Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make option for create optimized media (no proxy !!)

Please make option for create optimized media (no proxy !!) directly from premiere (background render) like final cut/davinci. no use media encoder for this !!!

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mismatched media timecode in and out points Premiere 13.0 - XML export broken

I had a project done in Premiere 12 that needed its media reconnected. I opened in 13, and when it reconnected, in and out points were all over the map. Went back to 12, it reconnected just fine. No big deal, I think, it's the whole "don't open old projects in new releases".

Well, now I'm trying to send a different edit via XML to Davinci Resolve for color grading. All the in and out points are incredibly off in Resolve - have NEVER had an import issue before like this. Some clips are just flat out offline because, according…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CC 2019 bug: Type Tool and Pen Tool cause program monitor to go black (macOS Mojave)

When editing using the Type Tool or Pen Tool, or a track created using these tools, the program monitor goes black, making the application unusable.

Experienced this on macOS Mojave with CC 2019. Wasn't able to reproduce on Windows 10 with CC 2019.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug report - premiere pro cc 2019 - infographics crashes the program

in Premiere Pro 2019 trying to use Motion Graphics Templates from AE (even ones I created myself in the past) cause the program to crash.
    The Template attempts to import, get stuck after about 15%, and from there on Premiere Pro is not responding.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve workstation saving and audio dropouts

Premiere Pro 2019 doesn't save my workstation and I have to always reconfigure it upon start up of the software. Also the audio dropouts are so consistent.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. dynamically change visual audio levels in premiere

In davinci resolve and FCPX, when you keyframe audio the levels will dynamically adjust to your keyframes. this makes it much easier to balance audio on the fly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. simon0409

I have problems with my timeline panel. It freezes when i import sources.
    I was trying to fix it with close and open again, turning off the computer, and look up on the internet but i couldnt find the answer. Can you guys please find the solution and help me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problems with importing symlink files into Adobe Premiere Pro

Have already tried to solve this problem on forum but not gained no result: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2550751. Need solvation of this problem, because our video editors want to work with Adobe Premiere only, we are not interested in Final Cut or other simular softwares.
    Problem is the same as it is described on forum, but duplicate in here for extra convenience:
    All original files for these files with .symlink extension were created in Adobe Premiere Pro, so there couldn't be any problems with compatibility or cracked files. Files with extension .symlink were created using standard Windows 10 functions (CMD & command…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export now taking longer.... much longer

Hi, I just upgraded to the new Prem Pro 13 and my export times have increased dramatically... I am using OSX 27" iMac Retina 5K 4Ghz i7 with 32 gigs of ram...

I am capturing raw video onto my Samurai Blade and importing it into Prem Pro to finalise it... each video file is about 60 gigs for an hour of video...

In Prem Pro 12 it used to take me about 18 mins to export as H264 Match Source - Medium Bitrate...

In Prem Pro 13 it has increased to 14 hours... I used hardware acceleration and it reduced…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere pro doesnt seem to store .ims files anywhere anymore

My 2018 version of Premiere Pro doesn't store .ims files anymore. Each time I load a project I have to wait an eternity for it to load all the data.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CODEC H265

the codec h265 seems do not working, we meet a red screen
    the footage was shoot in smartphone huawei P20

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. lvcod64.dll

Hi there!!!

After updating Adobe Premiere Pro to latest version I see an error (see screenshot). I have that file into System32. Tried to copy that file also into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\lvcod64.dll, and it wasn't helped. Here is the line from "ProccessMonitor": C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\lvcod64.dll NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

Thank you!!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Filter for adding film grain

Please add a usable and fast filter for adding film grain. It is often useful when parts of the film are softened through a gaussian blur to make the soft parts look more natural again.
    The filter "Störungen HLS Auto" works, but it is not hardware accelerated and sooooo slow.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I'm losing all my work! It's not saving!

When I save and leave PP, I re-open and all my work is gone.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audio transition not applying with "Apply Default Transitions to Selection" in PP 2019

Ever since updating to CC 2019, I can't get the audio transition to work when using the "Apply Default Transitions to Selection" function. I have it on a keyboard shortcut, and it works in PP2018. But in 2019, it only works on the video clips, but not the audio clips. I have to specifically right-click on audio and use the "Apply Default Transition" option in the pop-up menu. Other than that, when I use "Apply Default Transitions to Selection" shortcut, it does nothing. Please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. timeline info displayed while hovering flashes if clip is near the bottom of the screen

When hovering over a clip, it shows that little info window. If the clip is too near to the edge of the window; the info box flashes on and off.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The marker tool no longer works unless you click on a blank portion of the timeline

Before if nothing was selected, and I pressed the M key, a marker would form on the timeline. Now I have to click the timeline each time before I press M. This is annoying because our workflow adds metadata within multiple markers in order to create subtitles files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Phone notification when task is finished

It would be helpful if Premiere had a way to notify me via phone/app that a task is finished and/or remotely check it's progress.

For example a long export. I could set it to notify me, I could go do other tasks and not have to come back to my machine to check it's progress.

Not strictly for Premiere, could be used in many Adobe products.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ADR

ADR would be a lot easier if we could set in and out points for the voice over record feature.

We could arm the track in the timeline and play from before the in point.

Pre-roll beeps and pre- and post-roll visual cues would help too. So would muting the original audio when recording.

I made a mock up from a piece of edit stock footage:

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG REPORT: Luminosity Blend Mode artifacts CC12.1

Bug with Luminosity blend mode resulting in pixelated artifacts (black outlines in sample image).
    Steps to reproduce:
    1 Place an image into a layer. (the sample image is a good example, showing high contrast graphics or type in the image).
    2. Scale the image off 100%, above or below.
    3. Set to Luminosity blend mode, artifacts will appear as in the sample image.

Note that normal blend mode or Luminosity mode without scaling does not result in artifacts.
    Only Premiere Pro has this glitch, do the scale + Luminosity operation in Photoshop and the result is clean, so its something…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base