Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12646 results found

1. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Premiere Duplicate Sequence with Version Number Up Natively Not Copy 01

Sequence duplication doesn't use the next version number like After Effects. Instead you can't use Ctrl + D to duplicate a sequence and it always adds Copy 01 instead of the next version number. V01 would become V02 instead of V01 Copy 01. Please help dear baby Jesus!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. UPGRADE LUMETRI COLOR | offset wheel?

The colorist's work lacks a global color offset ring to balance the frame. Currently, there is no possibility to quickly adjust the white balance without any effort in the presence of an offset wheel in the color panel (screenshot attached). When to appear and how long to wait? This is an incredibly necessary addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "Sequence creation date" in the metadata options (like in Avid)

This is a basic feature in Avid. Having the option to find when was a sequence created or modified (date +time).
    I used this feature all the time in Avid when I wanted to sort the sequences in order when it was created and modified.
    There are so many examples of when this would be useful, but for example if I have two sequences with the same name (it happens, believe me), but I want to know when was each one created. Or if I open someone else's project and need to know when they created a sequence. There are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fonts

Is there an option to collect the fonts used and the Luts in my project because when I open it on another computer it tells me that the fonts are missing?

You could implement this feature in future updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. prioritize which waveforms to load first.

i'm working with 4 hour melts for sports and it says generating peak file. and its gonna be doing that for a while. and while it does that, i need to cut my music , but my waveforms for my music wont load because the software is too busy trying to generate waveforms for the 4 hour melt first. ridiculous. there needs to be a way to tell the software to prioritize generating my waveforms for the music first!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Markers with duration add snap and go to ending marker support

Marker durations are great for measuring time for music cues, preparing a list of cuts given the duration to meet for a broadcast shows, different networks require different durations. Markers with duration work great except when you want to snap or go to the ending of a durated marker. The snap doesn't regard the ending durated marker. Neither does go to marker, only the beginning of the marker is snapped.
    I'd request to include the ending position of durated markers in the snap to timecode and include the go to marker to go to the next marker head, not just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right Arrow Key or Delete Key Closes 'Save As' menu

When entering a file name in the 'Save As' menu in premiere pro or media encoder, pressing the right arrow or delete keys closes the box.

Premiere Pro Version 23.0.0 (Build 63)
    MacOS Ventura 13.0

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New export page problems

Really not working for me. Randomly doesn't let me change codecs, for example unable to change between h264 and quicktime. The 'more' button doesn't seem to open anything so I can't alter bitrate etc. Can you introduce a legacy export page??

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back change color and change to color

I just upgraded to an m1 computer to find that change to color and color change has been removed.

I create hundreds of edits for an ecomm company and I don't have time to sit there and color through lumetri color. Those 2 effects were so simple and easy and made doing a quick color change effortless

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Color Management batch change

Please separate clip colour management settings, so they are no longer part of 'interpret clip' dialogue. Currently if you are trying to amend colour management for a batch of clips, all of the interpret settings are being applied to the batch (frame rate, PAR, Field Order etc). Alternatively a batch amend for interpret, where you are able to 'untick' the options you do not wish to amend would solve this issue.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update

Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update. Every time it auto saves the bar freezes and I am forced to quit Premiere, losing my save. This happens on my computer at work and at home, as well as my freinds computers.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Frequent crashs with new version (23.0)

After updating my version of Premiere pro a few days ago, I'm having a lot more crashs of the software (at one point, it crashed 5 times in the span of 10 minutes). Some minutes ago, it crashed as I was simply opening a new project, so I decided to downgrade it to the previous version (22.6.2)... Thoughts?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Premiere 2023 BSOD

Since updating to Premiere 2023, it's made my PC blue screen of death 3 times whilst scrubbing the timeline/ dragging audio length. It was fine with 2022.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Premiere playback laggy with M1 Ultra Mac Studio

Upgraded to the M1 Ultra Mac Studio(20core CPU, 48core GPU, 32 Neural Engine, 64GB ram running OS 12.5) and am experiencing slow playback performance. The footage is 4k 420 10bit H.265

I've been working on my 2018 PC (i9, GTX 1080, 32GB ram). I've had the PC for 4 years and am used to the performance it has with this footage. Opened the same project on my new M1 Ultra Mac studio, that's 4 years newer, more than twice the price, and significantly faster/more spec'd out, yet my PC is handling the footage better.

I've spoken with Adobe Care on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're not getting the performance you should be. I'm one of Premiere Pro's product managers and a particular area of focus for me is formats and performance.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the HEVC files you're using (e.g., what camera they are from, what wrapper - .mov, .mxf - they are in)? Even better would be to share a project and its media that you're seeing the issue with. 

I'd be happy to get on a call with you to discuss the issue you're seeing but let's start with some basics and go from there.

Regards,

Fergus

19. Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0. About 5-10% of clips I applied WS to show a black frame at their ends in program win.

Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0.

About 5% of clips I applied warp stabilizer to show one black frame at their end in the program window.

I tried exporting this part to see if it's just a visual glitch -- they won't export! An error message mentioning GPU is shown. (attached)

As a workaround, I tried extending the problematic clip by 1 frame, and putting the next clip in above layer, overlapping by that one black frame. The problem still persists! The black frame is visible through the top layer clip, which shouldn't be possible.

After playing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Styles" presets change only highlighted text instead of the entire text layer

I frequently combine text with different fonts/sizes/etc in the same layer when composing credits. For instance, one style for the role or crew position, another for the name.

In Premiere, applying a Styles preset to highlighted text changes the entire text layer, incl. unhighlighted text.

PS does this with ease using Character Styles.

If I am in need of a clue, I would appreciate some kind soul educating me about this. I've tried various approaches and I just can't get Premiere to stop changing all the text to a given Styles preset when I only want to change the highlighted…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base