Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to export media

Since I updated to Version 14.01 (build 71) I am unable to export media. It will hang saying 0%. At first I hoped it was a glitch and if I waited it would eventually complete. I waited 30 minutes with nothing.

I thought since I was only exporting audio that may be the problem. Will not export video either. I edit for a living and not being able to export makes this a major issue.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

147 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. eGPU Support is Poor

Out of all the major video editors, Pr Pro has the poorest support for eGPUs on Mac. Please enable your users with support your competition has. It is almost as if there are no added bonuses.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Changing the names on the Adobe Library of mogrts that reflect the name change correctly on Essential Graphics

When we change the names of the mogrts on the Adobe Library, it doesn't reflect on Essential Graphics, which creates confusion. To rename them correctly we have to re-export them each time, which takes a lot of time since we use a big amount of mogrts.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere 2020 export bug

Cannot export if there are markers on the timeline. Sequence markers, clip markers, or markers in a nested sequence all cause the export to get stuck at 0%. This was discovered on a Team Project but also happens in regular projects as well. The only solution has been to delete the markers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Audio Muted on Export

When you mute an Audio track in the timeline, and you export the project, even though you click Export Audio the audio gets exported Muted. So if you forget to unmute the audio tract in the timeline, you have to export again.This is a simple pathetic oversight by the creators of Premiere. Please fix this broken mess.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simply shift Video/Audio track up or down in the timeline stack

I want to be able to grab V1 and move it to where V3 is, so that it's above the other footage on V2.
    Or grab A6 and pull it up to A2, Making old A6 now A2, and previous A2 is now A3.

Currently (as far as I know) you have to highlight all the clips on the track and nudge them up when highlighted.
    2 problems can occur, if you bump up and land on the track above it will overwrite the clips above, or if you unlink the audio/video you may misalign sound from video, or may…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

474 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  43 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. LUT paths

Please add back the feature that LUTs can be found with a relative path. I got in big trouble since the newest version of premiere (win10) does not load the LUTs in Lumetri, but still shows their name. Normally I store my LUTs outside of premiere e.g. in the project folder. These are not beeing found anymore, but the names are still displayed. That makes it more than tough working with my current or older projects.

Thanks a lot
    Wolfgang

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Source Monitor - Sum Multichannel to Mono

This checkbox (in the audio preferences) and the function it seems to promise is not working. I often can not hear multi-channel audio if the channels have been configured beyond default, even if this box is checked.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notepad in Premiere Pro

I often have to make text notes (ideas, reminders, etc.) for the current project in third-party text editors, which is not convenient for me. It would be great to have something like Notepad on the Window tab.

Thanks,
    Vadim

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve sync allowing clips on the same track

Make the sync easier, allowing clips to be on the same track.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the default Proxy settings user-friendly.

When you right click a clip and create proxies, Premiere should be smart enough to recommend a good proxy codec and resolution every time, by default. The current default is 1024x540 H.264 proxies which makes zero sense. The average user is working with 16x9 footage which means that their proxies will be stretched after encoding unless they catch it.

A better default would be 1280x720 Prores Proxy clips, but it would be even better if Premiere was smart enough to dynamically change resolutions to match the footage.

This seems pretty simple technically speaking, it's amazing to me that the software…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report - Unmodifiable srt file style

Some srt file can't be edit in style.
    No font, no color, no size.
    A reboot of PP solve the problem.
    Attached an example of sub that do such bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CRITICAL Bug Report - Premiere 14.0 Timeline Keyframe handles change behavior frustration, mistakes.

Premiere 14.0 scenario. Working in the timeline, I add a keyframe from the box at the left of the track, on the keyboard, I shift-arrow right 6 clicks. I click the add keyframe again.
    INSTEAD OF ADDING ANOTHER KEYFRAME, IT DELETES THE ONE YOU JUST ADDEDUNLESSYOU MOVE THE CURSOR OFF THE KEYFRAME BUTTON, THEN BACK ON, BEFORE YOU CLICK15 YEARS OF HIGH VOLUME PRODUCTIONMUSCLE MEMORY***I NOW HAVE TO REVIEW EVERY VIDEO AND I USUALLY HAVE TO REDO IT. NOW I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THINGS THAT WERE AUTOMATIC FOR OVER A DECADE????? You might want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base