Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MXF importer

In Premiere 2018, i have an error : "A low level exception occured in importer MXF (importer46)".

So i can't make a render of the timeline.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere OMF Export should create same file as Audition OMF

When I send an OMF to our sound Mixer (who uses Pro Tools) there is a difference in how tracks are laid out depending on whether I export the OMF from Premiere or Audition.

When we use 5.1 audio in Premiere and export an OMF directly from Premiere, the tracks are laid out randomly in Pro Tools (instead of the standard Left, Right, Center, LFE, LeftSurround, RightSurround). If I right click on the exact same sequence and "edit in Audition", and then export the OMF through audition without any other changes, the tracks are laid out perfectly in Pro Tools.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add a way to change the default pen line parameter in the sequence

Right now, it defaults to opacity. When I have a sequence come in that is needs heavy remapping, then I have to right click on every fx box on the clips and change it to time remapping. Over time this adds quite a bit and it would be cool to have a global parameter change that would allow to change all clips at once to time remapping instead of opacity. Then you could bounce between the two.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Timeline highlight

In PP2019, when a clip in the timeline is selected it's now highlighted around the edges instead of having the entire clip being highlighted. Its wrecking my eyes trying to figure out what's selected- please at least allow the option to go back to the old method of highlighting the entire clip. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Op-Atom MXF files with Correct Timecode

Premiere pro is already able to load DNxHD Op-Atom MXF files, but it links audio to video for each instance of the file. For example; FILEA01, FILEA02, FILEA03, FILEA04, and FILE_V01 will all load into the project browser, and each will include 1 video track and 4 audio tracks. Honestly, we don't mind that, as it's helpful to have everything connect while editing.

The issue is that at the moment Premiere cannot read the correct timecode from Op-Atom MXF files. Perhaps there is some inherent difference in how Op-Atom and Op-1a files are created, but for…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crashing when renaming and selection destination of finishes project.

When I got to rename and select the destination of my final export as soon as the “select destination” window shows up premier crashes 8 times out of 10. I currently have to just export to wherever it is saving to and then dragging and renaming the exported file manually. This is seriously annoying and now my business partner is starting to witness the same. We both work on windows 10

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Conforming and Peak Files controls to Progress Panel

Add the conforming and generating peak files queue to the Progress Panel. Editing project on multiple machine becomes an issue when you have the conformed and peak files on the desktop vs an external or with the project files.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ALT > Menu bar shortcut

Hi,

Please give us a option to disable the ALT shortcut (to access the Menu Bar).

It's extremely annoying to hear Windows chime because I used ALT+scroll on my timeline and still had the Menu bar highlighted by the ALT shortcut.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SAME RESULTS

Premiere Pro should generate the same results as After Effects using Dynamic Link, like the same fusion modes, vector files and effects in general.

TKS, Adobe ;)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FTP with encryption "Require Implicit FTP over TLS"

We deliver a series of videos to via FTP weekly that requires us to use FileZilla for encryption options. If I could export my sequence direct to the server, that would be wonderful! My request for the Publish option in FTP is to add both FTP and SFTP protocols, Encryption options for "require explicit and/or implicit FTP over TLS", and login type options for normal, anonymous, ask for password, inactive, account, etc. Hoping I'm not the only one that uses this on a regular basis to get media to various destinations all over.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eyedropper does not work on second monitor

On Windows 10, the eyedropper does not work on the second monitor. It does pick a color, but it seems to be from a different position of the screen, not where the cursor is. If I use Premiere Pro on the main monitor of the laptop, it does work.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio ducking for submix tracks.

The ducking feature should work on submix tracks as well.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show duration of individual captions in Caption Work Panel and when mouse pointer hovering over a single caption in Time Line.

Since captioned dialogue typically is preferred to be on screen for about 0,3 sec/word (acc. to BBC guidelines) it would be a great help if you could see the duration of each caption when hovering over a caption and in the Caption work panel rather than just the in- and out points. My brain really hurts :-D when I'm trying to calculate the length of each and every caption in a full length film. Thanks and have a nice day!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Sequence sluggish with multiple audios tracks and Audio while scrubing activated.

When "Audio while scrubbing" is activated all the audio parts are really sluggish when you have 8 audio tracks or more.

Lasso, scrubbing or anything is sluggish, if you desactivate the function a small amelioration is there, but still not optimal.

If you remove audio everything is working well, if you create a sequence with just the audio same issue. It's like the processing for the playback of the files are ruining the performance.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix the bug that deleted default workspaces reappear after restart and custom ones are put in the overflow menu

deleted custom workspaces reappear after restarting premiere. if i download sync, they are gone but my custom workspaces are in the overflow menu. like this i have to download settings and put the custom ones in the bar every time i restart premiere. i got to have just custom ones in order to get my shortcuts on the custom workspaces work.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give us "Edit original in Audition" so we can work on the source audio file.

If you right-click on an audio event in the timeline, the only editing options are "Edit" (which opens QuickTime Player) and "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition.'

What if we want to edit the original in Audition? I don't want to litter my project with dozens of tiny audio files for all the timeline events... not to mention having to re-do the same tweaks to them all, one at a time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When drawing mask with pen, the final vertex is bezier by default

The net result is you can move the other vertices easily but clicking the final connection point on a shape and dragging drags out the bezier. Frustrating when you are using this feature to mask linear features such as real-estate boundaries! If this behavior cannot be fixed, how about making the vertex point interactions easier to access?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Essential graphics panel crashes - Low level exception

I have a recurring bug. Windows 10 Pro, 12.1 - updated today - Premiere. EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti

I was going to show you how slow EGP is when typing in text, it lags by more and more seconds until I'm watching my letters appears about 10 seconds after I typed them. Co-incidentally it crashed as I was recording it. It does this multiple times a day. Footage is MTS files

Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 3.99 GB
    Image Size: 1920 x 1080
    Frame Rate: 25.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - 6 channels
    Project Audio Format:…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preview Area size

PLEASE let us adjust the preview area size AND let us make it a separate window we can dock wherever we want. I love this area, but with it being so small on a UHD monitor nowadays, it's not exactly helpful. Look how small it is in my screenshot.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base