Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG HUGE!!version pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!!

BUG HUGE!! versions pc: 13.1.3, 13.1.4, 13.1.5 No waveforms in TL for subclips!!! Are you gonna fix this? 13.1.2 is fine but you screwed it up after that. It is 100% unusable to me at this point

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In MacOS Catalina, I can't select a clip in Premiere, and use "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition."

After updating to MacOS Catalina, I can no longer select a clip and click "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition." Audition opens, but the clips do not appear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why can't I keyframe tracking or kerning in graphics?

Add key-framing to kerning or tracking in the graphics/effects panel

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restore Lumetri's LUT selection ease

Until recently (I'm on v13.1 at the moment), a user was able to roll the mouse wheel over the closed LUT drop down menu and cycle through different LUTs. These LUTs would be applied on the Lumetri layer, allowing for adjustment of intensity and interaction with other layers.

This option has recently disappeared. Once a user clicks a LUT in the drop down menu, that selection is moved to the top of the menu, causing "Browse..." to be the next LUT option when mouse scrolling.

Please see an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi6DxcWCu2w

Yes, the preview window in the Lumetri>Creative panel allows…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix CUDA support (because currently, switching it on/off renders very differently)

This has been plaguing me for years in Premiere.

Enabling CUDA screws up various aspects of rendering.
    Here, you can see how enabling CUDA dramatically changes how text fades in:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HaCqejvb2y7bRzDKZGrwdsMIVsf5wyhY/view

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. eGPU Support is Poor

Out of all the major video editors, Pr Pro has the poorest support for eGPUs on Mac. Please enable your users with support your competition has. It is almost as if there are no added bonuses.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

84 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Low Level Exception Occurred - Importer MPEG Importer 8 - on dragging files into AP

I have been dealing with this issue for a while, I have read every relevant topic on this forum to no avail.

Windows 10
    32 GB ram i7 500GB SSD
    GeForce RTX 2060

So this only happen occasionally, Id say 1 out of every 35 attempts of dragging clips to the media files in Premire, but sometimes if crashes when I only open up the file explorer, before I even try to drag a clip in. Usually the clips are MP4 since it sometimes happens when I just open file explorer it may not matter the type of file.

One…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set Ripple End function in timeline

While editing, I need to make adjustments in timing but want to leave untouched everything to the right of a particular point. "Set Ripple End" would be a visible line across the vertical of the timeline at that point, indicating where rippling will have no effect. Clips bumping up against that point are simply truncated and everything past the line is preserved.
    This was a function in Avid DS which I found very useful.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Caption Aliasing

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This is about the horrible edges around caption text.

Just as the title suggests, the captions have jagged, aliased edges, as opposed to smooth crisp edges. I don't get the same results when using the standard type tool, or importing PNG files, etc. This is something specially reserved for captions.

Please note that these issues occur on both Mac and PC, but I'm currently on a Windows system, so I will post the specs for this machine:

Premiere Pro 13.1.2, build 9
    Windows 10 64-bit (1903)
    Intel i9-9900X
    64GB…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Editing long videos (typically > 40m) Premiere will stop responding to user input after a short time

Premiere will function normally when editing a long video but after some time (around 5 to 10 minutes) the timeline cursor will flicker rapidly and all user inputs on the timeline won't function unless zoomed all the way out. I've seen this problem reported by other users but not on this website. The only temporary solution is to close and reopen Premiere which takes away valuable time I could spend editing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Help users calibrate either Premiere or their screen for better color accuracy

We've noticed significant color variations between what Premiere shows in the preview and what is rendered out. This issue seems most prevalent on our newer iMac screens. Got in touch with Adobe support about it, only to be pointed to a forum post with a variety of disputed answers. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a concrete solution to this issue from Adobe is very frustrating. We are working on getting our monitors calibrated, but Having Premiere include some sort of tutorial/wizard to properly configure color or at least a warning to users about the discrepancies would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Imported Clips from a C300 Mark II and C200 and they are all named "CLIPS001"

Went to the Media Browser, clicked the root folder that held the "CONTENTS" folder, and context-menu'd "Import" and every clip is named "CLIPS001". This did not happen with the previous version, just this new Premiere 2020.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Black Video Bug returnsss

I have a huge issue with Premiere Pro, the black video bug. i am trying to make a showreel, but like half of the previously rendered videos dont show, i can still hear the audio, but the videos just display as black... unless i turn off the CUDA GPU render option... but to render everything purely relying on the software aint an option.

HELP PLEASE

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere Pro 2020 really slow on Mac since update

Hi!

I've been using Premiere for years now at work and in my free time. It was always great to work with, but since the 2020 update I have a big issue.

Whenever I start rendering a video in Premiere (doesn't matter how big or in which format), my Macbook Pro starts running very slow when I want to browse, Photoshop or anything else.

This wasn't the case with any other Premiere version I've had. You can find the specs of my Macbook Pro in attachment.

What can I do? It's a real bummer, since everything worked fine before.

Thanks! …

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Glitches in exports? Another new issue. Whats going on? Example added.

Glitches in exports is wasting a lot of time, I have found the same issue on multiple systems. In premiere itself the video plays fine, in explorer the video plays fine but as soon as I export the video has glitches in. My software is up to date as well as my drivers. Running GTX 1080TI, I7 8700K 32Gb RAM. Windows. Rendering through software encoding solves the problem but now my renders takes 4 - 10 times longer, in terms a 45min episode normally exports 40 - 60 min. Software encoding the project exports 6 -12 hours. I don't have…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View timeline in Bars

I would like to be able to set my timeline to display bars (and subdivisions) depending on the selected BPM. Maybe also with some sort of a snapping function to negate the need for so many markers.

Check out the interface of Ableton or similar DAWs for reference.

This would make cutting to the beat in music videos so much easier.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base