Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing the length of a clip crashes Premiere.

When changing the length of any clip on the timeline (not stretching, just keeping the clip shown for longer) and the red bracket and arrow are pointing toward the clip, Premiere instantly crashes.

This has only started happening after the 12.1.1 update on macOS Sierra 12.6.

When the arrow is pointed away from the clip, everything is fine. It has never been like this, because before, I could have the bracket and arrow pointing wherever and it would still modify the length of a clip.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow to insert a clip in a blank space between 2 clips via shortcut

sometimes I get a blank space between 2 clips that I want to insert a clip into. I can use the 3 or 4 point edit method of marking the selection (/ key) and then overwrite (. key). but it would be nice to just drag with the alt key over the blank space and have the clip fit in there, as it works if there was a clip in there already.

here's an example
    https://imgur.com/a/UYJfjge

here I am using my most often workaround which is to drag the clip above, slice it, then drag it in.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. duration window

It would be great if there was a duration window that you could place where you like, just as you can the timecode window. Would also be great if you could do the same with source timecode and pull down which track you want to monitor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Clicking Look under the Creative tab on Lumetri Color issue

When selecting the Look option under Creative to select your own .cube files. The list goes up and not down making it impossible to select.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Randomize clips in timeline

Is there a way to randomize clip in timeline for brainwash purposes only. ty

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Polygon tool

Premiere Pro should have a polygon tool like in Illustrator, in addition to the rectangle, ellipse, and pen tools.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio drops every time I go into Premiere preferences

Almost every very time I go into Premiere preferences and then try to play either a sequence or a clip, the audio drops out either completely or sporadically. This happened in the 2017 version and it is happening in 2018 12.0.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Continuing Bugs not fixed with 12.1.1 patch

Even after resetting Premiere preferences:

1) Cannot ripple delete in timeline by marking In and Out then Shift + Delete

2) When deleting range of clips in timeline by marking In and Out then Command + X, the wrong material is deleted on first attempt (completely unrelated to range and patching selected). Necessary to undo Command + Z then re-do Command + X before the correct range is deleted.

3) Audio muted on project open or new sequence open until track solo is toggled on and off .

4) Fully rendered morph cuts become unrendered upon re-opening project, and application…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prelude/Premiere Pro Merger

Prelude is great for easily creating tags, sub-clips, comments, and general metadata. In general, Prelude is much better for sifting through large amounts of content easily. However, it is not as easy to do this in Premiere, and you cannot easily migrate projects/footage from Premiere to Prelude. Ideally, I would like to see all of Prelude's functions built into Premiere Pro just like what happened with Lumetri and Speedgrade.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. All PNG's imported into PP have random glitches/artifacts, even after the update to 12.1.1!!

This is getting ridiculous. I can't import any PNG files into Premiere without it looking something like the attached photograph. Need to get this video to a client asap. Please fix immediately. Update did NOT solve this issue.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I cannot get the footage from my DJI phantom 4 pro to upload into premier pro. I have never had an issue with the footage from the phantom 4

Please help. I have uploaded several drone clips from the phantom 4. I just upgraded to the phantom 4 pro and cannot get the clips to upload into premier pro. Thanks

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More cohesive UX between CC applications

I always want a more seamless experience moving between illustrator, after effects, and premiere. It’d be nice to have an alternative hot key mapping which makes the pen tool P in after effects, or have the ability to shape a mask in premiere like you move a vector around in illustrator.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Cannot associate TIFF files after Project Mgr. copy-to-new location

After using project manager to copy files to new location, it does not copy tiff files and will not manually link to them. If I manually try to link to the tiff files, it gives an import error, except there is no actual error text.

In fact, we have multiple projects that will not import tiff images -- they give an import error without any actual error text.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Amira footage crashes Premiere 2018 12.0

The .ale files that come with the Amira footage cause Premiere to crash when importing. I literally have to go through each reel and deselect it before importing.

I get the attached error every time it crashes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiclip Viewer

When working with two or more clips in a timeline (without utilizing the multicam feature), it would be nice to have an option to view the various clips you may have stacked onto the same track.

Essentially, I would like to be able to see which clip I would like to focus on without having to toggle on and off the "Eye" icon on each individual track. This would help me identify which component in my timeline is acting up, or will allow me to select which part of a clip/subclip I'd prefer to use.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merging Proxy Files on Timeline/Media Browser

Proxies that have reached a maximum data limit in camera will often times be broken up into several pieces of the same clip. When editing with the intent of relinking footage to the RAW data later, Premiere Pro should have the capability of merging clips together, as to be able to relink without needing to create a nested sequence (that cannot be relinked). This will help avoid any issues with FX changes, or color timing needing to be matched all within the same clip/sequence later on.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. (BUG) Fix bins graying out

x hours after starting to work, All the custom bin search bars randomly turn gray, you need to premiere to get them visible again. This is way after having loaded in all the assets. I have never encountered this happening in Premiere 2017

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow L*a*b* -values in Color Picker

Hi,

Photoshop has an excellent color picker that allows user to input Lab*-values and then converts those values to a corresponding RGB-values based on the color profile of your working space (in Premiere Pro this should be Rec. 709). Similar functionality would be great addition to Premiere and extremely useful when dealing with brand colors.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Uploading/Downloading user settings to cloud shows date of last activity

It would be great if when one goes to upload or download settings from the cloud, the date/time of the settings on the cloud is indicated... or that the information is at least shown in the cloud app. At times I've wanted to trash my preferences, and re-download my settings from the cloud, but was afraid I had made keyboard/preference changes since the last upload. It would be helpful to at least know when they were last updated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base