Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easily adjustable rules for applying luts to footage.

You cannot batch control luts right now on master clips. It would be great if we had a way to apply luts based off of metadata such as this.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 export with field-order support (not only progressive output)

I have to export a MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 of my masters (ProRes422 1080i upper-field) and the exporter for MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 only supports progressive frame outputs. Please add field order to this exporter.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!!

Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!! Can't stand it's only 5 frames.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. image buffer errors

I get this error message constantly (about every 5-10 minutes) and the program crashes. "Error: Unable to create image buffer."

I would just like this fixed please!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dropbox Smart Sync and File Location/Linking

At our studio, we use Dropbox to store smaller files such as audio and stock video. With Dropbox's new Smart Sync feature, all of the files are listed by name in a folder's Finder window, even if they are not synced locally. This can cause an issue when another editor is opening the file on a different system that does not have all of the media synced locally, and Premiere will freeze during the "Locating Media" step of opening a project.

For example, if an editor has downloaded ten different stock video clips but uses only one in the final…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Looping Record for ADR/voiceover synchronized to picture

Recording ADR/foley/voiceover is easiest if you can record using a LOOPING RECORD to record multiple takes in a repeating rhythm so the artist can anticipate the speech cadence. WORKFLOW: editor would click IN and OUT points to define the area to punch into (record), click the "Looping Record" icon in the interface, and then record multiple takes until they get it right. In Preferences the "Postroll" would be some adjustable duration (example: two seconds) that extends the duration of each loop with a non-recorded pause between takes. There would also be a "Countdown/Preroll" setting with two choices - either one-second…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ingest after clips are in the project

I'd like a simple option for clips already in the project to copy or transcode them into a specified location and relink to the new media.

Sometimes I need an easy way to gather a bunch of clips into one folder, sometimes I want to audition some footage from an external drive or card before deciding if it's worth copying in.

This is sort of possible using the project manager, but that's a very clunky process that involves resaving the project and it affects everything, not just certain files.

I'd like to be able to just select some clips and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. indicator when source and program monitor are ganged

There should be an indicator that appears beneath both the source and program monitors when you enter "gang" mode so you can quickly see when it's on and when it's off.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The font size of the interface, in 2018 it's too small

Having the ability to change the font size of the interface, in 2018 it's too small

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speech Volume Leveling within Essential Sound Panel

Using the Essential Sound panel, an editor could select an option to "average" the decibel level of any clip labeled Dialogue, regardless of which track the clip was on.

For example, you could say "Make all clips designated Dialogue have their average volume set to -24db" which will make editing that much faster and easier.

This, along with automatically designating audio clips during ingest, would make the audio much more even when putting together a rough cut without having to go clip-by-clip in order to make the audio bearable while editing.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Capturing HDV tapes produces .ac3 clips instead of .mov (as it does with DV tapes)

1. Capturing HDV tapes produces .ac3 clips instead of .mov (as it does with DV tapes)

2. Clip numbering is useless: If I start e.g. with "Name-001" the next captured clip will not be "Name-002" but is instead "Name-001 01"!

3. Removing e.g. the sharpening filter from the TL does not work

and so on. Grate Update!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Arrow from video or audio usage is often unavailable.

Arrow from Methada video usage or audio usage is often unavailable, check please for reference.

http://prntscr.com/j8qp03

Its working just sometimes.
    this bug is not only with the latest version of Premiere (actually 12.1) but with all versions.

Is there any feature to fix it?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. after using the track select forward tool and moving clips. using undo causes premiere to crash. It's a repeatable process.

after using the track select forward tool, and moving clips. When using undo (CMD Z ), premiere crashes. It's a repeatable process, and it's a new to premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crashing on double clicking in Project window

Can we fix this? After the recent windows update the import doesnt work well and the playback was very buggy (media offline) was a major disaster!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable mouse scrolling on numeric values

When scrolling the frames using Wacom tablet or click+mouse, would like to continue the frame viewing, instead of scrolling forward the timeline in numeric values.
    Would be great as the thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2010418 :)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve support for high resolution displays

Using a high resolution display with any scaling whatsoever causes multiple issues in Premiere. Most notably for me is that selecting "100%" zoom on my video content shrinks the asset to a tiny size that is definitely not accurate.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Volume Sliders

I'd love to see independent Volume Sliders/Mute buttons for both Source and Program Monitors. These would affect playback only, and have no impact on exports or previews.

Often the original media is recorded much louder than it will be used in the sequence, so if we set speaker volume for the sequence, source clips blare out. if we set for Source, Program is too quiet.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Project Panel greyed out Bug

In Premiere Pro 12.1.1, when there's no Project Panel currently opened, the Project panel can't be open again using Reveal in Project of clips or Reveal Sequence in Project or even shortcuts, the Windows -> Project is then greyed out.

Only when reopening the project again and use the Windows -> Project again, the Project Panel can be opened.

Also the Reveal Clips in Project and Reveal Sequence in Projects doesn't work unless the Project Panel is opening that exact bin of the item, or the Project Panel is displaying List View and at the same time is opening the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Request: Ability to remove recent projects from the Start Screen via right click menu

Hi. Occasionally I have a backup Premiere Pro project file saved that has the same or very similar name as the one I am intending to work on. This usually happens when I have made an emergency save of a recovered project after a crash.

In the Start Screen it is very easy to pick the wrong project and continue working - despite it being in my "EMERGENCY SAVES" folder on the desktop instead of my regular and intended project folder.

To avoid this I would like to be able to remove an entry of a recent project from the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base