Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere should assess playability of media on import and ask to transcode if slow

In almost every large documentary project I work on with huge amounts of different media there is always some bad media that causes massive playback issues, which is really frustrating when I need to work quickly.

While I like the fact you don't have to transcode everything to a native format like in Avid, therefore avoiding big and expensive workflows, I do think Premiere should assess all media upon import and tell you if it wont be able to play it back well, and if it can't then it should ask you if you'd like to transcode this media to…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time Remapping Not Usable

Hey, i'm doing a lot of time remapping and in Premiere pro 14.3.2 i'm not able to use time remapping as the drag and drop function don't work. Kindly fix it

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shortcut for activating source audio tracks

Sometimes you have to switch audio source tracks quite frequently. This would be much easier if you could activate or deactivate them via shortcuts. This is possible for target tracks in the timeline but not for the source tracks.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Psd files using "world-ready" text engine crashes Ppro 2020

Psd files containing text using "world-ready" text engine in Photoshop crashes Ppro 2020, this bug was introduced since the introduction of Ppro 2020 and still present in all updates, even the Beta. This is a critical bug for those who use right to left languages such as Arabic as we have to rasterize text layers in Photoshop to prevent the crash in Premiere, which is very inconvenient if we want to do any modification later on texts. Premiere Pro 2019 and earlier were working fine.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clip speed remapping doesn't work in 14.3.2

Clip speed remapping doesn't work in 14.3.2. Unable to add keyframes for speed in the timeline and can't move the speed keyframes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop making duplicate bins when importing sequences. Merge them.

When bringing in a sequence from another project (dragging the clip from one project pane to another), Premiere adds all the needed new clips in their bins, but it adds the bins even if my new project already had the same bins. So I end up with two Audio bins, two Footage bins, two Edit bins etc, often with their own sub bins.

If I already have a bin with the same name, the footage should go in the existing bin rather than making a new one.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Effect Controls: Constrain playhead to useable frames

Currently, when working in the Effect Controls panel (with Pin to Clip active), pressing End takes the playhead to the end of the clip instead of to the last frame of the clip (one click to the left) and actually displays the first frame of the incoming clip. This necessitates pressing left-arrow to move one frame backward. Dragging a keyframe to the end of the window actually places it one frame beyond the last frame (which is actually useless). This behavior is quite annoying when Selection Follows Playhead is active, as the Effect Controls panel switches from the clip you're…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Function to export all clips from one sequence separately

Sometimes customers want just to have clips delivered to do internal project from the clips which have been filmed and they do not want a sequence of clips and not a video edited.
    So we need to apply some corrections on each clips (stabilization, color corrections, cut of some part of one clip etc) before to be able to deliver them these clips.

But problem, there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence at once. We need to put in and out on each clip in the sequence and add clip by clip in a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep transition effects already made in the timeline when replacing a clip

This is very much needed and wanted especially from all my colleagues in the news editing department. When you have set audio transitions on your clips and you want to switch out the audio in the exact length you always have to redo all the transitions. This is very time consuming.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show clip duration in timeline directly on the clip

At the moment you have to hover over a clip in the timeline to show its duration. It would be much more helpful if you could just activate it like the "clipname" for example so it is shown directly on the clip.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Project Manager to work with .Braw files types.

Whenever I try to use the Project Manager with a sequence that has .braw clips in it, I'm given the error "An unknown error occurred during the Project Manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation."

Instead of being able to collect and copy files to a new location or consolidate and transcode footage in the click of a few buttons, I take an hour to do it manually.

Fix this.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MKV Format Support

The lack of support of MKV is a real let down considering I've paid thousands of dollars to use this software.

I'd like to see support for MKV files. You don't realize the time spent that costs companies because it isn't available. Think..

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upgrade the way to work with time remapping

Time remapping in Premiere is very uncomfortable to work with. For example it would be nice to work on your time in a separate window/panel designed for it. The adjustments in the timeline can be very frustrating. Another big point is the missing anchor point. It's kind of a guessing game sometimes where your remapping lands.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. slow file menu

Anyone have an idea why, when I click the File menu, it takes at least 5 seconds to open? The Export sub-menu also takes 5 seconds.

Premiere Pro v14.3.2
    Dell Precision 7750
    i9-10885H CPU
    128GB RAM
    Quadro RTX 5000 16GB VRAM

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. playback

playback lag in version 14.3.1 and 14.3.2
    all my projects were playing fine, but with this version, jkl playback often have a 4 seconds lag, even at 1/8 quality. Had to revert to previous version 14.3.0 and the playback is perfect with this version.
    rtx 2080
    64g ram

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reverse play keeps playing after I stop it with K key.

This is a new bug in this version. When using reverse play using the "J" key, playback keeps going for 2-3 seconds after I hit the "K" key to pause it. I have not noticed this before, and I have the same hardware as before.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio Keyframes not rendering properly

Audio with keyframes that use bezier handles don't seem to render properly. During curved fade outs, the rendered result actually increases volume and then suddenly fades out.

Timeline result is entirely different.

I'm not sure if this is a batch render bug (I'm batching sequences to media encoder), or a bezier / ease in/ ease out issue to audio keyframes. Either way, my timeline audio edit is getting distorted in the process and render...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base