Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. REMOVE CENSORSHIP on Premiere Pro NEW TRANSCRIPT feature

Your new text transcript feature censors certain words.
    It is not the job of Adobe to censor anything.
    That is an editor's decision not yours.
    Please remove these restrictions as soon as possible.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

681 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG (v15.0): VST audio plug-ins not applied in Media Encoder exports. Fine from Premiere.

If you apply VST audio plug-ins these are then not present in your exports if you Queue them in Media Encoder. Exporting directly from Premiere they're used as expected. The output format doesn't matter, neither video or audio files use the plug-ins if you use Media Encoder v15.0

Re-scanning the audio plug-ins in Premiere doesn't fix this problem.

The problem has been confirmed on two different Macs.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update turned all my video blue

Updated to Premiere Pro 15.0 build 41, and it turned all of my canon.mxf files blue! The original footage is not blue of course, only when I am in premiere. Old projects, and also when I create new ones. HELP!!!!!! Say no to the smurfs!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Media Encoder Mobile Alert Service

I would like to have an alert service via a mobile for Media Encoder:
    - Notify when encodes are finished
    - Notify if an encode has failed

This way, you can just do something else while Media Encoder does its work, like walk your dog or socialize with friends or family.

Can Adobe create a Mobile App for both iOS/Android that will provide such notifications?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need ability to export transcripts, and subtitles

Ability to export transcripts and subtitles to a document. Then a content editor can fix names, spellings and punctuation that Adobe speech to text misses.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: Premiere 15.2 Import failure of Autel Evo2 Pro 4k

Autel Evo2 Pro video (4k 30p H.264) imported in 14.9 fine. In 15.2 I receive "File Import Failure" Unsupported compression type. I completely cleared my cache to try to fix it. No luck
    MediaInfo details:
    General
    Complete name : V:\28182 Las Brisas Del Mar\MAX_0170.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    File size : 575 MiB
    Duration : 46 s 34 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 105 Mb/s
    Writing application : Lavf58.20.100

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "Protected Region Markers" in Premiere MOGRT Templates

Similar to how a composition with "protected markers" interact inside of after effects (with a blue bar in the individual clips layer), I think implementing that in premiere would help editors make better editing and trimming decisions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share Essential Graphics

Have the ability for text to be 'shared' across multiple timelines, like with legacy title. So you could have text in timeline A and you can copy and paste the text into timeline B and C, then if you changed text in timeline A (eg spelling mistake or colour change) it would auto-update in timeline B and C because it is the same text file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export Subtitles for Corrections

Export speech to text transcripts and subtitles so Print Publishers can edit the correct spelling, names and so on when Adobe Speech to Text doesn't translate correctly. Then allow the editor to re import the corrected transcript and create corrected sub titles and captions from corrected transcripts.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Loudness Meter Dockable

Please make the new Loudness Meter dockable into a workspace, just like the Audio Meters are.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for different fonts and small caps within text in MOGRTs

We need a more complete set of styling options for Motion Graphics Templates. Most importantly, we need to be able to change fonts and add small caps within text, so that words can be emphasized with font weight and italics. These are often necessary for quotation templates because there may be things that require italicization, such as book titles. Also there can be a need to small caps some words, like the Hebrew tetragrammaton "LORD" in religious programming. These should load true small caps if the font includes them.

Those are the things we really need. Being able to change…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Captions

Some tweaks to new captions workflow:

Auto move end point of captions to just before next caption (fill the gaps).

Being able to add transitions.. or being able convert captions into text assets so transitions can be added

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

18. Center + fit timeline vertically

When expanding/reducing track sizes or adding/removing tracks it would be useful if PP had an option to 'auto-fit' the timeline to the vertical space.

If you look at the way Avid deals with it you'd see what is possible.

(Obviously expanding too much and something has to go off screen)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create single Multicamera Source Sequence while syncing with audio

At the moment you can only use “Create single Multicamera Source Sequence” while syncing with timecode and the metadata of “Camera Label” and “Camera Angle”. In our production environment it would be very helpful if we had those same options while synchronizing using audio because if you synchronize your clips via audio and want to use them in a browse sequence, it sadly loses its multicamera properties.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Program Monitor Buttons Not Centered

Buttons will run off the side of the Program Monitor and give you the >> arrows rather than taking up the empty space in the UI. Workaround is creating a second tier of buttons, but would be nice to take better advantage of the space.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base