having to go through and mark in and out points one at a time.

The file I have attached shows a project I'm currently working on. This project has multiple courses. Each sequence contains a different course and each marker needs to be exported as separate videos.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brighten_or_darken_the_interface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding more visible clip information when exporting video.

Must add more naming, time code, effects and treatment such as sizing and speed to exported reference movies. This is helpful data when submitting edit reference reels to color houses and audio post!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to create Multiple Sequences from Multiple Clips

Just like After Effects, when you Create a new sequence from multiple clips, premiere should offer the option to either:
    A) Single sequence with all selected clips (current functionality)
    B) One sequence per clip (requested functionality)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Frame Replacement for Decode Errors - Painfully buggy 'feature'.

Sadly still persisting in 13.1.3.

This is causing so much trouble in my post facility. Can this new feature be disabled? It clearly doesn't work properly and needs fixing. It's extremely problematic in a professional environment and needs an option to disable.

Clips will randomly show this error while editing, making it impossible to work and export a master. The exact same files may have worked properly 10 minutes earlier, and can fixed by re-opening the project or using a different computer. There is no consistency to the errors or workarounds, we just have to keep re-opening projects until it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lock Workspace

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us have the ability to LOCK a workspace once we have the panels and windows in place. Accidental click and drags causing windows and panels to shift and resize or disappear all-together when you're in the middle of editing is really frustrating.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

- Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

- When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

- When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic multicam timeline restore

Please develop a tool to recreate a Premiere Pro multicam timeline from X cameras records + a record from a live switcher.

Example : 5 cameras live event.
    Each camera is recorded on a single file (cam1.mov, etc.)
    The video switcher signal is recorder on a single file (live.mov)
    You give to Premiere the 6 files. He analyzes and recognize each camera switch by comparing the switcher file with the camera source files.
    As a result, an edited timeline with all cam synchronized that is available to a further editing.
    That would be game changing function for live events such…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I need to work!!! 13.1 is a shocking release

After 13.1 release I have a lot of new bugs!!!!
    - Playback and encoding don't works properly with a lot of lags/freeze/lock images...!!!
    - Media Encoder or premiere shut down randomly!
    - Previous title editor shift/hide commands sections...
    - Workspaces don't recall real windows positions/layouts!!!
    And other minor but incredible bugs...

And a lot of other minor bugs... incredible...

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base