Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto import

Please add auto-import option to Premiere

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lumetri not working

Adjustments are not showing or being updated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom shortcut keys for different length crossfades

Currently the only way to modify the length of a crossfade is to go into the Preferences menu and change it by hand, however when you are working with a lot of footage it becomes cumbersome to have to step through several clicks and then typing in a new number to change the default crossfade length. It would be great to have the ability to map shortcut keys to different length crossfades, or crossfade options that you can set the length. For example:

CMD+D - Apply Crossfade length 1
    CMD+SHIFT+D - Apply Crossfade length 2
    CMD+OPT+D - Apply Crossfade length…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Choose playback speed by default

I would like my playback speed to be at x2 speed (for instance) , by default. I know the existence of the shortcut, but I'm sick of having to press the shortcut all the time. Similar to the preview option there is in AE.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. select multiple keyframes in the timeline

Moving a bunch of volume automation is not a pleasant experience. I have to individually select each control point and then move it. I'll usually have to start over several times because inevitably it will think I clicked on just one point.

Let us box-select keyframes. It's all done in one motion.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. adobe premiere pro 2018 crashes everytime a clip, be it audio or video, is dragged on a timeline. says ''sorry a serious error has occured"

this bug needs to be fixed premiere pro is not reliable at all on a new powerful imac. I am so over the serious error has occured message. please fix adobe this program is not cheap either

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Insert Before / Insert After Keyboard Shortcut?

Request for customizing Insert Before & Insert After Keyboard shortcuts.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return the arrow to move the timeline view

Please look at the attached screen shot. Premiere CS 5.5 has an arrow at the bottom right of the timeline to move a timeline view a little bit to the right. This arrow is gone from CC 2018. I find it impossible to nudge my view of the timeline a small bit when scrubbing.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Background mask tracking

Using masks on filters and effects is great but if a mask has to be tracked it is annoying that I cannot work on anything else while it tracks. Background mask tracking would be great with a progress bar on the top of that clip in the timeline or something like that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: DPP Metadata Fix

Premiere incorrectly tags DPP AS-11 HD Exports as Full range colour space when it should be video range. This metadata cannot be adjusted in the export window. Should be a simple enough fix

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Motion Tile" effect like After effect

Some time need to use that effect and easy to finish in Premiere Pro
    and dont need to use "Replace After Effect Composition" to make difficult working

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable.

Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make ALL drop-lists drop DOWN by default

Prior to the 2018/12.x build series, ALL drop-down lists in Premiere Pro dropped down. In the 2018/12.x series, at least two changed behavior. The Lumetri/Creative tab LUT/Look list and the Export dialog's preset list now pop UP.

I have two monitors, a large main UI monitor, and a smaller playback monitor set for mercury transmit above it. Those two lists split across the two monitors, and besides being ugly it has two direct UI experience major annoyances:

1) My pen-tab is locked off that screen as playback is all it's used for, so I must switch to the mouse to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upon Project Import, clips in Timeline not linking to clips in Project

Upon importing one project into another, if "Allow Duplicate Media" is NOT selected, the program SHOULD see what media is in use in the timelines imported, and if already in project, link the timeline clips to that media.

I just discovered an instance in which Premiere does NOT create a duplicate clip, however, it doesn't actually link the clip in the timeline to the clip in the project panel - as you can see in this screencap, the clip name AS8A2568 is in the timeline, but the "Video Usage" is a 0 in the project panel, and "reveal in project"…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Single-element text layers should import to AE as layers, not precomps.

(I was told by the AE team that Premiere was actually the place to address this.)

When importing a Premiere timeline with text layers into AE, all text layers, even those with a single piece of text with default settings, comes into AE as an untrimmed precomp, which is extremely tedious to work with. I understand that graphics elements like this essentially are comps in Premiere already, but it's be delightful if there were a way to extract that info to make the push to AE more user-friendly.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please allow proxies for still images.

Please allow for Premiere to create and use proxies for still images. Would really be helpful.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. screen capture

screen capture

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →