Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Replace clip by matching timecode instead of in/out point

I shot an interview with separate audio, so in my project I have a bunch of video clips and then a bunch of audio clips.

My timeline has an assembly from an interview - so a bunch of video clips with the camera's onboard audio.

I want to replace the audio portion of the clips with the good audio, but have it do so based on timecode, not the clip's in/out point (since the camera and audio mixer didn't start rolling at precisely the same time).

Is this possible? If not, why not? This seems so basic.

I know…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PP 22.0 bogs down with Fuji X-T4 footage

CPU (Ryzen 7 2700 @4ghz) shoots up to between 90 and 100%, and RAM fills up abnormally when playing back Fuji X-T4 footage in PP 22.0. Video decode on RTX 2080 Super seems unreasonably low with CUDA enabled, disabling CUDA doesn't change anything. Video playback gets stuck on starting frame, audio does keep playing, but things get so bogged down pressing pause doesn't actually pause things for about half a minute.

Rolling back to 15.4.2 makes things smooth as butter again. CPU sits at 5-8% usage, RAM doesn't shoot up much, and GPU's video decode is nice and active.

I'm…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DJI footage not supported by latest premiere pro version.

there are big problem for me and for other people , DJI footage not supported by latest premiere pro version in windows 11 it happen when i export the file and after it not work ever i do format two time also . ( A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Imported:39)
    i try with all support team two times and it doesn't work .
    and that problem it happen for my friend also but he back to win10
    so i want know if Adobe it will work better with win11
    because that is big problem for my work and i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Number Pad change

The Number pad accesses and changes the playhead position when I'm typing text instead of inserting numerals. I work for a math curriculum company, and I type a LOT of numbers, and not being able to use the number pad when I type text is NOT convienient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export a timeline as a Individual Clips

Hello Everyone,

I am editing videos for stock footages. I collect the shots I took and then put them on the timeline, I export them after editing, but I have to export them one by one, it's a waste of time. If the videos in the entire timeline were automatically named and exported with one click, as in the Davinci program (individual clips), it will be easier for me and those who do stock video work, and they will not think about switching to Davinci. I want a one-click solution, please don't be tired to say other long-distance solutions.

Thank…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

I do PAL SD video editing on Adobe Premiere with my M1 Pro MacBook Pro and I notice a strange issue when I playing my videos in deinterlace mode (Yadif x2 with VLC or Blend fields with Telestream Switch). Everytime a do an export of my project (whatever the format : ProRes 422 HQ, H264…), some video track desappears, some frame repeat twice and opacity mask and Ultrakey or Lumetri effects do glitches.

Most of the time I get different glitch or blink with each export for the same project, without any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Speech to text - Scandinavian languages

Do you have plans to include Norwegian and Swedish in the Transcribe sequence function? Would save me lots of time. If so, when?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Legibility difficulties due to poor contrast

Hi,

I'm really struggling with the tiny text and poor contrast of the text and labels in Premiere Pro, so much so that I'm constantly having to lean in and squint to pick out the right menu option. The default text colour is a mid-grey, which, against a black background isn't great for legibility.

See attached examples.

I don't have vision problems or a learning need but I imagine those that do would really struggle with usability (especially dyslexics).

This seems like an easy one to solve - I hope the Adobe team can produce the goods!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Can't add markers within existing marker range

Since v2022.1.2* you can't add new markers within an existing marker range. Instead of creating a new marker, the playhead jumps to the beginning of the existing marker range and opens the marker contextmenu.

Which is very inconvenient for my workflow. Would appreciate it very much if this can be addressed soon, thanks!

*) at least this is the version I came across the behavior the first time)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop. multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine

Ever since upgrading to v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop, audio gets crackly and it eventually freezes. My project is multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine. Verified on two projects that render and edit fine on 15.4 and kill v22.

Troubleshooting this was a soul crushing experience

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hevc code could not be installed

Hi thre,

please help I am new on Premiem Pro 22.1.2 just bought it and try to export the video but the error is came up and shown unable to install HEVC as attached pic. I am using Gopro10 my video is 4/5k
    - my available space on drive is 203 GB
    - I keep all my video on Onedrive
    - I use NVIDIA
    - I tried to delete the folder, to buy the extention on microsoft, uninstalled Adobe CC cleaner

Could you help advise
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timeline not responding properly to JKL playback

Since the version 22 release, every now and then the program will stop responding to keyboard inputs when trying to use JKL to quickly move backward or forward through the timeline. This usually results in playing at 2-3x for a minute or more before the software responds and halts playback, then I have to drag the playhead back to where I was and hope it doesn't happen again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 360 Video Spatial Audio Export (4.0 mono missing - bug FIX - PP2021 v15.4.1)

Premiere Pro 2021/2022 do not export 4.0 channel mono audio! Apparently a bug as of 2019 version? When I edit Ricoh Theta V converted video (for Spatial Audio editing) and import that into PP2021, I see the 4 (in 1 track) of audio, but when I go to export, PP2021/2022 only export a single mono audio channel, there is no option to select 4.0 audio as in previous versions? I understand this used to work, that you had the option to select 4.0 mono channels for export, but that option button is not in PP 2021/2022 versions!?

SO PLEASE PUT…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere hangs after one minute on simply playing a large video

Running Premiere Pro on the Lenovo ThinkPad i7 Gen10 16GB RAM, it simply hangs after importing a large video (~210 mn) by simply playing it on the monitor. The application gets unresponsive and I finally have no choice but to kill it using the task manager. I tried with Adobe Rush as well, and the same behavior shows up. This is just unbearable. I thought Adobe was doing professional software. I am very disappointed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would be very handy if "Split Segment" would just split your caption at cursor position instead of creating two duplicates.

1. User places the text cursor at the desired split point of a long caption segment.
    2. User presses Split Segment button.
    3. Premiere splits the segment into two segments, with the break point being where the cursor was positioned at the time they clicked the split segment button.

Thanks!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. variable frame rate editing

Variable Frame Rate Editing is currently not available in Premiere Pro and we notice a rising demand on the Adobe forums to enable game recorded footage, smartphone footage and other video footage at variable frame rates editing. Users are going for Handbrake, and even if Adobe enables variable to constant frame rate encoding inside Media Encoder, users are requesting it directly on the premiere pro editing workflow to save time. We are noticing high demand for game recorded footage editing which is becoming more and more popular, alongside smartphone footage editing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. video/x-matroska not supported

The free and open container format 'Matroska' (.mkv) is not supported.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base