Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug PrPro 2020: Export "Using Previews" not working

I have a timeline with several AE comps that I have rendered to the green status in GoPro 10bit

When I try to export an h.264 with the 'Use Previews' option the previews are ignored and AE is run in the background slowing down the export to a crawl, even thought I spent a lot of time rendering previews already. This is a straight export out of Premiere, not an AME export. This is a very typical workflow for a lot of projects and it's very frustrating that it's broken again.

Steps:

1. Create project with several Dynamic links in a…
    6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

317 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  67 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro does not fully kill its process when closing on Windows

On the latest Windows 10 OS and Premiere version, when closing the premiere application, it does not kill the premiere process. The window will close but the process is still active and taking a large chunk of memory (viewable in Task Manager). To fully kill the premiere, you have to end the process via task manager. A new premiere window cannot be opened unless it is killed fully via task manager.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premere 14.0 BUG: Distorted Videos during playback

I'm having this strange problem with the newest release of premiere pro.
    Im usiging a 2080ti and AMD Ryzen 1800x with 32Gb ram.

You can see that one image is distorted this happens only in playback but is pretty annoying since i can't edit with accurate results. Please Fix this

You can clearly see the bad shadow in "Hello4" photo

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

216 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

601 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
    what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
    Patrick

8. Bug - Playback Completely Glitchy

Playback is totally screwy on this newest update. I noticed the issue becomes increasingly worse the more I shuttle using J-K-L to scrub through my footage. This is a huge issue since that is the primary way I have learned to quickly scrub. Upon a restart the issue goes away until I shuttle again at which point the playback goes kind of nuts and while the audio plays like normal, the video seems to be completely lost and switches between where it should be and some other random part of the video. Stopping playback doesn't even resolve the issue. Sometimes…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

64 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  26 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Crop Bug Premiere Pro 2020 - MBP 16" 2019

When you add a crop to a video clip and use all four values the clip image becomes corrupted on the new MBP 16" 2019

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 8 GB
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x7340
    Revision ID: 0x0040
    ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
    VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
    Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
    gMux Version: 5.0.0
    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
    Resolution:…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shift-dragging audio keyframes in the timeline no longer keeps audio the same level.

Selecting audio keyframes and shift-dragging them used to keep them the keyframes at the same decibel level. Now when I do this, it bumps it down a few decibels and then stays the same level.

As usual, Premiere fixes or adds one thing, and breaks another.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Volume "reset parameter" sets level to +9dB

My office has recently upgraded to Premiere Pro 2020. In the effect control panel, clicking the "reset parameter" button on either the "Volume" or "Channel Volume" control sets the audio level to +9.0 dB, not 0.0 dB as it had in previous versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More things wrong with captions

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38080990-everything-wrong-with-captions-in-premiere-pro-13

The above link is a post detailing issues with captioning. Here are some more that I would like to add to the list:

The most egregious failing of the system is the text-editing inabilities of the Captions panel. The text box does not respect standard system keyboard shortcuts for caret navigation. All of the following standard text-editing shortcuts, that see heavy usage with document editing, do not work as expected:

• Home/End: Instead of moving the caret to the start/end of the line, it selects the first/last caption in the list.

• Up/Down: Instead of moving up/down a line, it…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remembering media export folder for every sequence

If i export a video it always goes to the place a recently exportet a video.
    Premiere should remember that for every sequence.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Having a Multiview window for Video Tracks without having to create a Multicamera Sequence

I think there should be a window for monitoring whats going on on your different Video tracks without disabling them or having to create a Multicam Sequence.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ENHANCEMENT: New Bin Encloses Selection

In After Effects, when you have multiple assets selected and select New Bin, the selection is placed in the new bin.

It's a fantastic time-saver when you're sorting assets, and it would be lovely for Premiere to match that behavior.

Behavior:
    1. Select a set of clips you'd like to bin.
    2. Press New Bin.
    Result: When the New Bin is created, the selection is moved inside the bin (if the selection is more than one clip)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2020 Multicam stuttering

Bug Report - When playing back a multicam in the timeline at double speed there is awful stuttering present after about 5 or 10 seconds of playback. I am using proxies and the same exact workflow as the 2019 version and this was not present in that version. This makes double speed editing a hassle when it it used to be seamless and efficient. Please fix.
    Windows 10, 32gb RAM, GTX1060, latest Nvidia Studio Drivers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. MOGRTs support blending modes set inside AE when creating them

I have created a style look in AE that uses blending modes on solid layers with generators. They look great in there when I add a clip under the design and use pass through in the layer settings. However when I export them as a MOGRT they break when trying to use them inside of Premiere because Premiere does not support using the blending modes set inside of the AE project. This is a big snag because now the only solution I can find is to recreate the look in Premiere and save it as a project so that our…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base