Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AVI CODEC and all kind of OLD CODEC

We need AVI CODEC for Vatican Television, becouse we doesn't convert all our history in .mp4..

We need your help for a Amazing New Version of PREMIERE PRO CC!

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All Clips Under Timeline "Marker Zone" Move With Marker

Like a lot of editors, I log interviews by creating markers above the timeline and labelling these markers by subject. Unfortunately, if I move a marker, the clips don't move with it. It would be great if I could move and arrange whole subject areas by simply moving markers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Do not improve, just stabilize rock solid.

Hi folks,

I know you are working to make this software better but, maybe you guys should stop improving and use your time to make this software stable.

I use in multiple platforms, multiple devices and operating systems and this program became a nightmare and i am dissapointed.

You guys dont have a competitor, why not improve stability rather than features??

I will talk for all the editors out there, F# features, give us stability.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add shadows to images-from-file

The previous (now legacy) titler, allowed for shadows under images from file.... this is not possible with essential graphics.

Please add it. Drop shadows are very important for readability, and too many logos/graphics include text that I cannot add a drop shadow to.

Thanks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop Bugs!

Ever since the new update, I have had SOOO many problems with Premiere Pro. The most annoying one is that it messed up my workspaces. Every time I click on a workspace it has a pop-up saying that I have to save-as. Also, it messed up all of my workspaces and deleted some. Whenever I try to customize my workspaces again, they get reverted after starting the app again. This is very annoying and I should not be paying the price I do for apps with this many bugs. Please fix this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cant import videos uploading only sound

importing only audio files and not the image. when i try to play to video, its black but i could hear only the sound and not see the image of my rush...so

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: RED Media of certain resolutions causes tearing of image

When editing anamorphic .r3d media at certain resolutions Premiere cause tearing of the image if played back at 1/4 res, and 1/8 res. Thumbnails also exhibit tearing. This was seen on Mac Pro with dual D500 GPUs, version 12.1.1 and PC Version 12.1.1 on Nvidia 1070 ti. Resolution for RED footage is 3240 x 2700 at 2.0 pixel aspect ratio.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Favorite Effects Palette

I'd like the ability to drag your favorite effects to a separate palette or bin, so they are always available without having to twirl out a submenu in the normal effects browser. Preferably the Favorite Effects Palette would support custom thumbnails to make it easier to quickly find your most used effects.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Marker Bug

In the most recent Premiere update, there is a bug when working with markers on source window footage. I load a clip in the source window that has markers on it. Then I open the Markers tab. If I click on a marker in the Marker tab, the playhead will jump to the correct spot in the source window. But when I push play, the program monitor starts playing instead of the source monitor.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Lumetri color blocking with LUTs on FS7 footage

Sony FS7 footage, 4k XAVC-I, SLOG-3 -

Colors block up conspicuously when applying Lumetri LUT to the LOG footage. I've tried multiple LUTs, Sony and Arri, and all have the same results.

HOWEVER - in After Effects, the exact same LUTs, applied through the Lumetri effect to the same footage works perfectly. No blocking at all.

My work around is to send the footage to After Effects and apply the Lumetri LUT there. Obviously not ideal.

I've now seen this on multiple shoots, from multiple FS7 cameras, and it was on two most recent versions of Premiere. Help would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please give us a way to re-link all project footage.

I still find it hard to believe that such a fundamental function is missing from an editing application, but it seems so in Premiere.

After you've done your edit and want to color-correct the footage you used, the Premiere Project Manager makes it pretty easy to gather all of the used source files and copy them to a new directory. Great!

So you bring all those clips into your CC application (let's say Resolve), color-correct them, and then render them all out with the exact same filenames, resolution, and durations.

There appears to be no way to redirect your Premiere…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easily adjustable rules for applying luts to footage.

You cannot batch control luts right now on master clips. It would be great if we had a way to apply luts based off of metadata such as this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 export with field-order support (not only progressive output)

I have to export a MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 of my masters (ProRes422 1080i upper-field) and the exporter for MXF OP1a JPEG 2000 only supports progressive frame outputs. Please add field order to this exporter.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Selecting Title graphics crash PP

The only way to use title graphics in PP now is for me to create the title effect then immediately nest and render it. Otherwise, the program crashes the moment the title graphic clip is selected.

Please fix this bug.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!!

Make "move forward" and "move backward" customizable like the trim feature!!! Can't stand it's only 5 frames.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. image buffer errors

I get this error message constantly (about every 5-10 minutes) and the program crashes. "Error: Unable to create image buffer."

I would just like this fixed please!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dropbox Smart Sync and File Location/Linking

At our studio, we use Dropbox to store smaller files such as audio and stock video. With Dropbox's new Smart Sync feature, all of the files are listed by name in a folder's Finder window, even if they are not synced locally. This can cause an issue when another editor is opening the file on a different system that does not have all of the media synced locally, and Premiere will freeze during the "Locating Media" step of opening a project.

For example, if an editor has downloaded ten different stock video clips but uses only one in the final…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Looping Record for ADR/voiceover synchronized to picture

Recording ADR/foley/voiceover is easiest if you can record using a LOOPING RECORD to record multiple takes in a repeating rhythm so the artist can anticipate the speech cadence. WORKFLOW: editor would click IN and OUT points to define the area to punch into (record), click the "Looping Record" icon in the interface, and then record multiple takes until they get it right. In Preferences the "Postroll" would be some adjustable duration (example: two seconds) that extends the duration of each loop with a non-recorded pause between takes. There would also be a "Countdown/Preroll" setting with two choices - either one-second…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow ingest after clips are in the project

I'd like a simple option for clips already in the project to copy or transcode them into a specified location and relink to the new media.

Sometimes I need an easy way to gather a bunch of clips into one folder, sometimes I want to audition some footage from an external drive or card before deciding if it's worth copying in.

This is sort of possible using the project manager, but that's a very clunky process that involves resaving the project and it affects everything, not just certain files.

I'd like to be able to just select some clips and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. indicator when source and program monitor are ganged

There should be an indicator that appears beneath both the source and program monitors when you enter "gang" mode so you can quickly see when it's on and when it's off.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base